Seasons 52 - Kansas City
340 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seasons 52 - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 8165310052
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Eckard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - Kansas City
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you"ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 60 are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your next group function, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.Seasons52.com. We look forward to serving you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Seasons 52 - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
Seasons 52 - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
320 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (180)special occasion (178)romantic (127)notable wine list (103)good for groups (96)neighborhood gem (90)great for lunch (88)great for outdoor dining (60)vibrant bar scene (40)hot spot (39)great for brunch (29)scenic view (29)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Perfect Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Seasson 52 was the perfect location for our 18th anniversary dinner and exceeded our expectations. We arrived early and sat at the bar to listen to the pianist - he was very talented and it was a great way to start our evening. We were given a very special anniversary card along with complimentary champagne. What a treat! We tried the sushi appetizer which was presented very nicely and tasted wonderful. We shared a Greek salad and had the filet and cedar plank salmon. Both were excellent. We can't remember the last time we had a steak that good! And the salmon was cooked to perfection. The night ended with the tiny desserts and another glass of champagne. Perfect evening.Special Features:
- 52 @ 52OOTGuestDined on 9/27/2014Staff and Management went above and beyond to make my 52nd Birthday special! Ambiance was great. Service and Staff were extra friendly! We will definitely recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was our first visit to Seasons 52. The entire dining experience, from the moment we arrived, through the final bites of dessert, was wonderful. Our server was personable, friendly and had very detailed knowledge of the various menu items we asked about. The presentation of the food was marvelous, exceeded only by the taste. My lamb chops were expertly prepared: moist, tender and flavorful. Others at the table raved about their entrees: Stuffed Quail and Swordfish (both from the seasonal specials' list). The menu items and wine list offer many selections at reasonable prices. I highly recommend Seasons 52 and look forward to dining there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & InvitingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I were looking for a place to dine in the Kansas City Country Club Plaza area, and employees in several shops in the district recommended Seasons 52 as being a place offering local, fresh foods. We sat in the piano bar area (at a table near a window with a great view of the Plaza) and thoroughly enjoyed dinner. The waitress (Rachel A) suggested a perfect wine to accompany our seafood dishes. The perch was delicious, my wife's scallops incredible. Overall a very, very lovely dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014A great restaurant in the Plaza. The food is delicious and the servings are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Had a group of 8. Service was excellent and the waiter did an exceptional jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary dinner!LHesterDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I just went to Seasons 52 for the first time this weekend to celebrate our 2nd year anniversary. We had a great table tucked away and it felt very romantic! Our server, Carly, was one of the best ice had. She helped me in my wine and food choice and did not disappoint! The restaurant had a great atmosphere and was very clean. Plus our appetizers, entrees and desserts came out fast! We will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againNeFoodieDined on 9/23/2014The only portion of the meal worth eating was the appetizer. Seated in front of the kitchen, rushed service when we had told the server we would like to take our time. Crunchy risotto, under cooked butternut squash, a filet that looked like a hanger steak. Since when did organic and locally sourced become tasteless and poorly prepared.
- Great staff and foodCouplethatdinesDined on 9/22/2014I went there for my anniversary and the staff couldn't of been better! They had a giant rose for my lady and champagne toast I would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Vegan in BBQ CityNorthcoastFurkidMamaDined on 9/22/2014Business meetings during meals? I knew that, as a fairly new vegan, this might be a challenge in BBQ City. The menu here was definitely vegetarian-friendly and I figured out, in advance, how I could make it work. I asked our server, Francis (who needs to be cloned globally), if this dish could be made without cheese or if that dish could be made without butter. I thought his reaction might have been "Oh, great, I have one of those people to deal with tonight." He gave me a nearly deadpan look, answered "yes" to my questions, and then turned on his heels. In a minute, he returned with the vegan menu. I sighed...all my good deeds today have paid off in spades. My meal was perfect...I could live here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal hereMaryDined on 9/22/2014I am never disappointed when I dine at this restaurant. Usually I stick with locally owned places but Seasons 52 food is so fresh, so tasty and seasonal, prices are reasonable--that I go back often. Service is always good as well. We dined for our anniversary and--surprise, rec'd a complimentary glass of champagne AND a free dessert! Was not expecting that--it was a nice touch.Special Features:
- constantly very good and inventiveDannyVIPDined on 9/21/2014we love their their mushroom flat bread and the filet and add a lobster tail for $10, I had the rack of lamb which was very good, I love the small desserts for a small priceSpecial Features:
- Good FoodJMMHVIPDined on 9/21/2014My friends and I went during the art show, so they were really busy. Considering that the service was good, but they forgot one side. It came out promptly after we told the manager. They accommodated my allergy and the food was fresh ....
- ParsonsToriaElizabethDined on 9/20/2014All in all a great experience. One suggestion....I'd made reservations for 9pm and called at 4pm to have a bottle of Spy Valley Wine chilled at our table when we arrived. Abby on the phone said they could do this; however, when we arrived the was no Chilled bottle of wine and they had run out...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place in the neighborhood!YummyVIPDined on 9/20/2014A very busy place because of the Plaza Art Fair, we had an 8:45pm reservation, got seated around 9:10pm, but that was ok, waited in the bar and had a drink! Our waitress was great and very nice. The food came out in a timely fashion and was worth the wait! I would highly recommend Seasons 52 to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack of serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Service was poor. Slow on drinks. Did not bring dinners out at same time (simple...all appetizers). Did not bring bill for over 30 mins after plate cleared.Special Features:
- The hostess gets two thumbs downOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014I usually have remarkable service from Seasons which is why I stop in whenever I'm in town. However, this past Saturday (9/20) I witnessed some of the worst customer service skills from a hostess. When I arrived at the restaurant there was another couple in front of us waiting to be helped at the hostess stand. After standing there and watching the other hostess's come up and ask questions and run off and she would look in the computer and make a note, not once in 5 minutes did she ever make eye contact or acknowledge the growing line of people standing directly in front of her. I looked behind me and the line was out the door. A hostess that can't multi-task should not be in charge of running the front desk.Special Features:
- Great place for lunch or dinnerplazaloverVIPDined on 9/20/2014Love the bar area in the evenings, the live music creates a great ambience. S52 is one of my fave locations on the Plaza, and the changing menu is always interesting....the old favorites are still there too, for those of us in a menu rut!Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Food was fantastic and ambiance was great. We sat on the patio during the plaza art fair, so we could hear the band play.Special Features:
- ExceptionaltammyjoDined on 9/17/2014I brought clients and a couple of executives from my company to dinner, and it was a perfect setting for good conversation. The food was amazing. The seasonal options are a delight and the wine list is fantastic; we shared three bottles! The service we received is unmatched on the Plaza, really excellent. I've always enjoyed Seasons 52 personally, but found it to be also ideal for business. Thanks so much to the staff!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014We had a great time, the food was superb and the service better than excellent.Special Features:
- akgjenkintownDined on 9/15/2014One of my favorite restaurants on the plaza. My meals have always been excellent at Seasons 52 and the most recent visit continued the trend. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!JimfromKCDined on 9/14/2014Always great service and food at Seasons 52!! The menu has so many interesting choices that selecting one is hard! Sometimes my wife and I will order several things and then share.Special Features:
- DisappointingJJMagnessDined on 9/13/2014Brought incorrect appetizer, then brought stuffed mushrooms without crab meat and a human hair in one with no explanation why they left out crab meat. Caesar was saturated with dressing. Bartender was screaming over the lovely singer and bartender was inches away from customer. Very unprofessional and the waiter and bartender weren't polished at all.
- We love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We really enjoy going to this restaurant! We chose this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. Great setting, great food and we love this place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Everytime I go there the service is impeccable. So professional. And the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed hereBrianVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food is delicious and consistent, the choices extensive and periodically changing, the service always attentive, the desserts perfectly sized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 9/12/2014We ate here on a Friday night. We started with the featured soup, a butternut squash, because it was cold and rainy outside and soup sounded good. We were offered a sample which prompted us to each order it. Delicious. We both had items off the featured menu, branzino and swordfish. Everything was well-prepared and very flavorful. We had a couple of glasses of wine off their extensive by-the-glass listing and treated ourselves to a couple of dessert shots. I love the small size. You get a nice little dessert to finish the meal but you don't have to commit to a week of it. Professional service, valet parking, lovely interior, all combine with the food for a great experience.Special Features:
- ObliviousNiraDined on 9/12/2014We specifically asked for a quiet table. When we were only one of two parties in an empty room, they sat the other party right next to us. We had been waiting 10 minutes for the server at this time. As soon as the other party was seated, they were wished a happy birthday and were immediately attended by the server. We chose to leave the restaurant without further ado.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Great service and atmosphere for our 25th anniversary. They had a long stem rose and card at our table. All the staff knew that it was our anniversary. They gave us champaign for a toast and gave us our dessert. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal/ Good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014We had a delicious meal! Good food, good value. Service was a bit slow and they were not busy. But we were not in a hurry so not a problem. They even took a picture with a real camera and gave it to us to commemorate our special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable and upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Seasons52 has a tranquil interior and a plush look, but the prices are quite reasonable. And, the entrees were advertised as less than 500 calories. Since we were watching our intake, this was terrific. I had a great salmon salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish was ExcellentJillDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I had the trout and the swordfish and both were fresh, full of flavor and light.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service Good FoodXaris4uDined on 9/5/2014Great classy atmosphere for an intimate family-sized celebration; Nice for a romantic dinner if you don't mind a moderate amount of energy also in the room. The service was stellar. Very attentive, intelligent and sensitive hosts and waiters. The food was good, but not amazing. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food that make you feel goodfullplateDined on 9/4/2014We have had the experience of your wonderful restaurant on many special dinners out and will be back again for your great food, service, and ambiance on the plaza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than pleased.msafariDined on 9/4/2014There were five of us celebrating a birthday dinner. I had never been to Seasons 52, but it was one of those happy accidental choices. The food was great. I had heard the portion sizes were small, but that certainly didn't prove to be true. The flatbreads were good, my rack of lamb was perfect. Great dessert shooters. The atmosphere was very pleasant. One of the people dining with me thought it was one of the nicer places we had dined in K.C. It is subdued and uncluttered. The most outstanding part of the evening was our waitress. I am sorry, but I just can't think of her name. It was so refreshing to have someone that professional. Not once was, "how's everything tasting guys?" ever uttered.Special Features:
- Love itLaurenDined on 9/4/2014We had a perfect quick dinner with our server Francis going above and beyond even to make us a smoothie!Special Features:
- Lunch visitFoodieDined on 9/3/2014I ate there for lunch. I ordered the Red Mole Braised Beef tacos and a side order of Potato wedges. Both were very good. The toppings on the tacos were perfect and the seasonings on the potatoes was excellent. I will definately come back to order those again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciouskcrunner5Dined on 9/1/2014Amazing food, wine list, desserts, service and experience. Highly recommend for special occasion and/or casual night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionRosieDined on 9/1/2014We celebrated out anniversary with dinner at the restaurant. They went out of their way to make it a special occasion. The food was outstanding and the service was even better. This is a fabulous place and we will be back!Special Features: