Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
220 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 6175581152x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Seasons 52 features live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
351 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (149)fit for foodies (144)neighborhood gem (127)special occasion (104)great for lunch (97)vibrant bar scene (75)notable wine list (74)hot spot (46)romantic (44)kid-friendly (26)great for brunch (25)late-night find (21)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wonderful EveningHappyTummyDined on 10/19/2014I know this title doesn't mean much for a food site, but it really was the entirety of the evening that was spectacular. The service was friendly and attentive without being over the top. We took several of the server's suggestions and were not disappointed! The food was delicious, and it's great knowing that you aren't getting a lot of empty calories. (Seasons 52's niche is that every dish is 475 calories or less. We were joking that it better not mean that the servings were teaspoon-sized. They were full servings of everything - just without all the extra calories.) We could hear music from the piano bar, but it managed to provide great ambiance while still allowing us to talk at a conversational volume. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotBM64Dined on 10/19/2014The food, ambiance and service were all excellent. Only downside was the noise level. For diners over the age of 50 (and those with sensitive ears under 50) it's hard to hear a quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Service Not SoHerbDined on 10/19/2014The food was excellent, but the wait staff needs some additional trainingSpecial Features:
- Good Food and Wine, Service So-SoMattVIPDined on 10/19/2014Had a great experience at another Seasons 52 and was looking forward to trying this location. Our server was very inattentive, but fortunately other staff members were kind enough to run food over and take our drink/desert orders. On the plus side the food was excellent. The scallops were well seasoned, seared, and cooked as was the pork tenderloin. We'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific -ReneVIPDined on 10/19/2014I met my sister there unexpectedly and it was wonderful. We had a great lunch, excellent service and the atmosphere was warm friendly and I felt that I was in a dining room setting. My sister said she had a great day going to Seasons 52. i had been to two events in your private dining rooms and the food and service was excellent. Looking forward to dining with you again, soon....Special Features:
- DisappointedFoliageDined on 10/17/2014We arrived 10 minutes early and were told they were running a bit behind. We stood in the small waiting area next to the hostess. Quite a bit of time passed and someone that came in after us was being seated. We went to the hostess that said she had texted me twice. Well my phone was in my pocketbook. We were standing right by the hostess. I was with family and friends I wasn't focused on my phone. If this was what she was going to do she should have let us know when we checked in. There were not that many people in and out. A good hostess would have know to check with us after texting! For the most part the meals were good. My scallops were dry and had an odd flavor to them. In only ate one.
- Great Food & servicetarynVIPDined on 10/17/2014Loved the menu- especially how it is seasonal- will be new stuff every season- not same old, same old. The only thing missing is a bread service or something to munch on before the entrees arrive. even breadsticks would be great. I appreciate the whole everything is under 475 calories & fresh & grilled. Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- A good meal, but...RichDined on 10/17/2014Four of us had a good dinner. We had an appointment in Boston and told our server. Both he and the kitchen were accommodating. Our only gripe had to do with bread; when one of us asked for bread with our main course, he (alone) was given 3 rather small pieces of bread. It seems that the restaurant/server could have been more generous.Special Features:
- Disappointingly blandDebbieWhVIPDined on 10/16/2014This wasn't our first time eating here, but it was our least favorite. We had enjoyed our previous meals, and we're excited to bring our daughter to try it. Great concept and love to eat healthy. But this time we came away siaappounted. Everything (flatbread pizza, salad, scallops) was ok, but just not that well seasoned. I may try it one more time, as it could have been one chef. The one thing we really liked was the peanut butter dessert!
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014Our primary wait staff, was not attentive at all. Other tables with other service staff appeared to be receiving superior service. Some of my wife's dishes were cold instead of hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseeat2liveDined on 10/13/2014We specifically tried Seasons 52 for their vegan/vegetarian menu. Generally speaking, restaurants can accommodate dietary needs by modifying their regular menu, but here, we were given a separate vegan/vegetarian menu, which was a pleasant surprise. The food was fresh, prepared exactly as described on the menu, and presentation was creative. The soft tacos were tasty and filling. The vegan cedar plank roasted tofu was excellent, full of flavor! The flatbread was crispy, topped with fresh veggies. Their main menu was not overwhelming, and everyone in a party can be accommodated. We had a 1:00 lunch reservation, arrived on time, seated on time, but took 8-10 minutes for the server to approach. Yet he was very polite & informative.Special Features:
- Food was brought out burned, but...lenchikDined on 10/11/2014Ordered salmon well done. It was brought out to me burned. Not charred, but burned. Tasted like ashes. They apologized and sent me another piece. Chef came out and apologized. Just didnt understand how they put a piece of obviously burned food on a plate. They did take it off my bill completely, so that was nice. Service was good, but slow. It was a Saturday night though.Special Features:
- Amazing Service!IheartfoodDined on 10/11/2014I recently dined here on a Saturday night to celebrate my parents' 25th wedding anniversary. Not expecting much I noted on my open table reservation that I wanted the best table that would seat 7 guests. I got so much more! Not only was the food amazing and all under 475 calories, but our waiter and the partnering manager were very accommodating and friendly. From their recommendations to the excellent service they provided, my parents felt like royalty in our celebration. The menu offers the right amount of food options and is not overwhelming. They provide wine recommendations with every food choice upon request. We left with a digital picture of our family in a frame and wine glasses to remember the night by! We loved Seasons 52!Special Features:
- Good service makes a difference!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014A fun place with nice food and good drinks. The piano player was good as long he played but not very good when he sang. He needs to stick to playing. Our server Nick was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great OptionEricDined on 10/11/2014It is great to have a restaurant serves good food and has an upmarket feel without the over the top price tag that is the norm for this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLuv2dineDined on 10/11/2014The food was fabulous. I love that everything is less than 475 calories. And the food presentation is gorgeous. The desserts are not only beautiful and delicious but the idea that each dessert is served in a tiny glass fits our lifestyle. Tiny tastes of delicious sweets!!! Our waitress was charming, attentive, and fun. I absolutely will return to this restaurant and will bring friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better filet Mignon at the CGKenDavisDined on 10/9/2014Fabulous Recommend highly! Look out Capitol Grille! We went because it is fairly new to our area. So glad we went,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- biz dinnerGordyVIPDined on 10/7/2014Excellent experience as was the 1st visit 4 mos after they opened! Very well run chain which stretchs across the US. My 1st experience was in Carmel Valley North San Diego, CA... Was surprised to see them her in Cjestnut Hill but they brought expert comanagement, chefs, menu and the ambiance, sort of an North West decore is very pleasant for a couple, special occassion, or business. Food was excellent for the three of us!Special Features:
- Excelllent !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Lydia was our waitress and she was very sweet and accommodating. I brought a friend here for her first and my second time and we'll be back !Special Features:
- Fabulous Family CelebrationBoston101Dined on 10/5/2014We had party of 11 gathering for birthday celebration. When I booked the reservation on Open Table I asked for a quiet table and piece of cake at end for our sister's birthday. We got a private room with large round table where everyone could see each other and talk easily. Food was amazing...all entrees under 450 calories and enough choices for all to find great meals. Wine and cocktail selections very good. For dessert the server brought array of mini desserts for all to select. The birthday girl got a free one. Prices very reasonable and servers very professional. We all agreed we would return often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Lunch choicezimbabweDined on 10/5/2014This restaurant is spacious, and the food is very good. There are many excellent choices on the menu to please anyone's taste. The service is fantastic and the ambience is very pleasant. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a very good lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service is not that goodchiping28Dined on 10/4/2014our server did not inform us of the daily special and other optional side dishes. My friend had lamb and we had to ask for a cutting knife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow! Slow!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/2/2014Waitress was terrific and food was very good for the price. BUT, our meal took an hour to get to us. Is the kitchen they have too small for the crowd? I hope the restaurant succeeds but it will be in trouble if the deliver of meals is o slow.Special Features:
- Great support for food allergiesmeanypickyVIPDined on 10/2/2014They regularly make available separate menus for dairy-free and gluten-free choices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointingbOSTONdVIPDined on 10/1/2014We have been here several times but of our party of 6 only 2 liked their meals. one sent back the lamb and all 3 who got the 'special' swordfish were disappointed. However I had lunch here a few weeks ago and completely enjoyed the fish tacos! so maybe just an off night.
- First time thereAvb8241199qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqDined on 9/30/2014I loved the ambiance. The food was pretty good but we only had appetizers. Flatbreads were good and desserts were really great! The perfect size. The server was extremely pleasant but not old enough to describe the wines so she had to go ask some one every time we had a question. I would definitely recommend this and will be back for a full dinner. I loved the free valet service !Special Features:
- Lunch for 4TheBurlingtonGroupDined on 9/30/2014Had a very relaxed time with an excellent and reasonable cost lunch. It is a wonderful venue to meet friends and relax (particularly at lunch/brunch time).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpTabVIPVIPDined on 9/29/2014We had a great dinner with Kylie serving us, taking care of all our special wishes from the chef. The musicians play list is always the same, would be nice to hear a new song for once... otherwise S52 is awesome, always :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MrsWalkerDined on 9/29/2014It is a great place to dine any time of the day. The food and service is consistently great!Special Features:
- Great Food but SLOW Service!neilt5Dined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed great food but very SLOW service. It took 1 hour 8 minutes from ordering for our main course to arrive! Dessert was delicious.Special Features:
- Great Food Bad ServicegfreedinerDined on 9/27/2014The food was great. We had a server who was finishing up training and as soon as her head waiter left the table to her, she was rude, interupted conversation, threw menus on the table, and slammed the dessert tray on th table and went through them as a laundry list put her hands on her hips and said what will it be.. I have a gluten allergy and needed to see a menu again, so I asked for one, and she said WHY I already told you waht they were.. We ended up cutting dinner short because she was so rude and we wanted to get out of there.Special Features:
- Love Season's 52!CorndogDined on 9/27/2014Everything was wonderful as always. Honestly, this is me being picky but I love Red Velvet and thought yours was OK. I always love your tiny desserts as it is enough to top off. Wish I would have picked something different, but there is next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- geemeeDined on 9/27/2014I have been there twice and each time had the rack of lamb. Outstanding. My husband had the trout and loved it!Special Features:
- Menu SelectionBirthdayDiner51Dined on 9/25/2014I would like to see more of a steak selection (e.g., boneless ribeye, sirloin steak, etc.). The menu only offered filet mignon. It was very good but would of like to have other choices, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedjerryDined on 9/23/2014Fresh, high flavor, inspired presentation....what I thought while dining here. my check was a pleasant surprise in that it was less than expected.Special Features:
- Was it because it was Monday night?BarbVIPDined on 9/22/2014Music in the middle of the restaurant was too loud for conversation so we sat in the back. Waiter seemed new. Hovered and/or was AWOL. Waited 35 mins for:entree salad, salmon, 2 flatbreads and scallops. Asked passing waiter for bread-we got 5 strips of thin, tasteless pita, one for each person. Asked another passing waiter for bread, he said what they had was was soup bread, whatever that is. I got a small plate of it with a squiggle of butter, nobody else was asked. Finally meals came. Flatbreads were room temp, other food ok. Waiter delivered a too long speech with our bill, saying hoping we'd be back, ask for him especially, and how much he enjoyed us and blah blah. Ugh.What a disappointing night. I'd think twice about going back.
- Great healthy food in a great spotfancythis72VIPDined on 9/20/2014This is a large restaurant with great decor. The food uses the freshest local ingredients for under 475 calories. The lobster cheese flatbread was outstanding! My lamb chops were very good. Our waitress was very nice but it is so noisy that she had to yell to tell us the specials. There were just 2 of us. I think you would not notice the noise level if you were with a group. There is music and a loud atmosphere so that detracts a bit from the food itself which is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was good but the pace of the meal was too fast. Our entrees arrived before we finished our appetizers. Also, I had to ASK for an ice bucket for our almost $50 bottle of white wine. They were able to accommodate a round table request for our party of 7. Bar area was busy and the live music was decent. Overall, I wasn't blown away so I'm not running back anytime soon.Special Features:
- ExcellentFinediningDined on 9/20/2014We were celebrating my sister and brother-in-laws' 60th anniversary. We wanted to take them somewhere special and this turned out to be perfect. We've been to the one in Boca,but they have never been and were very impressed. The service,food and ambience couldn't have been more delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well runDinerDined on 9/20/2014Asked for a quiet table and they gave us one in one of their rooms. Waitress was very accommodating. Excellent choices of dinners all with good presentation. Wines were good...the martini not as good.Special Features: