Seasons 52 - Kansas City
340 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seasons 52 - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: (816) 531-0052
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Eckard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - Kansas City
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you"ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 60 are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your next group function, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.Seasons52.com. We look forward to serving you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Seasons 52 - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
Seasons 52 - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
316 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (189)special occasion (161)romantic (118)good for groups (97)notable wine list (97)neighborhood gem (92)great for lunch (74)great for outdoor dining (45)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (37)great for brunch (25)scenic view (21)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Dinner & a showTimDVIPDined on 11/23/2014Had dinner before seeing A Christmas Carol at the KCREP. Server was very accommodating of our timeframe and ensured we were served and out by the time necessary to make it to the show on time. Both my dad and I had a salad - he chose the kale, I chose the mushrooms. Both salads were delicious. Then, I had the salami flatbread - not what I wanted, should've gone with my gut and had the steak & blue cheese. Dad had the chili and thought it was very good too. It was his first time at 52, and he liked it a lot and is making plans to bring his wife down sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A GEM!!FOODIEFINDERDined on 11/22/2014Used Open Table to make a reservation at Seasons 52 with the request my group be seated away from high traffic areas and also commented that we would be celebrating my son's business accomplishment. WOW! Seasons 52 went above and beyond to make our evening enjoyable. We were seated at a very nice scenic table and our waitress "B" was just outstanding in every way! She brought over complimentary champagne and made sure our every wish or need was taken care of. She did all this with such a great smile and made us feel like we were family. I had the best bloody mary I've ever had bar-none. Our entrees were delivered hot to our table and were absolutely delicious! Before leaving we were served hot fresh coffee and had our choice of several exquisite desserts served in these cute little tall shot glasses. We left feeling we just spent the best $$$ money could buy for not only the wonderful atmosphere and treatment......but also some of the BEST food preparation we've had in a very long time. Our compliments to the chef at Season's 52 and again we thank "B" for making our celebration something very special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My group had an excellent dining experience!JHE072621Dined on 11/22/2014The food was great and the variety of the menu could please many different palettes. Our group had a great time and the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant in KC!TugCDined on 11/15/2014Fantastic service every time I have come--waiters are attentative, polite, but respecting of space. Never has there been a dish I disliked--always perfectly balanced tastes and textures (manageable portion sizes too). The atmosphere is incredible--candlelight, moderately quiet, and the decorations top it all off; giving it a dark dramatic theme. Awesome place, I'd recommend it in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treataceman9Dined on 11/14/2014As always, the Season 52, whether in Chicago or Kansas City . . . the service and the food are always excellent. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningfoodieVIPDined on 11/14/2014Food well prepared with beautiful presentation. Very friendly staff, our server Courtney was just wonderful. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinner for my wifejblack123Dined on 11/13/2014It was wonderful! We were welcomed to our table with a card and roses celebrating my wife's birthday! The meal was tasty and even when they over cooked my wife's steak, they brought out a new meal and gave us a $25 gift certificate to return! We were also given three desserts to celebrate, simply because my wife couldn't decide, and ended our night with a beautiful rose as another birthday gift. What a wonderful birthday and a great experience dining. Seasons 52 does it right! We highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always one of my favorite restaurantsyellowfinchDined on 11/13/2014I can't say enough about this restaurant . I would like to know how they train and incentivize their servers. They are always fun, polite, professional and knowledgeable. Food is great, healthy and on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceCstar31VIPDined on 11/11/2014More waiter didn't even come over for the first 20 minutes, and then after 45 minutes he hadn't even asked our entrees and we didn't have our appetizers so we just walked out.Special Features:
- Night on the Plaza with friendsBruceTexasVIPDined on 11/11/2014Friends came up from Fayetteville. Their first time on the Plaza. We had the quail and the salmon. Both were excellent dishes. Frank was an excellent server. He was both friendly and informative. I highly recommend Seasons 52.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/11/2014Our server was very knowledgeable and personable. He gave us time to chat with our friends and did not press us to order right away. He addressed us by name when we sat down and thanked us for coming in and shook hands with us when we left.Special Features:
- LizinBrooksideDined on 11/10/2014We had a great dining experience. Our waitress was delightful -- very capable, great sense of humor, and knowledgeable about the food and wine. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not outstandingtakamikeyDined on 11/8/2014Great location and good service. Food was hit or miss and there are many better choices nearby
- Vixtr424Dined on 11/8/2014need more robust vegan offerings. One of our party is Vegan and found it difficult to find enough servings to satisfy--though the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Friendly Fun Food ExperienceluvnewspotsDined on 11/8/2014We were first timers at Seasons 52 and really enjoyed our dining experience. The server was friendly and helpful in guiding us through the menu. Service was prompt and the food was great. AND, the wine list was extensive with a broad range of prices to fit any budget. We would definitely return next time we are in the area!Special Features:
- Great Portions!susaninkwellDined on 11/8/2014I don't like dragging around boxes of food that I didn't finish, even if it was a great meal. I would rather finish my meal and be done. Seasons 52 has great portions and it's not big, gloppy food that you spend to much money for.Special Features:
- Major DisappointmentGnarlsDined on 11/7/2014Having dined at Seasons 52 in over a half dozen other cities, I thought I was getting a predictable experience. Wrong. After arriving on time for our reservation, we were offered an alternate (improved) location. As the hostess was setting us up, a host snaked the table, and we were sent to yet another less favorable location. Disorganized and disappointing. The "sushi" was rice paper wrapped rice balls with minuscule amounts of tuna (and no visible avocado), so it was returned. After the initial drink order, the waitress never returned to ask about subsequent libations. Despite the fact that the event was for a milestone birthday (was noted on check in and again while being seated) no other consideration was given to the nonogenerian.
- Wonderful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014I took a chance and brought customers here not knowing anything about Seasons 52 except what I read on your site. Due to finding the restaurant and parking, we were a few minutes late and apologetic. They treated us so well and were so understanding. We were seated right away and from there it was absolutely fantastic. The food was excellent as well as the service. Our customers were impressed as was I. We will definitely add Seasons 52 to our list of "must eat there" list whenever we are in town again. No hesitation in taking more customers there in the future. AND I want to go back! Thank you Seasons 52.Special Features:
- A scrumptious repast.CaryumDined on 11/7/2014We had a wonderful time at Seasons 52, love the menu, great service from Nida and the perfect atmosphere for a relaxed meal with delicious, healthy food!Special Features:
- Great Food & AtmosphereMartyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Season 52 is one of our favorites in the Plaza. The selection of food changes with the season and they select the best entrees. You will never have a bad meal here or a bad experience.Special Features:
- Healthy and DeliciousOpenWaterSwimDined on 11/7/2014Where food and flavor are concerned Seasons 52 pulls out all the stops. My wife and I enjoyed a quiet early happy hour with an affordable menu made with fresh seasonal ingredients. The Shrimp Scampi Skillet was grilled to perfection. The Kona-crusted Lollipop Lamb Chops were tender and delicious. The Lump Crab, Roasted Shrimp & Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms under Parmesan-panko crust is a wonderful combination. Our favorite was the Grilled Chicken Yakitori Skewers. We both commented on how the flavors blended so well, but could be separately distinguished with grilled chicken and grilled red pepper drizzled with sauce and sprinkled with green onion. Our server was wonderful, but the whole staff helps one another, as well. We highly recommend!Special Features:
- A favoriteyellowfinchDined on 11/6/2014My husband and I love this place . We celebrated his 71st the other night and everyone wished him happy birthday , the table was decorated and he got a free dessert . The food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyondPalatable2Dined on 11/5/2014I spent a lot of time planning an anniversary dinner, and chose Seasons 52 for their menu, as it pertained to my girlfriend and I's vegetarian diet. To say that the staff met my demands would be an understatement. The food was scrumptious, the service impeccable, and the experience, overall, was memorable. It has been dubbed "our" restaurant, and we will be returning often. Of note is was our waitress, Stephanie, whom we tipped graciously. If you're ever looking for a lovely, affordable evening out, I highly recommend Seasons 52. Ask for Stephanie!Special Features:
- Couldn't be more pleased!JFHaDined on 11/2/2014Excellent and innovative food; good options for anyone trying to follow a "healthy"diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We went to Seasons 52 for my husband's birthday and it was a success. The stuffed mushrooms and hummus platter were excellent. My husband ordered the squash and was very unhappy with it-no seasoning, not seeded and not peeled. Our server immediately let the manager know and replaced it with another order of mushrooms at no cost to us. I had the grilled lamb and it was excellent. My husband ordered the quail and shortly after the appetizers were delivered, we were informed they were out of quail. Our server bought us dessert as a result. Instead of the quail, my husband ended up with the scallops and was thrilled with the substitution. All in all our experience was more than satisfactory thanks to the customer service and excellent cuisine.Special Features:
- Unusual Preparation W/ Good ResultpltsDined on 11/1/2014Mushroom soup had a rich, game-like flavor and exceeded my expectations. The single slice of warm bread that accompanied it was a great accompanyment. Entree of sea bass was prepared with lemon and thyme inside the fish producing a filet that was moist and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rounding out a destination tripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I was taken to a Seasons 52 in Dallas on a business trip. After a great experience, I was able to find another Seasons 52 that was in the vicinity of another business trip and took my wife for a quiet dinner for 2.Special Features:
- Always Welcoming StaffXpressopartyDined on 11/1/2014Easy to book-up a booth in the bar for a more casual gathering; same great service & food. The guests I have invited are always pleased with the atmosphere, food & service, especially the dessert presentation;( no limit there.)Special Features:
- Great BarMikeVIPDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I alway sit in the bar and enjoy the live music.Special Features:
- WebsterHouseFoodie1Dined on 10/31/2014Excellent Dining! Service and food is outstanding. Highly recommend for healthy eating and seasonal variations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockyRockyDined on 10/29/2014The food was excellent as always. The manager gave special attention to our anniversary we were celebrating. We enjoyed our evening immensely.Special Features:
- Dining for all seasonsdavekcmoVIPDined on 10/29/2014Seasons 52 is exceptional. In addition to great standard menu items, seasonal items are always inspired and delicious. The mini indulgence desserts let you sample memorable tastes without the guilt and over indulging, or indulge in several for an overdose of pleasure!Special Features:
- friends4everDined on 10/28/2014There was a piano singer in the bar and he was too close to the customers. he was more of a distraction than an asset. We had trouble talking over him. Our server was kind of slow to bring our drinks and all the checks were wrong and had to be redone. The manager did come over and she assisted with correcting our bills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2014This was my first visit and the selection was diverse and generally not what one would fix at home. I had duck lettuce wraps and they were very tasty. Will make this a spot for lunch when I take others out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findLuvmesomesteakDined on 10/25/2014Was given a gift card to Seasons a while ago, but since we live in Nebraska was never able to use it. My wife and I decided to spend the weekend in KC spoiling ourselves and remembered to look up the restaurant. What a pleasant surprise. Loved the food (the filet mignon was seasons and cooked to perfection), could hardly decide which wine we wanted to try, and we both agreed that the desserts were the perfect size to enjoy after a full meal. The wait staff were super friendly and knew their stuff, the piano player was good, and making a reservation online could not have been easier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictable - in a good way!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014We are not new to Seasons 52 and in fact, have visited Seasons 52 in other states. The food is solid fare: creatively conceived and presented. The seasonal specials are always great to try. Our service was excellent. Given the World Series game happening, it was a particularly quiet night in the restaurant - we were one of 3 tables. That worked out well, but felt sorry for the wait staff who lost on tips that shift! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ExperienceRickDined on 10/24/2014This was our first trip out since having our son and it was great. The food was unique and very well done. What made a good experience great was our waiter. We would not hesitate to come back.Special Features:
- KHN9KHN9VIPDined on 10/24/2014Great service and atmosphere! Good food from appetizers to full meals; happy hour offers good eating at an affordable price. We enjoy the wine flight selectIons that include your choice of a glass of your favorite after the tasting (or drinking) and your choice from interesting and tasty flat bread pizza selections.Special Features:
- Great lunchKatieW672014VIPDined on 10/23/2014My husband and I had a great lunch at Seasons 52. It started with our waiter Tyler, he was very knowledgeable (we had never eaten here before) and very polite. We had a delicious flatbread to start and then my husband had chili and I had a salad that our waiter recommended and it was fantastic. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SirLunchalotDined on 10/21/2014Excellent food, service and ambience. Great experience. Brought a visitor from New Orlean who greatly enjoyed it.Special Features: