Seasons 52 - San Diego
4505 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Seasons 52 - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 8584501252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lucy Cyr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - San Diego
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seasons 52 - San Diego - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Seasons 52 - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
398 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (213)fit for foodies (200)special occasion (171)good for groups (144)great for outdoor dining (137)neighborhood gem (135)notable wine list (115)vibrant bar scene (106)romantic (86)hot spot (82)great for brunch (43)kid-friendly (27)late-night find (25)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great food, slow service.WIneLoverDined on 9/19/2014Food was very good, especially the roasted mushroom flatbread. Service at 7:00 pm on a Friday was very slow, likely a result of the waining happy hour crowd.Special Features:
- Love Seasons 52OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Healthy, delicious, happening atmosphere, & good service. They accommodate my gluten & dairy allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food and Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The entrees we had (trout and salmon) were wonderful -- both pieces of fish and the accompanying vegetables were cooked perfectly. The appetizer (shrimp scampi) was very good but could have been outstanding if: the bread was not soaked into the sauce already; there were more tomatoes; the shrimp had not been a bit overcooked. The sauce was superb but there wasn't enough of it. Whoever thought of the mouthful desserts is a genius. They are scrumptious and "just enough" to satisfy that ever-present sweet tooth!Special Features:
- Great Food and Ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Wonderful food and ambiance. The only caveat is the parking on a Friday night...difficult so allow extra time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Welcome Addition to a mallSammmomDined on 9/19/2014Seasons 52 has beautifully served delicious food. Not cheap but worth every penny.Special Features:
- SandyDined on 9/18/2014The best feature is the service and friendliness of the staff. They really try to give you a pleasant experience. The noise level is terrible. The bar area is the only place that is tolerable if you have any desire for a relaxing meal, and this is still marginal. The food was good, not great, except for the delightful desserts. I would not eat there again.
- What a great experience!jadeVIPDined on 9/18/2014Once again, Seasons 52 surpassed my expectations! The new seasonal choices are wonderful, the service exemplary.Special Features:
- business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2014The server was pleasant but she was very slow. Left us waiting to order for almost 15 minutes on a business lunch hour. BBQ chicken salad was just okay. There was no BBQ-type salad dressing, and the chicken was plain grilled, so I'm not certain what was BBQ. 2nd disappointing lunch in this restaurant in one week. I still like Seasons 52, but the servers in this location aren't very good, and some of the dishes are either missing ingredients from the menu or just a bit bland.Special Features:
- Great Tasting and Healthy too!KGirlDined on 9/16/2014I have never had a bad meal at Season's 52. Each time I'm amazed at the great taste and the portion size for the amount of calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2014We were seated promptly in a large comfortable corner booth and our dinner guest joined us immediately after. We all agreed we probably had the best location in the restaurant and also agreed that the noise level was loud - the live music didn't help. The wine list is very good and the menu offered many great choices. Each of us ordered either a soup or salad with our dinners of quail, salmon, and scallops. This was the first time I have had dinner at Seasons 52 - I have had lunch a few times and the noise level was less. The location at The Headquarters seems to be more quiet - the ceilings aren't so high and echo-y. Overall, an enjoyable experience except for the noise - and I'm not old...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunch in the back room!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2014IF you want a quieter meal at lunch time ask to be seated in the back room that they often close for private parties. IF that is not available try to sit outside. I was lucky this time and the back room was open !! It is amazing that the noise level is sooo different and much calmer than the main dining room!! The food as usual was quite yummy!! My son and I shared a mushroom/goatcheese flat breat. Then we each had another dish. He has the crunchy ahi salad and I had a small lettuce wedge with some crab meat. The service was attentive and we enjoyed our food and visiting time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Consistently excellent food with attentive service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the foodLT33Dined on 9/12/2014We always pick S52 over PF Changs or the other local chain UTC eateries. A fresh inventive menu, great service, cocktails and beer menu is adequate for most any palate.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceTrevetFoodiesDined on 9/12/2014This was an excellent experience, service was attentive and the server was knowledgeable about the menu and made good recommendations. I will definitely be going back for lunch and to try the Sunset at Seasons happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entire Menu under 473 cal. Love!EncinitasBeachBumDined on 9/12/2014Went here for a work lunch to celebrate my birthday and I was pleasantly surprised. The service was great, the food delicious and the portions were generous for being until 473 calories. I had the Cedar Plank Salmon with veggies and it was yummy. We'll go back, definitely!Special Features:
- Wonderful food and servicePaulaDined on 9/11/2014Seasons 52 consistently delivers wonderful food and great service! It is our "go-to" place in San Diego and la Jolla for out of town guests and dining out just ourselves! On this visit, the chef, himself, came to our table to clarify something for my menu choice! That is truly a rarity!! The ambience, food, and service make Seasons52 a great dining destination!Special Features:
- BeverlyDined on 9/10/2014Have been to restaurant many times, and it is always great.Special Features:
- Awesome!DiningAngelDined on 9/10/2014My girlfriends and I celebrated a birthday. We were treated like queens :). Great food, great service, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Autumn MenuDianeDined on 9/10/2014LOVED the new selections!! Plan to bring a friend visiting from the U.K. in October :) Visited several times during the summer for the $15 flights and flatbread, love the ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FabulousVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food and the service were excellent as always. We ordered one of their chicken dishes and it came with no greens on the plate and my husband asked "where's the greens?" and they share with him that it came with root vegetables (which were delicious by the way).....and then they came out with a full plate of greens for him! Amazing service!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!TammyDined on 9/6/2014I have been there at least 5 times in the last several months, and each time is even better. My husband and I celebrated our 34th Anniversary there last Saturday night. I reserved my table through Open Table and put down the reason for our visit, our anniversary. We were greeted by our last name, there was an Anniversary card on our table with a candle lit and the employee's wished us a Happy Anniversary. We then received 2 complimentary glasses of champagne, had an excellent dinner w/appetizers and drinks. We also received 2 complimentary desserts, I can't tell you how impressed I am with their service. This was my husband's first time and he was just as impressed, the quality of their service is excellent.Special Features:
- NYfoodieDined on 9/6/2014We love Seasons. We hosted a birthday party there when Mom turned 92 in the Chef's Table. The restaurant never disappoints and was happy to oblige when I asked for a quiet table. Our server, Brandon, was particularly amiable and attentive.Special Features:
- 52 times 2.SalzburgGuyDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed our second visit to the 52. This time mid day very late lunch. Glad we did. Sat outside in a shaded area. Interesting as it fronts a shopping center. Once again enjoyed the food. Enjoyed their new Fall Menu. Excellent. Also, received excellent service from our waiter: Dean. Not too much, not too little.Special Features:
- Great Food, A Bit NoisyHighonSanDiegoDined on 9/5/2014I love Seasons 52. The terrific food, with each dish at 475 calories or less, is a real treat. But you need to watch where you sit in the restaurant. If you are there for a business lunch, e.g. to talk, pick the wrong seat and it is just too noisy. I prefer a booth but it needs to be near a corner to minimize noise.Special Features:
- Always goodfussyVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food is delicious, the service is attentive and if you sit in the back room it is quiet enough to talk.Special Features:
- Awesome foodJaykid007Dined on 9/3/2014This is a great place to take clients or friends. The food is fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Everything was great -- the food, the service, the atmosphere. I've been there several times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Poor Food Service from KitchenPomegranateGalDined on 8/30/2014My appetizer was made incorrectly and had to be done again, then my meal was served with peppers, which I specifically asked not to have. The server saw it after I'd already scraped off the peppers and insisted on making me a new meal to go without peppers. The server was very kind, but it kitchen messed things up twice. Not good!Special Features:
- helenDined on 8/29/2014first time dining here and it was absolutely fantastic. Excellent service, food was prepared perfectly and beautifully presented. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Good was bad. Why go through all that trouble and have such bad food? They cover everything in sugar to make it taste good. Just too many things were off..
- Perfect timingWadiegoDined on 8/29/2014My wife went out for date night on a Friday night. We had a 6 pm reservation and we were surprised to find they had a Happy Hour that went until 6:30 pm. Our server was excellent and let us know the Happy Hour deals and recommended a few things. We listened and were very happy with the selections and the price. We like eating small plates of various items and this gave us a lot of choices. Seasons 52 always has great food.
- Great food without the caloriesDoveDined on 8/25/2014This is my favorite lunch spot. All the selections are gourmet delights yet under 400 calories each! I've always wished for a personal nutritionist and if this place could permanently cook for me, I'd reach my ideal weight without a problem. The interesting interior design adds to the ambiance and the best is left for last .... The bite size desserts. Perfect way to feel treated but not cheated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place for foodiesTreadstone1Dined on 8/24/2014I can't say enough good things about this place, sometimes it works just to be good at a few things vs. trying to please everyone. Menu has a nice selection of items and good variety that changes seasonally. I had an Ahi Tuna salad and it was perfect...portion size, quality were all top notch.Special Features:
- Good as always!Born2xDined on 8/23/2014No reason to stop going to this place... still the best healthy food in town!Special Features:
- Dinner was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/23/2014Jim and I ate at Seasons 52 in UTC on Saturday night. What a disappointment considering our last meal there was fantastic. I had the boneless trout (which was tasteless) and asparagus. Jim had the shrimp pasta, which was also tasteless. We ordered the kale Caesar salad, which was also tasteless. The only thing we liked was the brewed unsweetened tea. Our server, Danielle, was fantastic and she made sure my special dietary needs were met. But all in all, it was truly a disappointment and it will be a long time before we go back.Special Features:
- Great Addition to UTCgoodfoodwonoiseVIPDined on 8/22/2014Looking forward to returning to enjoy more of the creative menu. Appetizers perfect for late dining.Special Features:
- temper the noise and enjoy the foodcharlieVIPDined on 8/22/2014can there ever be a quiet restaurant. went for lunch and our choices from duck lettuce wraps to ahi stack to a ceasear with a lobster proved to be delightful. but the noise... energetic and loud, and we could hardly hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for fresh & delicious foodMinouVIPDined on 8/22/2014I like this restaurant because the food seems always fresh. I had Branzino the other day and it was delicious prepared with Meyer Lemons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceTammyDined on 8/22/2014This was my 4th visit to Season's 52 and each experience is better than the last. The service is excellent and I love how they address our party by th name of the person who reserved the table, it's more personal. The ambience is warm and inviting, and the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great place to go before a movie.nanceverDined on 8/20/2014We went to this restaurant before going to a movie near by. We told our server and she made sure our food arrived promptly. Everything was very good, the side salad was huge! We'll be going here again!Special Features: