270 S. 20th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seafoodunlimited.com/
- Phone: 2157323663
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday:5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Judi Einhorn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our entire menu, as well as other selections are available for delivery, setup and service in the Center City area.
- Cross Street: 20th and Spruce
- Public Transit: #12 bus lets off 1 block away at 20th & Locust. #17 bus lets off at 20th & Spruce across the street and #7 bus lets off at 22nd & Spruce 2 blocks away.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: On street parking is available as well as a lot and garage at 20th & Walnut 1 1/2 blocks away.
A word from Seafood Unlimited
We are Philadelphia' oldest seafood restaurant serving our neighbors as well as out of town guests for over 40 years in a casual setting. We specialize in the freshest fish, seafood and live lobsters purchased and shipped in on a daily basis. Daily offerings include wild salmon, day boat scallops, sea bass, jumbo shrimp, tuna, catfish, crabcakes and the aforementioned live lobsters to name just a few of the items on our menu. Be sure to save room for our homemade desserts like key lime pie, chocolate mousse, bread pudding and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seafood Unlimited reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)fit for foodies (26)romantic (15)special occasion (13)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (6)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great Seafood, healthy choicesjanieDined on 10/18/2014I eat for health as well as taste. Seafood Unlimited has great, fresh seafood, with many healthy and tasty options and terrific vegetable sides.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/12/2014Went for brunch because a seafood brunch sounded awesome. It was just OK. Food was not bad, a little on the salty side, but I had cheesy shrimp and grits, and I guess that's to be expected. My partner had a fried oyster po' boy that she said was tasty and Dad had a Crabmeat Benedict On Toasted Brioche, now that was pretty darn good. It was very quiet, the place was empty at 1130. The service was pleasant and attentive and the décor was well done. My only negative was that the Mimosas were flat- I'm sure we got the end of yesterday's bottle of champagne, and as I read the menu online afterward, I realized that there had been no mention of "endless" drinks- no refills were offered, no problem- flat Mimosas aren't so great anyway...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and value.GoodEaterDined on 10/10/2014Love this restaurant! Always has specials and food is served piping hot. Last time we were there, lobster with 2 sides was only $18.50. Terrific value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeromeoldguyDined on 10/5/2014Mussels and lobster specials are always a treat, especially "all you can eat" mussels on Mondays. Great mussels, great bargain.Special Features:
- Great experienceSdinerDined on 9/26/2014I loved the food the $18 lobster was excellent, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehhh it was just ok!AliciaBDined on 9/19/2014I wouldn't go back...the food was very mediocre. ...didnt taste really homemade. It was just not a good experience. So unfortunately that's a one and done. If your a real foody then you will not be impressed.
- Good for Restaurant WeekFoodieSplurgeDined on 9/19/2014The menu for Restaurant Week had good choices; however, the portions were small. I ordered the Shrimp and Asparagus over pasta. Lots of pasta, 4/5 shrimp, and it looked like they cut the stalks of asparagus into thirds. The carrot cake slice was small and dry. My sister ordered the pumpkin bread pudding, and it was delicious and a generous serving. We ordered coffee with dessert, and it was lukewarm. I kept wondering if this was their usual lunch portions, and if it had not been Restaurant Week, what would they have charged? The food was tasty but not worth paying more than $20 for. Don't know if I will go back there again.....will stay with my usual Devon Seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Try it for restaurant week. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a blast!FatgirlinsideDined on 9/17/2014Where else can you get a four course prix fix for $35??? NE Clam chowder was to die for with big pieces of clam. Drinks were FABULOUS! Would definitely do it again. Kudos, Dave!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonnaVIPDined on 9/16/2014a comfortable dining destination with the kind of food that you might receive at a friend's house...if he or she is a good cook/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner!JimwithJenVIPDined on 9/14/2014Everyone in our party was thrilled with their meal during Restaurant week. One commented on how great the steak was at a seafood place. I recommend the jumbo fried shrimp (after restaurant week) as they are the best. No one I have been with has ever had a bad meal here but if anything is not right just ask because I know they will fix it. The owners care about your experience and I have watched them go out of their way to make customers happy. If you can't get a reservation on open table you can still walk in and sit at the bar and see if they can squeeze you in. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014The sangria was good, but a very small glass for the price. Food was very mediocre and not particularly tasty. the sea bass was very disappointing, like eating a big fish stick. The sides were flavorless and the veggies overcooked. There were 6 of us, all with different plates, and we all agreed that the food was very unimpressive
- Ok for foodBrunchDined on 9/14/2014The appetizers were made with fresh food. However entree is another matter. The fish was frozen not fresh. Would not come back again.
- Good Spur of the moment choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Was looking for a place for a bite to eat with the Misses, came across this on the Open table app, The calamri i had was great!, The seafood trio was more than what my eyes could eat just the presentation alone was delightful & colorful, & all for an reasonable price. The restuarnt was qauint but vibrant. We loved everything about it & will be eating there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would pass on this restaurantMiizlovefoodDined on 9/12/2014I went during restaurant week 2014. The decor of the restaurant was nice. The soup was the best item of the meal. The steak & shrimp entree was ok, the mash potatoes were cold, & the drinks were nasty. The female waitress stuck the receipt holder down the back of her pants...nasty & the male waiter appeared excessively amped up. I would not visit again.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014After being seated and waiting for 10+ minutes, our waiter finally came to acknowledge us and take our order. We later noticed that the bar tender was also our waiter. This is probably not the best use of resources when you have 6-8 people eating and drinking at the bar. We asked if the restaurant week menu was the only one being offered and were told yes, so we ordered accordingly. We later noticed that a large party eating nearby did not order from the restaurant week menu because they had several dishes that we were not offered. The food was average, so I will not return nor recommend it due to the poor service and average food. There are much better places to enjoy amazing food and wonderful service in the city compared to this place.
- Good for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We went during lunch. There was no wait to be seated as we and another couple were in the restaurant. The food was good and there were good choices for restaurant week. I do not know if I would go for dinner as the restaurant was small and seating could be more of a problem during peak dinner times.Special Features:
- Everything was good!FairmountdinerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Four of us had dinner here on a Thursday evening. It was restaurant week, so the menu was more limited than usual, but there was still plenty to choose from, and everything we ordered was delicious. Our server, Christian, was attentive, informative and very pleasant. We will definitely come back here!Special Features:
- delightful lunchfillyfoodieDined on 9/11/2014The restaurant was small with some outdoor seating available. The food was good, nothing that stands out, but no big complaints. The service was outstanding and all courses came out quickly. The ambiance and decor were lovely, including the three dimensional mosaic wall. Would recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Restaurant Week DelightduckyDined on 9/9/2014Seafood Unlimited has long been reliable for solid & reasonably priced seafood dining. But their Restaurant Week dinner was exceptional: four courses - not three - for $35, & the entrees were wonderful. The generous Panko crusted Sea Bass with couscous was a delight, as were the Jumbo Shrimp & Tenderloin. Very limited wine list, but a bottle of the featured wine (a Pinot Grigio fron Friuli) can't be beat for $19.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodNEphilliesDined on 9/8/2014Tried for the first time during restaurant week. Enjoyed everything about it. The food was excellent and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- felt uncomfortableunsatisfiedDined on 9/7/2014When I first arrived, I told them that I had a reservation and they said that my reservation wasn't listed. They seated us anyway because there was no one there. We asked if we can get a booth and they said no because of big parties was supposed to arrive. No one else arrived. The waitress was sort of cool. She was the only one who tried to really interact with our table. I asked the host about the complimentary or reduced parking and he act like he didn't know what I was taking about but I just overheard him talking to the bartender about it. I felt like they were really rude. My food was kind of cold. The soup wasn't warm enough. The appetizer was the only good thing really. When we were leaving out they didn't even acknowledge us.
