Searsucker North County/ Del Mar
12995 El Camino Real Suite 21
San Diego, CA 92130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Searsucker North County/ Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.searsucker.com/
- Phone: 8583695700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday 5:00pm- 9:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 4:30pm-6:30pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:00 am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Brian Malarkey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music 8-10pm every Friday & Saturday Night in the bar & lounge!
- Special Events: For private event inquiries, please contact Mikki@ehgrp.com
A word from Searsucker North County/ Del Mar
Searsucker's atmosphere is relaxed and inviting with an emphasis on approachable and unpretentious dishes. The New American Classic menu features everything from comfort food with unexpected ingredients to lighter coastal fare. The space includes stylish decor that is both modern and rustic, comfy sofas and a firepit in the open back bar area for guests to sip and socialize, and a private dining room that can hold up to 48 people. The music, lighting and layout of the space creates a one-of-a-kind social dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Searsucker North County/ Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)great for outdoor dining (44)special occasion (36)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (22)romantic (20)hot spot (19)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (13)late-night find (9)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Good SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Amazing food, can't really go wrong here. Had a pretty wide sampling of their food during restaurant week, loved all of it. Service is a little awkward , but all and all pretty goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very delicious food!foodie4funDined on 9/28/2014I was impressed with the dishes I ordered, quite tasty! I would have like to have more options for Restaurant Week though. The dessert was good, but not great.Special Features:
- Great Friday Night!JlovtodineDined on 9/26/2014Service was excellent for being so busy- fun atmosphere, great people all having a great time! What a great place to spend after a hard working week. Cocktails amazing! Food has so many delicious flavors, loved each coarse. Cant wait to go back next Friday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceTrymeDined on 9/24/2014The food was good, especially the short rib. Service was excellent, a little pricey, but good for a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014Great food, great service! Superb dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieNdisguiseDined on 9/23/2014Went for restaurant week. Ordered the octopus, hanger steak and s'more dessert. The octopus was ok. It was sort of a ragout. The ahi poke looked better. Then I ordered my hanger steak medium rare and it arrived more on the med well side. Not the best steak, but the fries were good. The s'mores dessert was ok. Pretty presentation, but nothing to write home about. We will probably give it another chance. The patio was great. ice lighting and koi pond. The service was friendly. Maybe just ordered the wrong things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food / light and openMIssMDined on 9/23/2014The food was great, even on the restaurant week menu. Portions were perfect, not too small or big. Like the light open feel. Staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just goTravelerDined on 9/20/2014The service was great and the menu excellent. I was confused with a few items on the menu but the staff answered all my questions and my waiter's suggestion were spot on. Just going there for the shredded pork will make your mouth water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a friendDodgerDined on 9/3/2014Met an old friend for lunch. Our service was very good and not intrusive. The food was well prepared and quite good. We stayed for a long chat and did not get that 'ushered' out feeling at all. Lovely leisurely lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cobb Saladstarcandy07Dined on 9/3/2014I enjoyed the cobb salad and grilled bread for lunch. It had lots of great flavors and wasn't overdressed and the blue cheese was in the dressing which I prefer vs. big chunks of cheese. It had just the right amount of applewood smoked bacon, avocado, hard boiled egg, etc. We had some special dietary needs in our party of 3 and the server was extremely patient and courteous about accommodating her as best he could (which wasn't easy).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank goodness for previous visitsTallFishDined on 8/30/2014If I hadn't dined at Searsucker many times, I would not visit again based on this experience alone. I had the Flat Iron Steak- medium rare. I had to remove a number of pieces from my mouth because it was so sinewy I could not chew it completely. Nearly choked on the smallest of bites. The mashed potatoes and mushrooms were INCREDIBLY salty. My husband had the Hanger Steak- cooked medium, it was tough. He said it was, "like chewing gum...similar to eating at Sizzler...the sauce was like molasses". Also, the server and kitchen were unwilling to do simple substitutions to two of four dishes. Again, if I didn't LOVE my past dining at Searsucker (this and other locations) I'd never return. Duck Fat Fries (appetizer) were divine.Special Features:
- Local faveChestersMomDined on 8/23/2014This was my 3rd visit to Searsucker Del Mar and it is my new local favorite. This visit was to celebrate a promotion at work and I brought my mom out to celebrate with me. We were seated as soon as we walked in the door and given drink and dinner menus. Our server was excellent and he took the time to explain to mom how everything was prepared so she could make her dinner selection. We shared the calamari, mom had the chicken and I had the flat iron steak. Everything we ordered was perfect, the service was outstanding and we had a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bathrooms were filthyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Service was good and the decor was interesting. A couple of major issues. Not a place for a romantic evening. Noise level was very high throughout entire place. Inside or out. Public bathrooms at a road stop would be cleaner that the bathrooms at searsucker.Special Features:
- nanygaardDined on 8/19/2014We dined at Seersucker for our Anniversary celebration. The food was wonderful. The presentation and the staff were lovely. They have a very pretty patio with a large koi pond. The overall decor is very nice. Great for private parties, large parties or an Anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Somewhat IrritatingQCommVIPDined on 8/19/2014Not a well run business. Chaos. Lethargy and indifference. Some dishes can be good…hit and miss. More of a bar than a restaurant. I give this place another year...
