Seasons 52 - Jacksonville
5096 Big Island Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32246Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Seasons 52 - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: (904) 645-5252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - Jacksonville
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you"ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Seasons 52 - Jacksonville - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Seasons 52 - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (147)special occasion (135)good for groups (108)notable wine list (92)romantic (89)great for lunch (66)vibrant bar scene (60)hot spot (44)neighborhood gem (40)late-night find (19)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- My First ImpressionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014As soon as I arrived at Seasons 52 my overall impression i one of a first-rate establishment. The overall ambiance set the tone for the rest of my vist. The decor, the lighting, the friendliness of the employees just added to my experience! I love the fact that they are conscious of the need to prepare excellent entries at a caloric count that is pleasing to the weight conscious patron. This was a luncheon experience for me. A birthday celebration for a friend I had not seen in almost 20 years! They made the whole experience a pleasure! I was so impressed that I will definitely be bringing my husband to enjoy this experience. Definitely up there in my top ten restaurants in Jacksonville, Fl!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent Food and ServiceJazzyJeffJaxDined on 11/23/2014We have frequented this location since it opened. The only complaint on this visit was the brussell sprouts being too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceLisaDined on 11/23/2014We've eaten here previously for dinner- this time visiting first time for lunch. The menu for lunch was pretty limited so we were having a little difficulty deciding what to eat. The menu seemed a little jumbled. I was confident whatever we ordered would be good because the dinner menu is always good. I ordered the crab lump wedge salad. The presentation wasn't the most exciting but it was excellent. The mustard vinaigrette was really good. My husband had the black bean tacos, he said it was good. My niece had the shrimp/pasta dish and she enjoyed hers. The mushroom appetizer was good. Our guests looked happy. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Jacksonville FavHappyvegan78Dined on 11/22/2014Seasons 52 in Jacksonville transcends the fact that it is part of a chain. A welcome departure from the other chain offerings in the Southside, not only are the selections at Seasons significantly healthier than what you would expect to find they are also significantly tastier. Deserving of special mention is their ability to cater to a multitude of dietary restrictions. From gluten and dairy sensitive to vegan and garlic sensitive, they really aim to include everyone. Tonya makes us feel as though we are family every time we come to dine at the restaurant. In terms of the food, we especially enjoy the rainbow trout and the variety of vegetable sides we pick to go with it. Thanks, Seasons, for being the best part of our Saturday nights. It surely is wonderful to be able to out to dinner and leave feeling satisfied but not stuffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place! Service could improve.FoodieLuvDined on 11/21/2014I always have a great experience here. I hardly ever have bad service but this time it was not very good at all. Our water glasses were empty most of the time and our server was hardly at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday memory.patlynn67Dined on 11/20/2014Sumptuous cuisine, extraordinary service by Amy, and idyllic ambiance made Lynn's birthday a most memorable special occasion. Seasons 52 is OUR FAVORITE dining location for times we want a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going the Second MileJaxFoodieDined on 11/17/2014I reserved a "quiet table" for two, so my friend and I could catch up over dinner. We were seated promptly, greeted by name, and the evening of top-notch service was off to a great start. Our server was in training, introduced herself and her serving partner. She took time to explain the menu, responded well to questions, and was friendly and attentive. The food was timely, prepared well, and attractive. We ordered the crab and shrimp stuffed mushrooms, the spinach/walnut/pear salad, and split the turkey skewer with pilaf. The mushrooms were delicious, fresh, juicy, tasty, and contained genuine shrimp and crab. The spinach salad comes with bleu cheese on top, which I hate. My friend had recommended it, but also hates bleu cheese and forgot to ask them to omit it. When the salad arrived, I told her we could just pick it off, but the server noticed what we were doing, and quickly arrived with a brand new salad, without bleu cheese. No questions asked, no drama. Great service. The turkey medallions were tasty, tender, and a good portion. The pilaf was not what I expected; dry, crunchy, sparse and spread out on the plate under the turkey chunks. Seemed odd. For dessert, our sweet server brought out a scrumptious assortment of mini desserts from which to choose. My friend chose one and ate every bite. I asked the server if they had any plain fresh fruit. She wasn't sure and went to ask. She quickly returned and said the chef would be happy to prepare something for me. After a few minutes, the server's partner came to say it would be a few minutes more. When my plate of fresh fruit arrived, it was truly something special. Blackberries, raspberries, apple slices, and fresh blueberries hidden under a bed of pomegranate seeds. It was arranged beautifully and tasted amazing. I was thrilled to have a lovely dinner with my dear friend, eat great food, have wonderful service, and not go off my diet by eating a "bad" dessert. I'll be back, Seasons 52!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & FoodMayinFLDined on 11/15/2014I have been there before & I like the fact that the menu changes based on the Seasons & weekly specials. Meals are portioned appropriately to not over-fill (great for those who tend to overeat because of the taste). Service was great. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still my favoriteLkbharrisDined on 11/14/2014This is the first visit to Seasons 52 where we were not greeted by a waiter within the allotted few minutes which is industry standard. We had to go get someone after writhing for 10 minutes. Once we got a waiter, service was very good. Otherwise an enjoyable evening. We sat in the back of the bar. I was so happy that the piano player was quiet so we could talk and actually hear each other.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/12/2014The mushroom soup on the new fall/winter menu is fabulous and the flatbreads, delicious as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CulleyDined on 11/12/2014fantastic restaurant, lively surroundings, and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent ServiceKincDined on 11/12/2014Dined in a bar booth. Food was delicious and the service was excellent. Recommend the Chef's special quail stuffed with risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for client meeting.NoisyDined on 11/12/2014I took my client there for a business lunch. It was a great location and space was good for discussion. The service was outstanding and food excellent. I will include Season's 52 on my short list for client events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantDateNightDined on 11/11/2014Love the selections and how the change each season. The only negative comment I cold make would be the noise level. It got yo be a bit loud for conversation between my grandmother and myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting betterDininginstyleDined on 11/10/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants which we never seem to treat ourselves to often enough. The rotating seasonal menu, the live entertainment, and amazing atmosphere keep us coming back. While I would consider this a romantic place, the reality of having kids often means they are joining us, and enjoying the place too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerLuxlisaDined on 11/8/2014I took my family to celebrate a birthday and it was special right down to the card they gave her from the restaurant, to the choice of a free champagne toast or dessert to the photo they took & put in a keepsake frame. What an experience to be remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BboyermarshallVIPDined on 11/6/2014Lamb was very nice, but vegetables were undercooked...hard and almost raw. Temperature in restaurant was very cold. Hard to enjoy your meal when you are shivering, even with a sweater and a wrap.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014This is my favorite restaurant in the St. John's Town Center area. I like going with a group of with my husband. Always excellent service, food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Food was weel prepared, serving size appropriate but service was not good, not sure if waiter was having a bad night, too many tables or just in the weeds but in the end service was not up to standards. Water glasses remained unfilled, plates not cleared, wait for check...
- Great Happy HourPVBresidentDined on 10/31/2014The wine flights with flatbread are a fabulous happy hour special. Worth the trip.Special Features:
- Uncooked Vegetables.Leo416VIPDined on 10/31/2014My last dinner at Seasons 52 was fair. The main dish was prepared as outlined on the menu. However, the side vegetable broccoli, was too raw. Asked the server to take it back and cook more and when returned, impossible to chew. Had the same experience with carrots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Always dependable, and always delicious! Service is always impeccable, and the food is yummy. Have yet to have a bad meal here...always bring important prospects and customers here for lunch. Thank you for making me look good and helping me win business deals!Special Features:
- Loved it!BruniVIPDined on 10/30/2014We had lamb chops and quail. These were delicious! Best quail we have had. And the desserts are served in a very original way, delicious too.Special Features:
- Healthy food without losing tasteCarlosADined on 10/29/2014If you are looking for great food without eating 1000 calories, I highly suggest trying Seasons 52. Very good food. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Experience24DinnerVIPDined on 10/28/2014We had a group of business colleagues in town for a meeting and this restaurant has become a must-go on most everyone's agenda. t hey were introducing a Black Stallion Cabernet Sauvignon and I was duly impressed as I had recently returned from Napa and have been enjoying this beverage for the past 6 months. It is good to see that Season's 52 is continuing to improve their offering. Great meal, great time.Special Features:
- Seasons 52 - A great place to go!HardtopleaseinJaxDined on 10/28/2014The atmosphere, the food & the piano guy were great, and our server was fantastic - very knowledgeable about the menu as well as entertaining. His name was George, although he spelled it differently. We would ask to be seated in his serving area again. My husband had the quail, and raved at how delicious it was. I had the branzino, which was also outstanding. The small plates of lamb and scallops were very tasty as well. All were cooked to perfection. We weren't even aware Seasons 52 existed prior to last week, so this was our first time experiencing this restaurant, but we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Happy CoupleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Great place for a romantic dinner. Food was fantastic! Service was great! I would definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuveatingDined on 10/26/2014Another great dinner. We have been several times, always with our children. Though they do not have a printed they have a verbal children's menu. Also they were very accommodating when our boys wanted to see the kitchen area. We enjoyed the seasonal menu- mushroom flat bread was great! Also had the sea scallops which were fabulous. Will return!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationHappinessisDined on 10/26/2014We celebrated my wife's 40th Bday there and it was outstanding. Great service, great food and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnernjax14JaxTonyaDined on 10/26/2014Dinner was outstanding. Service very impressive. However please ask to not be seated near the bar. Patrons at the bar were loud and we just wanted a quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD MEAL SERVICE SO SOBOZEDined on 10/26/2014Sat in booth at bar for early dinner[5PM]. Bartender waited on us in booth. While I was in wash room he served our drinks. I noticed som eof my drink was spilled on the menu. Had to get dry one. food arrived on time except for a side we ordered which the bartender forgot to place. Side came just about when we finished or main course. He did not charge us for it. Otherwise food was fine. when it was time to get the check I could not get the bartenders attention form our booth because he was busy fixing many drinks. Did not look our way for 5 minutes. Finally a waiter showed up and gave us our bill. Suggest you not sit in bar booth for dinner unless a waiter is present; don't count on the bartender. he makes his tips from drinks I guess.
- Not worth itLike2chillDined on 10/25/2014It was our first and last time visiting this place. We were seated in a section that was for large families and our table was so close to the next couple, that they may as well been sitting with us. We politely asked to be moved to a different section. The prices for the amount of food you get is definitely not worth it. The waiters talk entirely too fast and do not thoroughly explain what they are saying and the noise level in the place make it even worse. The drinks and appetizers are extremely overpriced. We asked for a margarita and was brought a regular drink. They did not say beforehand that they did not have any frozen drinks.Never going there again.Special Features:
- What is with the wait?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014We arrived for our dinner reservation 5 minutes early. A very arrogant hostess told us that we would have to wait. Really?? 5 minutes early, tables are empty and they would not seat us. So, we went into the bar for a cocktail. It took the bartender 5 minutes to acknowledge we were there. About that time our table was really. We were given a booth, as requested. The only problem was that it was a booth with the hostess station right next to the booth. So, my party had to listen to the 2 seating staffers discuss how to seat people. Season 52 has great food, but the front is awful. I just don't need that attitude in the price range. I have been a very good customer for many years but I am tired of 20 something's with attitude.
- Must have been an off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/24/2014Won't go into the details as I typically have a good experience at Seasons 52, but between the rotation of servers, (missed) timing of food delivery, items unavailable and one entree that was disappointing, we had an unusually uneven dining experience.Special Features:
- Entertaining DinnerNanseeVIPDined on 10/20/2014Seated in a comfortable booth in the bar area, enjoying the melodies of musician pianist singer Marty Goff, dinner was absolutely delightful. The Trout was predictably perfect, Grey Goose Martini perfect, Planked Salmon perfect, Autum roasted root vegetables a nice touch, ordered 4 desserts and blueberries and lemon curd my favorite, others preferred key lime pie, all wonderful. We finished the night enjoying the song from Jekyll & Hyde, This is the Moment sung magnificently. Great ending to a perfect night out.Special Features:
- Simply The BestJoeyandJosieDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I both spent several years in the restaurant business and our experience was downright fantastic.Thomas was by far the most professional server we've ever had.Great food and extraordinary service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuannDined on 10/18/2014Our 1st time at Season''s 52 and it was awesome!! Our server Thomas was attentive and made sure we had what we needed!! Loved it and will be back!!Special Features:
- Healthy can be GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014I love this place. The menu changes with the seasons and is always fresh. The lobster tail appetizer is amazing.Special Features:
- Birthday night with the wifejimbo32222Dined on 10/17/2014It was a great evening of time to spend to spend a birthday evening with my wife. The scene, food, atmosphere and the time spent with my wife was well worth itSpecial Features:
- waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014One of the best waiters/waitresses we have had. This was on of the best experiences we have had at this restaurant. We have been there many times.Special Features: