Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
220 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 6175581152x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Seasons 52 features live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
355 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (143)fit for foodies (139)neighborhood gem (127)special occasion (107)great for lunch (101)vibrant bar scene (76)notable wine list (68)romantic (42)hot spot (41)kid-friendly (24)great for brunch (23)late-night find (20)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpTabVIPVIPDined on 9/29/2014We had a great dinner with Kylie serving us, taking care of all our special wishes from the chef. The musicians play list is always the same, would be nice to hear a new song for once... otherwise S52 is awesome, always :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but SLOW Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed great food but very SLOW service. It took 1 hour 8 minutes from ordering for our main course to arrive! Dessert was delicious.Special Features:
- Great Food Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014The food was great. We had a server who was finishing up training and as soon as her head waiter left the table to her, she was rude, interupted conversation, threw menus on the table, and slammed the dessert tray on th table and went through them as a laundry list put her hands on her hips and said what will it be.. I have a gluten allergy and needed to see a menu again, so I asked for one, and she said WHY I already told you waht they were.. We ended up cutting dinner short because she was so rude and we wanted to get out of there.Special Features:
- Love Season's 52!CorndogDined on 9/27/2014Everything was wonderful as always. Honestly, this is me being picky but I love Red Velvet and thought yours was OK. I always love your tiny desserts as it is enough to top off. Wish I would have picked something different, but there is next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014I have been there twice and each time had the rack of lamb. Outstanding. My husband had the trout and loved it!Special Features:
- Menu SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014I would like to see more of a steak selection (e.g., boneless ribeye, sirloin steak, etc.). The menu only offered filet mignon. It was very good but would of like to have other choices, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedjerryDined on 9/23/2014Fresh, high flavor, inspired presentation....what I thought while dining here. my check was a pleasant surprise in that it was less than expected.Special Features:
- Was it because it was Monday night?BarbVIPDined on 9/22/2014Music in the middle of the restaurant was too loud for conversation so we sat in the back. Waiter seemed new. Hovered and/or was AWOL. Waited 35 mins for:entree salad, salmon, 2 flatbreads and scallops. Asked passing waiter for bread-we got 5 strips of thin, tasteless pita, one for each person. Asked another passing waiter for bread, he said what they had was was soup bread, whatever that is. I got a small plate of it with a squiggle of butter, nobody else was asked. Finally meals came. Flatbreads were room temp, other food ok. Waiter delivered a too long speech with our bill, saying hoping we'd be back, ask for him especially, and how much he enjoyed us and blah blah. Ugh.What a disappointing night. I'd think twice about going back.
- Great healthy food in a great spotfancythis72VIPDined on 9/20/2014This is a large restaurant with great decor. The food uses the freshest local ingredients for under 475 calories. The lobster cheese flatbread was outstanding! My lamb chops were very good. Our waitress was very nice but it is so noisy that she had to yell to tell us the specials. There were just 2 of us. I think you would not notice the noise level if you were with a group. There is music and a loud atmosphere so that detracts a bit from the food itself which is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was good but the pace of the meal was too fast. Our entrees arrived before we finished our appetizers. Also, I had to ASK for an ice bucket for our almost $50 bottle of white wine. They were able to accommodate a round table request for our party of 7. Bar area was busy and the live music was decent. Overall, I wasn't blown away so I'm not running back anytime soon.Special Features:
- ExcellentFinediningDined on 9/20/2014We were celebrating my sister and brother-in-laws' 60th anniversary. We wanted to take them somewhere special and this turned out to be perfect. We've been to the one in Boca,but they have never been and were very impressed. The service,food and ambience couldn't have been more delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well runDinerDined on 9/20/2014Asked for a quiet table and they gave us one in one of their rooms. Waitress was very accommodating. Excellent choices of dinners all with good presentation. Wines were good...the martini not as good.Special Features:
- PriceChopperVIPDined on 9/20/2014Packed house on a Saturday night, but Michelle served us perfectly!
- Could've been great...RAM25Dined on 9/20/2014This was our second visit - in July, the service, food, and ambience were all top notch. This time, the hostess was on the phone when we arrived, and didn't even make eye contact or nod to us for over three minutes. When a second hostess arrived, neither one was able to receive us until the first got off the phone. The entrees were excellent, but brussels sprouts that were ordered as a substitute for broccolini were inedibly hard. The waiter seemed to have heard the complaint before, explaining that they had to be rushed as a substitute. Cappucino and desserts were excellent. Just a couple of minor misses kept it from getting our top ratings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mm24Dined on 9/19/2014Wonderful menu, excellent martini's, nice ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy can be deliciousbrunchfindVIPDined on 9/17/2014Love this restaurant. Very healthy food, very tasty and just the right portions. Good variety, and you leave feeling very satisfied and not stuffed. Excellent service. They seem to have worked out the kinks since the opening.Special Features:
- great atmosphere and foodJPZ61Dined on 9/16/2014II took my wife to this restaurant to celebrate her 50th birthday. The food was excellent and the service is great and the place is just beautiful. Would highly recommend to anybody for any occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and deliciousLovetapasVIPDined on 9/16/2014This is a great place to meet with friends, family or business. Something for everyone, attention to detail, specific requests honored...and everything well-made and attractive. Staff is well-trained and polite. Best of all, prices are fair and portions are appropriate.
- A Wonderful SurpriseCarolVIPDined on 9/15/2014This restaurant was really worth going to. It is really lovely inside. I had read some bad reviews about it, but my husband and I had a great experience. The food was very good, our waitress was so nice and helpful. We definitely will be going back.Special Features:
- Seasons 52, generally okcageyleftyVIPDined on 9/15/2014Was more impressed by Seasons 52 after it opened, but still some redeeming qualities. Chicken dish was fine, but sides lagged a bit and my partner found the filet a little wanting. Hopefully, this is just a change of seasons transition and they'll be back in the top tier soon!Special Features:
- Seasons 52 gets 100newtongirlDined on 9/14/2014So enjoy going to Seasons 52 - food is great - portions are correct! Service is great - I just love coming hereSpecial Features:
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We came at 8:30 on a Saturday night and the kitchen seemed to be in chaos. We ordered several small plates and one never came. The others came 20 minutes between each other. In general, the food was OK but service not so much.Special Features:
- Not impressed with the serviceCLRogDined on 9/13/2014I've been to the Chestnut Hill Seasons once before and the service was spotty but I assumed that was because we were with a group of 10. However, I went this weekend with 3 other people and was very disappointed with the service. Food was great but wasn't impressed with the service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great place to eat will be happy to return in the near future.Special Features:
- Mixed Bag555NWDined on 9/13/2014We had six people in our party. Four people enjoyed their entrees, particularly the fish (branzino) special. Two people did not, namely the lamb, which was tough and dry even though medium rare, and the scallops with the butternut risotto, as the scallops were undercooked and the risotto was salty. The ambiance and drinks were good. The service was very good, and the server was knowledgeable about the menu. All in all, it was a mixed bag.
- Lunch and dinnerGFJBDined on 9/9/2014The food and the service are excellent. It is close by to lots of my friends. At lunch, besides the good food and service, it is quiet enough to have a conversation. In the evening, for dinner, ask for a dinner away from the bar and the music, if you want to have a conversation. We will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpTabVIPVIPDined on 9/8/2014We enjoyed our first experience with the new Fall menu. Our server Megan was very pleasant and it was very enjoyable chatting with her.I would recommend this to a friend.
- cfwaltDined on 9/6/2014Very good food and service but the restaurant is extremely noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014It was our first time at the restaurant and it turned out to be a really good night. Good wine, great food and interesting choices.Special Features:
- Great find!SSP2014Dined on 9/5/2014Recently had a birthday party dinner for my husband and family and friends, party of 10 including 2 kids. The staff were very accommodating and we sat in a beautiful semi-private space. The menu had a wide array of seasonal offerings and there was also a separate vegetarian menu which was unique and a nice surprise. The service was prompt and friendly. The ambiance was warm and inviting. The bar scene was bustling with a live performance by a wonderful singer/musician playing the piano. The music was playing overhead in all the dining spaces which was especially nice. And the car valet service was complimentary! No need to go to Boston. Overall, the dinner, scene, and service were great and memorable. We look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- alexDined on 9/5/2014Our experience was awesome.... The location is great and the layout is wonderful... The food and service was top notch!!!!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2014Waiter took a while to take our order. Felt we were forgotten. Scallops were raw and had to be sent back to cook more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice mealmuskokagirlVIPDined on 9/5/2014I took a friend here for lunch. I've been at the Seasons 52 in Naples Fl several times, and it's one of my favorite restaurants. Seasons 52 Chestnut Hill was great! We had lovely salads and our server was very nice and prompt. I would definitely go back here again!Special Features:
- Dependable,RozzieDined on 9/4/2014Having dined here several times, the food is always delicous and nicely presented, the staff is wonderful and the ambiance just perfect - and in the neighborhood with free, easy parking!Special Features:
- Almost thereHofGDined on 9/3/2014While the server was very attentive and displayed great manners, the kitchen did not deliver in sync with one order not coming out at all... On the second trial all was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shadowVIPDined on 9/3/2014Food was particularly disappointing. Three of us had cedar planked salmon with vegetables. The salmon was tasteless. We has to ask for some sauce which was supposed to come with the dinner and the vegetables were also tasteless--had no seasoning of any kind on them and the cararots were practically raw. I had been for lunch a couple of times and it was good but we will not be returning anytime soon.
- ExcellentTomFDined on 9/3/2014Dinner was excellent. The menu was fresh. The portions were perfectly sized leaving room for dessert which included many small options. One in the group is vegetarian and the menu worked for everyone.Special Features:
- Try the seasonsFoodieDined on 9/1/2014Wonderful food, nice ambiance, good selection of drinks...the service was wanting but overall a restaurant worth a visitSpecial Features:
- did not meet expectationsEatOutALotDined on 9/1/2014Service: excruciatingly slow. Steak undercooked, had to send it back twice, it didnt come until all 5 other diners had completed their meal. Our actual waiter was so inattentive he had no idea this was happening. The food is OK, but this sort of thing spoils the evening. We will not be going back. They did take the item off the bill but it's not about the money.
- New ServerBirthdayDined on 8/31/2014Had a great dinner there, no thanks to our very sweet, but overwhelmed server. He was a nice boy but when it comes to conflict resolution, he dodged us the entire dinner because he messed up. We told him it was ok, but he might have been embarrassed and because of that our dinners came and he never came back. Luckily, we didn't need anything and our food was outstanding, but a little training on conflict management would have improved the experience.Special Features: