Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
220 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 6175581152x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Seasons 52 features live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
361 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (147)fit for foodies (141)neighborhood gem (128)special occasion (114)great for lunch (110)vibrant bar scene (81)notable wine list (69)hot spot (43)romantic (41)great for brunch (27)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (23)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- great atmosphere and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014II took my wife to this restaurant to celebrate her 50th birthday. The food was excellent and the service is great and the place is just beautiful. Would highly recommend to anybody for any occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and deliciousLovetapasVIPDined on 9/16/2014This is a great place to meet with friends, family or business. Something for everyone, attention to detail, specific requests honored...and everything well-made and attractive. Staff is well-trained and polite. Best of all, prices are fair and portions are appropriate.
- A Wonderful SurpriseCarolVIPDined on 9/15/2014This restaurant was really worth going to. It is really lovely inside. I had read some bad reviews about it, but my husband and I had a great experience. The food was very good, our waitress was so nice and helpful. We definitely will be going back.Special Features:
- Seasons 52, generally okcageyleftyVIPDined on 9/15/2014Was more impressed by Seasons 52 after it opened, but still some redeeming qualities. Chicken dish was fine, but sides lagged a bit and my partner found the filet a little wanting. Hopefully, this is just a change of seasons transition and they'll be back in the top tier soon!Special Features:
- Seasons 52 gets 100newtongirlDined on 9/14/2014So enjoy going to Seasons 52 - food is great - portions are correct! Service is great - I just love coming hereSpecial Features:
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We came at 8:30 on a Saturday night and the kitchen seemed to be in chaos. We ordered several small plates and one never came. The others came 20 minutes between each other. In general, the food was OK but service not so much.Special Features:
- Not impressed with the serviceCLRogDined on 9/13/2014I've been to the Chestnut Hill Seasons once before and the service was spotty but I assumed that was because we were with a group of 10. However, I went this weekend with 3 other people and was very disappointed with the service. Food was great but wasn't impressed with the service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great place to eat will be happy to return in the near future.Special Features:
- Mixed Bag555NWDined on 9/13/2014We had six people in our party. Four people enjoyed their entrees, particularly the fish (branzino) special. Two people did not, namely the lamb, which was tough and dry even though medium rare, and the scallops with the butternut risotto, as the scallops were undercooked and the risotto was salty. The ambiance and drinks were good. The service was very good, and the server was knowledgeable about the menu. All in all, it was a mixed bag.
- Lunch and dinnerGFJBDined on 9/9/2014The food and the service are excellent. It is close by to lots of my friends. At lunch, besides the good food and service, it is quiet enough to have a conversation. In the evening, for dinner, ask for a dinner away from the bar and the music, if you want to have a conversation. We will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpTabVIPVIPDined on 9/8/2014We enjoyed our first experience with the new Fall menu. Our server Megan was very pleasant and it was very enjoyable chatting with her.I would recommend this to a friend.
- cfwaltDined on 9/6/2014Very good food and service but the restaurant is extremely noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014It was our first time at the restaurant and it turned out to be a really good night. Good wine, great food and interesting choices.Special Features:
- Great find!SSP2014Dined on 9/5/2014Recently had a birthday party dinner for my husband and family and friends, party of 10 including 2 kids. The staff were very accommodating and we sat in a beautiful semi-private space. The menu had a wide array of seasonal offerings and there was also a separate vegetarian menu which was unique and a nice surprise. The service was prompt and friendly. The ambiance was warm and inviting. The bar scene was bustling with a live performance by a wonderful singer/musician playing the piano. The music was playing overhead in all the dining spaces which was especially nice. And the car valet service was complimentary! No need to go to Boston. Overall, the dinner, scene, and service were great and memorable. We look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- alexDined on 9/5/2014Our experience was awesome.... The location is great and the layout is wonderful... The food and service was top notch!!!!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2014Waiter took a while to take our order. Felt we were forgotten. Scallops were raw and had to be sent back to cook more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice mealmuskokagirlVIPDined on 9/5/2014I took a friend here for lunch. I've been at the Seasons 52 in Naples Fl several times, and it's one of my favorite restaurants. Seasons 52 Chestnut Hill was great! We had lovely salads and our server was very nice and prompt. I would definitely go back here again!Special Features:
- Dependable,RozzieDined on 9/4/2014Having dined here several times, the food is always delicous and nicely presented, the staff is wonderful and the ambiance just perfect - and in the neighborhood with free, easy parking!Special Features:
- Almost thereHofGDined on 9/3/2014While the server was very attentive and displayed great manners, the kitchen did not deliver in sync with one order not coming out at all... On the second trial all was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shadowVIPDined on 9/3/2014Food was particularly disappointing. Three of us had cedar planked salmon with vegetables. The salmon was tasteless. We has to ask for some sauce which was supposed to come with the dinner and the vegetables were also tasteless--had no seasoning of any kind on them and the cararots were practically raw. I had been for lunch a couple of times and it was good but we will not be returning anytime soon.
- ExcellentTomFDined on 9/3/2014Dinner was excellent. The menu was fresh. The portions were perfectly sized leaving room for dessert which included many small options. One in the group is vegetarian and the menu worked for everyone.Special Features:
- Try the seasonsFoodieDined on 9/1/2014Wonderful food, nice ambiance, good selection of drinks...the service was wanting but overall a restaurant worth a visitSpecial Features:
- did not meet expectationsEatOutALotDined on 9/1/2014Service: excruciatingly slow. Steak undercooked, had to send it back twice, it didnt come until all 5 other diners had completed their meal. Our actual waiter was so inattentive he had no idea this was happening. The food is OK, but this sort of thing spoils the evening. We will not be going back. They did take the item off the bill but it's not about the money.
- New ServerBirthdayDined on 8/31/2014Had a great dinner there, no thanks to our very sweet, but overwhelmed server. He was a nice boy but when it comes to conflict resolution, he dodged us the entire dinner because he messed up. We told him it was ok, but he might have been embarrassed and because of that our dinners came and he never came back. Luckily, we didn't need anything and our food was outstanding, but a little training on conflict management would have improved the experience.Special Features:
- Don't miss this place!FoodieBakerDined on 8/31/2014Great, fresh food, beautifully presented. The chef even came out to ask us how we liked our meal. The service was fantastic and the atmosphere was romantic but could also be fun in the bar area!Special Features:
- Good food- worth the trip!DebrisVIPDined on 8/29/2014Seasons 52 was lovely. Very good food. We tried the special multi-course dinner for restaurant week.Super flatbread! Yummy scallops. The desserts were a treat- love the mocha! Our server couldn't have been better. I think her name was Swanna- please forgive my spelling as I'm guessing- She was welcoming and knowledgable about all the dishes and we loved her suggestions! She was the best server I have had in long time- anywhere. We will return and bring friends. One suggestion: the singer/pianist was good but over amplified. When music is too loud it changes into noise .Special Features:
- great restaurant, new locationStephVIPDined on 8/29/2014Having enjoyed Seasons 52 many times in multiple locations it was nice to have the restaurant come to out locale. Wine list is great opportunity to try a large variety of great wines (on several visits). Food is really great and the portions are special so you enjoy the flavors without high calories. Great for lunch or dinner. Seasonal menu invite you to visit in all seasons to see what is fresh and new. Glad to have such a great restaurant close to Boston without having to go downtown.Special Features:
- GREAT DEALKITTY923Dined on 8/27/2014We were attracted by the 5 course Restaurant Week deal, it more than lived up to our expectations. I had enough for a second meal which I thoroughly enjoyed. Service was all we could ask for, plates cleared fast, refills given without being ask for. Friendly wait staff. Delicious food, unique offerings.Special Features:
- Great experienceHaja87Dined on 8/27/2014I booked my reservation in advance for my boyfriends birthday and let them know what the occasion was. They took great care of us, presented him with a kind card and wished him a happy birthday. Our waitress was great and treated us wonderfully. I was very happy with the whole night and my boyfriend was beyond pleased.Special Features:
- DodiVIPDined on 8/27/2014Very mediocre especially the service. I ordered a drink. The waiter didn't listen and brought the wrong thing. One ordered soup, I ordered a flat bread and the third ordered a salad. We had to wait at least 5 minutes before the salad was brought to the table. For the main meal one had the steak flat bread. He liked it but I thought it had little eye appeal. It looked really dry. I had the scallops with spinach. They brought it to me with the risotto which i didn't want and by the time the spinach came I was almost done with my meal. The scallops were delicious. The third person had the swordfish special. The waitress thought it was the pork and at first didn't leave it at the table. The waitress gave us free desserts.Special Features:
- EnjoyediamdojemiDined on 8/27/2014Celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary with our family. Real plus when we were told it was Restaurant Week. We all ordered from that menu and enjoyed every morsel. I made our reservation thru Open Table with a special request to have a server who we had before. I called and was told Angela would be serving us again......happy to hear you really pay attention to special requests.Special Features:
- great restaurant week menuBarbaraDined on 8/26/2014Our party was very impressed with all the choices and the preparation of the food for restaurant week. The flat breads are delicious. The corn soup and the bean chili was enjoyed by all. The Filet Mignon was cooked to every one's taste. One of the diners had the scallops. Our waitress was attentive and her service was just right. I would definitely go back and try to scallops.Special Features:
- RJJFVIPDined on 8/26/2014We enjoyed a great meal and the service was excellent. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itZackDined on 8/26/2014One of the best meals I have had in years, would go there again in a heart beat and so would my other 4 guests.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Service waitress was polite but it took a very long time to get food. She didn't keep track ofour food.Special Features:
- First Time at Seasons 52PinehillsDinerDined on 8/24/2014Our family celebrated my wife's birthday at Seasons 52. This w our first time at this restaurant and were impressed by the service and the quality of the food. Te fact that we (party of 7) were seated at a large round table allowed for great conversation and a wonderful early afternoon cellabration. This type of seating is rare in our experience.Special Features:
- First Time, Not The Last TimeSuncactusDined on 8/23/2014The whole tone of the restaurant is welcoming from the valets outside, to the front desk. We celebrated an anniversary with friends and they were duly impressed and delighted with the meal and the evening. Our server, Nick was incredible...Knowledgeable, available, helpful, and totally responsive to our needs. When he brought over a handwritten congratulatory note card from the restaurant to them, it was over the top. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. The candle at the top of the tiered dessert caddy was a well-appreciated touch. The manager who stopped by made it seem special and not a cursory job detail. She seemed sincerely interested in our opinions and ready to fix any issue. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Lowered Rating; Disappointing VisitArneewinVIPDined on 8/23/2014This last dining experience was not up to par for Seasons 52. Friendly service, but not always timely. One dinner came out later than the rest. One dinner was not as good as usual. In all cases, the management was responsive and the waiter apologetic; it was just not the dining experience we expected.I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly goodribbyVIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is part of a chain, and I expected it to be a run of the mill restaurant with good enough food. To my surprise, it the food was excellent. My husband had a tenderloin steak which was extraordinarily flavorful for tenderloin, the salmon was outstanding and the crab/wedge was delicious. They do not over-sauce and don't use too many ingredients that might hide the natural flavor of the food. They have respect for vegetables and provide a good helping of several seasonal vegetables with each dish, unless some of the better restaurants that focus only on the meat or fish. The mini-desserts were "just enough" after our excellent meal, and they were delightfully good. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for Restaurant WeektrdubordDined on 8/22/2014Seasons 52 was a restaurant I chose to try during restaurant week. It was a great value for $33 for five courses. All of the food was really fresh. The only issue was our entrees took a long time to come, between courses. However the food was delicious, and had a great menu for those who are health conscious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.