- DelightfulMeatherDined on 9/7/2014I have never been to this restaurant and saw the menu for Restaurant Week 2014. I would highly recommend it, we went on a Sunday afternoon and it wasn't too crowded and all of the staff were great!Special Features:
- First time at Unlimited Seafoodronk5Dined on 9/7/2014We had a great experience at U.S, and the food was very good. I had the shrimp pasta, and wished the sauce was had some salt in it since it was a little bland to me. Other than that, it was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Lobster terrific..service fun and efficient..warm and welcoming..accomading when we added to our reservation.. lobsters were great.. Monday mussells are terrific Can walk there and do...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many seafood choicesBKmomVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant with very fair prices, nice portions, and fresh and delicious seafood. They have specials and promos if you join on line. Seafood unlimited is a place we will go back to many times.Special Features:
- Good ValueBBESQVIPDined on 8/21/2014Excellent fish at a reasonable price; small, but not too tightSpecial Features:
- Lobster SpecialDebbiDined on 8/15/2014Went for the $18.50 lobster special and it did not dissapoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014my husband and i loved it and the deal for the mussels was great. the creme brulee was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and simpleBKmomVIPDined on 8/8/2014Our seafood was fresh tasting, nice size portion, and simply prepared. No fancy or very imaginative preparations here. This is a nice, reasonable priced neighborhood seafood restaurant- a welcome change from some of the very 'upscale" overpriced restaurants in Center City Philly.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/1/2014This is the 1st time I have had a bad meal with a rest. I have found via Open Table.When we arrived it smelled like old mop water was used to clean the floors. I was tempted to leave but decided to give it a shot. It took forever for someone to wait on us.When we did get service it was not with any enthusiasm. I had white wine which was room temperature my friend,a diet coke and even that was flat. We had the calamari app., that was average but edible.The talapia was dry and certainly not fresh. My friend had crab cakes and said they were "fine". Not a raving review. She had a dessert despite my suggestion that we go. The chocolate tart was dry & lacking in flavor.It was bad diner food at high end restaurant prices. Would NEVER go back.
- Repeat winner...jerooDined on 7/28/2014I've been here with friends three times now for the Monday ""all-you-can-eat" mussels platter. The food's good, the service--particularly most recently--was exceptionally attentive. And the prices were reasonable. Win-win all round.Special Features:
- great valuePhillygirlDined on 7/27/2014This was my first time at Seafood Unlimited, and I will come back as a regular customer. I had the lobster special. The food was fresh, done simply yet tastefully. The food was fresh, and the service was great. I will definitely come back to try other dishes...and do the lobster special again. Only thing that was surprising, was that the Jersey tomatoes (for July) were tasteless. Don't know if they were refrigerated, or simply not vine ripened.Special Features:
- Gracious and welcomingFoodie4lifeDined on 7/26/2014I had been a previous fan many years ago. This time I managed to bring a family member to a new experience; it was fabulous meal with wonder ambience and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014This visit was disappointing. We've been to Seafood Unlimited and had a pleasant enough experience that we decided to go back. I don't know if it was an off night or a new chef, but the meal was mediocre at best. We started with soups-the Manhattan clam chowder my husband ordered had little flavor, and my gazpacho was as thick as a tomato sauce. We ordered the chilled 1/2 lobster, shrimp and salmon dish which was the special. The lobster half was barely a tail and a claw, all over cooked, as was the salmon. The cole slaw was good. Because our previous experience was more positive, and because the menu is promising, we'll probably give Seafood Unlimited another chance.
- Enjoyable MealdisappointedVIPDined on 7/26/2014Good food, good service, nice atmosphere. an all around great find in Rittenhouse Square area.Special Features:
- Delicious foodakdjDined on 7/25/2014Have been coming here for about 30 years with a 27 year hiatus. Didn't disappoint then or now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2014Lovely oysters buck a shuck and very tender small lobstersSpecial Features:
- Great place for brunchSilverQueenVIPDined on 7/13/2014Good food and service - many egg and fish and seafood options on the menu. I particularly like the crab benedict. Quiet - a great place to sit and chat with friends. No loud music. It's never crowded.Special Features:
- Celebrating 22 years togetherKeeper22Dined on 7/11/2014This is our 2nd visit, and we were not disappointed. The food was fresh our waiter was attentive to our needs and the desert was to die for. Definitely worth a visit !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.