Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters
789 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 6197020052
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Woodfork
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly in our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. Together we will create the event of the season!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Seasons 52 San Diego - The Headquarters reviews from OpenTable diners
286 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (150)special occasion (148)good for groups (108)notable wine list (102)great for outdoor dining (98)romantic (85)great for lunch (81)neighborhood gem (74)vibrant bar scene (66)hot spot (44)great for brunch (25)kid-friendly (23)late-night find (21)scenic view (14)Show More
- Healthy, tasty foodphilosophyprofDined on 9/18/2014Food need not be buried in rich sauces to be delicious. There is an extensive menu, with plenty of vegetarian options. The waitress brought tastes of several wines to help us choose. Best of all, the desserts were free, since it was my husband's birthday. You can get small servings of desserts-- another nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the White'sJeanieBDined on 9/15/2014Excellent dinner with friends. Waiter was wonderful. Beautiful place. Food was good. Loved the little desserts.Special Features:
- Great food, very nice!EatAlohaDined on 9/14/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday. Everyone in our group enjoyed our meals. Excellent service. Nice location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceJdinsdVIPDined on 9/14/2014We frequent the restaurant, really liking the healthy alternatives... We live in the neighborhood as well. We brought our of town family on Sunday. The food was a hit as always, but the service really was not up to par... Not sure why, as the dining room was not super busy. A bit disappointed but look forward to better service next time.Special Features:
- Mixed experienceDylanDined on 9/13/2014Ambiance was great, food and service were just "Ok." Server seemed to be at the end of his shift and would have rather been somewhere else. Food was under-seasoned; lamb chops tasted mostly of char. Had a great experience on previous visit so willing to give it one more shot.Special Features:
- Better than expected. 5 stars.LocalsVIPDined on 9/12/2014Short version: Service top rate, food excellent. Longer version: We travel extensively, and have been to several Seasons 52 throughout the country and wanted to try the San Diego location for a bite. We were expecting 4 stars, but the service and food put it to a higher level - better than expected. Kelly - our server - we would give 6 stars. Attitude, recommendations, and service was top rate from her. I had the sea bass special, my wife the halibut. Both were very well prepared - nothing left on the plate - and we are not big people. We came in on happy hour and to have flatbread, plus a tasting of three 90+ rated wines for $20 is a steal. Yes we would go back - an excellent experience this time.Special Features:
- Great value and a healthy optionDQ11VIPDined on 9/12/2014Everything on the menu is under 475 calories. Some very unique menu items at a great price and each dish we tried was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Servicememe4934Dined on 9/11/20142nd visit in 1 week..Food outstanding serveice was not great on 2nd visit... can't wait to visit in Burlington,maSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meme4934Dined on 9/7/2014Sarah was our server VALUE was excellent ,food recommendations were excellent,follow up as we were easting..we felt importantSpecial Features:
- PerfectConnieDined on 9/7/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday lunch experience here with some of my long time friends. Looking forward to coming back for their daily happy hour next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining and lovely lounge musicCursetinaDined on 9/6/2014I ordered the BBQ salad, shared Steak Flatbread Pizza, and new apple shooter desserts. The salad was just ok but everything else was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR Neighborhood Gem!KariDined on 9/6/2014We live across the street....how cool is that?! Always love the atmosphere and the service...warm and welcoming. Great Wine Flight Happy Hour as well as a wonderful special occasion spot! The reason I gave it a minus one star rating was due to the caprese salad not having any flavor in the burrata and we requested bread sticks but were told that they burned in the oven. (Kenneth removed the cost of the Caprese as well as waved the corkage fee, so it's hard to be too disapproving....in fact that's one of the things I love about OUR Seasons....everyone will do whatever it takes to make you happy!)Special Features:
- Well orchestrated and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014We made a reservation for 8 at 6 and we were seated immediately. The service was excellent and timely and the food was very good. Parking is a challenge, but that's not the restaurant's fault. There simply aren't enough parking spots and even valet fills up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice choice for a group of six.savorerVIPDined on 9/6/2014We made a reservation for six at 5:00 p.m. because we were on our way to a concert. The hostess seated us at a lovely round table, next to a window and protected by a screen, so we felt very private. The menu has a good variety. My husband shared an order of three-mushroom flatbread and a rack of lamb. There was no hassle about splitting, and the kitchen did it at no charge. The bar serves a good strong drink, and the wine pours for a glass are generous. Everyone was happy with their choices, from fancy salads and assorted flatbreads to Trout Almondine. This Seasons 52 is walking distance from the San Diego Convention Center. It was very convenient for conference attendees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParkingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014Surprised at the mandatory valet parking, 5 hours for $8 plus tip, valet said the alternative was finding parking on the street which we all know is impossible. The restaurant should validate for at least half the fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great happy hourclergychickDined on 9/1/2014we sat on the sofas on the patio and had a delightful time. Justin and Julie were attentive, friendly and so accommodating.Special Features:
- Very Good Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014First time at Seasons 52. Made reservation for 10 and noted the occasion was a birthday celebration. All the staff knew of the special occasion. Drink orders quickly taken and delivered. Appetizers ordered and were very good, especially the fig flatbread. Lots of interesting menu selections. Entrées arrived without undue wait. One guest's filet came well done, ordered medium. Waitress immediately apologized, and returned with an entirely new plate, properly prepared. Manager comp'd that entrée and apologized. Swordfish entrée excellent. Five usually hard to please teenagers in the group must have had a good time, they didn't play with their cell phones much. Overall, very good food, outstanding service in a very nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Best service I have ever hadCorvetteZ06Dined on 8/30/2014My hat goes off to Kenneth Daniels, service manager at Seasons 52. Me. Daniels went completely out of his way to accommodate my date and I. I have never had this 5 star service and attention from any manager at any restaurant at any of the countries I have ever visited. I am truly pleasantly surprised that my best dining experience happened here in my native San Diego. I won't get into much details but will say this, Mr. Daniels gets it. Mr. Daniels knows how to make his customers feel desired, important and welcomed. On another note, the food was excellent and the price not bad at all. The place is clean and the ambiance is awesome all around. I am coming back as soon as my work schedule allows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm vibe at Seasons 52dinerKDined on 8/30/2014Nice evening with friends at Seasons 52 near Headquarters. We were not rushed from our table and able to sit there and enjoy a long coffee after dinner. Atmosphere was warm and welcoming, with low lights, low noise level and excellent service. Fish was a little dry, but salads and vegetables were crisp and fresh. It's a good place to go with friends and be able to talk. Outdoor area superb on a warm night.Special Features:
- UnclePBDined on 8/29/2014One of our favorites despite the parking expense. The food is great, it's quiet, romantic and the staff are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average quality restaurantAA18VIPDined on 8/28/2014Average quality food and sloppy attitude. There are much better choices in San Diego.
- A FavoriteLindaVIPDined on 8/26/2014Visited again and again and never disappoints. Food and service is outstanding. New happy hour menu which is very nice so will return for that too.Special Features:
- 475 Calories or less!BrainDadDined on 8/26/2014I had eaten here once before, and remembered all the wines by the glass, which is nice to pair with each course. I forgot that they specialize in lower calorie, fresh & seasonal food. My wife had the baked olives starter, which included whole garlic cloves and chiles. I ordered the seasonal lobster flatbread, and it was great with the addition of some garlic and chiles from her dish. That was a lot for us, so we ordered an entrée salad, which was OK, and a side of sea scallops, which is a great $10 add-on. Then we finished with a few of the $2.95 desserts in a large shot glass (can't get into too much trouble that way...). Our server was pleasant, and the atmosphere is pretty quiet & calm, even though we were near the exposed kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected pleasure before the gameLaventuresDined on 8/26/2014We have walked over to Seasons 52 twice this summer for dinner prior to attending Padres baseball games. Yummo! Way better than ballpark food with the added bonus of a walk back to the park (about a 20 minute stroll). We especially enjoy the homemade sodas and fresh salads. We plan on returning often, whenever we are in the downtown area.Special Features:
- Reasons for SeasonsFatguyDined on 8/25/2014Season 52 locations are always consistent! Great food and cocktails! Deep wine list! Vibrant and fresh Ambiance. Well trained, educated and pleasant staff. You Never go wrong Seasons!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group ExperienceFoodie22Dined on 8/25/2014Gathered a group of 9 from a nearby conference. Kelsey, our waitress was attentive, accommodating and even took a photo (and printed one) of a birthday celebrant with candle and free dessert included! The food presentation was appealing and the flavors were suburb. Everyone in our group loved their experience at Seasons 52. I enjoyed dinner so much, I returned for a lunch meeting a few days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to its reputationdsrtlvrDined on 8/23/2014I've heard many rave reviews about Season's 52 and this visit was my first while spending a month in San Diego. The restaurant did not disappoint me, which is an easy thing to do when all one has heard is raves. The services was exceptionally courteous, attentive and professional and the food was delicious, unique, and beautifully presented. I hope that Season's 52 will open a restaurant in Palm Springs where my primary residence is located. I'll definitely be back to one of their restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Since they limit calories the entries seem to be less saucy and that's the way I like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Service was very slow. Waiter always seemed to be at another table, and we had to wait. It took 15 minutes before our server even came over to the table, then nearly 30 minutes for our meals to come out. One of them wasnt hoy. To his credut, the manager took it off the bill and gave us a store credit for sny Seasons 52
- Quick lunchQuickandtastyDined on 8/22/2014Me and My girlfriend came here for a quick lunch it was our first time. Mark helped us he was awesome !!! We enjoyed the food and still made it back to the office on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food..service to review..FilifiloDined on 8/20/2014The food was great as had in San Diego and Miami. Season 52 is always a guarantee, top quality restaurant with execellent food. Top appetizers, top main course, top mini desserts. The staff at the entrance was really polite and accommodating. This time the service at the table was not so good as the food quality, as the waiter didn't meet our expectation. We ordered few appetizers indicating what to serve together (what before what later), but we received the first 2 plates both destinated to my girlfriend and the remaining 2 to myself...so we should eat almost separately, not so fine. We also heard a burp from the barman, not so nice for such restaurant. Despite such sincpnvenience, I'll come back for sure.Special Features:
- king1king1Dined on 8/18/2014This remains the nicest and warmest place to dine in the Headquarters. The service is excellent and the place so warm and inviting. Thank you to them.Special Features:
- Overwhelm with lunch crowdKkjsdDined on 8/18/2014Went for lunch and staff was overwhelmed especially the front desk. Had a reservation but people went to the bar portion of the restaurant were served first and faster. Staff needs more training and managers did not help staff . Food decent but not great.
- Very nice serviceJanDDined on 8/17/2014We went for my mom's 80th birthday and happen to hit a night with a group of 120 people from a conference. Nevertheless, our waitress Ashley (I think) was super attentive to detail, and took great care of us. The food is always good at Seasons 52, and was again on Sunday.Special Features:
- Seasons 52OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014The food was excellent but service was very slow. It took about 30minutes to get our cocktails. We ordered a shrimp cocktail and they took it to the wrong table. We got there at 5:15 and our dinner was not served until 6:30. The manager came and comped ua our bill. I am willing to try it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so happy this time around...AnniversaryGalDined on 8/16/2014I made reservations a week in advance for our 28th wedding anniversary. I indicated it was our anniversary and a special occasion. They didn't even give us a good seat. They tried to seat us at a table in the middle of the room. I would think if you make a reservation and tell them it's a special occasion that would mean something to them. We had to wait 30 mins for a nice cozy booth. The hostess acted like we were being unreasonable. I ordered a glass of wine, waitress poured it and it had cork in it. She opened another bottle of the same wine and broke the cork. Then I sampled it and it was acidy. I ended up with a another much better wine but they should have comp'd the price difference. It'll be a while before we go back.Special Features:
- Great funcatfuzzDined on 8/16/2014Tried this new place for a pre-theatre dinner and it was great. Food was cooked to perfection- healthy. Music and live performer was awesome. Wait staff Rob T In particular most excellent- asked us what time the show was and made sure to get us out on time! Very considerate of our needs. Have already recommended this place to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menu for the diet consciousfirefly61Dined on 8/16/2014Really excellent menu, the scallops are to die for and the dessert is ridiculously delicious..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful AmbianceDinerSamDined on 8/16/2014The piano player/singer was lovely to listen to, the service was great and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and foodSunshineDined on 8/14/2014From the time you get there to the time you leave, you receive nothing but the best service and excellent food San Diego has to offer. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanted to enjoy a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.