8188 Brecksville Road
Brecksville, OH 44141Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.searedrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4405268100
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Morales
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For more information please contact our Marketing and Event Manager, Christina Shirley.
- Private Party Contact: Christina Shirley 4405268100
- Special Events: PRIVATE EVENTS ~ Housed in the Brecksville landmark that was once the beloved "Spanish Tavern"; we have transformed the magnificent space to complement its original beauty and historical character making it the perfect venue for; corporate events, special events, weddings, meetings, gatherings and more. Our two-story, multi-level structure consists of a Main Dining Room, Wine Room, Loft and Bar Lounge that can accommodate up to 275 Guests. Contact Stacy York today at 440-526-8100 to plan your next event!
A word from Seared
SEARED is an innovative restaurant that showcases a dynamic menu of Fresh Seafood, Prime Steaks and Gourmet Desserts to delight and inspire every palate and elevate your culinary experience. Seared also features Cleveland's premier "Raw Bar" with selections of the freshest raw fish & seafood. HAPPY HOUR & BRUNCH ~ Experience amazing food and drink specials during our Happy Hour every Monday-Friday from 4:00pm-7:00pm in our Bar and Lounge! Also, don’t forget about SEARED for your Encore Sunday, where we start off the day with a sumptuous variety of gourmet plated dishes for brunch and refreshing drinks such as Mimosas, Bellinis and Bloody Marys from our made to order bar. THE SEARED EXPERIENCE ~ We are committed to providing the absolute best quality, value, service and environment to elevate your entire dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seared reviews from OpenTable diners
- I made a reservation to meetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2012I made a reservation to meet people at Seared and have dinner. When I arrived, the restaurant was closed, no one there to talk to. I found a 'worker' there, saying the AC was broken, and they were closed. I understand, things happen, but could have used a call, or have someone there to greet patrons that may come to dinner. Some parties traveled to get there.
- (Over) SearedOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/16/2012Unfortunately, this restaurant is on "Life Support". Our previous experience at the restaurant was very goog, however, things there have changed dramatically. When we walked in, it was extremely noticeable that paint was peeling off the wall next to the entry door - not a good firts impression. On a Saturday night at 7:00pm, there couldn't have been half a dozen tables occupied. 84 degrees outside, and the restaurant's air conditioning was not working. Things went downhill from there. First our server informed us that the mussels appetizer & sea bass entree would not be available. As we continued, our wine (William Hill cabernet), liquor (Glen Livet), appetizer (cheese plate) and entree (stuffed shrimp) choices were all not available.
- this was sad..no one there,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/15/2012this was sad..no one there, the hamburger dry, over cooked. I would be suprised they are still open much longer...they were out of pickles....main items on the menu missing. I would say no cash flow.
- Service was terrible and slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012Service was terrible and slow. Appetizer came with 2 missing ingredients. They were out of Sea Bass. They were out of Amstel Light.
- Beautiful building. 4 forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012Beautiful building. 4 for dinner, 2 out of 4 meals were good. Mussels with Chorizo had no chorizo. Pasta with Pine Nuts had no pine nuts. Spinach sides were too salty tp eat. Limited menu and were out of 2 items on a Saturday at 6pm. Service very good and 2 meals were also very good!
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2012It was our first time at Seared, and I have to say we left very impressed. We had scallops as an appetizer, which were cooked perfectly. We each had a salad, of which I think they had 5 choices; good ones and not your ordinary choices. My husband had the filet, which he enjoyed very much, and I had the mahi mahi, which looked just as good as it tasted. Our server, Nick, was very kind, attentive, and knowledgeable. Being a weekday it was slow enough so we could talk to him a bit and we asked to see their other menus. Both their lunch and brunch menus look just as good as the dinner one. Yum! I'll have to go back soon and see what else they can do!Special Features:
- We went on a Tuesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2012We went on a Tuesday night so it was almost empty. A few of the items on their website were no longer available or they were out of that night. We were dissappointed in their wine selections but the food was good and nicely prepared.
- poor management team, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012poor management team, service terrible, chef had some good creations.
- Nice find in BrecksvillegailDined on 6/1/2012Celebrated a birthday at Seared. Three of the people thought their food was very good; one was just okay. Service was not good but I feel that was just one server and not representative of the restaurant.
- Disappointed! Maybe our expectationRaplhDined on 5/26/2012Disappointed! Maybe our expectations were too high. Had dined at the previous Spanish Tavern on a number of occasions and Seared was not up to that standard. Facility needs some help. Most likely wont go back.
- Overall was very nice foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2012Overall was very nice food great, a little pricey but not bad.Special Features:
- We dined at Seared for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2012We dined at Seared for lunch. The food was excellent, our server was friendly and attentive, and the building is absolutely beautiful. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Six of us had a 5:30 reservation...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2012Six of us had a 5:30 reservation....they were out of lobster bisque, mahi mahi, and my dinner was the chicken dish that was very dry and came without the peppers, onions and mushrooms. This group meets to go out once a month and Seared was my pick. I was disappointed.
- so disappointed with the mothersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012so disappointed with the mothers day brunch food was poor and so dry out of condiments fruit quility poor and when we told the server he didnot even ask if we wanted to talk to the manager my hubby is going send an email to him
- I would like to try SearedLindaVIPDined on 5/13/2012I would like to try Seared on a regular day, not Mother's Day. The brunch buffet was a surprise, and the food was not that great. We will try again on a day for a regular lunch or dinner.
- a little pricey for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012a little pricey for brunch on mothers day. It would have been nice to have servers on the buffet line. Maybe some fresh fruit and a little more of a variety of desserts. service was outstanding. Maybe fresh flowers on the table also for the price.Special Features:
- Second time at restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Second time at restaurant, upscale food prices. Both times the steak was extremely poor. They offered to discount it, but that is not the point. My dates Filet was also not outstanding. Entertainment was extraordinary. Service was good.
- The service was very poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2012The service was very poor. All the tables around ours were complaining and had to wait for their orders. The table next to us got their salads after a wait but never got their entrees. The waitress came out after a long time and said it was going to be another 15 minutes. At that point, they asked for their check and left. The Manager was helpful and understanding and tried to explain the reasons for the problems. She did offer us complimentary desserts, which we appreciated and enjoyed. I don't ever remember going to a restaurant with this many problems. If they don't do something quickly to correct them, they will not be in business very long. They will not get any repeat customers. The problem is the kitchen not the wait staff.
- The waiter we had was verybszwedaVIPDined on 5/5/2012The waiter we had was very nice & remained that way throughout the evening. Also the manager was very accommodating. The sea bass 1 of the people in our party ordered had to be sent back twice for being gelatinous & undercooked. I had to send my salmon back once for the salmon reason, however it did come out right the 2nd time. The potatoes and asparagus of another person in our party were also not edible. They were undercooked & overcooked respectively. The manager compensated us by removing the sea bass from the bill & removing $5 from the charge for my salmon. He gave us a free dessert & 2 coffees. Everyone was nice. I really hope the kitchen pulls it together because the location is very nice (old Spanish Tavern). Live music began at 8p
- Dining room was pretty, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012Dining room was pretty, but hot, so we asked to be seated in the bar area since they had ceiling fans. I ate lobster bisque, side salad and crab cake, all of which were excellent. The only turn off for me was the cloudy/streaky looking wine glass my wine came in. The server was nice, but food took a long time to arrive even though the restaurant was not busy. All-in-all, I would go back for another crab cake, it was delish!
- We went to a brunch. The menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/29/2012We went to a brunch. The menu was limited to eggs in different ways. We ordered and took one hour and ten minutes for our food to come. The place was not busy. The food was cold. The whole experience was bad.
- Many groups so noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012Many groups so noise level up. Wait staff approached us three times with different meal parts but the food/drink wasn't ours, so they needed to then find correct table. Asparagus/risotto was lukewarm, slightly gummy tasting; bland; and asparagus was closer to raw than to tender crisp. Good steak. Very small vegetable portion with steak. Very good potatoes. No bread offered; but bread dishes on table. Pricey.Special Features:
- The food was average. We orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2012The food was average. We ordered steak and this is probably not the place to go if you want a good piece of meat. The staff was friendly enough.
- Nice to see the old spanishOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2012Nice to see the old spanish tavern builiding resurrected, nice ambiance. We thought the menu was uninspiring and overpriced. There are other choices in Cleveland that provide a better menu at comparable prices. It was disappointing that they were out of the Mahi Mahi at 6:00pm on a Friday! Doesn't seem like good planning by the chef. We shared a Tuscan salad, enjoyed it. Our entrees were Argentinian hanger steak and Steak Au poivre. We didn't dislike our food, it was well prepared and presented, the service was adequate but will we return? Doubtful. When we dine out, we look for imaginative menus that we can't easily replicate at home, full of choices that require another trip to sample more. We didn't see that at Seared.
- Small menu and wine list toDeevineVIPDined on 4/26/2012Small menu and wine list to start and they were out of a key side dish at 6pm, out of stock of one of their limited wines and a bottle that they offered us to taste in it's place was "corked". In addition to this, they canceled reservation so I did not receive Open Table credit or points for the reservation. There are many much better places to eat for the price and for less in the Cleveland area.
- Counted eight times that weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012Counted eight times that we were told they were out of something including: Multiple entrees, craft beers, top shelf liquor, side dishes, and even to-go box's.Special Features:
- Power went down several timesSleepyDined on 4/21/2012Power went down several times during this day and the staff tried very hard to keep everything running - probably not fair to rate the service based on that. The manager did discount our meals for this reason ( we didn't even ask or complain at all). Beautiful building, we can' t wait to try it again.Special Features:
- FOOD TOOK VERY LONG TO GET.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012FOOD TOOK VERY LONG TO GET. NOT VERY GOOD SERVICE. MANY PEOPLE COMPLAINED AT OTHER TABLES. RAN OUT OF SEAFOOD BISQUE. GAVE US FREE DESERT BECAUSE THEY KNEW THE SERVICE WAS BAD.
- You need more organization.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012The food was excellent but the service was not. The night we went Brecksville sufered 2 power outagious.(Saturday 4/21/12). Our dinner took 3 and 1/2 hours. The waitress was bringing the food to us one plate at a time. We were asked if we needed water and the glasses were brought to the table one at a time. We were asked if we need bread at least 6 times before we actually were brought it. I know there was a party of 50 upstairs but you did not need 3 people at the front desk. One person could have been bringing the water and another the bread. There were other people that had the same complaint us our table. Our waitress was a gem but wokring with no back up, no trays, not carts to place the food on she was hampered.
- Will not return.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2012This was our second attempt to eat at this restaurant. 15 minutes seated no service, went to hostess stand and asked if we had a server. Manager came to table to apologize, then server came took drink orders. Her first words out of her mouth were I would usually bring bread to the table but we are out of it. 15 minutes later still no drinks watched server bring drinks to all the tables around us. She then came to the table and still no drinks, she said bar was backed up. Needless to say we left once again with out eating. We will not return to this restaurant. I have been in this business for a long time and they are in over their heads.
- Service was acceptable. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2012Service was acceptable. We believe the menu is very limited. Our soups came to us warm at best. My wife's steak was medium rare. She ordered medium. She could not eat about 1/3rd of the steak. The asparagus were not cooked sufficiently. They were hard.
- Same Old Same OldDrewBrecksvilleDined on 4/20/2012Not bad but needs definite improvement on food taste, atmosphere, and update the inside.Special Features:
- We all enjoyed our experiencetart31Dined on 4/20/2012We all enjoyed our experience at Seared - the blackened salmon was delicious and the balsamic chicken and peppercorn steaks also were a hit with my party. Being a regular from the old Spanish Tavern days, I still love the atmosphere and rustic feel of this restaurant. Found it to be a little on the pricey side.Special Features:
- My husband and I liked thefoodieDined on 4/20/2012My husband and I liked the food. Ambience is slightly lacking.
- Nice location. InterestingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012Nice location. Interesting history and interior. Food was adaquate, but did not "wow".
- Great food. Nice atmosphere.OSUBucksDined on 4/14/2012Great food. Nice atmosphere. Our waitress was marginal. They ran out of bread before 7pm on a Saturday evening. She was rushed and didn't seem to care how our meal was.Special Features:
- Seared has now become my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012Seared has now become my favorite restaurant. This is where I will take anyone I am tryinhg to impress with good taste.Special Features:
- Overpriced, under deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2012We made the mistake of booking an Easter dinner reservation for 5 people after the all day buffet they had. The service was slow, and there were only three other tables occupied in the dining room. I knew we were in trouble when server said "we warmed up some bread for you.". Old, dried bread obviously heated after it was sliced. All meals were a disappointment and our entire dinner was only worth half of what we paid. We won't be back. They either need to significantly lower prices or step up food selections, quality, and service.
- EASTER BUFFET, GUESS I EXPECTEDOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2012EASTER BUFFET, GUESS I EXPECTED MORE FROM A HIGHER END ESTABLISHMENT. I KNOW A BUFFET IS HARD TO PULL OFF, THEY RAN OUT OF PLATES, THE FOOD WAS OK, BUT IVE HAD THE SAME STUFF AT A HOLIDAY INN. ASKED THE WAITER WHERE THE SALAD BOWL WAS PLACED, SAID THEY DIDNT SERVE SALAD FOR BUFFET, THE SALAD BOWL AREA WAS AROUND THE CORNER BY DESSERTS. DID NOTIFY HIM OF WHERE IT WAS LOCATED. THE SALMON WAS VERY TASTY, AS WELL AS THE HAM. JUST NOT A VERY GOOD SELECTION. THEY DID OFFER FRESH MADE OMLETTES,ASKED FOR A SPINACH, WAS INFORMED THEY DIDNT HAVE, WENT FOR MUSHROOMS NEXT, THEY DIDNT OFFER THOSE EITHER. OUR TABLE WAS A RICKETTY OLD BAR TABLE WITH NO TABLE CLOTHS OR ANYTHING. IT WAS EASTER SUNDAY, AS STATED EARLIER, WOULD HAVE EXPECTED A BIT NICER.
- Very disappointed. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2012Very disappointed. We were hoping to have a special Easter brunch but probably would have had a better meal at Bob Evans! $21 and we had paper thin pieces of fruit, cold potatoes, chewy omelets, burnt bacon and nothing to make the buffet "special"... Had to leave the table to ask the hostess for service. Not even a glass of water or a plate after waiting for 15 minutes (second time this has happened).