201 - 26730 56th ave
Langley, BC V4W 3X5Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasonal56.ca/
- Phone: 6046255601
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 pm Sunday 4:00 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Adrian Beaty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: The Seasonal Experience, our catering division, was started as a vehicle to bring my passion for our local food out of the restaurant to you! A meal prepared by us will take you on a journey through the fields, farms, streams and oceans of British Columbia and Canada. We hope that such an experience will open your eyes to the vast bounty of products available to us and to see that we truly have some of the finest food in the world. We have developed several services that highlight these products and that are designed to create an unforgettable dining experience just for you.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant can be reserved for a private party. Whether it is a family gathering, small wedding or company event we can arrange the seating to fit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Shannon 6046255601
A word from Seasonal 56
Seasonal 56 was created to promote and feature the Fraser Valleys vast bounty in a relaxed, unpretentious environment with friendly and knowledgeable service staff. We are open for lunch and for dinner.Continued
Fresh, local, gourmet dishes served in a casually elegant atmosphere. We are only minutes off of the #1 hwy, close to the valleys wineries, brewery's and farms.
Fresh, local, gourmet dishes served in a casually elegant atmosphere. We are only minutes off of the #1 hwy, close to the valleys wineries, brewery's and farms.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seasonal 56 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Hidden gemPappilonDined on 9/13/2013It's always a pleasure to dine here. They offer a creative menu and cheerful staff. The chocolate cake and ice cream were incredibly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice surprise!1of4Dined on 9/11/2013You don't expect to find a restaurant of this calbre in an industrial area. It is just a short distance from the freeway. Our food was excellent. Three of my friends had the mushroom soup which we had heard was excellent - I didn't have any as I don't like that soup until I tried a bit of theirs. I will go back just to have the soup. Great staff. Lunch time is their busiest time - we went on a Wednesday night and there were just 4 or 5 tables so it was a nice evening. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous hidden Jem,NabooDined on 9/6/2013The ambience and food quality is hard to beat We have recommended and taken friends And family to seasonal and everyone raved About the restaurant,will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never argue with your patrons!DiningAgentDined on 9/6/2013The signs of a good restaurant include the food, ambiance, service, and professionalism with which customers are treated. After eating some of my entree I expressed displeasure with my Bouillabaisse and it was removed. I was asked if I'd like to order something else & I declined - most of our table of 4 had almost finished eating. When the bill arrived, the Bouillabaisse was not removed. When we inquired, the owner or manager approached us with a barage of questions, their personal recipe & portion control standards, & continued to argue with me. I was embarrassed in front of our guests and disturbed that I would have to debate the matter! The professional thing to do is express concern and be gracious! FYI, we were regular customers!!!Special Features:
- The Name Says it AllchefwannabeDined on 8/31/2013Living in Langley we are thrilled to discover this fantastic restaurant so close by. I have been there twice and though I ordered the same appetizer on both occasions, it was prepared slightly differently each time. What a treat! The Seasonal 56 menu features the Fraser Valley's local producers. The staff are so friendly and helpful. They truly make you feel as though you are dining at home. We will definitely return and have recommended it to our friends.Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2013The food was outstanding.Fresh and very yummy. Great service was worth the 35 minute drive.Glad that the restaurant is now open weekends for lunch will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2013Amazing food quality, they specialize in local organic food so the menu items change, but the food was incredible. If you're in Surrey or farther in towards Vancouver it is worth every bit of the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013Went here for my adult sister's birthday. Outside looked run down but gave it a chance. Inside looked like they had just moved in, found out later they had been there for years. Ordered two appetizers, the Meat and Cheese platter and the Trio of Dipping Sauces. Appetizers were bland, not enough bread, bread didn't taste fresh, asked for more crackers for the meat and cheese platter and received only 6 more thin cracker wafers. Didn't get any bread like other tables, and wasn't offered. Ordered mains, while interesting descriptions on the menu, nothing was great, the flavors seemed subdued and overall lacking complexity. Wouldn't go back.
- Eating in the bushHGAINSDined on 8/23/2013Food was good. Unfortunately we were crammed into a table for 2 right beside another couple. Odd given there were other options the whole time we were there. Only an artistic attempt at branches placed between our tables separated us. Not pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would be surprised...............OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2013.......if I ever had a bad meal here. It is our third time (2 lunches, 1 dinner) and the menu is always varied and the food interesting and superb. The service prompt, friendly and personal but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2013This was our third time at Seasonal 56 and we will return again. The food is so fresh and delicious. The waitresses are also great. Dawna suggested the chocolate cake even though I don't like cake and I think it was the best chocolate dessert I've ever had! Dawna helped me with most of my choices and I was very happy with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant, great foodfoody101Dined on 8/20/2013Fabulous, tasty, fresh food. good service. Ask for bottled water. Water tasted horrible. Service was good but slow. Unique and yummy appetizers and (free) fresh bread before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodislandaceVIPDined on 8/17/2013We really enjoyed our outing to Seasonal 56. Unusual location but once inside we enjoyed the service, food and setting. My heirloom tomato salad was enjoyable (sweet ripe local yellow red and orange tomatoes) but could have used a kick with some cheese and/or charcuterie. The burgers were amazing as was the duck confit. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We liked it.veggiegirlDined on 8/15/2013Was just recently there with 3 girlfriends. First time for all but one of us. We all enjoyed this restaurant very much, we always like to try a new place when we can. Among us are one vegetarian and one gluten free which can sometimes make choosing a restaurant difficult, but not here. We both had lots of choices. Great service, great local and unique food. Would recommend it for sure!Special Features:
- Food was amazing! My husbandsmccDined on 8/8/2013Food was amazing! My husband said it was one of his top 5 meals ever :)Special Features:
- A very modern restaurant.RRcustomerDined on 8/7/2013The location was easy to navigate towards, and although there isn't much in the way of scenery (being tucked away in Industrial Park) the décor itself was clean and relatively spacious. The menu seems to change depending on local supply and availability (I could not test this theory out due to only one visit), and on that particular day we were notified that the regular chef was on demand somewhere else, so our experience may not be representative of a typical dining experience here. Some selections seemed a little stale (particularly the one with scallops), but the side condiments were prepared with particular gusto. It will be interesting to see how this restaurant ultimately handles itself in the future. Visited August 2013Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's coolOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2013Great food and service, what your eating is beautifully prepared food that is fresh and local with flavours and textures. Delightful Best pie ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to integrityFoodieofthevalleyDined on 8/3/2013I love how this restaurant stands behind its mission 100%. It takes some serious integrity to continuously fill the menu with seasonal and local finds. Thank you for always being awesome and I know I can always trust your food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not quite there yetladieswholunchDined on 8/2/2013Decor was good. A bit messy around the reception area. On the way to the washroom, you pass an open room full of messy "stuff". Service was friendly, but brisk. The restaurant was not busy. My friend ordered the turkey sandwich and I ordered the bouilubaise.. Sounded interesting on the menu. My companion did not finish her sandwich. She found the flavours all "mushed" into one. Could not sense the layering of flavours. My entree was lukewarm at best. The seafood was good. But again, the broth seemed "busy". ie. flavours not distinguishable. I requested lemon wedges for my water at the beginning of the meal. I did not receive them even though I requested them FOUR different times through the meal. Both to the server and the host.
- Bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2013I drove right passed the reataurant at first , when we finally go there we were seated wet quickly . The restaurant was very nice inside there was two other tables in there . To start we got bread with trio dips which was silly since we also got a bread basket yet we didn't know that when ordering . It was 10$ for 6 slices of a baguette and three small dishes of dips that were not tasty at all . For the main my friend got he gnocchi with was about 8 pieces of gnocchi and the rest of the bowl mushed vegetables she said it was not good . I got a seafood soup that tasted like feet and had huge slices of potatoe in it .The quality of food is not worth the amount they charge . I would not go back more recommend for everyone .Special Features:
- Visit to their new locationOscarDined on 7/31/2013Use of local fresh produce and ingredients made the meal all the more enjoyable. Menu choices limited but prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseGooseDined on 7/27/2013Wow there has been a lot of thought into the menu preparation, with each entrée the vegetables were different selection and prepared differently as well,not just meat and potato's with steamed veg. All the ingredients are local and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyNightfalltwenDined on 7/26/2013Good food, but expensive for what you get in portion size. Something should be complimentary like bread. More than 40$ for a two person lunch is a bit excessive. The chicken dish was really good though. It would be nice to have a lunch menu separate from a dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedvegheadDined on 7/20/2013I was so excited to hear about a restaurant that serves local, organic ingredients. I assumed a menu full of fresh fruit and vegetables, great salad choices, etc. Instead the menu is quite "meat" focused. It may be "organic / local" but it was a disappointment all the same. The dish I ordered was swimming in a heavy rich sauce that was very salty. Meat, vegetable and potatos were all soaked this this sauce and all tasted the same. My friend is vegan. She tried hard to find something on the menu that would suit her diet but there was nothing. She finally settled on the halibut. It was served with fennel and polenta. An entirely white plate! Not very appetizing. Staff were friendly but service mediocre.
- Anniversary dinnerCM3335Dined on 7/19/2013My wife & I went there for our anniversary, we had a wonderful time. The personnel were very friendly and helpful. The food was very good. I heard a complaint that you had to pay for extra bread, after eating it I can see why. They were 3 different types of buns and they were excellent. It was a nice quiet atmosphere and very conducive to conversation. We would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fixed price luncheon menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2013The fixed price luncheon menu is a very good deal. I started with the soup, which arrived at the table nice and hot, the duck dish was very tender and flavorful and the 3 different creme brulees finished off the meal perfectly. My husband started with the ceaser salad, which was unique and very enjoyable. The turkey sandwich complete with cranberries was a hit. Seasonal 56 is a great find, easy to get to without fighting traffic and no parking fees, a bonus! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2013From the appetizer to dessert, the fresh, local food was absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious.lhasadaddyDined on 7/16/2013The food was fresh and amazing. The atmosphere relaxing, and all in all an amazing dining experience. Would recommend you try it. Went for dinner, and now must return to try the lunch offerings.Special Features:
- Hidden GemDisappointedDined on 7/13/2013Wow, what a wonderful restaurant!! In kind of a funny location, an industrial area but everything about it was just super! Food excellent and lovely to use local and fresh ingredients. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef was not customer friendlyShelleyDined on 7/12/2013The service in this restaurant was really good. Unfortunately, the chef/owner took forever to cook our dinner (over an hour) and when my steak arrived it was medium well and I asked for it to be medium rare. When I asked the server to take it back she was speaking with the chef. She came back with the same steak and told me the chef said that "that is the way I cook medium rare" and he refused to recook me a steak. This was only the second time in my life I've ever sent anything back. We won't be returning.Special Features:
- Very hidden gem....seasonedtesterDined on 7/10/2013Can only imagine what kind of business they would do if in a different location, out of the way but wonderful food...Special Features:
- Showcasing local productsSpoiledrottenDined on 7/6/2013Located in a strip mall off the TransCanada Hwy., the small place was busy with local diners. We four were in the second seating so they were already short of several food items; what we did have was quite good. Excellent bread to start, amazing charcuterie platters featuring a substantial assortment of local/housemade items - a meal in itself. Crab cake substitution for ahi tuna special was excellent as was a green salad w/strawberries. Salmon entrees were fine but sauce on chicken dishes was too salty. Over-cooked squash medley on all 4 mains. Desserts a bit of a disappointment - " already out of the rhubarb pie" and the cobbler topping was tough. Small reasonably priced wine list of local/regional wines. Service quite disorganized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great food, excellentLiisaDined on 7/5/2013Really great food, excellent customer service. Loves that it uses local ingredients and the chefs make everything from scratch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fantabulous.jsheDined on 6/29/2013The food was fantabulous. The location was odd add the view questionable. We had great company and the food was great so we were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRoyoxDined on 6/28/2013Seasonal 56 catered our wedding four years ago and the food is still remembered by people today. It was awesome to go back and enjoy great food again and talk with the staff. Will definitely go back and would be regulars there if we lived closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2013We had the 5 course meal which is prepared special and brought to the table by the chef along with an explanation of the food he has prepared. Each person gets a different dish for each course. It's fantastic! Everyone tries a little bit of each other's to be sure to not miss out on the incredible gourmet flavors. You don't order any of the food because the chef chooses what he is going to make for each person. It is a definite must to do if you have the time. We spent a leisurely 3 hours over the whole evening. Wonderfu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Enjoyed Our Girls' Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2013We had a lovely dinner at Seasonal 56. The halibut was very good, served over lentils and with green beans. The local beans: yummy. We shared a trio of creme brulet for dessert - also very yummy. We will go back and try them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After our server discovereddowntownDined on 6/21/2013After our server discovered our BCAA coupon (even though I mentioned it in our reservations), it was pointed out and our regular menus were wipped of the table and exchanged by the 3-course-menu which also had great choices. We loved the organic chicken and salmon and crab cakes and the desserts were wonderful. I wanted to have a specialty coffee after I saw the espresso maker but it was not offered to us but 2 plain cups of coffee from the kitchen. Our server tried to be friendly but it didn't feel sincere. It wasn't satisfying enough to take the drive on the freeway again. We live in Surrey. I did like the BCAA deal.Special Features:
- Hidden GemNickDined on 6/19/2013A Beautiful Gem of a dining experience with very friendly hosts and food to tantalize the taste buds. Will definitely be going back and telling my friends about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent For A Date NightFoodieDined on 6/18/2013This restaurant has the best food we have found in the lower mainland. It is small and is best to make a reservation. All ingredients are local along with the beer and wine. We have eaten here many times since it has moved to Aldergrove and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.