Seaglass Restaurant and Lounge
4 Oceanfront North
Salisbury, MA 01952Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seaglass Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seaglassoceanside.com/
- Phone: 9784625800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Saturday: 11:30am-10pm, Sunday Brunch: 10am-2pm, Sunday Dinner: 3pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Harley Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for information.
- Private Party Contact: Patty King 9784625800x113
- Entertainment: Thursday--Various
Friday--Piano and Vocals
Saturday--Live Bands and Dancing, 8:30pm-11:30pm
- Special Events: Themed Brunches, Cooking Classes, Weekday Bar & Lounge Promotions September-May: Monday--$9 Haddock, Tuesday--$5 Burgers, Wednesday--$1 Raw Bar 5-7pm, Thursday and Friday--$5 Small Plates.
A word from Seaglass Restaurant and Lounge
Panoramic ocean views. The feel of waves breaking gently beneath your feet. A contemporary yet comfortable atmosphere offering creative American cuisine prepared by Executive Chef Harley Smith. This is Seaglass Restaurant, a 175-seat upscale casual dining experience at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean on Salisbury Beach. Ideal for intimate get-together's as well as gatherings with friends or family, Seaglass Restaurant offers fresh fish, steak, seafood and seasonal, farm-to-table entrees prepared with regional ingredients. Many menu items may be prepared Gluten-Friendly. Seaglass also welcomes large group gatherings for social or corporate occasions for up to 30 guests in the dining room and for 35 or more in larger function rooms. Contact the restaurant for parties of 12 or more guests. PLEASE NOTE THAT SEAGLASS TRIES TO HONOR ALL RESERVATION REQUESTS, HOWEVER THERE ARE A LIMITED NUMBER OF WINDOW SEATS OFTEN RESERVED WEEKS IN ADVANCE. PLEASE CONTACT THE RESTAURANT FOR AVAILABILITY.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Seaglass Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Salisbury ›
Seaglass Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (144)special occasion (98)romantic (80)great for brunch (55)great for lunch (47)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (40)vibrant bar scene (24)notable wine list (16)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Average at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014The view is lovely, but the food was very average. Consider the haddock sandwich I had. The bun was soggy, smeared with too much flavorless tarter sauce, and the fish, although good, was covered with a salsa that clashed with the tarter sauce and overpowered the fish. It was accompanied by lettuce and a tomato which made no sense sense since it had a salsa on it. The side of sweet potatoes were very unevenly cooked and pretty flavorless. It was a lovely place to have lunch and nothing was bad, but nothing was especially good either.Special Features:
- Brunchweetamoe79Dined on 10/19/2014We went there for lunch to celebrate my sister's birthday, but didn't realize that on Sunday it's only the brunch. Didn't matter! They served everything from shrimp, fish, a carving station, salads, vegetables, breakfast meats, build your own omelets and assorted desserts. I don't usually like 'buffet style' food, but everything was fresh, hot and delicious. Definitely telling my friends and returning!Special Features:
- ServiceAnnpopDined on 10/18/2014Waitress we had did not listen to anything we said. Three out of four dinners we're screwed up,even second glasses of wine were the wrong ones ! For the money, it was a frustrating experience.Special Features:
- Bad serviceFrequentvisitorDined on 10/18/2014Service has been slipping, today was mo different. Waiter was nice but doubled as bartender. It took 35 minutes to get salads starters and an hour for entrees. Groups around us were vocal with their poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with small glitchesSliceDined on 10/17/2014Over all a very good dining experience. I'd mention 2 small changes that would have improved my visit. The reservation experience needed some work. I made them online thru Open Table. It mentioned having to call the restaurant to insure that special requests (window table) were ok. I called and talked with restaurant and was told that my request was fine and my reservation was confirmed. I also received a confirming email. The following day I received a voice mail saying that I had to call the restaurant to confirm reservations. I ignored the additional request. 1 1/2 hrs b4 our reservation I received a call asking if we were coming. Over kill. Our waitress failed to mention that there were specials available for selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good the second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Somewhat disappointed, although our entree's were fine, the ceasar salad was a disappointment - the server forgot to put the dressing on the salad and brought out a small cup of bottle dressing, the shrimp cocktail was not worth the price and the bread pudding didn't have anything in it.Special Features:
- Not so happy birthday brunch...jacobydadDined on 10/12/2014Our reservation was for 1:00 p.m. As requested, we were able to sit at an Oceanside window seat. The buffet was sparse, most chafing dishes empty or nearly empty. Shrimp & roast beef gone, we were able to enjoy a few shrimp just prior to leaving as more were brought out. It looked like we were too late, though the buffet still had another hour to go. Wait person did not offer more coffee or water but had to be asked. Second cup of coffee was luke warm. Return customer, first and last time buffet customer. Left feeling ripped off & hungry.Special Features:
- always goodducmanDined on 10/4/2014sitting right at ocean's edge, with a wall of windows, the view is great. there's an extensive wine list, but i haven't been drinking wine lately so I didn't give it a good look. there are several beers on tap but I wouldn't call it a craft beer haven. there's a good menu. lots of tasty appetizers and several salads. There's a good range of main courses with lots of seafood choices, several pasta dishes and many grill choices. The wait staff is always pleasant and attentive, although things can slow down if a big group comes in. seaglass is worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view, great food.HappyHamptonDined on 10/3/2014We visited on a night while there was a storm out to see right before high tide, so the ocean was a spectacular show that everyone could see right from their table. Our table was on the south window. I think the east facing window would have been even better. The food and service was just as good as the view. The wine list was a little lack-luster though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014Seaglass was an excellent choice for a girls luncheon, service was great,food delicious (mussels,salad and a glass of Chardonnay for me). Most notable was the view by the window,even on a dreary day it was so great to look at the ocean,peaceful! They also did not rush us out so we stayed for 2 hours!! We then went to the gift shop and Anne was wonderful! Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- *****Another GREAT visitBrendaDined on 9/28/2014Good Food, Friendly & Cheerful Staff, Ocean views ....what more can you ask for..!!! Congrats to the Manager/Owner.Special Features:
- They made everything rightRaylafVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is always a special place for us. This time my food was great but my wife's salmon had been sitting under a heat lamp for too long and everything was dried out including the vegatables. However they made every effort to correct their mistake and brought all fresh food out quickly and it was great.Special Features:
- The most amazing view...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is mostly about the view so try to make a reservation by the window (or 2nd row from window)at least 1/2 hour before sunset so you can enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot!!!MikeVIPDined on 9/24/2014I wish I knew about this spot earlier. The view is awesome, nothing but water and crashing waves. Beautiful view!! The food was great as well, the service was very strong and the food was spot on. Very accommodating on food allergies as well. Definitely adding to the rotation.Special Features:
- DisappointedBirthdayNOBigdeal1Dined on 9/21/2014On my reservation I told them I was celebrating 3 BIRTHDAYS...MY HUSBAND 50 and our two sons 23 and 17. We never got a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY...or even an offer for a cupcake. We usually go to Morton's in Boston and they give us speical menu's with their names on it and always have a small cake to celebrate. More detail would have gone a long way. The food was good and the price was good.We got there a little early and had to wait for the window seat, which I was excited about UNTIL we were put on the side of the resturant and again this was a let down as well. I was excited about going to Seaglass and maybe I was expecting more and I was let down. Would I go back YES...but not for a speical occassion. It's not sort of place in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchLoveToDineOutDined on 9/21/2014Recently enjoyed the Sunday brunch. First time at this restaurant. Would definitely go back. Looking forward to having dinner at the Sea Glass sometime in the future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014We brought friends from San Francisco, CA, where they are used to fine dining and they were very impressed with the food and ocean view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!zapperladyDined on 9/18/2014I made reservations at the Seaglass for our 36th anniversary. I asked for a seat overlooking the water but unfortunately did not get one. We could see the water from our table though. The atmosphere is beautiful. Our server was very good, and the food was outstanding. We each got a different type of salad to start. I got the Seaglass and it was the best salad I ever had. My husband got the Blt salad and he really enjoyed it. The bread basket had olive bread and a few other types of bread. Yum! My husband got shrimp cocktail it was good but at $3 for each shrimp they certainly should be. Both of our meals were delicious. I got sea scallops and my husband got a ribeye. The sides served with the entries were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful eveningSeahawk19Dined on 9/12/2014We truly enjoyed dining at the Seaglass....food and service was excellent as usual....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time meetFriend1stmeetingDined on 9/7/2014The Sea Glass was just a super find. I was having two of my friends meet for the first time and I was looking for a half way travel spot. The Sea Glass was perfect. The food was very good. The bunch had so much to offer and the price was not outragious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallBrettDined on 9/6/2014Love this place. Only suggestion is to not lock couples into a certain table if others are open. We waited 45 minutes with other two seaters open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerCmistDined on 9/5/2014Seaglass is one of my wife’s favorite restaurants. I actually prefer the sister property Capri, but made reservations there to celebrate her and a dear friends birthdays. Great table at the windows as requested. Tremendous service. The meals were all very good; my only issue was the potatoes au gratin served with the lamb were quite under cooked. The other two meals were outstanding according to my wife and her friend. Overall, recommend highly you give it a try.Special Features:
- Upscale, limited menuMassDinerDined on 8/31/20144 people, dinner August 30th. If you want a seat by the window, YOU MUST SPECIFY at time of reservation, otherwise be ready for a snooty response from the hostess. This means that if you use OpenTable; you'll never get a nice window seat. Food was very good. Service was o.k.... I was disappointed that when we asked to take leftovers home, Darryl just tossed a takeout box and bag on the table.. "Here you go..." Not exactly 5-stars... Cosmo's were very good as was the house Cab. This could easily be a 4-star restaurant with a little more training.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly ChicHulaGirl20Dined on 8/31/2014Sat by the window, had beautiful view of the ocean. Brunch was very tasty, nice variety of food choices for both breakfast and lunch items. Laid back decor. Waitress checked on us frequently. I had asked for a glass of milk and it never arrived, had to ask again, no apology from waitress for waiting 10+ minutes to receive it. Angry Mary and BloodOrange Mimosas very good. Peach Bellini basically had no peach in it, very disappointed with it. Would go back again for brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderfulBabs2000Dined on 8/30/2014Great food great service. Ate one of daily special sea bass incredible. Great flavors crab risotto to go with wonderfully prepared. An exceptional pairingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineNdineDined on 8/29/2014Lovely, quaint atmosphere. Food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking view with great food!!LousinDined on 8/29/2014Romantic atmosphere. Great music. Great food with breathtaking views of the ocean. It was our first time there and we will definitely recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpinchachaDined on 8/29/2014Great food. Attentive service. Gorgeous view (even tho we couldn't get a window table). One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB!GorillazooDined on 8/28/2014Never a disappointment -- outstanding all around and to be comfortable inside on the beach is a true delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Brunch!twicej59Dined on 8/24/2014I brought my mother there for her 89th birthday and she thought it was wonderful, as did I. We had the brunch and the food was hot, fresh, replaced often, and a huge assortment of both breakfast and lunch items. Our plates were removed quickly as well as the silverware so we could get up for more and upon returning to our table, clean silverware. That made a big difference to me! I would highly recommend the Seaglass Restaurant and Lounge! We will be back I'm sure to try the menu offerings!Special Features:
- raylhDined on 8/23/2014I brought two friends and they enjoyed it trmendouslySpecial Features:
- Disappointing servicediningoutDined on 8/20/2014Beginning my review in the same manner in which our first time experience was at Seaglass, negative. Reservations for 8. Arrived at 7:57 & sent to the lounge. 3 bartenders, 10 mins @ bar w/no service, hostess informed us it would be 10-15 mins more. Apologized w/the explanation they "had a lot of walk-ins" that evening. Would we have been better off walking in without reservations? Still waiting for drinks, bartender exits the bar, I made eye contact and he realized we had no drinks. Tone was set for the evening. Table waitstaff attentive, but robotic. Food warm but not hot, potatoes were boring & tasteless, not spectacular/special. I set the bar too high for this place. Very disappointing experience for our milestone anniversary.Special Features:
- no3betterDined on 8/20/2014injoy, its as good,as it gets!! 10th, time eating at seeglass, hope to return again soon.Special Features:
- Lovely view and wonderful foodAnnJDined on 8/20/2014I had heard about Seaglass over the years and decided to go there for our anniversary dinner. I booked in advance to get a good table by the window and the view was spectacular - but all the tables look out over an incredible ocean view. The food was excellent overall (one dish was a bit heavy on the salt, but still delicious) and the service was excellent. The complimentary anniversary dessert was a really nice touch and much appreciated! We enjoyed watching the birds, paddle boarders, and boats zipping around; it gave the dinner an extra dimension. The bar looked like fun; they seem to have quite a few special events with food there and we both said we'd like to come back to check them out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BevnelDined on 8/18/2014I have been here many times. The experience this past visit was disappointing. We could not get a table at the window and the dish which was a special Swordfish was not at all tasty. Service as always was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Experience!BriErnie2003Dined on 8/17/2014Celebrated my 11th anniversary last Sunday night! We had great service and the food was awesome! We were seated by the windows in the corner and we loved the view!! All in all it was a fabulous evening for us!! Plus the complementary dessert was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedithawtunuDined on 8/17/2014Once again the Sea Glass went above and beyond in all aspects. The food and drinks were fantastic. Our waitress Cheryl was very attentive to our dining needs. Open table worked perfectly. I would recommend this to all. 2 people 87 dollars food and drinks along with appetizers. Worth every dollarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- atticDined on 8/14/2014Great view Disappointed in food Maybe we ordered the wrong thing Nice gift shop Nice to be back in Salisbury Will try lunch next timeSpecial Features:
- wonderful mid-day dining experiencePaulDined on 8/14/2014Went to celebrate our wedding anniversary with another couple and asked to be seated at the windows. We knew the high-tide was approaching and the waves washing up over the windows provided a wonderfully scenic backdrop to a great afternoon meal. The service was very good and the meals were excellent which made for a perfect anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!GaryCDined on 8/12/2014This restaurant boasts a remarkable view of the Salisbury Coastline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.