Seasons 52 - Birmingham
245 Summit Blvd
Birmingham, AL 35243Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Seasons 52 - Birmingham
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 2059685152
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nick Dees
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - Birmingham
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season!Continued
For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.com
For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Seasons 52 - Birmingham - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Seasons 52 - Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)fit for foodies (104)good for groups (86)notable wine list (78)romantic (76)great for lunch (67)neighborhood gem (54)vibrant bar scene (47)hot spot (36)great for outdoor dining (23)great for brunch (16)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (6)Show More
- Great Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I went to Seasons 52 for our wedding anniversary. We made a reservation but decided (as we have in the past) to sit at the bar because there is a piano man and he is wonderful, and frankly it's just more fun! Our bartender/server helped us pick out a fantastic bottle of wine to go with our dinner and was very attentive to us the entire visit. The food was excellent as always and we had a lovely experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014The only problem our group of ten had during this dining experience was that we had reservations for 9pm. We arrived at 8:15, and we concede that 45 minutes. The table was not available, but we made use of our time at the bar. We were not seated for our reservation until almost 10pm. The food was wonderful, but if that's how they treat those with reservations, maybe they should reconsider the option of reservations. Either honor the reservations or just take walks ins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent choicesBobsDined on 10/16/2014the chef's choices were outstanding. the lobster flatbread exceeded expectations. it was very tasty and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencespecialoccasionDined on 10/15/2014This place was truly great! Good environment with great staff and, of course, an outstanding menu for both wine and food. I have already been recommending this place to people I know and already discussing future plans to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, wonderful environmentAu8urnDined on 10/14/2014Had a business meeting over lunch. Food was great and atmosphere was perfect.Special Features:
- Great find in Birmingham, ALCdnBushmanDined on 10/10/2014On reading reviews we figured would try this out since we pretty much had our fill of BBQ joints in Birmingham. What a treat - starter of warmed olives was stunning with properly baked garlic, olive oil, rosemary & chillies. The mushroom arugla salad with the wild mushrooms, truffle sauce and shaved parmesan was to die for. Mains of filet and rack of lamb, done to perfection, sides tasty and fresh. Food tastes so clean, not over seasoned. The desert selection presented on a tray of eight samples in shot glasses was so well done - we had four between the 2 of us - key lime pie - yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HunterHunterDined on 10/8/2014We visited the restaurant to celebrate a co-workers upcoming wedding. The nine of us all agree that the food was awesome, the atmosphere was spectacular, the service was excellent, and the portion sizes of food in comparison to the cost were outstanding. The flatbread apetizers were just enough- not overwhelming and quite tasty! This was, without question, a fine dining experience and I am certain that we will return, as well as, recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have had betterBeentheredonethatDined on 10/6/2014Eaten here several times and had outstanding food. Sat in a location for our anniversary which was noted by staff but very loud from bar area and piano player (way too loud). Too close to bar with people hitting up on each other. Would have preferred the resturant area rather than the bar area. Service was slow. Not up to our standards. Some of the food, which the resturant prides itself on local vendors, was much less than the quality we have had before at resturant. Disappointing but will give it another chance.Special Features:
- Average dining experienceSciProfDined on 10/6/2014The signature flatbreads continue to tantalize. We had the lobster-mushroom selection. The butternut squash soup was prepared well but somewhat bland. Our filet mignons were cooked to perfection. The accompanying broccoli seemed as though it had been cooked the correct amount an hour earlier. The signature desserts were wonderful, particularly the cannoli sample, which was heavenly. The decafe coffee was horrible in that it tasted like low grade coffee that had been made in a metal percolator on a gas stove and then served cold - it was undrinkable. There was a very long wait for a cocktail even though the restaurant was not crowded. Perhaps because it was a Monday night it seemed understaffed. The server was inexperienced.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Our first visit was not notable however; this was an experience that was memorable. I am looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Good date night spotfoodie205Dined on 10/3/2014Very good spot for a nice date night out. Reasonable cost for the quality of the food you get. Looking forward to trying it out during another season of food.Special Features:
- we liked itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014I had heard Seasons 52 was a great place for date night, my friends were right. Our meal was great, we both had the Branzino. The desserts were very good. I have celiac and have to eat Gluten Free and Seasons 52 had plenty of good options for me including two desserts, that can be hard to find. We'll go again!Special Features:
- Great place!JJ80Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent service and great food! Everything on the menu looked delicious. They incorporate a wide variety of ingredients that are in season and the result is unique, delicious dishes. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- so many choicesjem26Dined on 9/30/2014this was my first experience at Seasons 52, and what a pleasant surprise. first the flavors and choices made it hard to choose. i finally settled on the lobster and mozarella flatbread for lunch. it was really delicious and actually a plentiful plate. and the small bie size desserts were a perfect ending to the meal. our service was the best. will try to eat here again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Bash!!!JackieDined on 9/30/2014Six ladies attended for a birthday celebration for two. A wonderful time had by all! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food nice wineGASTRONDined on 9/28/2014Wonderful food nice wine great service easy location. overall its a fabulous place with a charming menu and talented chef crew giving delicious offereingsSpecial Features:
- AWESOMEMySeasons52Dined on 9/28/2014Wanted a quiet, elegant location to have brunch with my granddaughter (16) for a little girl talk.....PERFECT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worthThedriveworthThedriveDined on 9/27/2014The autumn menu was a nice addition to our dining experience. My husband chose mushrooms in both his appetizer and entrée. His mushroom risotto was outstanding, and he thoroughly the quail. I had the branzino fish with Meyer lemon and thyme ~ making it the third time I have had this for dinner with you. The fish is one of my favorite meals....My husband was impressed enough with his first visit that we will make the hour plus drive again for a pleasant meal out, not just when I am traveling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceMarvel21Dined on 9/25/2014I took my girlfriend here for our date and it was absolutely incredible. The food was delicious, music and ambiance was romantic, dessert was the best part. Definitely a night to remember because of Seasons 52.Special Features:
- always good !!!BamaAnnDined on 9/25/2014Once again dining at Season 52 was outstanding. I invited friends who had never eaten there- to join me for dinner while our husbands were on a golf outing ~ my friends were totally impressed and plan to return soon with their husbands! The level of service matches the outstanding food - I've NEVER been disappointed with Seasons 52! It has become one of my favorite places to dine !Special Features:
- Wonderful nightLambchopsdeliciousDined on 9/23/2014We celebrated our daughter's 27th birthday and it was wonderful! Food was fantastic and Tyler,our waiter did an outstanding job, we definitely will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CornflakesCornflakesDined on 9/23/2014There needs to be some way to improve the soundproofingSpecial Features:
- Food just basicBhamFoodieDined on 9/19/2014The description on the menu does not sound half bad. Made to sound interesting in fresh. However, it always comes down to the execution, and there it lacks. The service was slow at best. This is the second time we were there and basically ordered salads that took over 30 minutes to arrive. No salad should take that long. The salad are ok, but the descriptions are better than the execution. We order the brussel sprout side which sounded good again on the menu, but the taste wasn't there. Biggest problem is the sprouts were undercooked so they were tough at best. I make brussel sprout hash which this sounds like it is trying to duplicate, but it was not done enough and the taste just wasn't there.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to eat.MrPickyDined on 9/19/2014After living in Birmingham for 8 years, this is the best restaurant we've eaten in. The food was delicious and the portion sizes were generous. There was an amazing combination of both simplicity and freshness in the food flavors. We had the shrink scampi, Roma tomato flat bread, wood roasted pork tenderloin, desert, and coffee. The service was very quiet and unobtrusive while also very attentive. We will certainly return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously Lite FareFood2dine4Dined on 9/19/2014Flavorful filling dishes without the extra calories! Everything was prepared well and the service was top notch!Special Features:
- Great Service!HaroldVIPDined on 9/18/2014We had a business dinner at the Season's 52 in Birmingham. The service was great and the food was delicious. Thank you for a great experience!Special Features:
- reviewBamaDined on 9/18/2014Food and Service was excellent . Had a great selection of food and wine.Special Features:
- OftimespastOftimespastVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food was excellent, as well as the cocktails. Staff was disappointing. Both of the hostess were very unfriendly and the one who seated was rude. I frequent this restaurant at least 2 to 4 times a month for business and pleasure. My server was very slow to come to the table. We ordered appetizers and cocktails and the appetizers arrived before the cocktails. On our second round, the drinks arrived after our food. Our food was brought by others and she only appeared to take our drink and food order. And lastly, she showed up with the desert offering and I handed her my credit card. The flow was slow, untimely and disrupting. However, we did get a "Thank You" from a front end manager as we departed.Special Features:
- Healthy Food OptionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2014The food offerings at Seasons 52 caters to all palates. There are healthy choices, vegetarian options, latest seasonal choices, good appetizers and nice bar specials after 5. I would not mind if portions were a bit larger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBusiness4lunchDined on 9/17/2014Upscale lunch site - great food, terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary date outrbryant3Dined on 9/14/2014The food was good but my wife's fish had a foreighn objct in it, twice. There was some type of label in the food and they sent ot back and cooked another one, but the second one also had a label in it.Special Features:
- 80th bday partyGracieDined on 9/14/2014THey were very good at acommodating our large party but the service was not good & we had to wait a lot in between the serveer coming back & forth - wasn't clear til halfway through who our server was. Food was ok but took a really long time to get - need to time that better for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good local fresh foodALeatsDined on 9/13/2014Excellent alternative to the steak restaurant choices. Good service and atmosphere. It appears to have rooms for large crowds. I've been here twice for dinner for two. I'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasedmgkendraDined on 9/13/2014Good experience...would return...portion controlled meals, but still enough to satisfy my appetite...good service and nice atmosphere. Menu has options, but a few more entrees would be nice.Special Features:
- first time to Seasons 52firsttimerDined on 9/13/2014Atmosphere was very nice. Waiter was good. Ordered Greek salad and lobster flat bread. Both good. Waiter recommended quail and swordfish. The quail had bones and difficult to eat. Swordfish was OK on the last half. (Seasoning and texture) dessert was the best and smallest portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service and Foodmesch02Dined on 9/12/2014I took my wife out, who is very gluten sensitive, so we do not go out often. It was an awesome experience. This place takes allergies very seriously. The waiters and the kitchen are very aware and accommodating. It was an awesome experience, the food was excellent, the service was great. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone especially ones suffering from allergies.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceAndrewsJuJuDined on 9/12/2014We truly enjoyed our dining experience at Seasons 52. We were promptly seated and our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable about the food choices. We started our meal with the stuffed mushrooms. They had just the right amount of spinach and shrimp in them that were delicious but did not take away from the mushrooms themselves. The butternut squash soup was outstanding as was the mixed field greens salad! The filet mignon was cooked to perfection. The portions were nice sized without being overwhelming in order to save room for dessert. We liked that the desserts were small to polish off your meal with just a small sampling to not feel stuffed. The food, atmosphere and service were all top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedExperimenterDined on 9/12/2014The meals that my companion and I received were just barely warm but they were quickly replaced with new meals when the server was alerted of the problem.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerLovinItAnniversaryDined on 9/10/2014Making the reservations on OpenTable was very convenient and easy. I have eaten at Seasons 52 several times and each experience was excellent. This visit was extra special, our 3rd Anniversary! Upon arriving at Seasons 52, the valet, hostess and staff that greeted us were very friendly. They presented us with a card and gave us a complimentary glass of champagne for our anniversary. Jacquie was our waitress. She was knowledgeable about the food, wine choices and very attentive to us the entire time. She made a point to congratulate us on our way out. Another waiter also came to our table to give us info on different wines to go with our dinner. I highly recommend Seasons 52 for their fresh food, service and hospitality! We felt special!Special Features:
- SurprisedvicbryVIPDined on 9/10/2014We usually get every good meals, this time just ok. Steak salad no taste, ask for additional dressing on the side. At least they got the temperture on the steak right this time. Rack of lamb had a sweet glaze which if I had known would have asked not to be included, but was not too bad. Lamb was cooked fine though. Brussels Sprouts could have been cooked a little more. Chili and butternut squash soup were excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.