265 Peachtree Center Ave
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.searatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4045866134
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am.
Brunch: Sat-Sun: 6:30am - 2pm.
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Ianetta
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sear offers 2 Completely Private Dining rooms that will hold up to 70 people each that can open up to one larger room to seat 140. Each separate room can be scaled down to accommodate a smaller party of 20. Their are also 2 chef's tables at the front of the restaurant overlooking the open kitchen that can accommodate . Their are also 2 communal tables that will hold up to 10 people each for small group meals.
- Private Party Contact: Cassandra Stephens 4045866079
A word from SEAR
Sear, a fire inspired American restaurant, specializing in searing steaks, seafood and desserts, is the Atlanta Marriott Marquis signature restaurant. Sear is the main restaurant to accommodate all of the hotel’s guests for many of their meals which include breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Sear offers a wide variation of delectable dishes appealing to the business and leisure travelers. Private sections will be available for lunch meetings along with the Chefs table which is the most exciting seating area for watching the culinary team prepare the fire-inspired, Sear signature entrees. A more formal feel unfolds for dinner. The exquisite décor takes precedence when candles are lit to compliment the wine wall. The main kitchen is visible to the dining room where onlookers can witness true culinary expertise as the chefs sear their fire inspired food portions which include the finest cuts Harris Ranch beef and fresh Seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
SEAR reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (6)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (5)romantic (5)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Poor service took away from foodlhs7025Dined on 8/20/2014The food was good for the price, but the total lack of service made what could have been a good diining expierince very poor. The resturant was not busy and there were only 5 at our table. It took 15 minutes after seating to get a drink. We had to go to the bar to get our 2nd round. The appetizer was dropped off and we didn't see our waitress again till we got back from the bar getting our drinks. The meals were good and well presented and the deserts were outstanding, but the lack of service really took away from the experience.
- Great Birthday Brunchcastingshade2Dined on 8/16/2014This was an amazing choice! My group and I had a great time! I made reservations for 10 ppl for a private seating a month in advance and of course 4- additional people showed up. The Manager quickly accommodated our snafu and a very pleasant waitress was assigned to our group. Smooth transition; no mishaps. The food was amazing and everyone raved about the quality and taste. The cooks were very pleasant and seemed to enjoy their jobs; because they were a little chatty with us and I like that.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2014Sear had an upscale, sofisticated urban chic look with large tables in a large space. Quite attractive. We dined late. We were tired and this was not the place for a comforting burger and a brew. My wedge was excellent and my entree, was a twice baked potato that three people could have shared. Both were tasty and very large portions. One dinner had ravioli that he said were excellent but a tad expensive at $25.00. Everything we had was delicious but we all agreed a bit pricey compare red to other comparable meals in downtown Atlanta. Service was polite but again not as good as other locations in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Everything is Awesome"BambameatsDined on 7/10/2014To quote the song from the Lego Movie-it really was awesome. Our server Nita is so good. The hostesses remembered our names and we only see them every 6 months when we attend the AmericasMart. Really, the filet was butter knife tender and the roasted shallot accent was sublime. Every table ordered the double stuffed potato -it is the size of Texas and must be shared and savored. The presentation of the Caesar salad only compliments the delicious salad and the Georgia Wedge is equally divine. The two desserts we should have not eaten-amazing we could eat any more-were unusual and yummy-the deconstructed pecan pie and the 3 peach sampler-so very good. We were really awed that a hotel could offer this high quality service and menu.Special Features:
- The Food was LackingDonwill10VIPDined on 7/10/2014There were three of us in our party. Each ordered something different. All were mediocre at best. Not recommended for the food.
- Nice LunchDAG1957VIPDined on 7/9/2014We've been before as a group and it's a perfect spot. You can actually hear what everyone is saying. Food was great and the service couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- SEAR was amazing!RomanticDinerDined on 7/4/2014Husband & I celebrated our wedding anniversary @ SEAR..it was outstanding! Food was amazing! Atmosphere was perfect! Wine & champagne were great! Service was outstanding!! We were even surprised with champagne, dessert & fruit. It was very romantic! We will be sure to dine @ SEAR again! Classy place, great memories made!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little rough, but made things rightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014I asked for a NY Strip medium rare, and it came out charred. It took a while for the waitress to come around and ask, but they tried to make things right by comping the steak since it took a while before a new one was sent out...everyone was done with dinner by that time.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014Chose this because it was close and had good reviews and everyone in our party LOVED what we ordered. The shrimp and grits is to die for.Special Features:
- Valentine1Dined on 6/25/2014Not enough appetizer choices. Waitress forgot several side items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014Great for a hotel restaurant. Could be a stand alone find. I ate there multiple times instead of looking for other food options. Great wait staff. Timely food delivery. Great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising find!FinedineDined on 5/22/2014Excited to find a new Restruant while visiting Atlanta two blocks from hotel. Best of dining experiences. Food, presentation, service and atmosphere outstanding! Great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mother's Day BrunchATLCFODined on 5/11/2014Took several Mother's in my life there last Sunday and had a wonderful experience. Food was good. Service was good. A little pricey but overall we had very enjoyable afternoon. Will be back.Special Features:
- The following 282 reviews are from the SEAR reviews archive.
- Good for classy or business lunchDAG1957VIPDined on 4/16/2014We had a group from my office. We were seated in a private area which was a wonderful surprise. The service and food was excellent. We also had a birthday person with us and they brought out a piece of cake nicely presented on the plate. I would highly recommend this restaurant for client lunches and office special occasion lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service is GREAT!pebbles101VIPDined on 4/15/2014I go often and they have updated their menu recently. The food is tasty and fresh.Special Features:
- nice to see a steak houseJohnVIPDined on 4/9/2014nice to see a steak house that has a variety of meals including meat loaf. Good service and good portion size. Really a good spot for being in a hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seared flavor adds ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2014We had seated scallops which were sublime. The roasted and sautéed mushrooms had flavor of wood smoke which added to their hearty good taste. The grilled asparagus--jumbo and peeled-- was fab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for our groupFlyguy50Dined on 3/22/2014We celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary with 12 friends. It was a wonderful evening and everything was excellent. We will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/6/2014Our server was attentive and the food was awesome and perfectly prepared. We were staying at the Marriott Marquis where this restaurant was situated and we didn't really want to walk anywhere else, and we were very happy we didn't. Black and blue veal strip was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appreciating good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/24/2014The reception person and staff servicing us were very good Attentive, dedicated and smilling I would repeat the experience with corporate customers any time when in AtlantaSpecial Features:
- First time visit and was surprisedbbenderDined on 2/20/2014First time visit and was surprised that it looked like a standard dining room in a large downtown hotel. Food was very good and the staff did a good jub bringing us the food, but since the waitress was not the one serving the food, there seemd to be a lack of organization. We were just finishing salads and the plates had not been taken away when our entrees came, which was OK, but the waitress did not deliver them, but someone from the kitchen and then he left and we were short an item of twoI would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2014With limited choices in this hotel we chose Sear. The service was average and the food was subpar at best. I had a business dinner followed by a business lunch the following day and both were less than average food quality.
- Breakfast BuffetLambchopDined on 2/16/2014Really had a large selection including eggs to order and an omelet stationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group LunchRhondaDined on 1/16/2014I had a group of 10 and was seated in a private area, which was quiet and ideal for our lunch meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 1/11/2014Went to Sear after a long day at the Gift Mart. We were guests in the hotel. We ordered cocktails and were given a menu. Placed our order for our appetizers and meal with the waiter. After 15 minutes our appetizers arrived. Drinks came 10 minutes later. Starters were just OK and over-priced (but it IS a hotel restaruant). We were rushed through the entire meal. Food was ruined from sitting under the lights for 15 minutes while we rushed through our appetizer/cocktail course (the server kept trying to deliver food that we were not ready for, nor was there room on the table. Manager replaced the overcooked steak and offered to comp the steak charge. Replaced steak was cooked okay but had no flavor...and the bill was NOT adjusted. BAD!
- Marion the LibrarianAmyinAtlantaDined on 1/10/2014Although the food was outstanding and our special requests were accommodated, we canceled two other reservations at other restaurants to return to Sear so we could continue to enjoy Marion's special attention, VIP treatment and delightful personality. We were in town for the AmericasMart trade show and have special food limitations that include gluten free and dairy free choices that can make eating on the go difficult. Marion was happy to help us put together delicious meals that fit our restrictions and was ever delightful in her service. She's a asset to the business for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/9/2014We have dinner at Sear every time we're in Atlanta. Wonderfully varied menu, impeccable service...always a delightful evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tangy SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2013The soup (corn chowder) was amazing! Probably best I've ever had. However the vinaigrette dressing was so tangy it made the salad inedible. Waitress was great and made up for the unbearable salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013The food wasn't good but the service we received was awesome. Everyone was so nice. They gave me a slice of cake for my birthday. I would go back for the drinks and great service. But not food.Special Features:
- Ordinary hotel restaurantMichVIPDined on 11/8/2013Menu was interesting but preparation was ordinary, service was poor.
- D best!!!foodieDined on 10/19/2013We went to celebrate our 18th weddingannv and loved the service this has been our third time here and as always excellent. Andre was our server twice and I just love him his knowledge of the food, specials , wine...... everything and has such charming personality. I am confident to say your whole staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Our compliments to Chef Max and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lamb is insane!FoodieSince86Dined on 10/13/2013The lamb porterhouse is out of this world. The honey/mint sauce was the perfect compliment to the seasoning on the meat. The salmon was the tiniest bit overdone for the person who got it, but the sauce and accompaniments were well done. The vanilla bean cheesecake was pretty good - though we didn't expect it to be deconstructed! I wish the compote had been warm, though. Our only complaint is that they seated diners quite close together on a night when the restaurant wasn't very busy. A loud group (who had already been at the bottle before they got there) was seated directly behind us in the middle of our meal and annoyed us the rest of the time we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2013Our steak dinner was great but my daughters steak needed to be grilled a little more and I completed my meal before her steak ever came back. Server never checked on us . have eaten here before love the location and hotel and service is poorSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerBirthdayBoyDined on 8/20/2013Went to Sear to celebrate my Birthday with my wife. The staff were all very pleasant and professional. The food was outstanding. Best gourmet Mac & Cheese I've ever had. A little pricey but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet ever!!MichaelDined on 8/2/2013Had the best filet mignon ever at this restaurant while staying at the Marriot Marquis. We went back the next day to have lunch, and it was just as good as dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Solid Hotel RestaurantErikaDined on 7/20/2013It's not very often that the restaurant inside a hotel is good but SEAR is actually more than above average. Their breakfast buffet went on until 2pm, which I loved. Very spacious and accomodating, heard it had a good wine list but did not get a chance to try it out.Special Features:
- Enjoyable meal and surroundingsHotelGuestDined on 7/18/2013Nice, clean, friendly with good service and food. Very convenient for hotel guests.Special Features:
- Not greatOutoftownerDined on 7/18/2013I was in town for a conference and made reservations at Sear because I was staying in the hotel. I ended up eating there several times. The food was unimpressive. The meal I was brought often bore little resemblance to the description n the menu. The fare was bland and not impressive.
- It was better the first time I wentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2013Service was not great. My granddaughter ordered ribs with a side of Mac and Cheese. It was a $3.00 up charge, boy so sure why but she couldn't even eat it as it had goat cheese which has a very definite taste not always good. It should of least been mentioned, we probably would not have ordered. I had a dinner salad with very little dressing, but we were unable to get anyone's attention to get more. Sorry but the experience was less than wonderful. I will think twice before I return.Special Features:
- My Husband and I spent ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2013My Husband and I spent our first wedding anniversary there and loved every minute of it. Amit and Sarah made it a night to remember. Can't wait to go back.Special Features: