411 Piermont Road
Closter, NJ 07624Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://searhouse.com/
- Phone: 2012924612
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm,
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 3:00pm – 10:00pm,
Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 2:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: With spaces for parties from 10 to 300, Searhouse can accommodate all you private party needs. From celebrations with family and friends to corporate events, weddings, bat mitzvah, communions, graduations, baby showers, bridal showers, Searhouse is the ideal location for your next private event
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8779267889
- Entertainment: Come join us on Wednesdays and Thursdays, we have Live Music
- Special Events: Please contact us for any inquiries regarding Private Parties. We have space to host Events from 10ppl to 250 ppl
A word from Searhouse
Come join us at Searhouse - our Steaks are Prime dry-aged in-house for 28 days and simply melt in your mouth. Our chef brings 20 years of Peter Lugers experience - from dry aging, butchering, and grilling to perfection. We also offer an incredible selection of fresh Seafood and other delights. The Searhouse is an ultra modern restaurant with 2 floors. Once inside you will notice all the glass that surrounds the restaurant. There is a lounge with a state of the art fireplace that has become a conversation centerpiece. Upstairs there is a dining room available for private parties. Stop by the Searhouse and see what all of New Jersey has been talking about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Searhouse - Best Restaurants in Closter ›
Searhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)good for groups (33)great for outdoor dining (33)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (30)fit for foodies (27)hot spot (25)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (16)late-night find (13)scenic view (10)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Service not up the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was very good with a nice variety on the menu for a steakhouse. The service on a busy Saturday night left a lot to be desired. It started off with a 10 minute wait in the driveway for the valet to clear the cars so we could pull in. Then we were seated in a side room and asked if they were sure that they could serve here well. After assurances of "don't worry", we sat waiting several times for drinks to come.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We have been there before and had no problems. We had to wait at least 20 mins to order DessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2014This is an expensive restaurant so I would only go there for special occasions. The food was very good and the waiter was great too. The wine list was good but very expensive - they could use adding a few cheaper bottles to the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous As UsualMrsZakDined on 9/6/2014Every dining experience at Sear is better than the last - ALWAYS!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedSteakhouseJunkieDined on 9/6/2014Having eaten at many steakhouses, found this one not to be impressive. First basics, white napkins only, with people wearing black...isn't this a 101 of fine dining? Put me next to the kitchen when the place was empty...your best table? Food was okay, steaks are big so if you want a filet be prepared to make it 13 oz, as there is nothing smaller on the menu. Seafood tower was skimpy, one piece of each type of seafood per person. Chains like Mortons and Capital Grill are better than this place.Special Features:
- Great steakhouse!SasrjsDined on 9/6/2014This resturant is an upscale steakhouse with reasonable prices. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- ExellentAwesomeVIPDined on 9/3/2014Great food awesome service, I be back with more friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations?TibsterDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is in a very upscale area in NNJ. The food was very good. We had the bone-in Fillet served on a sizzling plate. It was cooked to perfection. My escargot appetizer was unique by being delivered in a red, mildly spicy, sauce instead of the usual butter, garlic and puff pastry. The escargot was delicious and not overcooked or chewy. Wait staff was also attentive without being pushy and the house cabernet went well with the meal. So why just the three stars? We had made reservations and did arrive a little early. No tables were available so they quickly brought out tables, set them up for us and the couple behind us but in an inconvenient, high traffic area. Not well managed for a $100+ per person setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nyr7VIPDined on 8/29/2014Food and service was awful. Great terrace for New Jersey but awful over all.
- SpectacularAwesomeVIPDined on 8/27/2014The food was amazing and the service was professional. I had ribeye steak and it was one of the best steaks I had in a while, I also had 2 sides mac and cheese and sauted asparagus uuummm yummy. My wife had the branzino filet it was also very good and very fresh, we will deffinetly be back and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/20/2014Our dinner was not only wonderful but the wine selection was equally as good. While the menu had a very large selection I was surprised to see there was even specials which made every choice just as hard. The wait staff was very attentive and by judging the other customers, I don't think we were the only satisfied ones. Very nice. If you have a problem with your meal or something is wrong, don't sit there and not say anything this staff wants to fix it. I will be back again, with no problem. I was shocked that this place wasn't full as good as it is, but, it was Wednesday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding lunchABBYBDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed lunch on a Friday. The restaurant was not very crowded. We enjoyed the Caesar salad and french onion soup to start. Followed by the filet migon which was tender. The creme brulee was a nice ending. We will be back.Special Features:
- An Evening At SearTastyDined on 8/13/2014We come to Sear to celebrate special occasions. The experience at Sear makes itself the occasion as well. The welcoming person at the front door makes us feel special and the care with which we are treated at our table continues that feeling. The decor and beauty of the booths create a feeling of privacy and comfort. We request a booth when making reservations because it becomes a place all our own to relax and enjoy each others' company. Thank you for our "special occasions" go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always terrfiicOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/13/2014better than any NYC steakhouse. been to them all. love the bone in filet (not on the menu) and the hash browns are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A carnivores delightrestauranteur22Dined on 8/10/2014Came here for the steaks! And well, they were cooked to perfection and had a great aray of sides to choose from. Loved the rooftop seating!Special Features:
- LUCILLE & FRANKfrankVIPDined on 8/10/2014WENT ON SUNDAY AROUND 6:30PM, GOT SEATED RIGHT AWAY, SERVICE GOOD, FOOD VERY GOOD SAT UPSTAIRS ON THE NEW DECK, NICE TO BE IN THE OPEN AIR. WILL BE BACK , AND WOULD RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great roof topOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/4/2014Great roof top something different the food was excellent my steak came perfectly cocked and tender garlick mash very good to Definetly will be back very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodNanBDined on 8/2/2014Sear House has great food, whether it is beef, fish or pasta. The decor is upscale..service excellent and we were never rushed.Special Features:
- Good ambience... decent foodJokah17VIPDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed the look and feel of Sear but the food taste and quality fell a bit short for the price. Oysters were great, the burrata in the special app was below average and the Branzino entree was lacking flavor and disappointing as well. Nice place but I won't be anxious to return until the food quality improves.
- Fantastic Food/ Friendly AtmosphereCaraVIPDined on 7/31/2014Our neighborhood favorite spot. We love everything about this place, from the warm greeting of the owners, to the friendly bar tenders and the delicious food. It's pricey for dinner, but everything from steak, fish, sushi and appetizers are all top notch and delicious. The new rooftop is a bit of a scene, but a nice escape in an area where outdoor dining options are lacking. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Always a fun nightBergenFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014We enjoy dining here even more now with the opening of the beautiful roof deck. The owners are absolutely lovely people who go out of their way to make sure everyone is happy and that the restaurant is running as it should. The food is excellent-we dont only eat here for the steak. The sushi is consistently delicious. This past visit we had a new server who needed some help with his timing but it did not detract from our evening. As mentioned, the management and others working at Sear ensure that you leave satisfied!Special Features:
- Great service and foodAwesomeVIPDined on 7/20/2014The service is one of the best features in this place, the food is amazing too, but service is solid, there are few old school waiters here who really make u feel comfortable and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeAwesomeVIPDined on 7/15/2014I got to begin by thanking all sear house team for great service and exellent food, moreover the bartender Zen is one of the most knowledgeable people I seen in a while, and his personality is friendly and warm. Furthermore, the food is impeccable porterhouse for one was excellent and mac and cheese is really amazing, o my God. I will deffinetly be back and bring more people and hang out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I've been here several times recently. The steaks are first rate, aged in house, and perfectly prepared and presented. The wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable. While it's not inexpensive, the food, service, and ambience are well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good diner at roof topOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/10/2014We had reservation for 2 we dined at the rooftop great job on the patio ,we had a great time. For appetizer we had grilled calamari with beacon and spicy tuna roll. For main course we had tuna from the specials and rib eye steak it was delicious we finished our dinner with coffe and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!!MrsZakDined on 7/9/2014Everything, from the moment you arrive until you get your car back from valet, is PERFECT!! Food was amazing, service was impeccable, the ambience was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Anniversary DinnerBarryNewJerseyDined on 7/7/2014Tried Searhouse for Anniversary, based on reviews. We were not disappointed. While a little expensive, our dinner was incredible. Creative dishes presented in beautiful fashion. Food was exquisite. Certainly recommend it. Has to be one of the best restaurants in Northern New JerseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice roof topOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/1/2014We had dinner at the new roof top that jest opend we loved it great job the food was good as all the time very consisted my steak was delicious and juicy the hashbrown are the best here Definetly will be back very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent anniversary dinnerExpatInNJDined on 6/30/2014Dined on the upstairs outdoor deck for our anniversary dinner. We were seated promptly and were served quickly all night - perhaps too quickly. Could be my perception, but it felt like you had a split second to answer the server when they came around or you were out of luck and they'd move on to what was next. The food was fairly good. Side dishes (mac and cheese and creamed spinach) have bold flavours, which help make up for the very (too?) simply seasoned grilled meat. The entrees came with salad, but it arrived before the proteins... unless you want to plow your way through a plate of just meat, you will want to order a side dish. Enjoyed it enough, but would return to other places for a special occasion before Searhouse, I think.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service!MD1975Dined on 6/29/2014Tried this restaurant for a special occasion, had heard the food was very good. It did not disappoint. The server made great personal recommendations - including the tomahawk steak for 2 which was outstanding. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Graduation dinner for 20.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014Since our son loves steak we took a chance booking a table for 20 at Searhouse. We had not been there before and knew nobody who had done either. We were in a private room just outside the bar that was comfortable and quiet-ish. We ordered from the prix fixe menu as we had a time limit. The meal was actually delicious and all of our guests enjoyed their food and said they would definitely go there again. There was no music in the room, so it lacked some atmosphere. The lighting was also poor and the center of the large table empty. They could use a little design help on the details. Otherwise it worked out well and we had a great evening.Special Features:
- Great food guaranteedDinnerwithfriendsDined on 6/24/2014Went with a group of seven. Just in time for price fixed dinner. Great choices, food was excellent. This is the fourth time we've gone. Could not ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish.GorgeousDined on 6/21/2014Went on a Saturday night. Seated promptly. Lovely hostess. Pretty room and attentive service. They serve you salad with entree so apps aren't totally necessary. Tuna special was outstanding. Husbands chicken also delish. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakReviewmanVIPDined on 6/15/2014Searhouse is one of our favorite here in Northern NJ. The steaks are always done perfectly without fail. The wine list is solid, although sometimes they are out of what I want. Service is generally good, bit could benefit from a bit more table attention. A suggestion: Offer olive oil with the bread rather than butter (or in addition to).Special Features:
- Disappointed at Sear HouseFood101Dined on 6/8/2014Checked out lunch menu online. When we got to the restaurant we were told lunch menu is not utilized on Sundays. Took my 80 year old mother to the Ladies Room - no lights but in one stall! I asked for the lunch menu for the kids and they obliged. Bread basket for 11 people only fed 1/2 the table, why not put two? One other table and we waited. When the meals came out half the table was served and 8+ minutes later the other half was served. Three entrees were missing their side dish. We had to ask. We were informed they were out but we were given extra vegetables. Really? Where? And what if I preferred to have my starch? Eleven people ate and no one could say their meal was delicious. Frankly, the whole experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- Very cool placeAwesomeVIPDined on 6/3/2014I love the bar, its very hip and cool, the food its very nice and service is top notch. I also learned they will open the patio upstairs in a week. I cant wait for that because, in this part of New Jersey we need a place like this. I will be back for some sushi and oysters and a beer upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificentAwesomeVIPDined on 5/31/2014I went there on Sunday with my husband and some friends party of five, I had short ribs, oooooo my God they where delicious and my husband had t-bone for one, he said it was perfect overall the food is magnificent, the sides like steak fries and sweet potato fries need some improvements overall great meal. Moreover, the service was amazing and very professional and efficient, the food came on time and in right order, great job overall. I will definitely bring more friends, because those I brought this day loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotAwesomeVIPDined on 5/27/2014Good service, good bar, nice food and nice vibe in this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeAlg201Dined on 5/25/2014Very nice place , bar is big and very nice bug drinks friendly staff and can't go wrong excellent steak .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 187 reviews are from the Searhouse reviews archive.
- Better all the timeThincerVIPDined on 5/24/2014Had not been here for several months and was impressed by the upgrade in all aspects, pasta, seafood and steak were all great, defintely coming back soon.Special Features: