411 Piermont Road
Closter, NJ 07624Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://searhouse.com/
- Phone: 2012924612
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm,
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 3:00pm – 10:00pm,
Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 2:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: With spaces for parties from 10 to 300, Searhouse can accommodate all you private party needs. From celebrations with family and friends to corporate events, weddings, bat mitzvah, communions, graduations, baby showers, bridal showers, Searhouse is the ideal location for your next private event
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8779267889
- Entertainment: Come join us on Wednesdays and Thursdays, we have Live Music
- Special Events: Please contact us for any inquiries regarding Private Parties. We have space to host Events from 10ppl to 250 ppl
A word from Searhouse
Come join us at Searhouse - our Steaks are Prime dry-aged in-house for 28 days and simply melt in your mouth. Our chef brings 20 years of Peter Lugers experience - from dry aging, butchering, and grilling to perfection. We also offer an incredible selection of fresh Seafood and other delights. The Searhouse is an ultra modern restaurant with 2 floors. Once inside you will notice all the glass that surrounds the restaurant. There is a lounge with a state of the art fireplace that has become a conversation centerpiece. Upstairs there is a dining room available for private parties. Stop by the Searhouse and see what all of New Jersey has been talking about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Searhouse - Best Restaurants in Closter ›
Searhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)great for outdoor dining (39)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (35)romantic (33)fit for foodies (33)hot spot (28)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (20)notable wine list (20)late-night find (15)scenic view (13)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (10)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/19/2014Great food good service we love this place . Definetly will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent choiceAwesomeVIPDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I chose between the restaurants in the neighborhood, the choice was excellent. Sear house is a beautiful place with nice and friendly staff and excellent food. We started at the bar, great looking bar with nice atmosphere and great service, awesome peach martinis, and then we went to sit at a booth, the staff was friendly and knowledgeable and the food was impeccable. Overall great atmosphere, great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the absolute worst!jpedidollVIPDined on 10/11/2014The worst restaurant I have ever been to. Don't waste your money! Rude bartender and then no waiter at our table! Should have left then. Steak was tough and over cooked no one ever even came to ask. Absolutely horrendous! Nastiest bartender I ever experienced in a restaurant terrible food terrible service & waited for a hostess to be seated for about 10 minutes she was too busy talking at the bar! What a joke! Don't waste your time
- Absolutely amazingAwesomeVIPDined on 10/9/2014The place is amazing, its happening, the food is amazing the service was very efficient and polite. Moreover, it was so nice on a friday night the place was so busy but the host and the staff had the time to offer us after dinner drinks on the house that was a nice touch, thank you searhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best!AwesomeVIPDined on 10/5/2014I am impressed, so were my bussiness partners at sear house, the service was good the steaks are nice dry aged and very tasty, very much like peter luger, moreover i will bring more people in my many bussines meetings at sear house because of the food and service and also the privacy that the place provides with many rooms that one can book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nite outLatingirlDined on 10/4/2014Went here to celebrate a friend's bday. Service was outstanding & food was made to perfection. The octupus appetizer was so amazing we ordered a second one w our dinner. Beautiful place, little quiet but we had a great niteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Beautiful inside, nice service staff and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Destination closterjersey111VIPDined on 9/30/2014A great lunch destination especially for their prixe fix menu--highly recommend the artichoke appetizer and filet mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/26/2014The food in this place is amazing, the service is outstanding, overall it looks like they know what they are doing, I will definetly be back more now that I have tasted the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girls night outAwesomeVIPDined on 9/25/2014We where a group of five girls, we started with martinis at the bar, ummmm pomegranate martini was amazing, then we got a table the appetizers like: artichokes with truffle oil and sushi was to die for, moreover the fish surprisingly was great too like whole pan-seared branzino and halibut oreganata, not to mention the filet on the bone was awesome as well, this night was fun and with great food and drinks and attentive service one cant ask for more. We will deffinetly make this a twice a month thing, thanks sear house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not up the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was very good with a nice variety on the menu for a steakhouse. The service on a busy Saturday night left a lot to be desired. It started off with a 10 minute wait in the driveway for the valet to clear the cars so we could pull in. Then we were seated in a side room and asked if they were sure that they could serve here well. After assurances of "don't worry", we sat waiting several times for drinks to come.Special Features:
- Overpriced!RaphyDined on 9/20/2014Beautiful restaurant and great ambiance. The only dish that's consistently great here is the Fillet Mignon. The rest- mediocre and way overpriced. The Short Ribs were pretty disappointing- more fat than meat... Also, would be good if the valet guy would take better care of my car key...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCriticDined on 9/20/2014We have been there before and had no problems. We had to wait at least 20 mins to order DessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2014This is an expensive restaurant so I would only go there for special occasions. The food was very good and the waiter was great too. The wine list was good but very expensive - they could use adding a few cheaper bottles to the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect timeAwesomeVIPDined on 9/15/2014The restaurant is really amazing, from the food to the staff I was impressed, so was my wife. We went there on friday night, from the valet to the host and through our drinks and food everything was perfect, we will deffinetly be back, good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous As UsualMrsZakDined on 9/6/2014Every dining experience at Sear is better than the last - ALWAYS!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedSteakhouseJunkieDined on 9/6/2014Having eaten at many steakhouses, found this one not to be impressive. First basics, white napkins only, with people wearing black...isn't this a 101 of fine dining? Put me next to the kitchen when the place was empty...your best table? Food was okay, steaks are big so if you want a filet be prepared to make it 13 oz, as there is nothing smaller on the menu. Seafood tower was skimpy, one piece of each type of seafood per person. Chains like Mortons and Capital Grill are better than this place.Special Features:
- Great steakhouse!SasrjsDined on 9/6/2014This resturant is an upscale steakhouse with reasonable prices. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- ExellentAwesomeVIPDined on 9/3/2014Great food awesome service, I be back with more friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations?TibsterDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is in a very upscale area in NNJ. The food was very good. We had the bone-in Fillet served on a sizzling plate. It was cooked to perfection. My escargot appetizer was unique by being delivered in a red, mildly spicy, sauce instead of the usual butter, garlic and puff pastry. The escargot was delicious and not overcooked or chewy. Wait staff was also attentive without being pushy and the house cabernet went well with the meal. So why just the three stars? We had made reservations and did arrive a little early. No tables were available so they quickly brought out tables, set them up for us and the couple behind us but in an inconvenient, high traffic area. Not well managed for a $100+ per person setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nyr7VIPDined on 8/29/2014Food and service was awful. Great terrace for New Jersey but awful over all.
- SpectacularAwesomeVIPDined on 8/27/2014The food was amazing and the service was professional. I had ribeye steak and it was one of the best steaks I had in a while, I also had 2 sides mac and cheese and sauted asparagus uuummm yummy. My wife had the branzino filet it was also very good and very fresh, we will deffinetly be back and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/20/2014Our dinner was not only wonderful but the wine selection was equally as good. While the menu had a very large selection I was surprised to see there was even specials which made every choice just as hard. The wait staff was very attentive and by judging the other customers, I don't think we were the only satisfied ones. Very nice. If you have a problem with your meal or something is wrong, don't sit there and not say anything this staff wants to fix it. I will be back again, with no problem. I was shocked that this place wasn't full as good as it is, but, it was Wednesday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding lunchABBYBDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed lunch on a Friday. The restaurant was not very crowded. We enjoyed the Caesar salad and french onion soup to start. Followed by the filet migon which was tender. The creme brulee was a nice ending. We will be back.Special Features:
- An Evening At SearTastyDined on 8/13/2014We come to Sear to celebrate special occasions. The experience at Sear makes itself the occasion as well. The welcoming person at the front door makes us feel special and the care with which we are treated at our table continues that feeling. The decor and beauty of the booths create a feeling of privacy and comfort. We request a booth when making reservations because it becomes a place all our own to relax and enjoy each others' company. Thank you for our "special occasions" go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always terrfiicOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/13/2014better than any NYC steakhouse. been to them all. love the bone in filet (not on the menu) and the hash browns are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A carnivores delightrestauranteur22Dined on 8/10/2014Came here for the steaks! And well, they were cooked to perfection and had a great aray of sides to choose from. Loved the rooftop seating!Special Features:
- LUCILLE & FRANKfrankVIPDined on 8/10/2014WENT ON SUNDAY AROUND 6:30PM, GOT SEATED RIGHT AWAY, SERVICE GOOD, FOOD VERY GOOD SAT UPSTAIRS ON THE NEW DECK, NICE TO BE IN THE OPEN AIR. WILL BE BACK , AND WOULD RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great roof topOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/4/2014Great roof top something different the food was excellent my steak came perfectly cocked and tender garlick mash very good to Definetly will be back very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodNanBDined on 8/2/2014Sear House has great food, whether it is beef, fish or pasta. The decor is upscale..service excellent and we were never rushed.Special Features:
- Good ambience... decent foodJokah17VIPDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed the look and feel of Sear but the food taste and quality fell a bit short for the price. Oysters were great, the burrata in the special app was below average and the Branzino entree was lacking flavor and disappointing as well. Nice place but I won't be anxious to return until the food quality improves.
- Excellent filet mignonOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/1/2014Bone in filet mignon? Music to my ears. After a long day our party ordered food to go and was not disappointed. Perfectly rare filet… Will Definetly come back with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food/ Friendly AtmosphereCaraVIPDined on 7/31/2014Our neighborhood favorite spot. We love everything about this place, from the warm greeting of the owners, to the friendly bar tenders and the delicious food. It's pricey for dinner, but everything from steak, fish, sushi and appetizers are all top notch and delicious. The new rooftop is a bit of a scene, but a nice escape in an area where outdoor dining options are lacking. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Always a fun nightBergenFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014We enjoy dining here even more now with the opening of the beautiful roof deck. The owners are absolutely lovely people who go out of their way to make sure everyone is happy and that the restaurant is running as it should. The food is excellent-we dont only eat here for the steak. The sushi is consistently delicious. This past visit we had a new server who needed some help with his timing but it did not detract from our evening. As mentioned, the management and others working at Sear ensure that you leave satisfied!Special Features:
- Great service and foodAwesomeVIPDined on 7/20/2014The service is one of the best features in this place, the food is amazing too, but service is solid, there are few old school waiters here who really make u feel comfortable and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeAwesomeVIPDined on 7/15/2014I got to begin by thanking all sear house team for great service and exellent food, moreover the bartender Zen is one of the most knowledgeable people I seen in a while, and his personality is friendly and warm. Furthermore, the food is impeccable porterhouse for one was excellent and mac and cheese is really amazing, o my God. I will deffinetly be back and bring more people and hang out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I've been here several times recently. The steaks are first rate, aged in house, and perfectly prepared and presented. The wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable. While it's not inexpensive, the food, service, and ambience are well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good diner at roof topOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/10/2014We had reservation for 2 we dined at the rooftop great job on the patio ,we had a great time. For appetizer we had grilled calamari with beacon and spicy tuna roll. For main course we had tuna from the specials and rib eye steak it was delicious we finished our dinner with coffe and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!!MrsZakDined on 7/9/2014Everything, from the moment you arrive until you get your car back from valet, is PERFECT!! Food was amazing, service was impeccable, the ambience was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Anniversary DinnerBarryNewJerseyDined on 7/7/2014Tried Searhouse for Anniversary, based on reviews. We were not disappointed. While a little expensive, our dinner was incredible. Creative dishes presented in beautiful fashion. Food was exquisite. Certainly recommend it. Has to be one of the best restaurants in Northern New JerseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.