411 Piermont Road
Closter, NJ 07624Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://searhouse.com/
- Phone: 2012924612
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm,
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 3:00pm – 10:00pm,
Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 2:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Come join us on Wednesdays and Thursdays, we have Live Music
- Special Events: Please contact us for any inquiries regarding Private Parties. We have space to host Events from 10ppl to 250 ppl
A word from Searhouse
Come join us at Searhouse - our Steaks are Prime dry-aged in-house for 28 days and simply melt in your mouth. Our chef brings 20 years of Peter Lugers experience - from dry aging, butchering, and grilling to perfection. We also offer an incredible selection of fresh Seafood and other delights. The Searhouse is an ultra modern restaurant with 2 floors. Once inside you will notice all the glass that surrounds the restaurant. There is a lounge with a state of the art fireplace that has become a conversation centerpiece. Upstairs there is a dining room available for private parties. Stop by the Searhouse and see what all of New Jersey has been talking about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Searhouse - Best Restaurants in Closter ›
Searhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (32)romantic (32)good for groups (32)great for outdoor dining (29)hot spot (27)notable wine list (20)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (15)late-night find (13)great for brunch (11)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Outstanding lunchABBYBDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed lunch on a Friday. The restaurant was not very crowded. We enjoyed the Caesar salad and french onion soup to start. Followed by the filet migon which was tender. The creme brulee was a nice ending. We will be back.Special Features:
- An Evening At SearTastyDined on 8/13/2014We come to Sear to celebrate special occasions. The experience at Sear makes itself the occasion as well. The welcoming person at the front door makes us feel special and the care with which we are treated at our table continues that feeling. The decor and beauty of the booths create a feeling of privacy and comfort. We request a booth when making reservations because it becomes a place all our own to relax and enjoy each others' company. Thank you for our "special occasions" go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always terrfiicOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/13/2014better than any NYC steakhouse. been to them all. love the bone in filet (not on the menu) and the hash browns are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A carnivores delightrestauranteur22Dined on 8/10/2014Came here for the steaks! And well, they were cooked to perfection and had a great aray of sides to choose from. Loved the rooftop seating!Special Features:
- LUCILLE & FRANKfrankVIPDined on 8/10/2014WENT ON SUNDAY AROUND 6:30PM, GOT SEATED RIGHT AWAY, SERVICE GOOD, FOOD VERY GOOD SAT UPSTAIRS ON THE NEW DECK, NICE TO BE IN THE OPEN AIR. WILL BE BACK , AND WOULD RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great roof topOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/4/2014Great roof top something different the food was excellent my steak came perfectly cocked and tender garlick mash very good to Definetly will be back very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodNanBDined on 8/2/2014Sear House has great food, whether it is beef, fish or pasta. The decor is upscale..service excellent and we were never rushed.Special Features:
- Good ambience... decent foodJokah17VIPDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed the look and feel of Sear but the food taste and quality fell a bit short for the price. Oysters were great, the burrata in the special app was below average and the Branzino entree was lacking flavor and disappointing as well. Nice place but I won't be anxious to return until the food quality improves.
- Excellent filet mignonOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/1/2014Bone in filet mignon? Music to my ears. After a long day our party ordered food to go and was not disappointed. Perfectly rare filet… Will Definetly come back with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food/ Friendly AtmosphereCaraVIPDined on 7/31/2014Our neighborhood favorite spot. We love everything about this place, from the warm greeting of the owners, to the friendly bar tenders and the delicious food. It's pricey for dinner, but everything from steak, fish, sushi and appetizers are all top notch and delicious. The new rooftop is a bit of a scene, but a nice escape in an area where outdoor dining options are lacking. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Always a fun nightBergenFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014We enjoy dining here even more now with the opening of the beautiful roof deck. The owners are absolutely lovely people who go out of their way to make sure everyone is happy and that the restaurant is running as it should. The food is excellent-we dont only eat here for the steak. The sushi is consistently delicious. This past visit we had a new server who needed some help with his timing but it did not detract from our evening. As mentioned, the management and others working at Sear ensure that you leave satisfied!Special Features:
- Great service and foodAwesomeVIPDined on 7/20/2014The service is one of the best features in this place, the food is amazing too, but service is solid, there are few old school waiters here who really make u feel comfortable and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeAwesomeVIPDined on 7/15/2014I got to begin by thanking all sear house team for great service and exellent food, moreover the bartender Zen is one of the most knowledgeable people I seen in a while, and his personality is friendly and warm. Furthermore, the food is impeccable porterhouse for one was excellent and mac and cheese is really amazing, o my God. I will deffinetly be back and bring more people and hang out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I've been here several times recently. The steaks are first rate, aged in house, and perfectly prepared and presented. The wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable. While it's not inexpensive, the food, service, and ambience are well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good diner at roof topOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/10/2014We had reservation for 2 we dined at the rooftop great job on the patio ,we had a great time. For appetizer we had grilled calamari with beacon and spicy tuna roll. For main course we had tuna from the specials and rib eye steak it was delicious we finished our dinner with coffe and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!!MrsZakDined on 7/9/2014Everything, from the moment you arrive until you get your car back from valet, is PERFECT!! Food was amazing, service was impeccable, the ambience was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Anniversary DinnerBarryNewJerseyDined on 7/7/2014Tried Searhouse for Anniversary, based on reviews. We were not disappointed. While a little expensive, our dinner was incredible. Creative dishes presented in beautiful fashion. Food was exquisite. Certainly recommend it. Has to be one of the best restaurants in Northern New JerseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice roof topOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/1/2014We had dinner at the new roof top that jest opend we loved it great job the food was good as all the time very consisted my steak was delicious and juicy the hashbrown are the best here Definetly will be back very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent anniversary dinnerExpatInNJDined on 6/30/2014Dined on the upstairs outdoor deck for our anniversary dinner. We were seated promptly and were served quickly all night - perhaps too quickly. Could be my perception, but it felt like you had a split second to answer the server when they came around or you were out of luck and they'd move on to what was next. The food was fairly good. Side dishes (mac and cheese and creamed spinach) have bold flavours, which help make up for the very (too?) simply seasoned grilled meat. The entrees came with salad, but it arrived before the proteins... unless you want to plow your way through a plate of just meat, you will want to order a side dish. Enjoyed it enough, but would return to other places for a special occasion before Searhouse, I think.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service!MD1975Dined on 6/29/2014Tried this restaurant for a special occasion, had heard the food was very good. It did not disappoint. The server made great personal recommendations - including the tomahawk steak for 2 which was outstanding. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Graduation dinner for 20.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014Since our son loves steak we took a chance booking a table for 20 at Searhouse. We had not been there before and knew nobody who had done either. We were in a private room just outside the bar that was comfortable and quiet-ish. We ordered from the prix fixe menu as we had a time limit. The meal was actually delicious and all of our guests enjoyed their food and said they would definitely go there again. There was no music in the room, so it lacked some atmosphere. The lighting was also poor and the center of the large table empty. They could use a little design help on the details. Otherwise it worked out well and we had a great evening.Special Features:
- Great food guaranteedDinnerwithfriendsDined on 6/24/2014Went with a group of seven. Just in time for price fixed dinner. Great choices, food was excellent. This is the fourth time we've gone. Could not ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish.GorgeousDined on 6/21/2014Went on a Saturday night. Seated promptly. Lovely hostess. Pretty room and attentive service. They serve you salad with entree so apps aren't totally necessary. Tuna special was outstanding. Husbands chicken also delish. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakReviewmanVIPDined on 6/15/2014Searhouse is one of our favorite here in Northern NJ. The steaks are always done perfectly without fail. The wine list is solid, although sometimes they are out of what I want. Service is generally good, bit could benefit from a bit more table attention. A suggestion: Offer olive oil with the bread rather than butter (or in addition to).Special Features:
- Disappointed at Sear HouseFood101Dined on 6/8/2014Checked out lunch menu online. When we got to the restaurant we were told lunch menu is not utilized on Sundays. Took my 80 year old mother to the Ladies Room - no lights but in one stall! I asked for the lunch menu for the kids and they obliged. Bread basket for 11 people only fed 1/2 the table, why not put two? One other table and we waited. When the meals came out half the table was served and 8+ minutes later the other half was served. Three entrees were missing their side dish. We had to ask. We were informed they were out but we were given extra vegetables. Really? Where? And what if I preferred to have my starch? Eleven people ate and no one could say their meal was delicious. Frankly, the whole experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- Very cool placeAwesomeVIPDined on 6/3/2014I love the bar, its very hip and cool, the food its very nice and service is top notch. I also learned they will open the patio upstairs in a week. I cant wait for that because, in this part of New Jersey we need a place like this. I will be back for some sushi and oysters and a beer upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificentAwesomeVIPDined on 5/31/2014I went there on Sunday with my husband and some friends party of five, I had short ribs, oooooo my God they where delicious and my husband had t-bone for one, he said it was perfect overall the food is magnificent, the sides like steak fries and sweet potato fries need some improvements overall great meal. Moreover, the service was amazing and very professional and efficient, the food came on time and in right order, great job overall. I will definitely bring more friends, because those I brought this day loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotAwesomeVIPDined on 5/27/2014Good service, good bar, nice food and nice vibe in this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeAlg201Dined on 5/25/2014Very nice place , bar is big and very nice bug drinks friendly staff and can't go wrong excellent steak .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better all the timeThincerVIPDined on 5/24/2014Had not been here for several months and was impressed by the upgrade in all aspects, pasta, seafood and steak were all great, defintely coming back soon.Special Features:
- New Great Food SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014After many attempts at finding a great restaurant to celebrate my anniversary i stumbled across the Searhouse on a hunch i decided to take my fiancée there to try it and to celebrate. While we were there all we could think was how amazing the atmosphere was and how energetic the staff appeared. The knowledge of the staff should also be noted because it was a real treat to have a waiter who knew each and every item on the menu. Then after browsing the menu and sipping back 3 glasses of wine we order our food (The Surf and Turf with Lobster mash and Mushrooms). When we received our food we could not resist but to gobble it all up like heathens and all I can say is wow if there is one restaurant who knows what they are doing it is this place.Special Features:
- jersey111VIPDined on 5/24/2014The prices are high, but the food is excellent--except a $19.95 appetizer of seafood and avocado consisted of a lot of avocado and very little seafood-(-outrageous at that price) Moderately priced wine list--and their prix fixe lunch and early bird dinner are a good deal--but it would be nice if they changed that menu occasionally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK, but service is not.RyanDined on 5/24/2014Even I had a reservation and mentioned at entrance, they didn't mind. Table service was not friendly.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/22/2014Always good great food and we love the bar nice time and good serviseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice staff and great foodAwesomeVIPDined on 5/21/2014The service in this place is great, servers and host are very personable and have great deal of knowledge about food and service. Furthermore, the steaks are one of the best I have tasted in northern New Jersey so far, really nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/20/2014Excellent dinner the steak is excellent my favored here is porterhouse for two and hash brown onion ringsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceAwesomeVIPDined on 5/17/2014Very good food and the service is very professional, moreover the ambiance is impeccable with modern look and a nice vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sometimes you need to splurge!AwesomeVIPDined on 5/13/2014Four friends celebrated birthday here on saturday night. They seated us promptly, service was excellent and unobtrusive-we where able to sit and talk even though it was saturday and it can get a bit busy and hectic at times. The tomahawk steak for 2, which is basically a cowboy steak was amazing, my other two friends had porterhouse for two unbelievable meat dry aged to perfection. Overall this place is amazing and moreover I learned that in like 20 days they will open the patio upstairs, cant wait for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/13/2014Excellent steak here all the time it's getting beter and beter each time se shoos fresh and very good . You got to try itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers daypennyVIPDined on 5/11/2014It was our first time at this restaurant, and it was mothers day. The ambience is very nice but the service was extremely slow. I can't even say that it was because of mothers day because it wasn't packed at all. A long lag between taking our orders and bringing out the appetizers. I guess I would go back to try again but I wouldn't rush back or say to anyone...."you must try this restaurant"Special Features: