Seagrille Seafood & Sushi
849 Verdier Avenue
Victoria, BC V8M 1C5Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Seagrille Seafood & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seagrille.ca/
- Phone: 2505442079
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Breakfast: daily 7:30am to 10:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jevon Thow
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Plan to amaze them with Victoria most spectacular oceanfront party & event venues, incredible food and discerning service! The catering team at Brentwood Bay Resort will take care of planning all the details for your special event, party or meeting. We'll create a menu with our chef's seasonal offerings all paired with the regions finest wines and local craft beers. Our team will arrange breakfast, lunch or dinner options to suit your budget and party size. Go online for more information at http://www.brentwoodbayresort.com/events-weddings
- Private Party Facilities: Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa offers three choices for private dining, wedding and conference/meeting space. Our beautiful poolside oceanfront Gallery Room offers sit down seating for up to 38 guests and stand up reception style for up to 60. The Garden room accommodates seating for up to 25 guests located next to a lovely garden setting. The Seagrille dining rooms can be used for exclusive weddings & parties for up to 100 guests. Contact our Sales & Events Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Jackie May 250-544-5124
- Special Events: Special Valentines 4-Course Chefs Tasting Menu for $49 offered February 8th through February 17th, 2013. Call 250-544-2079 to book your table for a truly special and romantic Valentines celebration at the Seagrille at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa.
A word from Seagrille Seafood & Sushi
Victoria's most spectacular oceanfront dining experience, located at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa just 20 minutes from downtown Victoria. Enjoy the crackling fireplace or on the heated seaside patios. Savour a fresh approach to pacific rim cuisine. Seasonally inspired ingredients harvested from the sea and grown fresh on Vancouver Island. A temptation of flavours, colours and textures artfully paired with region's finest BC wine. Watch our Japanese sushi chef's prepare amazing creations right before your eyes at Sushi & Sake Bar, open daily for lunch & dinner. Try the chef's seasonally inspired 3-Course menu for just $39.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Seagrille Seafood & Sushi - Best Restaurants in Central Saanich ›
Seagrille Seafood & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (18)great for outdoor dining (15)special occasion (12)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- nice setting but not excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Our servers were friendly and the place is a nice setting. Unfortunately, the curry dish needed more spice or at least some coconut milk (or both) The monk's specialty coffee had no whipping cream (which I assume in a specialty coffee since it takes the place of dessert) It was under $50 for the two of us but I would have liked more bang for the buck taste-wise.Special Features:
- love the food herebuddyDined on 10/4/2014We've been here more than a few times, and we've never been disappointed in the food. It's just always consistently good. I also like the ambience in the restaurant, it and the food just suit my tastes. The service is also usually good, although I can't say that the service is as consistently good as the food. Seems to vary depending on the day. However, the service is also never bad either, like I've experienced elsewhere. I'll be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Seafood!ladydocVIPDined on 9/25/2014Really enjoyed our recent stay at the Brentwood Inn & Spa with our 10th Anniversary Dinner at Seagrille. I had a bowl of the largest fresh mussels I have ever seen! They were scrumptious. Our fish entrees were also expertly prepared. I would say to steer clear of their "sushi" however. The portion of the tuna roll was tiny and expensive. We are used to the very best Vancouver sushi and Seagrille just doesn't cut it. Highly recommended for the rest of their menulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed celebrating my husbands 50th birthday with good friends, fantastic setting and service. Food was nicely presented and had great flavour. I would like to see more vegetables on the plate; my sturgeon special and my spouses lamb with lentils ( which were delicious) lacked veg completely and our friends entre of duck included very, very small servings of veg.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We loved everything about Seagrille except for the long wait for our breakfast. It took over an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!KelseaMVIPDined on 8/4/2014We went to Seagrille for breakfast and the entire experience was amazing. We started with freshly maked croissants and our party of four each had a different main, all of which were superb! Can't wait to go back on our next trip to Victoria.Special Features:
- Did not disappoint, again!3galsDined on 8/2/2014We have dined here on numerous occasions, always on the terrace, always ordering from the dining menu. We can honestly say that this is one of the top places in and around Victoria where food is consistently good, service is some of the best we have experienced ( thanks to Emilia) and the ambiance and vista are phenomenal. Wonderful overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great dining experience2TdinerDined on 8/1/2014Great patio dining with excellent view of Brentwood Bay and sunset. The staff were efficient & attentive which added to the overall dining experience. The food was prepared very well with appropriate portions for those of us with a smaller appetite. Overall my husband and I had a memorable west coast dining experience and we plan to return in the near future.Special Features:
- AnniversarySpritzDined on 7/24/2014This is a great spot that is overlooked by locals! Close, convenient, affordable with an amazing view! Indoor or outdoor seating available. We enjoyed our anniversary experience although no "perks" offered like a free dessert for picking this restaurant for our celebration. We will return - fabulous sushi!Special Features:
- The following 51 reviews are from the Seagrille Seafood & Sushi reviews archive.
- BarbDined on 6/27/2014We, and another couple went to the Seagrille to celebrate our anniversaries (50th and 11th). We were not disappointed in any aspect of our evening. I still rave about the cioppino. Considering we were celebrating anniversaries, there was a large party having a pre-wedding supper which seemed to fit right in with the mood and ambience. Well done Seagrille!Special Features:
- Nice but overpricedDeOwlDined on 6/27/2014The setting and ambience are amazing. But I found the dinner menu overpriced for the fare. $30 for an okay pan-seared (actually fully-cooked) halibut on linguine. My fiancee had the seared duck breast, and it was not the best duck experience. It's not uncommon for duck to turn out fatty and chewy, but not what one expects for $26 (though the dumplings were fantastic). The breakfast on the other hand was delicious and reasonably priced. Also, our experience at the pub in the same building was really nice. Preferred it to the main restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerCharlesDined on 6/25/2014This has been the best dining experience we've had in the northern hemisphere. Not over-the-top or rushed, just good seafood, good wine and good service. I had the California Roll, my wife had oysters for starters, then the Ling Cod and Ciopino for main course. Desserts were great. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Place to dineSmileFaceDined on 5/29/2014Great view and the food is very good. You can watch the sunset from the big restaurant bay window. Enjoyable place to dine.Special Features:
- Very good but not BrilliantBonniDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day brunch. When we arrived the eggs benny yokes were hard but when refilled they were great. They kept running out of sushi but it was fresh. There were only hot plates even for cold foods. There was no seafood sauce for prawns. The serving tongs for some foods (like prawns) were tiny - one prawn at a time. They refilled our coffee when we were away from the table - half filled the saucer and left it. The tables were a bit close together for getting to and from the buffet. Generally the food was very tasty. The place is beautiful and the view is stunning. It was a gorgeous day and we sat on the balcony - that was great. We live nearby and go to the Seagrille and Pub often - very good but not what it could be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ViewChongerDined on 5/8/2014Seagrille is the dining jewel of Brentwood Bay. You can oversee the beautiful view of the harbour and there is a nice patio seating option in the summer. So far, both times I've been here the food is not only well presented but very delicious! Don't be fooled by the small-looking portions, they are quite filling. I love their cocktails, especially the bellini and pina colada.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014Great dining experience. Our waiter was very knowledgable and helpful. Will certainly return for the delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but pricey!Hockey68Dined on 5/4/2014We had the sushi at this restaurant and really enjoyed it but we did find everything a little bit expensive…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeDisappointedDined on 4/26/2014We've enjoyed good food here in the past, but this dinner was disappointing. We bought a three course chef's tasting menu through Groupon. The menu offered did not include fresh vegetables other than a very few greens accompanying a pork roll served as an appetizer. Each course seemed heavy and lacked flavour. The appetizer was a pastry and the dessert was a pastry as well. Too much for this diner! I'll go back again without the groupon and I hope the food is better as I really love this location.
- Great for DinnerSerenityDined on 4/23/2014We had a Groupon for their special menu, but we also ate at the resort for lunch and breakfast. At lunch we both had the chowder. Fabulous! The bread was satisfying too. At dinner, each of the courses was superb! The flax bread was so tasty, just a slight touch doughy; we devoured it happily. Ambiance decreased with lighting candles. A NON-Smoking resort? Having a fire and also candles was too contradictory of that policy. Smoke comes from other sources besides tobacco. However, breakfast was not so good. The omelet was overcooked enough to be dry. The pancakes were small and there had been too much oil on the griddle and they had that fried taste of oil, instead of oil being just enough to keep the pancakes from sticking to the griddle.
- EXCELLENT OUTINGHaruDined on 4/13/2014This was our second visit to the Seagrille Seafood & Sushi Restaurant. Coincidentally we sat at exactly the same table, although we had not requested it. The staff were attentive without being fussy. They were polite and service was quick...compared to other places where you wait 20 or more minutes for courses to arrive. The lamb was done perfectly and my daughter said her bass dish was very tasty. Pricing is mid-range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the stayNoreenDined on 3/22/2014A very enjoyable night married with good food , outstanding ambiance and good service. The wine list is excellent albeit very expensive so take advance of the corkage at $20.00 a bottle .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always excellent atFuzzyDined on 3/22/2014Food is always excellent at Seagrille and also at he pub. Great location for locals.Special Features:
- church of foodxlntfoodDined on 3/8/2014Our dining experience at the Seagrille was memorable, the wait-staff were friendly, helpful and professional, the surroundings very comfortable, and most importantly, the meal was sublime. Our food arrived hot, the ingredients fresh, and the flavours complex and subtle, allowing the stellar seafood to shine!Special Features:
- Great food, server wasn't up toAnniversaryDined on 3/6/2014Went for our anniversary, was asked for our coupon quite abruptly as soon as we got there, waitress wasn't overly friendly. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super relaxing spotrobinDined on 3/1/2014A friend and I needed a breather from life. This restaurant delivered all that we asked for. The sushi is excellent. Service was good and we got a window table - very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!foodnwine52Dined on 2/22/2014This is the second time in a month my husband and I have had dinner here. Both times the meals left us wanting more. Not only is the food consistently delicious but the surroundings are beautiful. The service is excellent. My top pick for a special evening. Top notch, we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times were had by AllLadylaughsalotDined on 2/21/2014Over all our experience was wonderful! The food was presented and prepared with care and was original. Everything was great! Only criticism I would offer is, it took a long time for a server to come to the table once I was seated and the noise level was a bit distracting. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Over-rated And UnderwhelmedTheMagpieDined on 2/15/2014We were dismayed at our experience - were seated on Valentine's weekend in the middle of a chaotic and loud restaurant (two tables of 12 - 14 people right behind us). Not romantic! We had to yell to hear each other. It took a while to be served in the first place and then waited much longer for the food to arrive. The lamb was okay (bland), but the ling cod was tough and chewy, way over-cooked on a bed of flavourless risotto. Our server was polite but showed little interest in our satisfaction with the meal and when we pointed out its deficiencies, his only response was that we should have alerted him sooner. The fish was uneaten and the risotto was only eaten out of desperation. Big waste of money. Will we never return.Special Features:
- Valentine' day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Enjoyed our evening but a couple of things distracted from the experience. First, this restaurant is somewhat pricey for the quality of the food. I do not hesitate to pay for well executed food, but this is the second time in the last few months we have dined at Seagrille and the main courses have been overlooked. I had the fish for valentines and it was tough and dry. The vegetables were nice but very scant. On the previous occasion mentioned I had risotto which was over cooked to the point of being gummy and mushy. I live just around the corner and really want BBL to be my go to place, but feel I need to see some improvement in the execution of the meals.I would recommend this to a friend.
- treatdreamerDined on 2/8/2014Beautiful surroundings and food excellent. Chef was very accomodating to our dietary concerns and staff try to do everything to please, note vegetarians and wheat intolerance. Sushi was reasonably priced and beautifully presented. The sushi chefs were friendly. We had the sturgeon one night and it was prepared perfectly. The restaurant staff was knowledgeable, but seemed to have abit of trouble when the dining room became busier as we noticed a few diners waiting impatiently for service at their tables. I know this is a fine line as when the server did serve you, they did do their best to take care of you and not make you feel rushed. The restaurant surroundings are beautiful and one could not ask for a better location.Special Features:
- Outstanding meal and servicelocalDined on 1/29/2014We live a block away and know the quality and reputation of the Brentwood Bay Resort and Spa. We had dined once before in the pub but decided to try the Seafood Grille and Sushi restaurant for a special occasion. All the meals are made to order, so I could get less salt. The food was excellent. We had seafood, didn't try the Sushi, or the beef, but the seafood was the best we've had for a long time. The meals we had were $28 and $29, came with warm bread multigrain bread, and were of the size to be filling enough that we choose not to have afters. Our table looked out over the pool and deck. The pool was lit from under the water and the steam rising was a comforting. We could have sat next to the fireplace but we chose the window. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brentwood Restaurant is rebornOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/17/2014We were so pleased with our meals at the Seagrill the other night. It can see it becoming our family favourite again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/2/2014Food was excellent and service was great wonderful view.had dinner and breakfast next day and service was consistent and food was greatSpecial Features:
- Fantastic dinnerGeneDined on 12/27/2013We had a table for 2 by the window overlooking the marina. Lighting was so romantic and the place was so quiet. The raw oysters as my starter were so fresh and the beef rib was so tender and a taste to die for. The service was superb and all servers seem to enjoy what they are doing and act as it they are your long time friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Merry ChristmasJimboDined on 12/25/2013We dined there on Christmas evening. The food and wine were both very good-wonderful sashimi and desert selections. Our server, Nolan had a great command of both the main menu and wine list and, despite a busy house (mostly guests at the Brentwood Bay Resort) had time for us. Appetizers: Tuna Tataki and Oysters ***** Mains: Sashimi: *****, Filet Mignon (Blue): *****(melt-in-mouth perfect), Salmon Special **1/2 (very greasy and overdone) Dessert: Sticky Toffee Pudding: ****, Pumpkin Cheesecake: ***1/2, Wine:(Mission Hill Blanc): ***** Coffee: ***** (extremely robust!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food was well presentedfoodie2Dined on 12/25/2013Our food was well presented and delicious! The best tuna tataki I have ever tasted. Great ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were just the two ofAggieDined on 12/25/2013There were just the two of us for Christmas dinner and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!!rockcodDined on 12/25/2013This is a must try if you are in Brentwood bay! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice facilities, good ambiance,DiningOutDined on 12/24/2013Nice facilities, good ambiance, some dishes outstanding (mind the Seafood rissotto) some others not. Attentive service, though seemed to wear out in the end.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not paying attention to detailsFoodieDined on 12/20/2013I booked this restaurant thru open table and put a request in for a table by the window and informed them this dinner is for birthday occasion. I called the restaurant and confirm these requests as well. when we get to the restaurant, the ambient/background noise was quite loud. The food quality was decent and we would say we enjoyed the food, but taste and presentation could be better for the price. To my surprise the server did not seem to be aware of any of the requests . I felt quite terrible that the supposed to be surprise did not work out for because of the server did not pay attention. What a shame....Special Features: