Seasons 52 - Kansas City
340 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seasons 52 - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 8165310052
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Eckard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - Kansas City
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you"ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 60 are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your next group function, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.Seasons52.com. We look forward to serving you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Seasons 52 - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
Seasons 52 - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (169)fit for foodies (168)romantic (115)notable wine list (104)good for groups (90)neighborhood gem (87)great for lunch (79)great for outdoor dining (61)hot spot (39)vibrant bar scene (37)great for brunch (28)scenic view (25)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Grace, our waitress and Michelle, the GM, both made sure our dining experience was great. Grace was VERY knowledgeable of menu. We will request her station on our next visit. Michelle came to our table to make sure everything was to our liking AND it wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Every TimeJenRBDined on 10/19/2014The food is always great, service efficient, desserts to die for (and in mini portions so no guilt!). Extensive wine list makes this one of our faves when dining with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post KC marathonBodaciousBrendaDined on 10/18/2014We went to Kansas City this weekend to participate in the Kansas City marathon. It was a 5 marathon for me and a first for my man. We wanted to celebrate the epic event in style. It was a fantastic experience. Our wait staff was attentive and helpful in the menu choice and wine pairing. I would go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very busy saturdayChuckVIPDined on 10/18/2014We arrived (4) at 6:30 and waited a bit. The service was just average. By the end of our dinner the restaurant was so busy we never saw our waiter and had to ask several times for a check. Food was average and less than what was expected.Special Features:
- Not the best experience we've hadVeggieTDined on 10/18/2014We normally love Seasons 52 but all four of us agreed that this was our least favorite experience. The place was packed - great for them - but our server seemed overwhelmed and there were long periods of absence. The crab flatbread was wimpy. They ran out of brussell sprouts (after 30+min waiting for food manager came out and said 'the last order was just taken'....what happen to FIFO method of orders? Didn't seem legit). The Branzino was to be an 'aromatic experience when opened' but was rather bland and very boney. Sea Scallops were wonderful as usual - very consistent. The mushroom salad was all greens - nary a mushroom to be found. We so wanted to catch up with our good friends which is why we didn't complain at each course.Special Features:
- Consistently top notch!PlazaLivingDined on 10/18/2014This is a neighborhood restaurant for our family. We always think of it among the top choices to share with visitors. The food is interesting and prepared perfectly. Seasons 52 was a great addition to The Plaza. Every choice is great - we especially recommend seafood selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMartyVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food at Season 52 is awesome and the desert is to die for!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening with friendsDkreifelsDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I took some friends out for dinner and Seasons 52is amazing. James our server was outstanding as we had a gluten/dairy free friend with us and they had a special menu printed for that person and made sure all of us were well taken care of. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great; love the flatbread!joshuadcVIPDined on 10/17/2014We love Season's 52. The food, especially the appetizers, flatbreads and salads are always great--and we love the scallops and the fall squash! We were disappointed that they were still out of our favorite wine, the Lake Sonoma cabernet. As always, the desserts hit the spot.Special Features:
- Disappointed in serviceDisappointedDinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014Food was good just poor service and it wasn't busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014very nice lunch!!! we were pleasantly surprised with the adorable birthday celebration decorations and card! thank you so much. We were also surprised and happy to receive a complimentary dessert which was absolutely yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceluv2dineVIPDined on 10/15/2014We loved this restaurant. The ambiance is very welcoming. The menu is very eclectic. As a vegetarian, I was pleased to see many options and they even have a vegan menu for those who need. I chose the mushroom sop which had a wonderful earthy flavor, followed by the vegetarian tasting plate which was the best I have had anywhere - not only was it very tasty and had large number of vegetables on it, but it was beautifully presented. My husband had the salad with roasted pears and the lamb chops, both of which he said were excellent. Dessert is offered in small demi glass cups and the three we tried were all delicious. I will definitely return here on my next trip to KC.Special Features:
- Rushed by waiterphptlpDined on 10/12/2014In the past we have always enjoyed our dining experience at Seasons 52. On our most recent visit, we felt rushed by our waiter. He did not allow us enough time to peruse the menu. It seems you're to be familiar with the menu and know your beverage of choice prior to being seated. When we asked for more time to be able to read the menu and pair our wine with our entree, we were told that the clock is ticking and you need to get your order in. It was early on a Sunday evening and the restaurant wasn't full, so why the rush? We ordered water and a flatbread appetizer just to give him something to do, so we could make our decisions. We don't dine out often and when we do, we like to make it a relaxed evening out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/12/2014Just a quick Sunday lunch for a group of us, mainly centered on the outstanding flatbreads, soups, and salads.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Seasons 52 was recommended by a client. She was absolutely right on.... great place! great food. first time here and didn't get to sit and enjoy it all as much as I would have liked to. great to start in the bar and move to dinning room.Special Features:
- Did not live up to expectationsHobbes636VIPDined on 10/11/2014We picked this place using TripAdvisor to find a good spot for a birthday celebration. Reviews mentioned they did a good job with that. They did have a lovely arrangement and card at the table and gave us a complimentary desert, but the dinner itself was disappointing. The mushroom appetizer wasn't too bad - just mushrooms, spinach and crab. Could have used some cheese. But the entrees were very blah. The scallops had no seasoning or sauce for the rice and the rack of lamb, while beautifully presented, trimmed and cooked, was tough and tasteless. I understand their efforts to keep the calories low, but the trade-off seems to be lack of flavor. If I'm going to splurge on a celebration dinner, I expect more attention to flavor.
- BlandLarryVIPDined on 10/11/2014Sorry to say that after a good first dining experience at Seasons 52 this second trip was a total disappointment. The caesar salad had no flavor due to lack of dressing. My scallops were done fine, but flavorless. I even had to choose a second choice wine because the recommended wine of the day was gone by 7:15PM. Overall we will not be going back to Seasons 52.
- Our Best ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014All other restaurants could learn from Seasons 52. From the moment we entered the front doors, the staff promptly greeted us, showed us to our wonderful table. We could clearly observe that that every member of the Seasons 52 staff worked very hard to take care of the patrons. They had Great personalities, knowledge of the menu items, knew when they needed to be attentive (not too many trips to our table to check on us). And, by the way, a menu that Gordon Ramsay would most certainly approve. The right number of offerings, the right types, the right prices. Everything was delicious, prepared, seasoned the way we like it, correct proportions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GLO5Dined on 10/11/2014Great food, great atmosphere, and great location. Matt was a great host. We would definitely wish to have him as a server again. His service made for a great evening.Special Features:
- I love this place!luv2dineVIPDined on 10/8/2014You guys know how to treat your guest like Royalty! Thanks Bart Hickey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night on the PlazaOTALPEDVIPDined on 10/5/2014Best night out with my wife in months the Plaza was quiet due to the Royals' and the Chiefs playing that eveningSpecial Features:
- Wow!BlancsDined on 10/5/2014This was my first time here, and I was blown away! The food was so fresh, the staff was so knowledgeable, and it was delicious. I couldn't believe each plate is under 475 calories. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Celebrated our daughter's 21st Birthday here and it was wonderful! Waiter and the whole staff were in top shape. Will go back.Special Features:
- Good find on the PlazairvBDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant has a good and varied menu. The Seasons 52 is obviously a given. This October's menu specials focused on Fall specialties. I'd assume the other seasons are equally represented when the time comes. It should be an interesting/ tasty bit of investigation.Special Features:
- Perfect for usPerfectPortionsDined on 10/3/2014I made reservations for our anniversary and made mention of it when reserving on-line. To our surprise, the table awaiting had heart shaped confetti, a single red rose, and a card awaiting. My wife was blown away from the start. We thoroughly enjoyed an appetizer, soup, and our own entrees. The food tasted great and presentation was superior. Our waitress was genuine and went above to exceed our expectations. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Outstanding. The food was delicious but not to heavy. The mini desserts were a great touch.Special Features:
- OK experience.CrackerVIPDined on 9/30/2014Good ambiance, marginal food. Service not so great. Live entertainment on a Wednesday night but large place with only 4 tables occupied.
- Perfect Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Seasson 52 was the perfect location for our 18th anniversary dinner and exceeded our expectations. We arrived early and sat at the bar to listen to the pianist - he was very talented and it was a great way to start our evening. We were given a very special anniversary card along with complimentary champagne. What a treat! We tried the sushi appetizer which was presented very nicely and tasted wonderful. We shared a Greek salad and had the filet and cedar plank salmon. Both were excellent. We can't remember the last time we had a steak that good! And the salmon was cooked to perfection. The night ended with the tiny desserts and another glass of champagne. Perfect evening.Special Features:
- 52 @ 52OOTGuestDined on 9/27/2014Staff and Management went above and beyond to make my 52nd Birthday special! Ambiance was great. Service and Staff were extra friendly! We will definitely recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!kcfoodboyDined on 9/27/2014This was our first visit to Seasons 52. The entire dining experience, from the moment we arrived, through the final bites of dessert, was wonderful. Our server was personable, friendly and had very detailed knowledge of the various menu items we asked about. The presentation of the food was marvelous, exceeded only by the taste. My lamb chops were expertly prepared: moist, tender and flavorful. Others at the table raved about their entrees: Stuffed Quail and Swordfish (both from the seasonal specials' list). The menu items and wine list offer many selections at reasonable prices. I highly recommend Seasons 52 and look forward to dining there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Very good food, Great service! I am sure we will be going back. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Delicious & InvitingSeasons52Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I were looking for a place to dine in the Kansas City Country Club Plaza area, and employees in several shops in the district recommended Seasons 52 as being a place offering local, fresh foods. We sat in the piano bar area (at a table near a window with a great view of the Plaza) and thoroughly enjoyed dinner. The waitress (Rachel A) suggested a perfect wine to accompany our seafood dishes. The perch was delicious, my wife's scallops incredible. Overall a very, very lovely dining experience.Special Features:
- dinehappyDined on 9/27/2014A great restaurant in the Plaza. The food is delicious and the servings are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceColJimDined on 9/26/2014Had a group of 8. Service was excellent and the waiter did an exceptional jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary dinner!LHesterDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I just went to Seasons 52 for the first time this weekend to celebrate our 2nd year anniversary. We had a great table tucked away and it felt very romantic! Our server, Carly, was one of the best ice had. She helped me in my wine and food choice and did not disappoint! The restaurant had a great atmosphere and was very clean. Plus our appetizers, entrees and desserts came out fast! We will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againNeFoodieDined on 9/23/2014The only portion of the meal worth eating was the appetizer. Seated in front of the kitchen, rushed service when we had told the server we would like to take our time. Crunchy risotto, under cooked butternut squash, a filet that looked like a hanger steak. Since when did organic and locally sourced become tasteless and poorly prepared.
- Great staff and foodCouplethatdinesDined on 9/22/2014I went there for my anniversary and the staff couldn't of been better! They had a giant rose for my lady and champagne toast I would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Vegan in BBQ CityNorthcoastFurkidMamaDined on 9/22/2014Business meetings during meals? I knew that, as a fairly new vegan, this might be a challenge in BBQ City. The menu here was definitely vegetarian-friendly and I figured out, in advance, how I could make it work. I asked our server, Francis (who needs to be cloned globally), if this dish could be made without cheese or if that dish could be made without butter. I thought his reaction might have been "Oh, great, I have one of those people to deal with tonight." He gave me a nearly deadpan look, answered "yes" to my questions, and then turned on his heels. In a minute, he returned with the vegan menu. I sighed...all my good deeds today have paid off in spades. My meal was perfect...I could live here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal hereMaryDined on 9/22/2014I am never disappointed when I dine at this restaurant. Usually I stick with locally owned places but Seasons 52 food is so fresh, so tasty and seasonal, prices are reasonable--that I go back often. Service is always good as well. We dined for our anniversary and--surprise, rec'd a complimentary glass of champagne AND a free dessert! Was not expecting that--it was a nice touch.Special Features:
- constantly very good and inventiveDannyVIPDined on 9/21/2014we love their their mushroom flat bread and the filet and add a lobster tail for $10, I had the rack of lamb which was very good, I love the small desserts for a small priceSpecial Features: