415 Colorado Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.searsucker.com/
- Phone: 5123948000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brian Malarkey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Kelley Bolender 4803278883x
A word from Searsucker Austin
Enlightened Hospitality Group brings the Fabric of Social Dining to the south. After opening it's doors in 2013, Searsucker has been keeping Austin weird with it's unique take on New American Cuisine, and fun social atmosphere for any dining occasion.Continued
Architect Thomas Schoos has designed this Farm to Table venue to bring his award winning vision to the venue, overhauling and re-designing the 7,000 square-foot space.
Architect Thomas Schoos has designed this Farm to Table venue to bring his award winning vision to the venue, overhauling and re-designing the 7,000 square-foot space.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Searsucker Austin - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Searsucker Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (105)good for groups (102)hot spot (82)special occasion (61)vibrant bar scene (59)great for brunch (40)great for lunch (25)romantic (20)late-night find (17)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (8)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Add Searsucker to your list!JojoDined on 10/17/2014Delicious- don't over order. Brussel sprouts, steaks, duck fat french fries a must. Friendly bartenders and spacious spot. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Awesome time!NITAPDined on 10/9/2014Went there for birthday party. Great cocktails and food. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Good atmosphere and service, but...FoodaholicVIPDined on 10/6/2014Not sure what all the fuss is about with the food at Searsucker. Other reviewers raved about it...but we were challenged to find something that sounded good. Most meals were enjoyed but not noteworthy, however mine was borderline awful, at least the accompaniments. Ordered the Pork Chop (a HUGE portion, by the way...enough for two!), but the accompanying cauliflower concoction tasted like sawdust and vinegar, while the plated greens tasted unwashed and saturated in a weak vinaigrette. The service at Searsucker was, however, outstanding and attentive without being intrusive, and the cocktails and were simply divine, especially the Smores Bar. Yum!Special Features:
- Noise levelCarrie16VIPDined on 10/3/2014I always feel like its too loud and I have to yell. Plus the tables are close together so I feel like everyone hears my conversation and vice versa.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new finding in AustinLovetoeatoutonOpenTableDined on 10/3/2014We were visiting the Austin area for a college and saw this new restaurant close to the Marriott and two blocks from the 6th street crowd. It was Friday at 6:00pm and it was quiet, but soon picked up but we could hold a conversation without yelling. The waitress, Lela, was informative and made great recommendations. I started off with the new fashion, which was perfect to start out the night. Chili mac was very spicy, the duck fat fries were perfect and the pork belly was very tasty. The risotto was to die for and the pork but was fantastic with good flavors. There is just so many things that looked wonderful it was hard to choose from the starts to the tapas to the entrees. Will definitely be back the next time we are in Austin.Special Features:
- Great Find!eatinginaustinDined on 9/26/2014This was the second time I have been to Searsucker so wanted to write another review for this visit. My first visit was a five star rating. This time, everything was great as well except my entree. I ordered the Tuna. It was slightly burned on the outside from the searing and tasted like a tough skin. I had to use my knife to cut it. The dish lacked overall flavor. I would not recommend this dish.Special Features:
- UniqueStuartKVIPDined on 9/25/2014I always enjoy something different. The most unbelievable fries we have ever had, thanks to the Duck! Can't wait to go back and try something else, differentSpecial Features:
- Very welcoming!512EaterVIPDined on 9/24/2014There is a definite Austun vibe here. But unlike some places that take casual to the extreme, Searsucker has the perfect balance. Can't believe I waited so long to visit! I'm very excited to go to the brunch now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchTheluDined on 9/21/2014Bloody Mary Sundays is how I describe my brunching goal. The cocktail at Searsucker was short. Plenty of vodka but not enough "cocktail". I do appreciate it was simple and delicious. Shrimp and grits were good but a little too garlicky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthdaymrskiss315Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went to Searsucker for my birthday. We like to try different places every year and this was a good one! The ceviche was good, but a little tart for my taste. The steak and potatos amazing, the fried brussel sprouts reaffirmed my love of cooking them that way. The best was the dessert...smores bar! My new favorite rave! In addition, I am a huge Top Chef fan and it was cool to know that the original Searsucker in CA was opened by Brian Malarke! A do again if we decide to ever repeat.Special Features:
- Great food, lively atmosphereGeorgiaDinerDined on 9/19/2014Seersucker was a great find in a town with lots of good restaurants. The short ribs and eggs and bacon small bites were fabulous and all our entrees - snapper, fried chicken, yellow fin - all more than satisfied. Two not so good things - the wine list and the service. Both were lacking. Our server was not very attentive to us and that marred an otherwise perfect dinner out. But even with those (small) imperfections I'd go back to seersucker on another trip to Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Searsucker great for occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014They knocked it out of the park for my mother's birthday. Great service, best steak I've ever had, and great desserts. The salmon is also very tasty here, but the duck was a little too chewy and I had to leave half the meat which was the only disappointment. I'm sure they would've set it right had I said anything, but personally I was already pretty stuffed at that point (was given half my mother's steak) and was leaving room for dessert (which was delicious).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Good atmosphere, good food, service was average ...
- Decor amazing. Music too loudFoodyVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food is also just ok. The pepper bacon was delicious but the other food was not that impressive. On top of that, portions were too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Yummy4mytummyDined on 9/13/2014Our first time at Searsucker did not disappoint! Yummy shrimp, filet & scallops! Our waiter was attentive but not bothersome. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Delicious and FunKristinDined on 9/6/2014I've gone twice recently, both for large groups. We entertained some foreign co-workers here and also hosted a large birthday dinner. It is my new favorite place. The food is amazing, the drinks are hard not to chug, and the ambiance is perfect. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Very good all around ...foodie4everDined on 9/5/2014Our first time here ... it was all good. Service=very good; food=outstanding; atmosphere=good (but too loud as the evening went on, the spillover sound from the bar to the dining room was overwhelming). We tried several appetizers, all very good. Two entrees, the blackened drum and the duck, both outstanding!!! Our server was really good, and helped us work our way through the menu. Portions are generous, we wished we would have had two more at our table to help with the servings!! Too full for dessert this time, we'll catch that next time around!! We loved the experience, we'll be back.Special Features:
- Bad service, boring burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Chose Searsucker for staff member's going away lunch on Sept 5th. 11 of us. Was encouraged by the ambiance and large table in the back, nice lighting, vibe, etc... problems began with a very aloof waiter, slow and infrequent check-ins, slow drink order delivery, limited lunch menu -- burger was small and boring, regardless of its many accouterments, patty was dwarfed by bun, onion jam blah, cheese barely detectable. Chorizo corn chowder was good. Waiters walk slowly with disaffected scowls. Wanted to like this place... but it was a frustratingly long and disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Great food, lackluster serviceAustintouristVIPDined on 8/31/2014A friend and I visited Searsucker for Sunday brunch. We both enjoyed our cocktails immensely -- I had the blueberry basil mimosa and it was delicious. Our entrees were also great; everything was fresh and well prepared. Our server, however, was almost nonexistent, and frankly seemed a little annoyed to have us there. We came at 11 and were gone by 11:45, so it's not as though we were monopolizing table space. The gentleman who was filling up waters and helping to clear tables was way more engaging and helpful; he ended up explaining a few menu items to us in the absence of our server. Give him a raise!Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACELonghornEaterVIPDined on 8/31/2014The food, setting and food are ridiculous, always a great time and filling meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!eatinginaustinDined on 8/30/2014This was our first time to Searsucker. The food was fresh and delicious. I had the Snapper. It was cooked perfectly and over a nice assortment of baby vegetables. My husband had the Filet. It was cooked perfectly for him (medium rare). The restaurant was full and lively. It was a great dining experience. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- fantastic!newlywedsDined on 8/29/2014We came in after we eloped to have a nice dinner. The staff, food, and drink were unbelievable. Hands down, the best restaurant service we have ever had. My steak was cooked to perfection, and it was an excellent cut. The appetizers and side items were equally delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/28/2014I loved my experience at Searsucker San Diego, so I was excited about visiting the Austin location. It lacked the same energetic vibe, the service was lacking (I'm all about lingering and enjoying my meal, but awkward gaps waiting to get a drink, place an order, etc just left us feeling forgotten), and the food was over-salted. We ordered a 2012 bottle of wine (better vintage for the region) and he brought out a 2011 - we mentioned it, but didn't want to wait another 15 minutes for a new bottle - a little disappointing. Had the duck, filet, caesar salad, grits and pork belly - all good, but I won't be rushing back.Special Features:
- Don't go-abysmal experienceabysmalDined on 8/26/2014This was expensive for the level of service offered and the restaurant was not crowded. The wait staff was inattentive and acted put out to have to bus tables or take your order. Stay home and don't waste your time or money.
- One of our favs in AustinOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2014We have been to Searsucker a few times and each time it lives up to our lofty expectations. Food is great and the drinks are great (if a little light on the alcohol) and the service has always been outstanding. We highly recommend it!
