Hilton Sandestin Resort
4000 S. Sandestin Blvd.
Destin, FL 32550Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.seagarsdestin.com/
- Phone: 8506221500x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday 6:00 until 9:00
Open 7 Days a Week from May 25 through August 31.
Reservations Strongly Requested
Dress Code Enforced:
Men: Khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.
Ladies: Capri’s, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts.
Not permitted in dining room: T-Shirts, Tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing.
Youth 12 and older must adhere to the dress code.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Vargo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Seagar’s offers private dining rooms, perfect for rehearsal dinners, VIP dinners or larger opulent business affairs for meetings or receptions. Seagar's Prime Steaks and Seafood is proud to offer private dining facilities for every occasion.
Private rooms available for groups sizes from 2-40.
Customized menus for group dining.
*GROUPS OVER 40 MAY BE SEATED SEMI-PRIVATELY IN THE MAIN DINING ROOM.
- Private Party Contact: Nichole Moen 8502679634x
- Entertainment: Live piano music nightly.
A word from Seagar's Restaurant
Featuring prime beef, fresh seafood and a private wine room with more than 600 labels.We invite you to experience the good life and to indulge you and your guests in the finest dining experience at Seagar’s. Our elegant atmosphere, classic fine cuisine and unsurpassed attention to service have designated us as Northwest Florida’s first AAA 4-Diamond restaurant. Seagar’s offers a complete fine dining experience, including captain service, tableside preparation of items such as Steak Diane, Dover Sole and Bananas Foster, as well as an intimate lounge, featuring music from our grand piano. Dress code is Sophisticated Casual. Gentlemen are asked to wear collared shirts and long pants.Continued
No T-Shirts, Athletic Wear or Hats. Dress Jeans are permitted.
Jackets not required but appreciated.
No T-Shirts, Athletic Wear or Hats. Dress Jeans are permitted.
Jackets not required but appreciated.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Seagar's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Destin ›
Seagar's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)romantic (39)notable wine list (37)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (14)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Tasty Tourist TreatAshleyGHVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food was well presented and scrumptious. A little pricy but that's to be expected at a fine dining establishment. Would recommend for couples or small group for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLisaCDined on 9/6/2014The drinks, food, service & atmosphere were perfect. Special day celebrating birthdays and we were treated with a chocolate soufflé which ended the dinner perfectly! If you want to dine here a specific date make sure you get reservations several weeks in advance or you might miss out!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!SherylSMDined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed a nice anniversary dinner here while visiting Destin. Everything was perfect & it was a terrific dining experience, I highly recommend it for great food &/or special occasion celebrations.Special Features:
- OutstandingScottandHeatherDined on 9/6/2014Me and the love of my life took a quick weekend away and stumbled upon this great place in the hotel we were staying. The food was amazing(ribeye, eggplant and tomato Napoleon, King Crab legs), as well as the service and the atmosphere. The live music added a romantic touch along with the ambiance. I would highly recommend this place for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best!MrsCAY7Dined on 8/29/2014Seagars is hands down the best restaurant in Destin! Ask for Sandy as a waitress...she is wonderful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's no excuse for bad servicejd60610VIPDined on 8/29/2014There's nothing worse than paying a lot for bad service. At least the entire staff was consistent....consistently bad, that is. The host never looked up when we arrived. We sat for 15 minutes before being greeted by the server, and then another 15 minutes before our wine arrived - and not the wine we ordered. We had to ask twice for water, had to ask for bread, and halfway through our evening, the waiter handed us off to a bus boy or new waiter, who never brought us the check when asked. No one checked on us during the meal. If this were a casual eatery, I might be more lenient with the review, but if you expect me to pay $20 for two scallops, I expect stellar service. One can get good seafood almost anywhere in Sandestin.
- StunningOTPDinerVIPDined on 8/25/2014Every moment of our visit to Seagar's was a delight. Superb service, excellent wine menu, delectable menu. Very old-school without feeling stuffy. Now that a small new upstart airline offers direct flights from PDK to Destin I seriously might consider flying down again just to dine here.Special Features:
- much better food at Fleming'scetleyDined on 8/16/2014if you're in Destin and want fine dining....... spend your money at Fleming's not at Seagar's. mediocre bone in filet. terrible table made caesar (overdressed, no anchovies available). the rock lobster is nothing noteworthy. way overpriced food that pales in comparison to other steakhouses in the area. waste of moneySpecial Features:
- Great foodDerase1Dined on 8/15/2014The food was wonderful especially the truffle frys our waiter was attentive and personable could not ask for a better dinning experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cut AboveFLTravelerDined on 8/9/2014Normally, you don't expect to find exceptional food at the beach. You may find a few good places, but nothing noteworthy. I'm pleased to report that Seagar's is the exception. My wife was there two weeks ago for a business dinner, and bragged about it. So, when we found we were headed that direction this past weekend, I made reservations for dinner to celebrate her birthday, along with our 17 yo granddaughter. I had pan-seared snapper with homemade pasta, my wife had Dover sole, and our granddaughter had steak. All of the entrees were outstanding, as well as the appetizers, sides, and desserts. The service was just right-attentive, but not intrusive. It's not cheap, but worth it in my opinion for that special occasion. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience.SeasideDined on 8/5/2014We had great service, great food, and the atmosphere was wonderful. Ask to done in the wine room for a very romantic, intimate setting. We will always done there when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined there numerous timesAUKevinDined on 8/2/2014Seagars is the best restaurant I have ever dined in. All around exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Amazing food! Very expensive, but worth every penny for special occasions or romantic dates. Wonderful atmosphere and quality service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014We had a great dinner at Seagar's! I had dover sole and hubby had a filet. Delicious and great service! Loved the live piano!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!heidim08Dined on 7/23/2014Best steak that we have ever had. Amazing service. Best drinks. This restaurant is head and shoulders above any other around here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMichellernDined on 7/20/2014Was our 25 year Anniversary food was excellent...However waited for cocktail s about 10 min twice but love the food and would come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectcouplewhoeatsDined on 7/19/2014The evening could not have been nicer. We wanted a special evening out and that is exactly what we received. Everything from the service to the food was amazing. Very pleased!Special Features:
- Great SteakDouglascenDined on 7/10/2014The filet was the best. The twice baked potato was unbelievable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!FeedmemoreDined on 7/6/2014Service was impeccable. Even though we had several young adults in our group of eight, the captain treated us with utmost respect. The food was fantastic. The steaks were all cooked to order. The chef did a wonderful job with the seafood tower. The lobster melted in your mouth. Caesar salad prepared tableside was delicious and plentiful. Chocolate soufflé was delicious and oversized - easily serves two or more people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/4/2014Great service and incredible food. Saw both vacationers and locals enjoying a fantastic meal and perfect experience. Highly recommend. Would absolutely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014The food, service and Manager Tia was so great we went back for dinner the next night.Special Features:
- Seagars dinninghavfunDined on 6/30/2014The food and service were excellent. However, the ambience is missing. I planned to were a coat and tie but the dress code stated " collared shirt and long pants required, coat preferred". I was the only one in the restaurant with a coat. There were T-shirts, shorts, and very casual attire. I think you should maintain your stated dress code.Special Features:
- PerfectionApril902VIPDined on 6/26/2014Highly trained staff. Delicious food and amazing wine list. Really wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!GeeWhizDined on 6/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed Seagars ... the variety of menu options makes it a great place to dine for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2014We had an anniversary dinner here 3 years ago and received congratulations from maitre d and the wait staff including a complementary champagne toast however this year nothing said or acknowledged even though they knew it was our anniversary. Had the bone in filet as it was recommended however was disappointed the regular filet would have been just as good for much less, never were asked how everything was and had the feeling that we were more of an annoyance than customers. Will be our last visit to this restaurant.
- MCH1Dined on 6/18/2014Seagar's never disappoints. We look forward to dining at Seagar's each and every time we travel to Destin. The staff is so friendly and they always make us feel welcomed. The food is spectacular! Seagar's is our favorite restaurant in the world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food-okay serviceCJSBirminghamALDined on 6/12/2014The food at Seagar's never disappoints and we always make a point to visit when we are in SanDestin. Our reservations were for 8:00 p.m. on Thursday night. The restaurant was not very crowded. However, it did feel like we were ignored for the first 10-15 minutes after we were seated. I am not a huge fan of the tag team approach to service. The "lead" waitress did a poor job; the other waitress was fantastic. The food was great. The warm spinach salad was terrific. There are few places who do steaks as well as Seagar's. My filet did not disappoint. We shared the sauteed mushrooms and macaroni and cheese. Both were excellent. I would highly recommend the creme brulee. Ours was topped with maple infused whipped cream that was superb.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/1/2014It had been several years since I'd been to Seagars but it was terrific. They just opened for the summer season on Sunday nights and the place was very thin. We had lots of attention from the serving team but not obtrusive. The steaks were great. Planning to go back at next chance.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!HaycathyVIPDined on 5/27/2014Thank you to Seagar's for making our anniversary dinner so special. We were seated in a private dining room in their cellar and our dinner and service were outstanding. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestSonyaDined on 5/27/2014The absolute best food and service in the area. I enjoyed all aspects of our experience at seagars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 387 reviews are from the Seagar's Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Great restaurant. Impeccable service. Of course you pay for what you get so total bill,for,4" of,us was $600.00 plus. But worth it for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Best Porterhouse Ever!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Everything was EXCELLENT!! Best Porterhouse ever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Technology not appreciatedBenchmarkDined on 5/20/2014My wife and I have always tried to dine at Seagars every time we vacation in the area. We have aways had great personal service and excellent food. This time our waiter was not very personal and just handed us the wine list on a tablet device and left. Don't know if he was over seated or what but the high level of service was severly lacking. The wines by the glass have shrunk and the wine list itself is no longer what it was. My wife was very put off at the beverage menu presentation on a tablet. We very much prefer tointeract with the staff about wine or beverage choices. I will say that the food is still marvelous and the ambiance is still as good or not better than ever. We, however will not be back.Special Features:
- Little expensive for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2014The steak was very good and the service was excellent however the price for the meal was to high for what. We have been to most of the best steaks houses in the U.S and the bill actually surprised me on what it cost for two to eat.
- The BestLove2PrimeDineDined on 5/13/2014Best fine dining experience ever. Unique steak flavor, waiter was very knowledgeable & on top of his game. I compare to other prime steakhouses I have been to : Dallas, San Francisco, Chicago, Honolulu etc. It is in my top two!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than stellarfinewineDined on 5/6/2014service and wine list were wonderful, but the food was disappointing. A calamari appetizer was mostly bread and cold. The entrees - filet and lamb -were beautiful but so salty that they were almost inedible. Highlight was a very hot cream spinach side dish. We do not mind spending over $300 for 2 people but we expect best in class in all areas when we do. Seagar's did not live up to our expectations and does not compare favorably with other prime steak house near by.Special Features:
- Tremendous food, wine & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/1/2014We make it a priority to enjoy dinner at Segar's each year during our visit. It is always a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014We had a great dinning experience Good for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- My favorite meal in lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/19/2014Everything about this steakhouse is perfect, from food to service. Every time my family come to the area, we make a special visit to Seagar's for our favorite meal. No caesar salad in the world compares and the souffle is heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good standard steakhouseSteveVIPDined on 4/7/2014We had the mac-n-cheese, summer vegetables, 8oz filet, bone-in filet and caesar salad (made tableside). Everything was good except for the sauce that came with our steaks. It was VERY salty to a point that it dropped flavor of the steaks. Without it, the steaks tasted good. The service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.