- Almost outstandinglovefoodDined on 8/17/2014We had a group of six people for brunch on a Sunday afternoon. We all loved the character of the place and there was live music which was nice (though sometimes hard to talk over). Five of the six of us loved our meals. The French Toast was wonderful as were the stuffed zucchini blossoms! The crab 'benny' was not eatable. We noticed another table had sent theirs back.Special Features:
- Let downsabrinaVIPDined on 8/15/2014I always love the ambiance when I peek in, but lunch IS NOT the time to go. It is dead!!!
- Where was everyone?SeenitalldinerDined on 8/10/2014We had dinner a bit later because of ours or time and were surprised to see the parking lot and restaurant nearly empty. It was Sunday but also summer. Nothing wrong with food or service (other than not being that great on Gluten Free which I have found at other Malarky restaurants, who puts gluten in sorbet??), but the ghost town feel was a bit if a bummer for my husbands birthday dinner. I had avoided this place for years bc of the "meat market" rep so was surprised to see it this way.
- First time hereDiningwithfriendsDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. No problem getting a reservation at 6:15 & we were seated immediately. Our server was excellent. She was very friendly & answered all of our questions about the menu. Based on her descriptions, my husband made his choice (the pork butt) & loved it!! He was still singing the praises on the drive home. Dessert menus weren't shoved at us, but our server had them ready when we asked. Drinks were always refreshed quickly. I had been hesitant about trying this restaurant but we will definitely be returning, maybe just not on a Saturday night because once the music started, it was to difficult to carry on a conversation, even at our table for 4. The music was why the Ambience only got 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short LunchIlikesteakDined on 8/7/2014Although the lunch menu is somewhat short. The selection are quite good. I had the soft shell crab sandwich, very good. It appears the dinner menu is more extensive. Next time, I'll go for dinner.Special Features:
- Below Average FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/5/2014I've given them a couple chances because I want to like this place but the food just isn't good.
- Brian Malarkey doesn't disappointNorthCountyFoodyDined on 7/30/2014The food: Scrumptious, although the menu seemed a bit limited The service: Really, really good. Our server was friendly and informative without hovering The atmosphere: Didn't really get the searsucker motif. Burlap was super cool and Searsucker is sort of non-descript. The hostess station: Three ghouls greeted us. They looked as though their faces would crack if they tried to smile. They looked at us as though we were taking up their time. Not any kind of good first impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondweeatalloverDined on 7/25/2014This place exceeds our expectations every time we dine here.Special Features:
- SearsuckerCathiDined on 7/24/2014The restaurant has a modern, yet welcoming feel. The terrace is a nice place for small bites & cocktails. Offering the cheddar puffs gratis is a nice touch & they are delicious. The menu is not overwhelming but offers interesting choices. One can also experiment with new and unusual drink selections. Altogether I would recommend this restaurant & I would return with friends.Special Features:
- Good Food, Terrible ServiceSocalgirlVIPDined on 7/23/2014While the food is good, it's not worth enduring the bad service that we have had on numerous dining experiences at this restaurant. This latest trip was no exception. There is no reason why it should take a server 15 minutes to greet a new table when the restaurant is virtually empty - then take 10 minutes to pick up drinks from the bar. Part of our order was unavailable and we were not informed by the server until AFTER our food arrived. Spoke to the manager before leaving. She bashed the new owners. We were given a gift card but I will not return. Horrible experience.
- Not going backFifinDined on 7/23/2014Menu said all day happy hour on Wednesday, but server said "only afternoon" all day. Since when "all day" means half day? Did not have dessert menu and took 10 minutes to bring the only dessert. Food was eehh.. Nothing special. Disappointing overall.
- fabulous nighttrackfoodieDined on 7/19/2014I would recommend this place to anyone that loves food. Each of our dishes were amazing, but most of all the wait staff made us feel at home. Their attention to detail and their suggestion were spot on. The shrimp and grits was to die for. This is one restaurant that you need to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Seersucker Del MarSeersuckerDined on 7/15/2014I took my daughter for a birthday dinner with her brother & a friend. We all liked the food we ordered very much. The staff seemed disappointed that we didn't order alcohol drinks or dessert. Would go again for a special occasion as the prices are high.Special Features:
- Not good for business lunchTabbyVIPDined on 6/30/2014I have had business lunches 3x in the past two months. Every time, service was painfully slow. They don't staff enough waiters for lunch.
- Noise level was an auditory assaultmineDined on 6/28/2014The food was artfully prepared. I had the scallops and the strawberry salad. Both were amazing. Also, the server was incredible. Prices were normal for the area. I asked for the scallops to be prepared medium and they were spot on. However, we will not be back because of the noise level. I think that this is intended for a late night bar scene instead of a restaurant. In fact, the noise hits you the moment you walk in the door. I believe this owner also owned it when it was Burlap, and Burlap also suffered from this same problem. Go here if you have a first date, or are not a big talker, that way you don't have to worry about straining to hear each other speak over the noise level.Special Features:
- Sear-iously differentHognatherDined on 6/28/2014Combination in the dishes is unique and surprising. I like the unexpected. Good staff. I'd consider it hip but if your a downtown hip person not the same area of San Diego Delmar chillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not close to the originalmooser23VIPDined on 6/27/2014We were on vacation to San Diego and searsucker downtown is a favorite. We ate there on Tueaday and it was stellar. The del mar restaurant is a poor imitation. The Hamachi was warm, my son's steak was over cooked... but the big issue is we have a 45 minute wait between first course and second. This place does not have the quality or attention to detail of the original. Go downtown.
- Love this restaurantfoodishappinessDined on 6/27/2014First time eating at the one in Del Mar and it was not a disappointment. Amazing food, vibrant scene, and friend staff. It is trendy and hip. Reminiscent of the great places in Williamsburg.Special Features:
- Not What I Asked ForBbontaDined on 6/23/2014I was disappointed that the hostesses disregarded my specific request to be seated at a table "away" from the bar in a quieter area of the restaurant... They sat us right next to the bar under a speaker. My fiance asked for us to be re-seated, which the were happy to. Once we were moved, the atmosphere was very enjoyable. Our server was polite but seemed not too enthused with serving us. We will definitely go again. the food was worth it.Special Features:
- Dessert was a miss, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/22/2014Dinner was actually amazing. Salmon, steak, mussels, drinks... all wonderful. Then we chose a dessert. We had tried a few previously and none had been great. We went for the berry crumble. Total miss, unfortunately. Is that enough to bring the whole rating down a star?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!MimizDined on 6/20/2014My dinner companion and I sat outside on the covered patio, near the koi pond. We were immediately served water and asked if we wanted to start with any drinks. We spent some time going over the wine list and the menu and found so many wonderful choices that it was almost hard to choose. They offered a three course option for $35, which gave you a choice of starter, entrée, and dessert. I asked our server for a recommendation on wine basted on our choices, and she made an excellent selection! All in all, great venue, great food, great wine, and great service. I'll definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingelandelsbVIPDined on 6/20/2014I have some strict nutritional guidelines at the moment, and the staff and kitchen could not have been nicer - they accommodated my needs, and tailored my meal without question. Much appreciated.Special Features:
- SearsuckerSanDiegoeaterDined on 6/15/2014The highlight of the meal was the service. The food was very good but the service made the evening better. Be aware that this is a higher price point for several reasons, including the quality of the ingredients, the neighborhood it is in and the decor/ambience of the facility. The restaurant probably does justify the price point but in a competitive market, it will need to do more to stand out, in terms of food. I'm not sure if the reason is due to the current clientele or not, but there wasn't anything that really stood out in terms of pushing the limits of creativity. It seemed to me they were trying to play it safe with the menu which I don't really blame them for. Hint: the duck fat fries were excellent.Special Features:
- great food great ambianceeatingoutisfunDined on 6/15/2014Father's Day dinner couldn't have been more perfect. Food was on point, the service was just perfect and very knowledgeable. I enjoyed my meal and will be returning for another shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!indocynVIPDined on 6/14/2014This was our first experience at the Del Mar Searsucker location. We've been to the downtown one many times. Very similar menu items, everything very good. I docked one star on the food specifically for the brussels sprouts... they have a better version at the downtown location.Special Features:
- The following 185 reviews are from the Searsucker North County/ Del Mar reviews archive.