Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters
789 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 6197020052
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Woodfork
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly in our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. Together we will create the event of the season!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (134)special occasion (125)good for groups (99)great for outdoor dining (82)notable wine list (80)great for lunch (72)romantic (72)neighborhood gem (67)vibrant bar scene (47)hot spot (41)late-night find (19)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (8)Show More
- Great Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Staff is awesome and the food is amazing. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening with friendsxofaveDined on 10/18/2014Ease of reservations for 4 of us at 7 pm Saturday night thru open table - perfect. We arrived at 7, were immediately seated, again perfect. Jeremiah was our wonderful waiter - great selections were recommended, and he was attentive to everyone's needs throughout the night. The lamb special was the choice for three of the party and the scallops were my choice. Everything was amazing, cooked to perfection. We will so go back to Seasons 52 at the Headquarters, it's easy to get to, valet parking and wandering around looking at shops afterwards on our way back to the Grand Hyatt was a great way to end the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service + Food=WinnerSanDiegoNativeDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant has it right. Great value and great food. Our waiter was trainee Michael and he did an exceptional job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brithday dinner!SweSwirlDined on 10/17/2014I'll keep it short. Great place with superb service and classy and comfortable atmosphere. I'm rather health conscious so I loved that all menu items were light (<500 kcal), which allows one to share an appetizer, have an entre, and a dessert without feeling like a force fed goose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great mealamplcswVIPDined on 10/15/2014So enjoyed our meal. We eat here often and are never disappointed. My steak came out well done and they took it back to the kitchen and offered me something else to nibble on until they could broil a new one. When it arrived it was perfection. Love this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/12/2014Delicious signature cocktails! The ingredients are fresh and cooked to perfection. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice meal for out-of-town friendsVisitingSanDiegoDined on 10/10/2014Dylan, our server, was great - very attentive. The food was fantastic -- we ordered from the "small plate" menu and the regular menu. Of note, advise diners that the grilled scallops are sitting on a bed of salt - we found out the hard way when a scallop fell into the salt - oohhh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Friendly resturant but service was poor. I have nothing more to say.Special Features:
- LB33Dined on 10/9/2014Great location near waterfront and the Convention Center. Menu was great although the deserts were limited in size. Food quality and presentation was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatepateDined on 10/4/2014Never been before. Very nice. Good food. Would love to go back. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Service was great. Food was decentiloveorangesDined on 10/3/2014Our server was a wonderful delight and made for a very enjoyable eating experience. I ordered the scallops, which were seasoned well but was cold by the time it got to the table (the A/C was on pretty high). My husband ordered the branzini, which was pretty tasty, and our friends ordered the pork chops and a side of Brussels sprouts. The pork was very tender but the sprouts came on an unnecessarily hot cast iron vessel that didn't cool down even afterwards, causing slight burns between the pair sharing the dish. We did love the live music from the bar. That kicked the ambiance up a notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch SpotSteadyDined on 9/30/2014Met a former work colleague to celebrate their retirement. glad I chose Season 52!Special Features:
- Great healthy gourmet food.MustWatchWhatIEatDined on 9/28/2014This restaurant has healthy food prepared beautifully. We went two nights in a row because I knew I could trust that I wouldn't get ingredients that I can't easily tolerate. Aside from that the service was fabulous. Ambience nice too. Wish we had found it earlier in our stay.Special Features:
- So much potential.dataconsult007Dined on 9/28/2014Had the unfortunate experience of a Sunday late afternoon, early evening reservation. Yes the place was busy, but my party of 6 sat for 40 minutes before water and drinks arrived, then had to rush the dinner delivery and most all the food came out slightly burned. Disappointing as it's a nice location.Special Features:
- UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Because we are health conscious it is hard to dine out and find quality and tasteful meals. But Seasons 52 has a great menu with so many options, all under 475 calories. The food was plated nicely and tasted wonderful. We even had one of the famous dessert cups because when your meal is a healthy option, you might as well have a reasonable portion of dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Chose this restaurant for my birthday dinner during restaurant week. They accommodated 8 people and our waitress was very nice and treated us really well. Very helpful and friendly. The filet mignon and the scallops were very good. The filet melted in your mouth! Would recommend!Special Features:
- Great new restaurantCathyDined on 9/26/2014I met business associates here for lunch. We had appetizers and main dishes and they all were very good. They accommodated my vegan request easily and the people I dined with were impressed with my food! I'm definitely going back again, this time for dinner.Special Features:
- DportDined on 9/25/2014awesome live music, great service and good food. We had a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic all aroundLoveGoodFoodDined on 9/25/2014Restaurant week. heard great things about it and am happy I finally went to The Headquarters location. I was highly disappointed that I had to pay $11.00 for mandatory valet. Basically what I saved by doing restaurant week, I ended up spending on valet. The staff upon entering was fantastic from start to finish. I dined with a friend I had to catch up with so we lingered. Our waitperson was excellent. I wish I could remember her name but it has been a couple weeks now. The food was awesome, zero complaints and all compliments. From the appetizers to the dessert all really great. I would recommend this place to everyone. My friend ended up parking over near seaport village and didn't get a ticket and didn't have to pay $11.00 for valet!Special Features:
- great food & servicejudinsdDined on 9/23/2014First time here & it was a Tuesday night on restaurant week although we didn't go there for that reason but we had friends staying across the street at a hotel. There were six of us dining, five of us had the restaurant week special of filet mignon that was delicious & one had the scallops which he said was very good. Service was great being that it was extremely busy. It was a bit noisy maybe due to the amount of people in the restaurant but it was hard to carry on a conversation at our table but I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014Celebrated my partner's birthday here and they treated us like royalty. Love the food. Love the seasonal menu. Love the drink menu. Love the service.Special Features:
- Healthy and delicious!!MadiDined on 9/22/2014I absolutely love food, but I'm also extremely health conscious. Was so grateful to find a restaurant that is almost as health-conscious as I am. The seasonal vegetables for the menu were mushrooms and broccoli, and everything was delicious. We had the chicken skewer appetizer which had an awesome fuji slaw, and for dinner I had the steak salad which was a perfect portion. To top off the experience, we had an awesome server who was very polite and prompt! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekMarathonDinersDined on 9/22/2014Picked this spot due to location to meet a friend and found it was restaurant week. Lunch was good... flatbread was not quite as advertised. The lump crab salad was nice but not quite a wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, would go back for sureluv2dineoutsideDined on 9/21/2014We've always driven by "The Headquarters," but were prompted to check the place out given its inclusion in San Diego Restaurant Week. We liked most everything about Seasons 52. The patio outside was great for us, especially on a nice night. The food was really good, especially the flat bread which, well, knocked us on our butts. The wine selection was fine...we were each happy with what we ordered. The service was quite good, our server responsive and knowledgeable, but not overwhelming, bugging us every 5 minutes. The ambiance was excellent, at least the night that we went. We were going to be seated inside, but we requested to be outside given that, uh, it's San Diego, right. We were pleased to get our patio table and would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cjohnsoncjohnsonDined on 9/19/2014The salmon was really good. The vegetables that canes with it had no flavoring. But I did ask for no garlic, so I'm not sure if that made a difference. Everything in the menu is under 540 calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- king1king1Dined on 9/19/2014This restaurant is consistently outstanding. The service is the best in the city. The food is always exciting and fresh. Thank heavens they are here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy, tasty foodphilosophyprofDined on 9/18/2014Food need not be buried in rich sauces to be delicious. There is an extensive menu, with plenty of vegetarian options. The waitress brought tastes of several wines to help us choose. Best of all, the desserts were free, since it was my husband's birthday. You can get small servings of desserts-- another nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!glynne41Dined on 9/17/2014I love this restaurant! The food is delicious AND really healthy, too. I count all my calories and nutrients, and I can even have dessert there! One caution is that the dining room is VERY noisy, so if you like quiet, go at the less popular hours, or eat outside in the patio, where it is lovely and quiet! Also, if you have mobility issues, as I do, there is valet parking and easy egress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group had a good timeSafetyatGPDined on 9/16/2014The service is exceptional! Our team greatly enjoyed our networking dinner.Special Features:
- Dinner with the White'sJeanieBDined on 9/15/2014Excellent dinner with friends. Waiter was wonderful. Beautiful place. Food was good. Loved the little desserts.Special Features:
- Great food, very nice!EatAlohaDined on 9/14/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday. Everyone in our group enjoyed our meals. Excellent service. Nice location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceJdinsdVIPDined on 9/14/2014We frequent the restaurant, really liking the healthy alternatives... We live in the neighborhood as well. We brought our of town family on Sunday. The food was a hit as always, but the service really was not up to par... Not sure why, as the dining room was not super busy. A bit disappointed but look forward to better service next time.Special Features:
- Mixed experienceDylanDined on 9/13/2014Ambiance was great, food and service were just "Ok." Server seemed to be at the end of his shift and would have rather been somewhere else. Food was under-seasoned; lamb chops tasted mostly of char. Had a great experience on previous visit so willing to give it one more shot.Special Features:
- Better than expected. 5 stars.LocalsVIPDined on 9/12/2014Short version: Service top rate, food excellent. Longer version: We travel extensively, and have been to several Seasons 52 throughout the country and wanted to try the San Diego location for a bite. We were expecting 4 stars, but the service and food put it to a higher level - better than expected. Kelly - our server - we would give 6 stars. Attitude, recommendations, and service was top rate from her. I had the sea bass special, my wife the halibut. Both were very well prepared - nothing left on the plate - and we are not big people. We came in on happy hour and to have flatbread, plus a tasting of three 90+ rated wines for $20 is a steal. Yes we would go back - an excellent experience this time.Special Features:
- Great value and a healthy optionDQ11VIPDined on 9/12/2014Everything on the menu is under 475 calories. Some very unique menu items at a great price and each dish we tried was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Servicememe4934Dined on 9/11/20142nd visit in 1 week..Food outstanding serveice was not great on 2nd visit... can't wait to visit in Burlington,maSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meme4934Dined on 9/7/2014Sarah was our server VALUE was excellent ,food recommendations were excellent,follow up as we were easting..we felt importantSpecial Features:
- PerfectConnieVIPDined on 9/7/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday lunch experience here with some of my long time friends. Looking forward to coming back for their daily happy hour next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining and lovely lounge musicCursetinaDined on 9/6/2014I ordered the BBQ salad, shared Steak Flatbread Pizza, and new apple shooter desserts. The salad was just ok but everything else was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR Neighborhood Gem!KariDined on 9/6/2014We live across the street....how cool is that?! Always love the atmosphere and the service...warm and welcoming. Great Wine Flight Happy Hour as well as a wonderful special occasion spot! The reason I gave it a minus one star rating was due to the caprese salad not having any flavor in the burrata and we requested bread sticks but were told that they burned in the oven. (Kenneth removed the cost of the Caprese as well as waved the corkage fee, so it's hard to be too disapproving....in fact that's one of the things I love about OUR Seasons....everyone will do whatever it takes to make you happy!)Special Features: