Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
220 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 6175581152x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Seasons 52 features live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Seasons 52 - Chestnut Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
382 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (144)good for groups (144)neighborhood gem (135)special occasion (127)great for lunch (116)vibrant bar scene (90)notable wine list (72)romantic (43)hot spot (43)great for brunch (33)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (22)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- GREAT DEALKITTY923Dined on 8/27/2014We were attracted by the 5 course Restaurant Week deal, it more than lived up to our expectations. I had enough for a second meal which I thoroughly enjoyed. Service was all we could ask for, plates cleared fast, refills given without being ask for. Friendly wait staff. Delicious food, unique offerings.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I booked my reservation in advance for my boyfriends birthday and let them know what the occasion was. They took great care of us, presented him with a kind card and wished him a happy birthday. Our waitress was great and treated us wonderfully. I was very happy with the whole night and my boyfriend was beyond pleased.Special Features:
- DodiVIPDined on 8/27/2014Very mediocre especially the service. I ordered a drink. The waiter didn't listen and brought the wrong thing. One ordered soup, I ordered a flat bread and the third ordered a salad. We had to wait at least 5 minutes before the salad was brought to the table. For the main meal one had the steak flat bread. He liked it but I thought it had little eye appeal. It looked really dry. I had the scallops with spinach. They brought it to me with the risotto which i didn't want and by the time the spinach came I was almost done with my meal. The scallops were delicious. The third person had the swordfish special. The waitress thought it was the pork and at first didn't leave it at the table. The waitress gave us free desserts.Special Features:
- EnjoyediamdojemiDined on 8/27/2014Celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary with our family. Real plus when we were told it was Restaurant Week. We all ordered from that menu and enjoyed every morsel. I made our reservation thru Open Table with a special request to have a server who we had before. I called and was told Angela would be serving us again......happy to hear you really pay attention to special requests.Special Features:
- great restaurant week menuBarbaraDined on 8/26/2014Our party was very impressed with all the choices and the preparation of the food for restaurant week. The flat breads are delicious. The corn soup and the bean chili was enjoyed by all. The Filet Mignon was cooked to every one's taste. One of the diners had the scallops. Our waitress was attentive and her service was just right. I would definitely go back and try to scallops.Special Features:
- RJJFVIPDined on 8/26/2014We enjoyed a great meal and the service was excellent. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itZackDined on 8/26/2014One of the best meals I have had in years, would go there again in a heart beat and so would my other 4 guests.Special Features:
- First Time, Not The Last TimeSuncactusDined on 8/23/2014The whole tone of the restaurant is welcoming from the valets outside, to the front desk. We celebrated an anniversary with friends and they were duly impressed and delighted with the meal and the evening. Our server, Nick was incredible...Knowledgeable, available, helpful, and totally responsive to our needs. When he brought over a handwritten congratulatory note card from the restaurant to them, it was over the top. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. The candle at the top of the tiered dessert caddy was a well-appreciated touch. The manager who stopped by made it seem special and not a cursory job detail. She seemed sincerely interested in our opinions and ready to fix any issue. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Lowered Rating; Disappointing VisitArneewinVIPDined on 8/23/2014This last dining experience was not up to par for Seasons 52. Friendly service, but not always timely. One dinner came out later than the rest. One dinner was not as good as usual. In all cases, the management was responsive and the waiter apologetic; it was just not the dining experience we expected.I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly goodribbyVIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is part of a chain, and I expected it to be a run of the mill restaurant with good enough food. To my surprise, it the food was excellent. My husband had a tenderloin steak which was extraordinarily flavorful for tenderloin, the salmon was outstanding and the crab/wedge was delicious. They do not over-sauce and don't use too many ingredients that might hide the natural flavor of the food. They have respect for vegetables and provide a good helping of several seasonal vegetables with each dish, unless some of the better restaurants that focus only on the meat or fish. The mini-desserts were "just enough" after our excellent meal, and they were delightfully good. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for Restaurant WeektrdubordDined on 8/22/2014Seasons 52 was a restaurant I chose to try during restaurant week. It was a great value for $33 for five courses. All of the food was really fresh. The only issue was our entrees took a long time to come, between courses. However the food was delicious, and had a great menu for those who are health conscious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!!!DoeeyesDined on 8/22/2014Seasons 52 is the absolutely the BEST restaurant to eat. Love the food, the ambience, and the live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but not great either.eggyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Scallops really good but vegetables badly over cooked. No bread offered. Service friendly and we liked our waiter but food came out slowly. Flatbreads excellent. Desserts tiny but very good.
- DisappointingRealtorMomVIPDined on 8/20/2014From the moment we were s-l-o-w-l-y led to our table, and we saw that we were the only diners under 75 years old, we realized this restaurant has become the everynight dining establishment for all of Chestnut Hill. It is different from other Seasons 52's we have dined at. While the food was plated beautifully, it was BLAND and BORING; did not resemble the flavorful descriptions on the menu. All of the side dishes tasted old, as if made in huge batches for the night and sitting in holding containers far too long. The food and aura felt and tasted like we were eating at at my Bubbe's (upscale) elder care dining room. Not worth the prices they charge, even tho it was 'restaurant week'!
- Never going backhardworkingmomDined on 8/20/2014The service was slow and the food was mediocre. We had reservations early in the evening when there were very few diners and plenty of wait staff, but we waited a while for our table and the food & drinks took forever. We were there for 2 hours and some of our food was so salty & under-cooked that it wasn't even edible. I was disappointed and will never go back.
- Surprisingly GoodCeat1VIPDined on 8/19/2014The restaurant was surprisingly good. The Branzino was extremely good. It was prepared as a whole fish (headless) but had been filleted nicely with lemons inside when they brought it to the table and opened it up before you. Nice that the flavored oil was served in a spoon on the side. It was restaurant week so my friend got the 3 course meal and we shared the flat-bread. Nicely sized appetizer for two and was really good. We liked the ides of the mini indulgences. Just right for an after dinner treat! A must restaurant to go to!Special Features:
- Sue62Dined on 8/18/2014We went with our 2 teenage kids and all had tasty meals. Delicious chicken pesto flatbread app, and the scallop entree was also terrific. The only item that wasn't a hit was the quinoa salad on the summer sampling entree - just a tart flavor which did not appeal to my daughter. Great service!Special Features:
- DeliciosoVIPDined on 8/18/2014Monday night sparse gathering, yet beverage was slow coming to our table. Pork dish was not the greatest, but scallop dish was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Really good servicejjpmDined on 8/18/2014A group of friends and myself went for lunch and were served by Andrea. Her recommendations were right on and we totally enjoyed every one of our choices. I would highly recommend Seasons 52 to anyone who happens to be out in the area food shoppingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealteampamandpaulVIPDined on 8/17/2014We tried Seasons 52 for the first time on the first night of the August Dine Out Boston. Over the years we have had many disappointing "restaurant week" meals (slim selections, meager portions), but this would have been an excellent meal at normal prices and it was an EXTRAORDINARY bargain at the Dine Out rates. We'll be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinnerBN23Dined on 8/17/2014Good food, nice atmosphere. Nice sized portions and small sampler desserts.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow on Service!RozzieDined on 8/16/2014Although it was quite noisy due to a wedding party in the adjacent room, the service was beyond outstanding, the food delicious and plentiful, and the general experience was lovely. We especially appreciated the server taking our photo and printing copies for everyone and presenting in a little frame.Special Features:
- A special anniversary dinner!muskokagirlVIPDined on 8/16/2014We very much enjoyed a lovely dinner for a special occasion. The staff and manager worked very hard to accomodate us in achieving a quiet table, due to a very loud wedding party in a private room.They reseated us and were so gracious and kind, comped desserts and took great photo. I love their salmon salad, husband had the delicious branzino. Cocktails were fun and we had great desserts. Bravo Seasons 52, we will be back. Shout out to Mr Bromberg, the manager and his waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014There was a wedding in the function room, so it was a little noisy. The food is very good, just enough. I like the fact that everything is low calorie and delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranKDined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed the restaurant and bar very much. Service was very good and prices reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were curious...JudyDined on 8/15/2014since we had heard a lot about Seasons 52 but we were not very impressed. We had a reservation on a Friday night and were seated promptly, but the staff at the front desk did not look up from their paperwork to greet customers. There was a lot of confusion among the waitstaff and we were offered several dishes that belonged to other tables. Our waiter was attentive and polite. The flatbread appetizer was tasty, but bland, and the main dishes were not very exciting. The desserts, in little glasses, looked appealing and small, but were VERY rich and sugary..unexpected with such a light meal. The live music was at the bar, so it was not noisy where we were seated, but could have been at other places in the restaurant.Special Features:
- LuvgoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014Everything was terrific. This was my 4th time to the restaurant in a monthSpecial Features:
- Reliable and relaxingTopNotch10VIPDined on 8/15/2014This outpost of the locavore chain, Seasons 52, works well in this shopping mall along route 9. The restaurant is comfortable but, if crowded, can be noisy. However, it's a friendly noise. The service is very friendly, informative and helpful with the rather diverse menu selections. The food is better than average for a place of it's size and bar service/wine list is good. It's all a bit predictable but that brings comfort to most diners including the harried shoppers and local business folks that inhabit the place. At lunch the tuna salad and the duck tacos were very good. Dinner has several fish options which work very well. Worth a trip.Special Features:
- Great Lunch Spot.. or Casual DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/14/2014Nice atmosphere (lots of booths), excellent service, and a nice menu make this an attractive place for lunch... or a casual dinner. The menu does seem to fulfill its promise of offering healthier choices. Everything we had was well prepared. One of the chefs was out in the dining room delivering dishes and talking to guests... a nice touch. Recommend the flatbreads for a shared app. We enjoyed the crab salad and the line caught salmon special.
- Never disappointing!DelilahbluDined on 8/13/2014This has become one of my favorite places to grab dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2goodVIPDined on 8/12/2014Had there salmon and it was deliocious; and strawberry flavored martini which was on point. To conclude the dinner had one of their excellent desserts which was a nice small portion. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, great foodDiscriminatingDinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Our waiter, Pappi, treated us like royalty during our first visit. He was attentive and engaging throughout the eveing, and offered a complementary dessert. We will definitely visit again. The manager also stop by the table to say hello. The piano bar also adds a very nice touch -- Liz Tobias performed on the Tuesday night we visited and she is outstanding!Special Features:
- Fresh and Reliable FoodArneewinVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food is always fresh and tasty. Great having calories kept low while having creative recipes. Staff is always very warm and friendly. Bar menu: wine flights and flatbread an amazing deal!Special Features:
- OpTabVIPVIPDined on 8/11/2014We had an awesome dinner with Katie serving us. We look forward to requesting her again :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable ChoiceBetsy1224VIPDined on 8/10/2014Not spectacular or a "fit for foodies" type of restaurant but a consistent, reliably good neighborhood choice. Seasons 52 suceeds in making you feel like this is a local, not chain, restaurant.Special Features:
- First impressionsyoungfoodieDined on 8/9/2014The food was great and the restaurant was beautiful and you could tell that someone put a lot of thought and work into seasons 52, but the only thing I would have to say that was not as great is that we had a reservation at 7:15, so we wouldn't have to wait for our table, and ended up waiting 15 minutes for our reservation. I certainly do not mind waiting, but we had made a reservation to specifically avoid the issue of having to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiggerDined on 8/9/2014Food and service excellent; waitress outstanding!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Food was delicious! We shared apps with our wine at the bar. Piano player/singer was great while the Pats pre season played but was silences. Perfect combo. The bartender was clearly pre-occupied otherwise I would have given service a top score. The rest of the staff was great.... But we found ourselves constantly trying to get the attention of a clearly distracted person the whole night. Other than that, I'd highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLuvDinnerDined on 8/7/2014This is our third time eating here and so far it has not disappointed us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MitchVIPDined on 8/6/2014Food is bland. Flatbread is flat and did not have enough toppings. Salmon was partly raw on inside and the risotto had no flavoring.Special Features: