Seasons 52 - Birmingham
245 Summit Blvd
Birmingham, AL 35243Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Seasons 52 - Birmingham
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: (205) 968-5152
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nick Dees
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - Birmingham
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season!Continued
For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.com
For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Seasons 52 - Birmingham - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Seasons 52 - Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (133)fit for foodies (114)good for groups (86)romantic (82)great for lunch (71)notable wine list (70)neighborhood gem (54)vibrant bar scene (47)hot spot (38)great for outdoor dining (22)late-night find (16)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (7)Show More
- a treat for husbands birthday dinner dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Hummus and tuna tartare for starter. Both enjoyed pork tenderloin for main and they catch you out with the dessert! When they put them all in front of you ready to eat you cant say no! Carrot cake and chocolatd mousse were perfect and inthe perfect portion as well! What a thoughfully designed dining experience. Our waitress was so friendly and attentive also. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not serviceLauraDined on 11/20/2014Our food was wonderful, but our waitress was not. We later found out that it was her first night. Seasons 52 needs to do a better job of training their wait staff before sending them out on their own!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Exceeds ExpectationssummitgemDined on 11/18/2014We go to Seasons 52 every couple of months and they have always exceeded our expectations for quality and service and our latest visit was even better than we expected, and we've learned to expect a lot from Seasons 52. Leon, our server, greeted us by name, offered perfect recommendations for new appetizer items on the menu (we had Short Rib Flatbread and Warm Beet salad) as well as recommending the Venison Chop for me and the Filet Mignon for my wife. Food was delicious, service was friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and efficient but not intrusive. I continue to recommend Seasons 52 as an outstanding local favorite and will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ObservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014A person who was cleaning another table while we were there broke a glass. As she cleaned off the broken glass she used a fresh napkin roll. She then put that napkin back on the table for the next customer to use. It was very disturbing for my guest who had a clear view. After we finished my guest moved the napkin and unrolled it so no one else would use it Othwise our experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest place to eat in Birmingham!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014We have eaten at Seasons 52 for business, special occasions and for a normal dinner out. We have always had outstanding service, fresh and tasty food and we are always looking forward to dining at Seasons 52 again. Thank you for offering the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a solid performancejamesglazierDined on 11/14/2014Our party of eight enjoyed a terrific meal. The service was perfect. The wait staff was attentive but not over bearing. The portions were generous and everyone shared how much they enjoyed their meal. Everything was perfect for a special evening with friends and family. And the price was reasonable. I great location for a gathering of eight or an intimate meal for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurenDined on 11/14/2014Very nice atmosphere, great for date night, just lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than the first timeBenAroundDined on 11/14/2014This was our second dinner visit and this was better than our first time. We were seated in the front room where we could actually read the menu - even though the waiter used a flashlight at the next table so that they could see the desserts. (They were in their twenties) My advice: Skip the flatbreads/flights. Order salad or soup and "basic" entre. This is not a steakhouse. Avoid the ridiculously small desserts (You may need a magnifying glass in addition to a flashlight to find them) and keep in mind that your at a chain restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary!MCSMRSDined on 11/12/2014Our service was by far exceptional from start to finish! The staff was wonderful and made our anniversary just that much more special with the kind little note, champagne toast and delicious dessert after dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- connorDined on 11/11/2014The pork meal I had was very average and tasted burnt.The soup I had was good.I have had much better meals in the past at your rettaurant.Our waitress did a great job waiting on our table along with her helper.Special Features:
- Consistently great food and terrific servicendchips2VIPDined on 11/10/2014The upscale, seasonal menu with a great variety of unique & traditional dishes prepared consistently coupled with an excellent wait staff makes Seasons52 a go to lunch and/or dinner location for us every time we are in town. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun times.Valentine58Dined on 11/10/2014Our food was great and our waiter was the best!! We had a group of 8 women and we all enjoyed our wide verity of foods. Everything was served fast and well.Special Features:
- Consistently Very GoodLaneDined on 11/7/2014I know it is a "chain." Nonetheless, Seasons 52 is consistenly very good (both food and service) and it has a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- JakeshrinkDined on 11/3/2014superb food, wonderful ambience, would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Excellent lunch!Flyer30125Dined on 11/2/2014Very satisfying lunch. The stuffed mushrooms were wonderful. The waitress was attentive, but was respectful enough to not interrupt our conversation. We both had the entree salads, and they were fresh and delicious. Great place for lunch and dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just didn't like the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Cool place but I just really didn't like the food very much. Nothing we had was very flavorful. Considering the price, there are way better places to eat in Birmingham.Special Features:
- Friday Night FlingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Fantastic atmosphere with an incredible selection of wines! This was our first experience and will definitely be back! The choices of deserts and their presentation was awesome! And our server (Jorge) was a great host!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff is the best.lm7423Dined on 10/30/2014Seasons 52 is a regular stop on our restaurant rotation and we always ask for Daniel to be our waiter. The food is great and the service excellent. Tonight we stopped by for appetizers and a glass of wine and it was excellent, as usual. Keep up the good work, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brandi was a wonderful waitress!MistyDined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed a great dinner; Brandi was our waitress and did a fabulous job. She always had a bright smile in her face and made us feel welcome!Special Features:
- Good food - slow serviceFunfoodieDined on 10/26/2014While our party of 6 mostly enjoyed the food, given the price point and all the good restaurants in Birmingham, we are not likely to return. For those wanting a lower calorie meal that is well prepared, this is a good choice. Unfortunately, the service was slow and our server had a hard time remembering requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewtoBHMDined on 10/22/2014Excellent food and service. Unfortunately, it is noisy as the decor does not have many noise absorbing features. But the menu more than makes up for it. Totally a fantastic dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I went to Seasons 52 for our wedding anniversary. We made a reservation but decided (as we have in the past) to sit at the bar because there is a piano man and he is wonderful, and frankly it's just more fun! Our bartender/server helped us pick out a fantastic bottle of wine to go with our dinner and was very attentive to us the entire visit. The food was excellent as always and we had a lovely experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long WaitHongry4goodfoodDined on 10/17/2014The only problem our group of ten had during this dining experience was that we had reservations for 9pm. We arrived at 8:15, and we concede that 45 minutes. The table was not available, but we made use of our time at the bar. We were not seated for our reservation until almost 10pm. The food was wonderful, but if that's how they treat those with reservations, maybe they should reconsider the option of reservations. Either honor the reservations or just take walks ins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent choicesBobsDined on 10/16/2014the chef's choices were outstanding. the lobster flatbread exceeded expectations. it was very tasty and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencespecialoccasionDined on 10/15/2014This place was truly great! Good environment with great staff and, of course, an outstanding menu for both wine and food. I have already been recommending this place to people I know and already discussing future plans to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, wonderful environmentAu8urnDined on 10/14/2014Had a business meeting over lunch. Food was great and atmosphere was perfect.Special Features:
- Great find in Birmingham, ALCdnBushmanDined on 10/10/2014On reading reviews we figured would try this out since we pretty much had our fill of BBQ joints in Birmingham. What a treat - starter of warmed olives was stunning with properly baked garlic, olive oil, rosemary & chillies. The mushroom arugla salad with the wild mushrooms, truffle sauce and shaved parmesan was to die for. Mains of filet and rack of lamb, done to perfection, sides tasty and fresh. Food tastes so clean, not over seasoned. The desert selection presented on a tray of eight samples in shot glasses was so well done - we had four between the 2 of us - key lime pie - yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HunterHunterDined on 10/8/2014We visited the restaurant to celebrate a co-workers upcoming wedding. The nine of us all agree that the food was awesome, the atmosphere was spectacular, the service was excellent, and the portion sizes of food in comparison to the cost were outstanding. The flatbread apetizers were just enough- not overwhelming and quite tasty! This was, without question, a fine dining experience and I am certain that we will return, as well as, recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have had betterBeentheredonethatDined on 10/6/2014Eaten here several times and had outstanding food. Sat in a location for our anniversary which was noted by staff but very loud from bar area and piano player (way too loud). Too close to bar with people hitting up on each other. Would have preferred the resturant area rather than the bar area. Service was slow. Not up to our standards. Some of the food, which the resturant prides itself on local vendors, was much less than the quality we have had before at resturant. Disappointing but will give it another chance.Special Features:
- Average dining experienceSciProfDined on 10/6/2014The signature flatbreads continue to tantalize. We had the lobster-mushroom selection. The butternut squash soup was prepared well but somewhat bland. Our filet mignons were cooked to perfection. The accompanying broccoli seemed as though it had been cooked the correct amount an hour earlier. The signature desserts were wonderful, particularly the cannoli sample, which was heavenly. The decafe coffee was horrible in that it tasted like low grade coffee that had been made in a metal percolator on a gas stove and then served cold - it was undrinkable. There was a very long wait for a cocktail even though the restaurant was not crowded. Perhaps because it was a Monday night it seemed understaffed. The server was inexperienced.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Our first visit was not notable however; this was an experience that was memorable. I am looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Good date night spotfoodie205Dined on 10/3/2014Very good spot for a nice date night out. Reasonable cost for the quality of the food you get. Looking forward to trying it out during another season of food.Special Features:
- we liked itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014I had heard Seasons 52 was a great place for date night, my friends were right. Our meal was great, we both had the Branzino. The desserts were very good. I have celiac and have to eat Gluten Free and Seasons 52 had plenty of good options for me including two desserts, that can be hard to find. We'll go again!Special Features:
- Great place!JJ80Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent service and great food! Everything on the menu looked delicious. They incorporate a wide variety of ingredients that are in season and the result is unique, delicious dishes. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- so many choicesjem26Dined on 9/30/2014this was my first experience at Seasons 52, and what a pleasant surprise. first the flavors and choices made it hard to choose. i finally settled on the lobster and mozarella flatbread for lunch. it was really delicious and actually a plentiful plate. and the small bie size desserts were a perfect ending to the meal. our service was the best. will try to eat here again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Bash!!!JackieDined on 9/30/2014Six ladies attended for a birthday celebration for two. A wonderful time had by all! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food nice wineGASTRONDined on 9/28/2014Wonderful food nice wine great service easy location. overall its a fabulous place with a charming menu and talented chef crew giving delicious offereingsSpecial Features:
- AWESOMEMySeasons52Dined on 9/28/2014Wanted a quiet, elegant location to have brunch with my granddaughter (16) for a little girl talk.....PERFECT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worthThedriveworthThedriveDined on 9/27/2014The autumn menu was a nice addition to our dining experience. My husband chose mushrooms in both his appetizer and entrée. His mushroom risotto was outstanding, and he thoroughly the quail. I had the branzino fish with Meyer lemon and thyme ~ making it the third time I have had this for dinner with you. The fish is one of my favorite meals....My husband was impressed enough with his first visit that we will make the hour plus drive again for a pleasant meal out, not just when I am traveling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceMarvel21Dined on 9/25/2014I took my girlfriend here for our date and it was absolutely incredible. The food was delicious, music and ambiance was romantic, dessert was the best part. Definitely a night to remember because of Seasons 52.Special Features: