Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
220 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: (617) 558-1152
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Seasons 52 features live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
363 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (156)good for groups (152)neighborhood gem (126)special occasion (110)great for lunch (96)notable wine list (80)vibrant bar scene (76)hot spot (51)romantic (49)kid-friendly (25)great for brunch (24)late-night find (20)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpTabVIPVIPDined on 11/23/2014We had a superb dinner with Pappi serving us. We highly recommend him! Always love the S52 menu options.I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumoyumoDined on 11/22/2014There were 4 of us in the party and from the moment we were seated it was an extremely positive experience...the manager came over and spent a lot of time with us...even though the place was hopping on a Saturday night! One dinner was delayed in coming out of the kitchen - they let us know that it did not meet their expectations and they were sorry for the delay! Good for them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMitchVIPDined on 11/19/2014Third time I have eaten there. My experience has been consistent in that the service seems somewhat erratic and disorganized although pleasant . The food is well presented but incredibly bland and unseasoned.
- Season's 52 is worth a visitwedineoutalotVIPDined on 11/18/2014We have been to Season's 52 in 4 different locations; two near Boston and two in Florida. The flatbread and wine flight offering is fantastic value and always enjoyable. Great deal for lunch - if you get to relax over lunch that is! My wife had a venison special this week - the last time we went for dinner - very good. The bar is warming and in the evening a pianist plays without overpowering noise. Last Christmas we went with a large group of 14 (6 kids from 1 to 10) and the staff were great, and everyone liked their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/18/2014Went to Seasons 52 to take a friend for a birthday lunch. We were seated in a huge booth right away. Service and attention from staff was excellent. We loved our appetizer (which was really a side) so much that the manager came and gave us the recipe. Our meals were wonderful. Dessert and coffee was complimentary for the birthday girl. Couldn't have asked for better. A wonderful, unhurried, delightful experience. Thanks to everyone there that day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Treat!FlygirlDined on 11/17/2014Great concept. You feel indulged here but without the guilt. Everything I've had at Seasons 52 has been terrific the 3 times I've visited. Favorite Flatbread is Chicken Pesto. The desserts are spectacular and service is first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left WaitingshepVIPDined on 11/15/2014We made a reservation for two through OpenTable and arrived at the restaurant on time. We were told to wait (in the bar, needless to say), but chose instead to stand off to the side of the reception area. People got up and left and people came (few, it seemed, with reservations), and we waited. It was a full 25 minutes before we were finally shown to a table -- a period during which we clearly saw at least one later arriving couple be seated. No matter how good the food or table service, mismanagement of the simple act of honoring a reservation is a certain restaurant killer for us. We won't be back and will be pleased to share our experience with anyone tempted to go.
- Good food service needs workFoodiegaloreDined on 11/15/2014Good dependable food. I like that it is healthy and great cocktails BUT. The service really needs to be improved. Not very friendly and poorly trainedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not the sameBuffyVIPDined on 11/15/2014The reason I chose the seasons 52 in Chestnut Hill was because of my amazing experience at the seasons 52 in Maryland. While I understand the menu items vary, the options in Chestnut Hill were so limited and disappointing and everything ordered by myself and my party was "just ok". Nice service, beautiful place, but limited menu option and mediocre food.
- Another wonderful meal here!CissyDined on 11/14/2014The food is excellent here, especially the salads and the flat breads. I have had lunch and dinner here, and love eating in the bar-area booths. The wait staff is consistently professional and responsive. I introduced a friend who in turn is bringing her book club here next month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostly greatjuicyqueenDined on 11/9/2014Hard for 1 of our party to find something to eat but all in all, great dinner. As we just finished, fire alarm went off. But beautiful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait with reservationJTandy102Dined on 11/8/2014We had a reservation for 11 for 7:30 Saturday night. We arrived a few minutes before 7:30 and were told our table wasn't ready yet - it would only be a few minutes. We asked several times how much longer they anticipated the wait to be. Only a few more minutes was what we were told each time. 40 minutes later we were seated! We were now on a time crunch as we had tickets to an event at 9:30. We quickly ordered , told the server we were on a time crunch and explained we were seated 40 minutes after our reservation. Everyone received their meals except one person. By the time her foo arrived we had to wrap it t go. They did comp a round of drinks. Bottom line, if you're on any type of schedule - pass on this place.
- enjoy with familyBethGDined on 11/8/2014Great meal fun time with family. Good appetizers, meals & yummy desaerts. Had nice evening with family & friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealDigitalmamaDined on 11/8/2014We all enjoyed it very much. Food was excellent. We also liked the cute little desserts, i.e. Pies and cakes transformed into something in a small glass which were perfect for single helpings, and each had one, even though we didn't think we would order dessert! They were unique and quite tasty.Special Features:
- We will definitely be backEasternguyDined on 11/7/2014My wife and I had a nice experience at Seasons 52. The atmosphere was warm, the food was good, and the service was excellent. Both the cocktail and dinner menu were interesting with some different choices that were intriguing. We each had a martini and then a nice meal. She had the scallops and I had a different kind of fish. Both were excellent. The desserts were nicely offered in an assortment to the table in small amounts - small enough that we actually got one; something we usually skip thinking of the calories. The atmosphere was nice for our romantic dinner. My only complaint is that it was a little loud, but it was a busy Friday night and every table was full. I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectCathDined on 11/7/2014This is a great spot for a night out. The menu is a little bit limited but everything was exceptional. I had the lobster flat-bread and my boyfriend had the filet mignon. Both perfectly cooked and seasoned. The little desserts are so fun and allows you to try a couple of different things.Special Features:
- Great spot to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/6/2014We went here to celebrate our anniversary and it was just the thing. The food was yummy, drinks terrific, and ambience was relaxing and yet it felt special at the same time. I would definitiely return. And the cool thing was that they were able to take a photograph of the group and print it out, as many copies as we wanted, and put it in a small cardboard frame for us to bring home. A very nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't get seated near the barPastramimanDined on 11/6/2014Even though we got there at 5:30 on a Thursday, we were seated near the bar, even though there were lots of tables toward the other side of the restaurant. The person performing was awful and loud, borderline SNL skit. Sort of ruined the experience. Tood bad because the food was very good and the service was great.
- TastyfoodlikerDined on 11/5/2014Dinner was excellent. However, waiting for a my friend, I went to bar for a cup of coffee as suggested by hostess. Bartender couldn't leave bar to get cream and had to get a server who never brought it until coffee was cold. Second cup wasn't better but excuse was the same. I wouldn't utilize the bar again but it's not my first visit and I love the restaurant. Not everything on the menu, but always something on the menu I enjoy. Never even notice the fewer calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seasons 52steveDined on 11/5/2014Very good food; excellent service; nice live music at barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentOutoftownersVIPDined on 11/5/2014You can tell the restaurant cares about their customers as the valet waits attentively at the front door and opens the door for each customer. Off to a good start. The service is very good - professional, knowledgeable about the menu, there when you need them. Flatbreads are always yummy. Salad with gorgonzola was very basic, nothing special. The trout is delish and healthy. Chicken is moist and good too. Veggies have an odd herb flavor, but ok. You can always count on a consistent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentdda59Dined on 11/3/2014The food is wonderful. I like that the menu is calorie conscious and that the restaurant has menus for those with dietary restrictions. I had the gluten-free scallops with butternut squash risotto which were excellent. It is also great that the desserts are just the right size for getting a taste of something fun and interesting without the guilt! The ambiance is also great. Feels warm, cozy and relaxing. Nice that there is live entertainment in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good, lots of varietyMotorCityMomDined on 11/2/2014When I am out of town, this is the restaurant I look for if I want to please any palate. The menu varies according to seasonal offerings, and the menu is extensive, pleasing the pickiest eaters. My guests raved about their butternut squash risotto, quail and roasted salmon. On other occasions I have enjoyed the entree sized salads. The Chestnut Hill location has wonderful service, and they have a separate room for private parties too! You can't go wrong with Season 52.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible serviceIHeartFrenchFoodVIPDined on 11/2/2014Our service was terrible from the second we walked in through the end. The Hostess was rude and our server was absent all night. The steak was over cooked and we actually had to walk to the front of the restaurant to all for a new one. Never again!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/1/2014Been to several locations and really like the menu and the ambienceSpecial Features:
- WOWthumbsupDined on 10/30/2014Just ate here for our 10 year anniversary. We felt like celebrities. They even had a card made for us when we arrived. Amazing service and a great menu. I honestly cannot wait to go back! Big cheers to servers Mike and Nick, Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Small PlatesWallysDadDined on 10/29/2014We took advantage of the restaurant's Small Plates Happy Hour special ($5.00 per plate). Lamb chops and skewered chicken were particularly good.Special Features:
- Very nice preparationsCeeJayDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I sneaked into this trendy restaurant by making an Open Table reservation 15 minutes before we could be there. When we arrived the hostess was saying an hour wait. I'm just saying...go Open Table. It's a large space, definitely trendy, therefore somewhat noisy, but manageable. They were out of some things, but there were a lot of appealing choices. The dishes are advertised as being under 475 calories per dish. I had grilled trout, which was perfectly prepared; my husband had an app and a flatbread, which was excellent. The desserts are small - said to be under 300 calories each, but that is perfect for me because I only want a few bites. It's good to see thoughtful, tasty cooking with an eye to not overdoing calories.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceGullpond3Dined on 10/25/2014We were very impressed with the service we received from the entire staff at Seasons 52. Our waitress, I believe her name was "Jabe", was especially kind and attentive. I had the salmon salad and my friend had the flank steak and we both thought our meals were delish! I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Food quality is very good and fresh, better yet is low in calories... : ) This is my second time to this restaurant and the staffs there are always friendly and a happy which is great to see. The only downside is it could be a bit noisy... But I would recommend this.Special Features:
- Healthy EatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/24/2014This is one of the first healthy restaurants that I have found, and is also really good. Overall the place is really nice, and the staff were great, but it was a bit loud for me. All of our food was fantastic and we left feeling satisfied but not full, which is fantastic! I would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prompt service & great foodduchessDined on 10/23/2014The scallops w/risotto were fabulous - love the small dessert servings - under 350 calories - YAY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningHappyTummyDined on 10/19/2014I know this title doesn't mean much for a food site, but it really was the entirety of the evening that was spectacular. The service was friendly and attentive without being over the top. We took several of the server's suggestions and were not disappointed! The food was delicious, and it's great knowing that you aren't getting a lot of empty calories. (Seasons 52's niche is that every dish is 475 calories or less. We were joking that it better not mean that the servings were teaspoon-sized. They were full servings of everything - just without all the extra calories.) We could hear music from the piano bar, but it managed to provide great ambiance while still allowing us to talk at a conversational volume. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TreatCAKnightlyDined on 10/19/2014We hosted a birthday party for my daughter and her roommates at Season 52. The food was fantastic and we all liked the seasonal menu. The staff made the event special by taking a photo of the group and giving us four copies in a Seasons 52 sleeve. They also brought out a dessert tower with a candle in the middle. It was nice to be able to sample the dessert options. My daughter and her friends enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Great spotBM64Dined on 10/19/2014The food, ambiance and service were all excellent. Only downside was the noise level. For diners over the age of 50 (and those with sensitive ears under 50) it's hard to hear a quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Service Not SoHerbDined on 10/19/2014The food was excellent, but the wait staff needs some additional trainingSpecial Features:
- Good Food and Wine, Service So-SoMattVIPDined on 10/19/2014Had a great experience at another Seasons 52 and was looking forward to trying this location. Our server was very inattentive, but fortunately other staff members were kind enough to run food over and take our drink/desert orders. On the plus side the food was excellent. The scallops were well seasoned, seared, and cooked as was the pork tenderloin. We'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific -ReneVIPDined on 10/19/2014I met my sister there unexpectedly and it was wonderful. We had a great lunch, excellent service and the atmosphere was warm friendly and I felt that I was in a dining room setting. My sister said she had a great day going to Seasons 52. i had been to two events in your private dining rooms and the food and service was excellent. Looking forward to dining with you again, soon....Special Features:
- DisappointedFoliageDined on 10/17/2014We arrived 10 minutes early and were told they were running a bit behind. We stood in the small waiting area next to the hostess. Quite a bit of time passed and someone that came in after us was being seated. We went to the hostess that said she had texted me twice. Well my phone was in my pocketbook. We were standing right by the hostess. I was with family and friends I wasn't focused on my phone. If this was what she was going to do she should have let us know when we checked in. There were not that many people in and out. A good hostess would have know to check with us after texting! For the most part the meals were good. My scallops were dry and had an odd flavor to them. In only ate one.
- Great Food & servicetarynVIPDined on 10/17/2014Loved the menu- especially how it is seasonal- will be new stuff every season- not same old, same old. The only thing missing is a bread service or something to munch on before the entrees arrive. even breadsticks would be great. I appreciate the whole everything is under 475 calories & fresh & grilled. Definitely will be back.Special Features: