Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters
789 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: (619) 702-0052
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Woodfork
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly in our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. Together we will create the event of the season!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters reviews from OpenTable diners
251 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (134)special occasion (120)good for groups (97)great for outdoor dining (86)notable wine list (78)neighborhood gem (72)great for lunch (71)romantic (71)vibrant bar scene (43)hot spot (41)late-night find (17)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (6)Show More
- Was very disappointed specifically the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Was at Seasons 52 for dinner. The place is beautiful. The wait staff was great. However, the two is us were disappointed in the food. The scallops and risotto was just ok. Not much flavor. The scallops were a bit "rubbery" in texture. My friend had the rack of lamb. He commented he would not order that dish again if we're to ever return. The food presented on his order was also very bland in flavor yo say the least. Living just blocks from the restaurant, I was hoping to really like it and be able to invite friends and co-workers. Right now, that will not be occurring. If we decide to return to Seasons 52, we would definitely try a very different menu item than what we ordered just a few nights ago. Additionally, neighbors in my building had commented they were attending Thansking Dinner there. We won't be joining them.
- A Delightful FindPeterDined on 11/14/2014This was our first visit to Seasons 52. Discovered by using Open Table. Truly a great dining experience. We were celebrating a birthday; a free dessert selection was offered. The friendly waitress, Fabiola, told us that this was her third week on the job. She was extremely pleasant, accommodating and extremely knowledgeable about the menu. A true plus! She said that she was allowed to taste most of the offerings, as part of her training. I really appreciate that because it gives the server's recommendations a lot more credibility. Fabiola shared that the menu changes weekly (52) and there are major changes 4 times a year, with the coming of the next season. Get it? Seasons 52. Though we didn't complain, the only minor disappointment was the flatbread. I think each slice should really contain at least one small piece of each of the toppings. Seasons 52 provided partially-validated parking: 2 hours for $3 in the adjacent Seaport Village parking lot. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable Evening DinnerPalominoDined on 11/11/2014Good food. Very nice wine. Comfortable booth. Easy to hear the conversations at the table. The grilled salmon on the salad choice was excellent. Chicken entrée was tender, juicy and finished to the last drop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely fall menuMonicaPVIPDined on 11/8/2014Seasons 52 is turning out to be one of my fav restaurants. I love how they change the menu, then I don't get stuck ordering the same o'l thing. This visit I had the Pork Tenderloin & Portobello which was a lovely dish. My husband had the Maple-Glazed All-Natural Roasted Half Chicken - also very good. Noise level improved! The piano bar was nice in the background and we could still carry on a conversation.
- Bad service, very good foodDowntownsdmanDined on 11/8/2014Had 6 for dinner. Waiter disappeared for long periods of time. He seemed to be lost and overwhelmed! We complained to the manager who responded vigorously. The entire meal was free. We also received $104 in gift certificates. The food was quite good but the experience was ruined by the service. Kudos to the manager however, will definitely give them another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food & locationDebskiDined on 11/8/2014An impromptu dinner at The Headquarters to meet a friend attending an event at the Convention center. This was easy access and wanted to check out The Headquarters. Friends had recommended 52 Seasons so it was a good chance to try it out. Exceeded all expectations! Started off with a nice cocktail at the bar and there was a performer playing the piano with a great singing voice. Nice atmosphere. Moved to a table where we had a waitress (Meaghan) - she was fantastic! Always attentive, friendly, and great overall service all night long. We had a great dinner, shared a salad which the waitress has split up to 3 plates which was nice. Enjoyed the ahi tuna tartare and loved the lavash chips. We loved our dinners & highly recommend!Special Features:
- jlouDined on 11/7/2014We had a wonderful lunch there. The food was great, and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a GroupLabbieDined on 11/7/2014Our group of 17 dined here for lunch. When asked if it was possible to have separate checks, the answer was yes; we really appreciated that option. Good food and great menu variety for all tastes. Servers were pleasant and knowledgeable and the food was fit for healthy eaters! Desserts were served in shot glasses and were yummy. Lovely restaurant and those who hadn't eaten here before were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!Reasonably Priced Fabulous MealFriendlyVIPDined on 11/5/2014My first visit, and it was Superb! Great food. Great service! Great ambiance! At great prices! Loved the little micro desserts! I can't wait to go back! Soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fanastic experienceLaneySVIPDined on 11/4/2014Celebrated a birthday. Had a wonderful dining experience. Incredible fall selections on the menu, great service - Leu is the best waiter! Live entertainment and a convenient location in downtown San Diego. A real find.Special Features:
- Fanoftable106Dined on 11/4/2014I am addicted to you Razberry Lemonade and the food is always prepared just right,Special Features:
- Overall a good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Appetizers were good (we had a few different flatbreads and the warm olives). Food was good (I had the trout, which they prepared "blackened" at my request). Server was very friendly. My only complaints are that even though it was a slow Monday night it took a long time for our appetizers and then for dinner to be served. It was also too dark in the restaurant : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicesdfoodieDined on 11/1/2014I was a little disappointed with the service. I've dined at other Season 52 branch the their service has been amazing but the service at this point wasn't very good. It took a while to get our drink and food order. The food took a while to come out and when it did, the waiter didn't really check in on our table. The desert took a while as well. The food was great but the service could use a lot of improvement.Special Features:
- "Unseasonable"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I came with a party of six. 2 had the pasta/shrimp. It was dry. The one who had lamb indicated that it was not seasoned and added salt/pepper three different times. 2 had pork and they were ok. I had skewered turkey. It was good. I have eaten at this restaurant on three other occasions with other groups. The food was exceptional each time...and why I convinced my group to choose this restaurant. They were disappointed. I was embarrassed. Server was attentive and accommodating but seemed bewildered when the group (all men) asked for the sauce for their dry pasta and some type of bread service. I am unsure about returning to give it another go. Not sure I can recommend this restaurant in the future based on the latest experience.Special Features:
- Great Service and FoodTomFDined on 10/21/2014Staff is awesome and the food is amazing. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening with friendsxofaveDined on 10/18/2014Ease of reservations for 4 of us at 7 pm Saturday night thru open table - perfect. We arrived at 7, were immediately seated, again perfect. Jeremiah was our wonderful waiter - great selections were recommended, and he was attentive to everyone's needs throughout the night. The lamb special was the choice for three of the party and the scallops were my choice. Everything was amazing, cooked to perfection. We will so go back to Seasons 52 at the Headquarters, it's easy to get to, valet parking and wandering around looking at shops afterwards on our way back to the Grand Hyatt was a great way to end the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outing in San DiegoDosPugs1Dined on 10/17/2014Came to San Diego from Florida, we have a Seasons 52 there that we love to go for dinner, Lunch, and, just for drinks in their great bar. It's on the water, watching the boats go by is a treat. When I found out SD has now a Seasons 52 I called my Daughter and Grandson from Tecmecula to meet us there for dinner. They didn't know about the restaurant. It was a great evening, will go back each time I go to san Diego. Until then, back to the one in my area, Palm Beach Gardens, Ciao!Special Features:
- Service + Food=WinnerSanDiegoNativeDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant has it right. Great value and great food. Our waiter was trainee Michael and he did an exceptional job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brithday dinner!SweSwirlDined on 10/17/2014I'll keep it short. Great place with superb service and classy and comfortable atmosphere. I'm rather health conscious so I loved that all menu items were light (<500 kcal), which allows one to share an appetizer, have an entre, and a dessert without feeling like a force fed goose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great mealamplcswVIPDined on 10/15/2014So enjoyed our meal. We eat here often and are never disappointed. My steak came out well done and they took it back to the kitchen and offered me something else to nibble on until they could broil a new one. When it arrived it was perfection. Love this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/12/2014Delicious signature cocktails! The ingredients are fresh and cooked to perfection. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice meal for out-of-town friendsVisitingSanDiegoDined on 10/10/2014Dylan, our server, was great - very attentive. The food was fantastic -- we ordered from the "small plate" menu and the regular menu. Of note, advise diners that the grilled scallops are sitting on a bed of salt - we found out the hard way when a scallop fell into the salt - oohhh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Friendly resturant but service was poor. I have nothing more to say.Special Features:
- LB33Dined on 10/9/2014Great location near waterfront and the Convention Center. Menu was great although the deserts were limited in size. Food quality and presentation was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatepateDined on 10/4/2014Never been before. Very nice. Good food. Would love to go back. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Service was great. Food was decentiloveorangesDined on 10/3/2014Our server was a wonderful delight and made for a very enjoyable eating experience. I ordered the scallops, which were seasoned well but was cold by the time it got to the table (the A/C was on pretty high). My husband ordered the branzini, which was pretty tasty, and our friends ordered the pork chops and a side of Brussels sprouts. The pork was very tender but the sprouts came on an unnecessarily hot cast iron vessel that didn't cool down even afterwards, causing slight burns between the pair sharing the dish. We did love the live music from the bar. That kicked the ambiance up a notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch SpotSteadyDined on 9/30/2014Met a former work colleague to celebrate their retirement. glad I chose Season 52!Special Features:
- Great healthy gourmet food.MustWatchWhatIEatDined on 9/28/2014This restaurant has healthy food prepared beautifully. We went two nights in a row because I knew I could trust that I wouldn't get ingredients that I can't easily tolerate. Aside from that the service was fabulous. Ambience nice too. Wish we had found it earlier in our stay.Special Features:
- So much potential.dataconsult007Dined on 9/28/2014Had the unfortunate experience of a Sunday late afternoon, early evening reservation. Yes the place was busy, but my party of 6 sat for 40 minutes before water and drinks arrived, then had to rush the dinner delivery and most all the food came out slightly burned. Disappointing as it's a nice location.Special Features:
- UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Because we are health conscious it is hard to dine out and find quality and tasteful meals. But Seasons 52 has a great menu with so many options, all under 475 calories. The food was plated nicely and tasted wonderful. We even had one of the famous dessert cups because when your meal is a healthy option, you might as well have a reasonable portion of dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Chose this restaurant for my birthday dinner during restaurant week. They accommodated 8 people and our waitress was very nice and treated us really well. Very helpful and friendly. The filet mignon and the scallops were very good. The filet melted in your mouth! Would recommend!Special Features:
- Great new restaurantCathyDined on 9/26/2014I met business associates here for lunch. We had appetizers and main dishes and they all were very good. They accommodated my vegan request easily and the people I dined with were impressed with my food! I'm definitely going back again, this time for dinner.Special Features:
- DportDined on 9/25/2014awesome live music, great service and good food. We had a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic all aroundLoveGoodFoodDined on 9/25/2014Restaurant week. heard great things about it and am happy I finally went to The Headquarters location. I was highly disappointed that I had to pay $11.00 for mandatory valet. Basically what I saved by doing restaurant week, I ended up spending on valet. The staff upon entering was fantastic from start to finish. I dined with a friend I had to catch up with so we lingered. Our waitperson was excellent. I wish I could remember her name but it has been a couple weeks now. The food was awesome, zero complaints and all compliments. From the appetizers to the dessert all really great. I would recommend this place to everyone. My friend ended up parking over near seaport village and didn't get a ticket and didn't have to pay $11.00 for valet!Special Features:
- great food & servicejudinsdDined on 9/23/2014First time here & it was a Tuesday night on restaurant week although we didn't go there for that reason but we had friends staying across the street at a hotel. There were six of us dining, five of us had the restaurant week special of filet mignon that was delicious & one had the scallops which he said was very good. Service was great being that it was extremely busy. It was a bit noisy maybe due to the amount of people in the restaurant but it was hard to carry on a conversation at our table but I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014Celebrated my partner's birthday here and they treated us like royalty. Love the food. Love the seasonal menu. Love the drink menu. Love the service.Special Features:
- Healthy and delicious!!MadiDined on 9/22/2014I absolutely love food, but I'm also extremely health conscious. Was so grateful to find a restaurant that is almost as health-conscious as I am. The seasonal vegetables for the menu were mushrooms and broccoli, and everything was delicious. We had the chicken skewer appetizer which had an awesome fuji slaw, and for dinner I had the steak salad which was a perfect portion. To top off the experience, we had an awesome server who was very polite and prompt! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekMarathonDinersDined on 9/22/2014Picked this spot due to location to meet a friend and found it was restaurant week. Lunch was good... flatbread was not quite as advertised. The lump crab salad was nice but not quite a wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, would go back for sureluv2dineoutsideDined on 9/21/2014We've always driven by "The Headquarters," but were prompted to check the place out given its inclusion in San Diego Restaurant Week. We liked most everything about Seasons 52. The patio outside was great for us, especially on a nice night. The food was really good, especially the flat bread which, well, knocked us on our butts. The wine selection was fine...we were each happy with what we ordered. The service was quite good, our server responsive and knowledgeable, but not overwhelming, bugging us every 5 minutes. The ambiance was excellent, at least the night that we went. We were going to be seated inside, but we requested to be outside given that, uh, it's San Diego, right. We were pleased to get our patio table and would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cjohnsoncjohnsonDined on 9/19/2014The salmon was really good. The vegetables that canes with it had no flavoring. But I did ask for no garlic, so I'm not sure if that made a difference. Everything in the menu is under 540 calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.