270 S. 20th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seafoodunlimited.com/
- Phone: (215) 732-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday:5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Judi Einhorn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our entire menu, as well as other selections are available for delivery, setup and service in the Center City area.
- Cross Street: 20th and Spruce
- Public Transit: #12 bus lets off 1 block away at 20th & Locust. #17 bus lets off at 20th & Spruce across the street and #7 bus lets off at 22nd & Spruce 2 blocks away.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: On street parking is available as well as a lot and garage at 20th & Walnut 1 1/2 blocks away.
A word from Seafood Unlimited
We are Philadelphia' oldest seafood restaurant serving our neighbors as well as out of town guests for over 40 years in a casual setting. We specialize in the freshest fish, seafood and live lobsters purchased and shipped in on a daily basis. Daily offerings include wild salmon, day boat scallops, sea bass, jumbo shrimp, tuna, catfish, crabcakes and the aforementioned live lobsters to name just a few of the items on our menu. Be sure to save room for our homemade desserts like key lime pie, chocolate mousse, bread pudding and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seafood Unlimited reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (13)romantic (12)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (8)hot spot (8)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Food was very good. My husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/26/2012Food was very good. My husband and I went for restaurant week and enjoyed all 4 courses that we had. The service was a little slow...took almost 15 minutes for our drinks to come and for our waitress to takthe e our order. The atmosphere was a little blah, not much decor.
- Service was wonderful , seafoodSdinerDined on 1/18/2012Service was wonderful , seafood was very fresh and food was excellent .Special Features:
- Fresh Fish!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011Good Food, nice and fresh, a little low on the seasoning. Dining area way too small, chairs uncomfortable. Definitely will go again. Prices good. Neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- Food was delicious and wellOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/7/2011Food was delicious and well prepared. Waitress was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Outstanding Little PlaceBeamieDined on 11/18/2011My wife and I enjoyed everything we had and we want to go back to try other dishes. You could miss it walking down the street, but try not to. You won't be dissappointed.Special Features:
- Fish cooked to perfection.SilverQueenVIPDined on 11/12/2011Fish cooked to perfection. Oyster sandwich and fries extra crisy and not greasy. This restaurant is one of my favorites for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- SeaFood Unlimited is a smallOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2011SeaFood Unlimited is a small restaurant that , as it's name implies specializes in Seafood. The space was small but has potential as a neighborhood gem. Unfortunately the food was far from special. The Tuna was tough and required a knife to cut. It was not seasoned and reminded me of airline fare. Our server was pleasent but not professional. She did not know the menu nor could she remember orders despite writing them down. I would not suggest this restaurant, especially for those who enjoy well prepared food.
- I went for the Monday MusselsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2011I went for the Monday Mussels special; decided to treat my daughter and 2 granddaughters 8,4. Waited @ 10 minutes for bread (couple across from me complained to his waitress that he'd been waiting a long time without seeing waitress). Kids' menu was not really kid friendly (no vegetables, just fish/shrimp/chicken and fries). Had to keep hailing the waitress for drink replacements(my daughter finally went to the bar to get her own). Mussels were pretty good. I'd gone there for lunch before and was well pleased.Special Features:
- fun mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2011Fried Calamari was very good, my sea bass melted in my mouth, not a lot of sauce as the fish could stand up for itself. Desert was the pumpkin bread pudding with caramel sauce.Special Features:
- Best seafood in town.SilverQueenVIPDined on 10/25/2011Best seafood in town. Fish is always fresh. The way it is cooked, it has excellent taste without unnecessary sauces. This time I had panko-crusted seabass which was delicious. Excellent service. Music is not too loud so you can have a conversation without shouting. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Food was excellent but theACPieVIPDined on 10/15/2011Food was excellent but the service from our waitress was terrible. She didn't introduce herself so i cant even provider her name to warn folks! We were very jealous of the other patrons who had the other server . . she was attentive, knowledgeable and even helped take care of us when our server was no where to be found. We will dine there again but must have a different server. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Small but enjoyable. FoodPacadDined on 10/15/2011Small but enjoyable. Food was very good as was the service. Would definitely recommend it and will return.Special Features:
- Food is brilliant, affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2011Food is brilliant, affordable compared to other restaurants that offer similar fare, served by pleasant "wait-people" and prepared excellently!! A must restaurant for anyone looking for that comfortable, relaxing ambience in busy center-city Philly and who love seafood ..I recommend it highly, but am afraid that it is so good, that too many people will discover it and make it more difficult for me to get as easy a reservation as I was able to!Special Features:
- The best seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/25/2011The best seafood restaurant in its area. Over and over and over and over again.Special Features:
- Fantastically mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/23/2011This place was just fantastically mediocre. They are trying for the upscale fish market feel but it just feels incongruent. I really wanted to like the food but it was either too bland, too salty or flat. The server went out of his way to be on top of everything, though. The prices suggested the restaurant could do better. I can't figure out why I would go back here with the other service, food and ambiance choices accessible from the same parking spot.
- Good spot for people who liveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2011Good spot for people who live in the Neighborhood who want fresh seafood. Food was just average nothing special. Flavorless. Would not revisit. Restaurant itself was clean with nice decor. Couple who own it were very nice.
- The food hear was awesome!FeliliVIPDined on 9/16/2011The food hear was awesome! It was my first time and since it was restaurant week, I figured I would try it. I had the fish stew ( I can't spell it so I won't embarrass myself LOL) and it was delicious. My only complaint is that the seating is very tight. I'm happy we were the only people sitting on that side. If you are large in size or want a bit more privacy, ask to be seated at an individual table closer to the front. Other than that, awesome!Special Features:
- Food was good. Seabass a littlelouieDined on 9/14/2011Food was good. Seabass a little in the salty side. Need to bring water to tables without having to ask four times.
- This is a local spot, withMickiVIPDined on 9/14/2011This is a local spot, with very few dining tables. The food was good, and fresh. Very casual, and reliable.
- Not worth it.DisappointedDined on 9/14/2011Atmosphere was marginal. Food was marginal. Service was marginal. And, having now done two other food week restaurants, the price was no real bargain.
- Went for restaurant week,gretskyDined on 9/14/2011Went for restaurant week, not pleased with the restaurant week menu. The food did not fit the priceSpecial Features:
- The food was great. The ambiance..OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2011The food was great. The ambiance...not so much. It was very small...so small we requested to sit outside where the seating was also very tight.
- Best selection of fresh seafood.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/12/2011Best selection of fresh seafood. Very reasonable prices.
- The place was packed so IJimwithJenVIPDined on 8/5/2011The place was packed so I doubt they need any more good reviews but everything was great.Special Features:
- Plentiful selection of seafoodCarolPmsVIPDined on 7/22/2011Plentiful selection of seafood with good size portions. Was refreshing for a very HOT day. Service was attentive but not overwelming. A great place to enjoy a mean & a lengthy conversation with your dinner partner. Not at all rushed. Desserts excellent !!Special Features:
- Maybe worth a second visit.....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2011We were the only customers hence no atmosphere..... Main course was delivered before we had finished our starter. Food was ok.
- During this latest visit,OctoberdinerVIPDined on 7/12/2011During this latest visit, I was disappointed with a long-time neighborhood "go-to" restaurant. Service was slow and inattentive, if pleasant - for example, we had to ask for glasses of water three times before we got them. Food was passable but nothing special: oysters were below par, soft-shell crabs were overcooked, gazpacho was mediocre.
- A Gem in the WallKeeper22Dined on 7/8/2011the food was outstanding, online reservation made things very convenient, parking the usual pain for downtown eating, service professional, and friendly We would highly recommend this place to anyone who enjoys a variety of good seadoodSpecial Features:
- Delicious and AffordableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2011Food is delicious, restaurant is small but coxy and warm. If someone can not afford their prices then please do not think out dining out. Not expensive,delicious,(stuff shrimp) and service is great. A return visit for me.Special Features:
- Good food!JimwithJenVIPDined on 5/20/2011Really good food, it reminds me of some of my south Florida seafood restaurants I love. Size of a row home but still had no problem getting in and seated but I would suggest reservations. They do have two toppers out front on the side walk that looked very nice but it was raining. They also have a nice bar in the front that is small but works. We were hot during dinner but as soon and we said something they turned the AC on and it cooled off nicely. We are looking forward to going back some time soon.Special Features:
- Went for a celebratory lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/20/2011Went for a celebratory lunch with a fish-loving graduating college student. Our fish entrees were fresh and well-cooked and we treated ourselves to delicious Key Lime pies for dessert. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Quite pleasant.Special Features:
- We chose Seafood UnlimitedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011We chose Seafood Unlimited as a graduation dinner. and we love seafood. We were a little surprised at the size of the restaurant, and the ambiance but the food more than made up for it. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. The food was excellent. All the members of our party really liked the seafood and the selection and would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Fabulous Fish, Casual DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011Simple diner atmosphere, but really excellent food. Prices were reasonable. Would recommend for a casual dinner.Special Features:
- This was the first time myOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2011This was the first time my colleagues and I had been to Seafood Unlimited. The lunch menu contained a number of food items that appealed to the taste of everyone in our lunch party. Because we each selected different entrees, we had the opportunity to share taste the flavors of each of the dishes. The quality of the food was superb and cooked to perfection. Our only reservation is that it took awhile for the food to arrive to the table. Apart from that, this is definedly a must return restaurant for us!Special Features:
- Food was good. Wait for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011Food was good. Wait for food was a bit long. We had a good time. Waitress was kind of overwhelmed which I found funny considering that there were only 4 other small groups in the place. Its a small place though and seems really cool with good food. I went before with my girlfriend and we really liked it the first time - was romantic. This time we were with my family for mothers day and it was good again.Special Features:
- We had a great meal and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011We had a great meal and the service was great!! We were a large party and they were able to accomodate us without a problem! Will definitely go back!
- Very good seafood resturantvodvoxVIPDined on 5/7/2011Very good seafood resturant in a charming locationSpecial Features:
- The quality of the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2011The quality of the food was really good, as well as the presentation. The portions were a little on the small side though.Special Features:
- I found the fish oversaltedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/30/2011I found the fish oversalted and the side dishes bland, but we had a pleasant time anyway. Some of us were more satisfied than others. I think I m,ade a mistake by ordering a special.
- What a find. Seafood UnlimitedCriticalWhinersVIPDined on 4/29/2011What a find. Seafood Unlimited is a true neighborhood gem. The seafood is fresh, really great and excellent prices. Finally, a center city restaurant where you can relax, hve a great meal and not pay top dollar for cocktails or wine. We even got to meet with the owner, David, who shared some cooking tips with us. We will definitely be back!!Special Features: