Seasons 52 - San Diego
4505 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Seasons 52 - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 8584501252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lucy Cyr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - San Diego
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seasons 52 - San Diego - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Seasons 52 - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
404 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (208)fit for foodies (199)special occasion (184)good for groups (132)neighborhood gem (128)great for outdoor dining (123)notable wine list (111)vibrant bar scene (95)romantic (87)hot spot (75)great for brunch (47)late-night find (28)kid-friendly (25)scenic view (3)Show More
- Delightful mealLisaDined on 7/28/2014I had a business meeting at Seasons 52. The flatbread was terrific. The Greek salad was just what one would expect. But those damned desserts...I was perfectly satiated until that S'mores dessert made its way to my table and insisted I have it. I did, and it was worth it. What I love about dessert at this restaurant is that it's rich and satiating. That it is small both in size and caloric content minimizes my guilt. The food is tasty and healthy, and I love that (although big eaters like my husband would find the portions wanting). I do hate fighting the crowd at the front desk, but that's what happens when a place is good.Special Features:
- Declining food qualityabcdVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was my third visit since opening. Disappointed with the noticeable drop in food quality as popularity increased. Kitchen may be struggling to handle the volume.
- Seasons 52 La Jolla, CAKfoodDined on 7/25/2014Finally made it to Seasons 52 as Ive been told Ive got to go! The food and restaurant ambience were very good especially the live piano music. The service was ok but I was not too excited when the entrees appeared right after the appetizer was served, poor planning! While the menu is interesting it’s not that special, is pricey and doesn't motivate me to rush back.Special Features:
- Delicious fresh in season foodDeliciousDined on 7/25/2014Good food, freshly prepared. Knowledgable wait staff. A bit crowded but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good AmbienceHichiDined on 7/25/2014I liked the food, wine, service and atmosphere. This was my first time here. A little pricey for me, so I can't go there very often, but would recommend it to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceYennaDined on 7/25/2014Celebrated 2 year anniversary and the service was excellent with special greet from the manager plus complimentry champagne and desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menumbsdDined on 7/25/2014The food is fresh and low calorie, but my husband loves his burger. They don't have the burger on the dinner menu. We would be more likely to dine here if they did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience and FoodTammyDined on 7/24/2014The ambience of the restaurant is warm and inviting, the service was outstanding. The food is fantastic and the desserts are just so perfect in taste and size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Menu - Always Great!KathleenDined on 7/24/2014I knew Seasons 52 was great for happy hour and dinner, but now I know they are great for lunch too. Loved the wedge salad and flatbread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Travel7Dined on 7/23/2014We went there for a pre-wedding dinner. The bride's family had flown in from India and this was a chance for us to meet. Service and food made it a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OhPleaseDined on 7/23/2014Portions were smaller than one would think. Waitress was aghast that I might want a bacon cheeseburger! Oh My!
- My "go to" place when in UTC areaOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 7/22/2014Menu is very broad, with fresh ingredients that change with the "season" 52 weeks a year. No individual item is over 450? calories and everything is great to share. Expansive wine list. Love Season 52. Service was a bit slower getting our food this time but they were very crowded. We only cared because we had theater tickets, so on a tight deadline. We let our server know this, and he did his best, but we got out of there about 10 minutes later than we had wanted to.Special Features:
- arrgghh2travel2muchDined on 7/21/2014Restaurant wonderful. Ope Tab stunk. Couldn't change number of diners, after trying repeatedly had to phone restaurant. Yuck.Special Features:
- Superb in every way.drmacDined on 7/21/2014Outstanding food, service and ambience - this was a special occasion and we were pleased with every aspect on our time in the Seasons 52. Additionally, all of the food was fresh and perfectly prepared. We were very happy and also healthy at the end of the meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/17/2014Enjoyed sitting outside with the fire pits. Too noisy and crowded inside. Love the healthy menu and large wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Malll standoutmikeVIPDined on 7/16/2014While Seasons 52 is a "mall" restaurant, the fact that it is always packed particularly around lunch times tells you that the food is way better than average. Fresh ingredients helps push the farm to table theme. The menu changes often enough that one does not get bored with the same fare each visit. The service is stellar and unobtrusive. Always a good experience.Special Features:
- Where have you been?HappyDinerDined on 7/16/2014Seasons 52 has it all. Wonderful, tasty, low calorie food, great wines, excellent service. Everyone is so accommodating. So happy you are in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Don't forget Happy Hour!UnimpressedVIPDined on 7/16/2014You also need a category for "great happy hour." Although this time I went for lunch, I know that Season's has the best flight and flatbread happy hour around. The wines offered for this are very nice wines and the flatbread is tasty and low cal! My friends and I go often specifically for the flight and flatbread special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceNeillibDined on 7/15/2014We had another wonderful evening at our new favorite local in UTC. The food was prepared very nicely and super tasty. The server was awesome and the manager took after us as we had to wait 10 minutes past our reservation with a lovely glass of wine.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014I brought my granddaughters, daughter my sister in law gourmet chef from New Zealand for a lunch. They, unlike me, were new to Seasons 52. They all wanted to return the next day. So we did!Special Features:
- Another great meal!HappycustomerVIPDined on 7/15/2014Service was OUTSTANDING and the food thoroughly enjoyable - - - again.Special Features:
- Noisy -OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014Food was very good - waitress exceptional. Why the hostess put a group of 8 with 4 screaming out of control toddlers in the middle of the dining room is beyond me - next time -- away from the romantic dinner for two tables please. Its just common sense. Waiter bumped my chair three times before we even had our order taken. The table next to me had a shrieking screaming baby. Second screech and we had to ask to be moved to the bar. Much better. 1st and last visit here. It was like eating in a high priced mall food court with decent food - but overall ambiance - awful. Had to ask for a fork for our meal - a few other things went not so smooth. $140 for our 2 meals - next time: Juniper and Ivy. Better food ambiance everything for same $
- This place never disappoints!MattDined on 7/13/2014An absolutely great experience. Our server was extremely knowledgeable regarding his menu and wine list. I will keep coming back to this place over and over again!Special Features:
- A bit price-ee.ErikaDined on 7/12/2014Seasons is a bit price-ee for a day out at the mall but the food is super tasty. The wine flight and flatbread deal before 6pm is the way to go. Oh and the mini desserts are fun and tasty too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOODFOODCRITICDined on 7/12/2014I AM NEVER DISAPPOINTED. THE MENU IS FANTASTIC. SERVICE GREAT. YOU CAN LISTEN TO GREAT MUSIC AND STILL TALK WITH SOMEONE AT YOUR TABLE AND BE HEARD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Much NoiseBepagedDined on 7/12/2014My friend and I were seated near two large very noisy groups. I suggest that the restaurant have a separate area for those larger parties so the rest of us are able to hear and converse. When I've been to the restaurant other times, the ambience was much better.Special Features:
- great food; noisyAllergiesDined on 7/11/2014Noise level is very high. Food is wonderful for foodies.Special Features:
- Great evening for our table of fiveDine2niteDined on 7/10/2014The food, service and live music were great. Will go again sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fine Dining ExperienceMrBohoDined on 7/10/2014This was third time that my girlfriend and I at here, and for the third time Seasons 52 did not disappoint. Great dinner, great drinks, and great service. Also love the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outside deckOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We enjoyed sitting outside and talking and eating light fare.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!retiredfromkitchenVIPDined on 7/9/2014Definitely a wonderful find in our neighborhood, from lunch to a late-night drink and snack at the bar. Attention to detail in all respects is very impressive. The decor is beautiful and tastefully-done, staff always friendly and efficient and food well prepared and low in calories!! We have already introduced several friends to Seasons and they all love it as well. We were very surprised to see such a high-quality restaurant in a shopping mall, but are delighted it is there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Solid StandbyAkddeepdiverVIPDined on 7/6/2014We were a party of 5 for dinner. Service was fantastic, we sat outside, only complaint and it was not the restaurants fault but that evening sitting outside seem to have attracted people with unruly children, while were trying to enjoy our evening. The food was good, but one should note that the claim to fame that "every item is less than 475 calories", which is a great concept if all you order is an entree. By the time you have had an appetizer, entree & possible desert, you are well over 1000 calories. We dined on hummus, tuna tartare, pork, lamb, tuna, salmon, trout, & of course the little desert heavens. This restaurant is a great neighborhood standby, always good food, healthy choices, good service and a nice place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat. Night DinnerSkipGDined on 7/5/2014We had a great Dinner, Great Waiter, there was a point where we felt he was a bit too busy to take care of us, as we had to walk up to the bar and order another glass of Red wine. However, we think he realized this, and comped our dessert and gave us Cava with Raspberries. We think he knew he was being slightly inattentive, however he more than made up for it. This is what is best in a restaurant, when the mgmt. sees that there could be a problem with service brewing and heads it off at the pass. We have nothing but a rave review for the restaurant. It will be a usual stop for us now! Plus the complimentary photos were a plus! The steaks were cooked perfectly and Piano bar was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aunttotwoaunttotwoDined on 7/4/2014I come here often. I love they change some of the menu weekly and some seasonally and that much of the food is local and very fresh.. I always enjoy the service and delicious flavors and of course the mini indulgences for dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FamilynurseVIPDined on 7/1/2014This is my favorite restaurant in San Diego. It is a little pricey but that makes it a treat!Special Features:
- Prices Rise & Portions DeclineDoctorSDined on 7/1/2014I have dined a total of 5 times in this restaurant in the past year. Unfortunately, the prices have been significantly increased and the food portions have been reduced since my last eating at this restaurant and since my last review which gave the restaurant top marks. We sat in the patio instead of inside this time. Service was a bit slow and we had to wait for our dinner - more than normally at this place. Food amount clearly was reduced and prices have been significantly increased. I used to love coming to this place but not so sure anymore with the changes that have occurred since my last dining here.Special Features:
- Good food but too slowCPofSDDined on 7/1/2014We went as a group of 6 for a Tue lunch at 12:15 on a reservation. We got the table right away and the place was very busy. It was quite loud which made it hard to hear the waitress for the specials. Beside that, the place is well designed. We were impressed with food quality and taste but the wait was extra long. We did not get our entrees until way pass 1. The waitress did not come to explain so I guess that is expected in this place.
- Good food but service was very slowJG22Dined on 6/30/2014First time dining at Seasons 52 and had heard good things about the menu. Ordered an appetizer to share with my friend, two lunch entrees and one side. It took almost an hour to get our lunch entrees after our waitress continuously said they were almost ready. She did offer us a free dessert for the wait but then also realized our side never came out either. The waitress was very apologetic and the tastiness of the food made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noiseDannyDined on 6/29/2014It's absolutely perfect in every way except there's always to high a noise level....don't know the answer.Special Features:
- Excellent Patron ServiceSandyDined on 6/28/2014The food, presentation and ambience are excellent at this restaurant. The menu focuses on healthy, reduced calorie entrees - Hooray! Best of all, customer satisfaction is primary. The Manager comped all 3 of our dinners due to a problem with one entree. High Class!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.