- Surprisingly fabDresomosoDined on 8/23/2014Food, service and timing was all spot on. A great team and food was hot and fresh. Not to much and not to little to pick from. Definite date night material.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed on this second visitluv2networkDined on 8/23/2014My husband & I invited another couple for dinner because we had such a good experience the first time we ate dinner at Searsucker. Unfortunately, this time was a huge disappointment. My husband requested his Hanger Butcher Steak be cooked Medium Rare; it arrived Well Done, too tough to eat. He had to send the entire dinner back & he did not have an entrée. The waiter took his Steak away with hardly an apology. The husband of the other couple ordered the Summer Risotto & the rice was hard & not delicious. My husband had also ordered a second Manhattan drink to arrive with dinner & the waiter brought it after we were all finished with dinner. The Steak was taken off the check but my husband had to ask that the second Manhattan be removed.Special Features:
- The last superOsoYummYDined on 8/21/2014This was our last super celebration with our kids aka our last fun night before going back to school . We all really enjoyed it the service was great and food was fab!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie menu doesn't disappointFabulousGirlsDined on 8/17/2014Started off with cocktails for our party of 3 - all of them delicious and refreshing. After learning 3 of the specific menu items we came to try weren't available, we ordered the artichoke small to start which was incredible. For entrees we had snapper, scallops and duck. Beautiful presentation and prepared to perfection. Delish. Small complaint about duck - the breast portion could have been cooked a little more, it was just a touch " flabby" to taste. While the food was great the ambiance wasn't. It is a giant space and a total of 4 tables being served. So we felt like we were in a empty warehouse for dinner. Also, the lighting was fairly bright. Service was good but not great. I will go back for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food/drinks, lose the ropemazzydanDined on 8/17/2014We had a fantastic brunch, great food, drinks and service, except for one thing...dust from the ropes above kept dropping down into our drinks and food. I get its part of the motif but it seems like if you aren't going to clean them regularly you should probably take them down. We will definitely be back and this time just asked to be seated away from those dusty details.Special Features:
- Kjh1VIPDined on 8/16/2014There were a few children at the restaraunt, but this is definitely not a place for children! Parents, please be considerate of the rest of us who either paid for a babysitter or have already raised our children and want to enjoy an evening and an enjoyable dining experience. The food was delicious as always, and the management and staff were awesome-so fun and such good sports!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great atmospherehungrydudeDined on 8/15/2014I had the NY Strip and it was quite amazing. The seared spices on the outside were okay, but overall the steak was amazing. The Jalapeno tequila drink was delicious.Special Features:
- Not impressedCBDDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014While the service was quite good and friendly, the food really disappointed. I do not recommend it and do not plan on going back. We eat out a lot and try many different eateries in the CBD (where we live) as well as surrounding areas. This venture was disappointing.
- Superior Service and Supper.FoodieplusoneDined on 8/11/2014Not to mention the setting and surroundings. Just wow! Highly recommend the Brussel sprouts appetizer and the Effen Fresh cocktail. The food tastes as clever as the names of the cocktails. What Austinite wouldn't love a place with a drink called 'Alright, alright, alright'?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotfoodismyfriendDined on 8/10/2014After eyeing this place since it's opened, we FINALLY made it to Sunday brunch. The food was fantastic, and you can't beat the brunch drinks! (I can't say I have had a better tasting chicken fried steak in this lifetime). We ate early into the brunch, and the DJ was perfect. Nice mix for a fun boost, but not too loud. Admittedly we circled back for more mimosas after our meal, and it was an entirely different place. I felt like we were in Vegas - quite happening for the young and beautiful crowd!Special Features:
- SearsuckerMalexNavDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I love this place. We bring all of our out-of-town guests here. The food is amazing and the drinks are fresh and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, needs work on small stuLeLeDDined on 8/3/2014The food was amazing, our server was amazing - the only thing I wasn't impressed with was one tiny touch. When I made the reservations, I noted that it was my husband's 40th birthday. No one acknowledged my husband's birthday at all. It was a little disappointing.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in AustinCanadiansnowmanDined on 8/2/2014If you are looking for the most complete restaurant experience - look no further. Searsucker is the best farm to table prepared restaurant on the planet. The service is simply the best also. The best !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit priceystarshineDined on 7/31/2014I think it was a bit pricey for what you recieved. The lunchbox was a good deal, but tomatoe soup was very ketchup like. I got the bowl of soup of the day which was smaller than the soup served with the lunch box. It was medium at best, but the atmosphere and the service made up for it. We got three glasses of wine at 14 a glass, but was good wine. 96.00 was a bit much for an hour lunch, but was with my best friend and had a good time, but will warn others to be ready to dig deep in their pockets.Special Features:
- Terrific cocktails and great foodCDHoustonVIPDined on 7/30/2014My partner and I came in for a late dinner on a Wednesday evening. The restaurant had a decent crowd for the day and time. We were promptly seated and provided water and some really tasty mini-biscuits. We had some really delicious crab hushpuppies for a starter. I ordered a steak (perfectly cooked, although the bottom was quite charred) and my partner had sea bass and we shared a side of brussels sprouts. Both meals were excellent. We really enjoyed the food. And on top of that, the cocktails were absolutely delicious. The only negative was that the service was just average. It was ok on a late night Wednesday shift, but I would be wary of a busier time.Special Features: