Searsucker North County/ Del Mar
12995 El Camino Real Suite 21
San Diego, CA 92130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Searsucker North County/ Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.searsucker.com/
- Phone: (858) 369-5700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday 5:00pm- 9:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 4:30pm-6:30pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:00 am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Brian Malarkey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music 8-10pm every Friday & Saturday Night in the bar & lounge!
- Special Events: For private event inquiries, please contact Mikki@ehgrp.com
A word from Searsucker North County/ Del Mar
Searsucker's atmosphere is relaxed and inviting with an emphasis on approachable and unpretentious dishes. The New American Classic menu features everything from comfort food with unexpected ingredients to lighter coastal fare. The space includes stylish decor that is both modern and rustic, comfy sofas and a firepit in the open back bar area for guests to sip and socialize, and a private dining room that can hold up to 48 people. The music, lighting and layout of the space creates a one-of-a-kind social dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Searsucker North County/ Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Searsucker North County/ Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)great for outdoor dining (37)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (22)special occasion (22)vibrant bar scene (19)romantic (18)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (10)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- girlfriend bday bashlove2dineDined on 8/3/2013Small bites were awesome! Had a great time with the gals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomahawkclaytDined on 8/2/2013Really wanted to try burlap for our anniversary. Was disappointed to hear it closed. But stayed with the Marlarkey restaurant. Shared the Tomahawk ribeye steak. We enjoyed it and the setting. Real good..but not outstanding. The bar scene was hopping. If we lived closer we would go again. Not sure if we would travel just to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There is a great deal of goodKennyDVIPDined on 7/30/2013There is a great deal of good and exciting energy as you walk into Searsucker. I was immediately impressed with the stylish, imaginative and contemporary interiors. Our table was ready (bravo!) and Amber who took care of us is an absolute gem. Her professionalism, care and discreet service was so appreciated and enjoyed. My loin filet was perfectly done and the jalapeno-chorizo "corn off the cobb" was beyond yummy! It was generally a superb evening filled with happy-looking staff and relaxed patrons. We will be back to this neighborhood oasis of fabulous food and superb style!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than BurlapJoannaDined on 7/30/2013The new decor is much better than Burlap but the food is still isn't great. For a very quiet lunch hour the service was very slow. Super creepy painting with chick with blood coming out of its mouth made it really hard to order chicken for lunch. I went with the mozza, basil and tomato sandwich which would be much better as a panini or with bread that wasn't so thick and doughy. Salad was overdressed and inedible. Fries with homemade ketchup were good but greasy.
- Disappointing brunchDoomUnicornDined on 7/28/2013I expected a lot more from this restaurant, based on my experience at the other location in Downtown. The food was very underwhelming, and the brunch menu seemed incomplete. I am going to guess this is because this location just opened. However, I think I will just stick to the downtown location from here on out.
- Fusion Food at it's best!mermaidDined on 6/6/2013Great food!! I hope they keep the angry fish on the menu! It was a burlap entrée, but it is amazing!! Desserts are to die for!! Loved the crazy experience to have food flavors exploding in your mouth! Great food and fun place!Special Features:
- The crab cake benedict wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/28/2013The crab cake benedict was great! Great brunch place!Special Features:
- Love the small plates here.stacyDined on 2/2/2013Love the small plates here. Always a treat to try several.Servers are very helpful with cuisineSpecial Features:
- Interesting and tasty food,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2012Interesting and tasty food, but overall it was louder than I would have liked for the business dinner we were having.
- Fun restaurant in great localOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/16/2012Fun restaurant in great local neighborhood shopping center, in Del Mar Heights/Carmel Valley area. Great sightseeing for 'cougars', food okay, not great. Pricy for food value. Very loud, hard to hear others in group. Better for bar scene than as a dinner choice.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I tried thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012My boyfriend and I tried this place based off the recommendation from a friend and I had recently been to another restaurant owned by Brian Malarkey recently that was amazing. First off, the menu and interior of the restuarant are like nothing I have ever seen before. It's so well decorated and ties the themes of asian and western together so beautifully. It's an incredible restaurant to just look around at. As for the menu, since it's a fusion style restaurant, my boyfriend and I were unfamiliar with pretty much everything. So we asked the waitress to tell us the top 4 small bite items and top 2 drinks and just followed her recommendations. SHE DID NOT LEAD US ASTRAY! The food and drinks were so unique and delicious! Amazing food!Special Features:
- Dinner & a MovieOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2012My husband and I went to Burlap before seeing Argo. It took a long time to get our appetizers which weren't very good. It wasn't my favorite spot but maybe I ordered the wrong appetizer items. Also, when we told the waiter that we needed to get out check in order to make our movie time he seemed a little pissed off. Overall I thought the restaurant was a tad pretentious.Special Features:
- Asian cowboy cuisine--a winning comEvaravesrantsVIPDined on 9/16/2012Fabulous food beautifully presented. Unusual combinations of flavorsuteut never jarring or unappetizing. Asian cowboy cuisine is definitely a winner.Special Features:
- Not excited. Carpet underOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2012Not excited. Carpet under our table smelled like old beer...Special Features:
- This restaurant is very over-rated.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2012This restaurant is very over-rated. It is very hip and happening, but there was nothing special about the food. I expected a lot better based on the hype surrounding this place. It wasn't bad, just nothing special.Special Features:
- Slightly pricy for the mealBirthdayGirlVIPDined on 8/18/2012Slightly pricy for the meal served but still an overall great experience. Waitress was very nice and answered all of our questions in detail... she know the menu well. The restaurant is a bit too noisy to enjoy a meal with friends, you have to yell across the table to get anything across.Special Features:
- I thought the food was onOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2012I thought the food was on par with PF Chang's but the ambiance and energy was great.Special Features:
- "Fabric" with a great bar sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/13/2012Been here several times; brunch, dinner, and just the bar. Very nice (though eclectic) atmosphere. Two bars are very nice with outdoor seating and a big fire pit. Not too noisy with a good DJ. Food is very tasty although the menu is small. There was live music at brunch. Lots of seating although can be SRO Fri/Sat after 10.Special Features:
- High Expectations, Low ResultsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/2/2012High Expectations, Low Results,....I have been wanting to come here for quite a while. My mistake,...I came on a slow Monday night, service was fine considering no one there but the food was either mis cooked (filet) or overcooked (Dynamite ... sea-bass ) Both entres are a pricey 38/32 dollars . The hamachi appetizer is over-powered with a slice of serrano chili pepper,..if you take it off, it was fine but four slices of sashimi for 14 dollars is no bargain.Also, I was hoping the atmosphere would overwhelm me but I felt like I was in a restaurant chain which could have been in any shopping center other than there is palm trees. So overall, I suggest if you want to overpay for mediocre atmosphere and no-top chef cooking, come directly to Bur
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2012This was my first time at Burlap and enjoyed the lunch experience. Great food and good beer and wine selection, made for a wonderful lunch experience.Special Features:
- Our waitress was so sweetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2012Our waitress was so sweet and attentive! The food portions were sooo small! We went to El Pollo Loco after dinner. Try the brussel sprouts.
- Overated!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2012Food was awesome and service was very good. Very loud restaurant and obnoxious patrons. Awesome sushi and dessertsSpecial Features:
- No thanks ....GolferGirlVIPDined on 4/19/2012Normally love Mularkey's places but this one doesn't cut it. Our waiter was downright rude to us all night. Ignored us for 20 minutes and then never did bring my friend his drink! The food was mediocre at best. It was so loud that the four of us couldn't talk across the table. Definitely won't return to this place!
- food is not good nor are theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2012food is not good nor are the custom drinks. I won't go back.Special Features:
- Super noisy environment, substandarOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 2/25/2012Super noisy environment, substandard food, waited 50 minutes to get our food and all for a big fee. Is the place to be seen if your cougar hunting, but foodies beware!
- Came for a special BirthdayLuckyJVIPDined on 2/23/2012Came for a special Birthday Celebration.....Although everything tasted great, there were some problems. We ordered Oysters First. They were delicious, but there were quite a few pieces of shells... ick. We then had shrimp, and one was not properly cleaned. We pointed these things out to our waiter. He was AWESOME. Service was pefect. Thinking maybe it was just a rushed night. I'll totally give it another shot, especially since Anthony Sinsay is now the Executive Chef!!! GO Burlap,GO!!!!!Special Features:
- Nothing to pinpoint. A littleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2012Nothing to pinpoint. A little too cool for school. Food good but not memorable. We don't need to go back.Special Features:
- The service was great, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011The service was great, but we found that the food needs some improvement. We found the food was overpriced and did not live up to our expectations.
- Consistently Inconsistent.sdGALVIPDined on 12/16/2011I've been to Burlap over half a dozen times and have found the food and the service to be inconsistent. Some menu items are very thoughtfully prepared and fantastic each time ordered - specifically the Phramen, sushi rolls, bone marrow and (Sunday brunch) sticky buns. Everything else from the eggs benedicts and cha-shu roast pork to the salads is either inconsistent in preparation and presentation (even when 3 people from the same party have ordered the item) to just poor in flavor combinations. The service is consistently mediocre. This Brian Malarkey restaurant is completely over-rated. Herringbone opened up recently and it's fabulous.Special Features:
- Our Hopes dashed: noise,staff, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/15/2011The overall experience here was poor. My friend and I consider ourselves total Foodies, and while what we ordered was good, the menu was confusing and the noise level was so distracting! Our server seemed aloof and bothered and we couldn't hear her anyway so we didn't ask enough questions to satisfy our curiosity. Two of our dishes were oustanding, the other two very boring, especially the sashimi. This would not be a good choice for quiet, intimate dining. The bar scene/singles crowd/groups were so loud and overpowering! The patio could be really fun and cute but it's still right on the street and the bar kind of spilled over out here on the night we dined. We had such high hopes and just came away disappointed.Special Features:
- Have been a few times andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/8/2011Have been a few times and prefer seersucker. It just seems too noisy and while the food is enjoyable it is hard to socialise properly. As a bar great, but i am kind of over it.Special Features:
- Food was great and so wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/2/2011Food was great and so was the service. The place was really loud. Not a good place for a romantic dinner but great for a group of friends to go and have yummie food and drinks :)Special Features:
- New Carmel Valley Hotspot.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/2/2011New Carmel Valley Hotspot. Food is "interesting" but the bill adds up quickly on this family style "chinese-cowboy" fusion place. Definitely "cougar-ville" as my wife pointed out. So if you are a single guy enjoy. Now with great competition from Davanti and Mia Francessca lets see if Burlap maintains its status
- Top notch all the way! GoodCarmenDined on 8/24/2011Top notch all the way! Good size portions and friendly, happy staff! The outdoor Koi pond is absoulutly gorgeous and the outdoor bar area is fabulous with it's large beautiful bar.Special Features: