Seasons 52 - Birmingham
245 Summit Blvd
Birmingham, AL 35243Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Seasons 52 - Birmingham
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 2059685152
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nick Dees
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - Birmingham
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season!Continued
For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.com
For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Seasons 52 - Birmingham - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Seasons 52 - Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (132)fit for foodies (96)good for groups (84)notable wine list (76)romantic (75)great for lunch (65)neighborhood gem (55)vibrant bar scene (46)hot spot (38)great for brunch (23)great for outdoor dining (23)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great Service!HaroldVIPDined on 9/18/2014We had a business dinner at the Season's 52 in Birmingham. The service was great and the food was delicious. Thank you for a great experience!Special Features:
- OftimespastOftimespastVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food was excellent, as well as the cocktails. Staff was disappointing. Both of the hostess were very unfriendly and the one who seated was rude. I frequent this restaurant at least 2 to 4 times a month for business and pleasure. My server was very slow to come to the table. We ordered appetizers and cocktails and the appetizers arrived before the cocktails. On our second round, the drinks arrived after our food. Our food was brought by others and she only appeared to take our drink and food order. And lastly, she showed up with the desert offering and I handed her my credit card. The flow was slow, untimely and disrupting. However, we did get a "Thank You" from a front end manager as we departed.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Upscale lunch site - great food, terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary date outrbryant3Dined on 9/14/2014The food was good but my wife's fish had a foreighn objct in it, twice. There was some type of label in the food and they sent ot back and cooked another one, but the second one also had a label in it.Special Features:
- 80th bday partyGracieDined on 9/14/2014THey were very good at acommodating our large party but the service was not good & we had to wait a lot in between the serveer coming back & forth - wasn't clear til halfway through who our server was. Food was ok but took a really long time to get - need to time that better for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good local fresh foodALeatsDined on 9/13/2014Excellent alternative to the steak restaurant choices. Good service and atmosphere. It appears to have rooms for large crowds. I've been here twice for dinner for two. I'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasedmgkendraDined on 9/13/2014Good experience...would return...portion controlled meals, but still enough to satisfy my appetite...good service and nice atmosphere. Menu has options, but a few more entrees would be nice.Special Features:
- first time to Seasons 52firsttimerDined on 9/13/2014Atmosphere was very nice. Waiter was good. Ordered Greek salad and lobster flat bread. Both good. Waiter recommended quail and swordfish. The quail had bones and difficult to eat. Swordfish was OK on the last half. (Seasoning and texture) dessert was the best and smallest portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service and Foodmesch02Dined on 9/12/2014I took my wife out, who is very gluten sensitive, so we do not go out often. It was an awesome experience. This place takes allergies very seriously. The waiters and the kitchen are very aware and accommodating. It was an awesome experience, the food was excellent, the service was great. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone especially ones suffering from allergies.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceAndrewsJuJuDined on 9/12/2014We truly enjoyed our dining experience at Seasons 52. We were promptly seated and our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable about the food choices. We started our meal with the stuffed mushrooms. They had just the right amount of spinach and shrimp in them that were delicious but did not take away from the mushrooms themselves. The butternut squash soup was outstanding as was the mixed field greens salad! The filet mignon was cooked to perfection. The portions were nice sized without being overwhelming in order to save room for dessert. We liked that the desserts were small to polish off your meal with just a small sampling to not feel stuffed. The food, atmosphere and service were all top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedExperimenterDined on 9/12/2014The meals that my companion and I received were just barely warm but they were quickly replaced with new meals when the server was alerted of the problem.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerLovinItAnniversaryDined on 9/10/2014Making the reservations on OpenTable was very convenient and easy. I have eaten at Seasons 52 several times and each experience was excellent. This visit was extra special, our 3rd Anniversary! Upon arriving at Seasons 52, the valet, hostess and staff that greeted us were very friendly. They presented us with a card and gave us a complimentary glass of champagne for our anniversary. Jacquie was our waitress. She was knowledgeable about the food, wine choices and very attentive to us the entire time. She made a point to congratulate us on our way out. Another waiter also came to our table to give us info on different wines to go with our dinner. I highly recommend Seasons 52 for their fresh food, service and hospitality! We felt special!Special Features:
- SurprisedvicbryVIPDined on 9/10/2014We usually get every good meals, this time just ok. Steak salad no taste, ask for additional dressing on the side. At least they got the temperture on the steak right this time. Rack of lamb had a sweet glaze which if I had known would have asked not to be included, but was not too bad. Lamb was cooked fine though. Brussels Sprouts could have been cooked a little more. Chili and butternut squash soup were excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding DinnerTank2kVIPDined on 9/10/2014I had an excellent dinner at Seasons 52 in Birmingham! The server Terronce Adams was outstanding one of the best servers I have encountered, ever! The appetizer and the main course were exceptional and hats off to all the staff at Seasons 52 you did yourselves proud! The Salmons on the Cedar Plank and For the App I had the Shrimp Scampi! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- SchoolmarmDined on 9/8/2014This restaurant is in a busy shopping area but is not the typical chain restaurant experience. Known for its seasonal menus, Seasons 52 provides the diner with many delicious options at very reasonable prices. We are on a very restrictive diet. The grilled meats and seafood paired with the freshness of the salads and vegetable choices make eating well and eating healthy easy. Our server was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. It is popular for dinner, but I especially enjoy going there for a quiet delicious lunch.Special Features:
- Birmingham GemSavoirFaireFoodieDined on 9/7/2014It was outstanding. Stuart my server was attentive and amazing and I would trust his recommendations. The atmosphere was perfect to enjoy a great meal and read. The Artichoke & Laura Chenel Goat Cheese flatbread was divine. The Sea Bass seasoned and prepared perfectly. The Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean Mousse was just the right ending to a very good meal. This will definitely be on the list of my favorite places when visiting Birmingham. Great food and overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014Late night trip & were very pleasantly surprised! Great setting, piano player, & not too loud. Food & wine selections were great! Definitely go back for relaxing evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerstithieDined on 9/6/2014thank you for making my girl friend's birthday even more special!Special Features:
- honestreviewerDined on 9/6/2014Had a wonderful meal here with my husband for date night. The Maui Tuna Crunch salad was delicious. Enjoyed the "Perfect Storm" cocktail upon recommendation from our waiter, who was very helpful in explaining the different menu choices throughout the evening. Dessert was perfect, small portions of 2 "mini indulgences" I chose out of eight already prepared desserts brought to our table. I had the mocha macchiato and pecan pie with vanilla bean mousse. My husband had the chocolate peanut butter torte and carrot cake with cinnamon honey. Would gladly return. The menu is seasonal so there will be a good variety of menu options available throughout the year.Special Features:
- Perfert evening with friends ~BamaAnnDined on 9/5/2014Seasons 52 offers good food at very reasonable prices - This past Friday evening we dined there with friends and everyone loved their food ~ the level of service matches the excellent menu offerings. I love that the manager came to our table several times during the evening to make certain every need was being met. We leave Seasons 52 making plans to return again soon !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but loud!BirminghamdinerDined on 9/5/2014This was a birthday celebration. The service was perfect, the food was superb. However, they were out of three different items that we ordered (a beer, tonic, and an appetizer). Also, while the ambiance was very nice, the overall noise level was high, making it difficult to carry on conversation between the three of us. This really isn't the restaurant's fault, and just means everyone is having a good time. But it was noticed. Other than these two glitches everything else was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottBDined on 8/25/2014Excellent, and healthy, food. Great music at the bar but maybe a little loud for casual conversation so might want to dine in the main restaurant. Service was attentive and informed. I have eaten at Season's 52 in other cities and all have been great.
- What could have beenhaveforkwilltravelDined on 8/23/2014We were sat in a side room that was a private room environment and lacked ambiance. Our server was friendly and attentive. However, we ordered an appetizer that never came. We asked about it and it came out simultaneously with our salads (30 minute wait). We then found out the app order was not placed so the server offered a free "side item" as compensation. Our entree's arrived after another 35 minute wait and ironically, we never received the bonus side item. We tried a few desserts which were enjoyable. The server comped them because of the app and side item miscues but we would have preferred a timely dining experience.
- Another enjoyable timemgkendraDined on 8/23/2014Second visit here and will return based upon very good experience...no compliant about atmosphere, dinner, and food quality...soup and salads arrived but within 2 minutes dinner arrived, so that is only complaint.Special Features:
- A gem at the Summit!summitgemDined on 8/23/2014We've found our new favorite spot - Seasons 52. We've been 5 times in the past 6 months and it's always fun with great food, a knowledgeable & friendly staff, lots of different rooms and a great bar. Prices are reasonable for the quality, location and ambiance. For us, it's a great alternative to going downtown for dinner and it's a cut above most of the local competition. My only complaint is that we prefer a booth but even with a reservation, they always try to seat us at an open table close to a large group - they quickly fix the problem when we ask, but they should be able to accommodate without having to go through the ritual of giving us a less desirable table first. Maybe over time they will remember us and our request.Special Features:
- DisappointedFunGirlDined on 8/22/2014I had a wonderful luncheon there a couple of months ago. For dinner the restaurant was too loud with canned music, making it difficult to talk with our friends. Our entrees were a shade over cooked. When I asked for broccoli to substitute for potatoes, the server brought a plate of broccoli in addition to broccoli on my plate. (About 3 times the amount I could ever have eaten.) vegetables were slightly undercooked.
- 38th anniversary dinnerRaredinneroutDined on 8/21/2014Table ready when we arrived. Waitress very nice and informative. Our flat bread appetizer was late arriving,(30 minutes after being seated). Our waitress compted it without us asking. Very appreciated! Salad,entree, and dessert were very good. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner slow serviceFreqteaterDined on 8/19/2014Had a large group , we expected a lag but was very slow and not a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014My business meeting at Seasons 52 was the perfect experience with a new colleague. She had never dined at Seasons 52 before and we were able to enjoy a healthy meal with a fairly priced menu. I had the Organic Field Greens small salad - but it was more like medium-large size, and then the Grilled Garlic Pesto Chicken flatbread - which is a larger serving, too. It was very filling and flavorful, with leftovers to spare for $14-15. "Lunch" could have easily filled me up for dinner. **Secret tip: If you have gift cards for Olive Garden/Red Lobster/Long Horn, they work at Seasons 52 - all are owned by the Darden group. I'm not much of a chain-restaurant diner, but Seasons 52 is unlike the rest!Special Features:
- Perfect dining experienceLAWrightDined on 8/16/2014Excellent service, superb cuisine, LOVED the Restaurant Week Special. Will definitely visit every time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like the new summer menuMudboneDined on 8/15/2014We have dined quite a few times at seasons 52 and have always enjoyed ourselves. Britney did an top notch service job, food correct and tasty as usual. We will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Love it....Mike0870Dined on 8/15/2014First visit was with a group.... This visit was for a special occasion. They treated us special and the food was great...Will come back oftenhaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findJTgreatfindDined on 8/15/2014The food and service was great. I went to celebrate my birthday; I will be back just for a night out because the food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceSinclairssDined on 8/14/2014Food was great, service was good. Liked the ambiance. The only problem we had was it was too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 48th Anniversary dinnerAlabasterRebelDined on 8/13/2014My wife chose Seasons 52 for our 48th anniversary dinner. On arrival we made use of the complementary valet parking. We were led to our table by a very personable hostess. Our waitress informed us that the restaurant was providing a free glass of champaign in honor of our occasion. We started with the lobster flatbread which was excellent, as were the salads that followed. We both had the seared scallops for our entrée. The scallops were perfectly seared and very tender. The corn risotto that accompanied the scallops was also delicious. The selection of "small desserts" was wonderful. I particularly recommend the raspberry cannoli. The waitress was very attentive. Overall it could not have been a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Fresh!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014Great Food. Great Service. Will come definitely again!Special Features:
- Second chanceFoodmanDined on 8/10/2014I first visited over a year ago and was not impressed. In fact, I wrote a really bad review on Open Table at the time. This visit was quite different. Food was good, service was good and a good time was had by all. Great job!Special Features:
- EnjoyabledcmgrDined on 8/10/2014Everything was great, as usual. This is one of my favorite restaurants so I always enjoy dining there. The deserts were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happyWdc1906Dined on 8/10/2014I asked the server did the dessert have marsh mellows in it. He said no and was sure. My first bite was a marshmallow . I told my main server and she was like he just didn't know. The manager never came overSpecial Features:
- Great food and ambianceBasketweaverDined on 8/9/2014For lighter fare, the food is fantastic. The atmosphere is subdued and romantic. Great date spot, or just a nice night out got everyone.Special Features: