Seafood Buffet (Deer Valley Resort)
2250 Deer Valley Drive South
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Seafood Buffet (Deer Valley Resort)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.deervalley.com/dining_shopping/seafood_buffet.html
- Phone: 4356456632x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Sunday 6:15 PM - 9:00 PM
Seafood Buffet will be closed on Sunday, February 2, 2014
Seafood Buffet will be open Monday, February 17, 2014
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jodie Rogers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Catherine Bradley 4356456624x
A word from Seafood Buffet (Deer Valley Resort)
The Zagat Restaurant Guide lists Deer Valley’s Seafood Buffet in 'America's Top Restaurants’ – and after one visit, you’ll understand why. Seafood Buffet offers a grand feast of crab legs, Pacific white shrimp, house-smoked salmon, fresh oysters, glazed scallops, seared ahi tuna and so much more as the menu changes weekly. Savory prime rib, roast duck, a variety of salads and hot appetizers are also offered nightly. Be sure to save room for visits to the dessert bar, where homemade confections will satisfy even the strongest sweet tooth. Deer Valley is proud to support sustainable fishing methods. Located on the plaza level of Snow Park Lodge.Continued
Adults $64, Children $34 (11 years and younger), prices do not include beverages, tax or gratuity.
Adults $64, Children $34 (11 years and younger), prices do not include beverages, tax or gratuity.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seafood Buffet (Deer Valley Resort) reviews from OpenTable diners
- Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014As is typical, Deer Valley really hits the nail on presentation and flavor! Our meal was outstanding and cooked to perfection! Staff was friendly and helpful. Everything was FABULOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Buffet Deer ValleyJosieDined on 4/3/2014. The oysters were incredible as were the crab legs & wonderful assortment of salads. The avocado soup had a perfect balance of cream, avocado, and spices. Every entree was cooked to perfection. With such an array of wonderful food it is hard to leave room for dessert. But Deer Valley perfected the small portion and excellent dessert. The creme brûlée was just the right size & just the right amount of sweetness following such a rather large dinner. Service was good and attentive. My only negative about this restaurant is the ambiance. At this price point, table cloths and a bit of soft background music would expand the experience. While it is a great ski lodge by day, an evening $$$ needs more attention to detail to match the price point.Special Features:
- What can I say...WOW! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/3/2014What can I say...WOW! Great assortment of seafood.Special Features:
- Sadly disappointing...JulieVIPDined on 3/30/2014An average seafood buffet. Nothing spectacular and unfortunately not worth the money. Our server was very pleasant and attentive.
- This buffet is quite expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014This buffet is quite expensive but beyond compare! We go every several years and always try to come very hungry. We have a place about 1/2 mile away and we always walk to and from this event just to settle our stomachs. The only complaints I had this last time is that the soups were not hot (though delicious) but we didn't bother to return them for heating because there was too much other food. Also, they had huge piles of delicious cold crab legs that they served with drawn butter, which was a bit weird. I wanted to ask them to heat some crab legs for me but again, didn't bother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/28/2014Food was good, fresh, just looking for lobster. It was good but nothing over the top. Service was very good, all had a smilySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is basically held inJerryDined on 3/27/2014This is basically held in the basement of the deer Valley Lodge. It would be a much better experience if it was held in the main dining room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our favorite diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/27/2014This is our favorite dining experience of the year. It is as if you go to a restaurant and can sample every item on the menu. It is hard for me to leave the cold seafood section because the oysters, crab legs and shrimp are SO good. But I have to save room for the clams, mussels, ribs, duck, prime rib, tuna, scallops, and a bunch of other hot items that are also delicious. It is very hard not to over-do it given how good the food is. Finally, the deserts are phenomenal -- fruit tarts, the famous snowball, cakes and puddings. WOW! It is an annual tradition in our family and we look forward to next year.Special Features:
- High marks for a perrenialfavoriteJillDVIPDined on 3/21/2014Wouldn't have missed this for anything. The Seafood Buffet has been a must go for our family for years. We love the freshness and variety offered from the huge raw bar right to the desserts! So many good points. Huge, fresh oysters with all the usual accompaniments, The ribs were the star of the hot entrees. The staff greet you in a friendly and timely manner. Drinks are served and refilled regularly. Plates are cleared and everything in the extensive buffet is always kept looking freshly presented...nothing would be less appealing than a picked over buffet. Nice to see DV still shines on. Good for both larger groups and couples having a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Bad It's Not Open Year RoundUTRoverDined on 3/15/2014We're local to the Salt Lake Valley and eat here several times per ski season..... Not to be missed fantastic food and desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!JulieDined on 3/14/2014We have been to the Seafood Buffet several times and it is outstanding! Amazing service, food and a cozy romantic ambiance at Deer Valley. If you are on a ski vacation in Park City--treat yourself--you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- This experience did not meetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014This experience did not meet the level of expectation that I had for such a "famous" buffet. I think the Skiers Buffets at Stein Lodge and Montage far exceeded this meal.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/13/2014I was told this was the best restaurant in the Park City area. So I took my family of 8 there for a nice meal which is buffet style. First of all I had to give a credit card number for a reservation. My thought was, wow, this must be some kind of 5star fancy place to eat. Bottom line line is I paid $800 with no alcohol for this meal and it was no better than any other seafood buffet for 1/4th the cost. There is no sense in going into details about the food because it wasn't bad. It just wasn't good. The whole resort looks like a country club from the 80's. Which I know all the "elite northen folks" like. It just isn't my style. So, if you have $100 per person to spend on food I suggest you find something different.
- Bobs reviewBob2spDined on 3/13/2014It was a surprise when we arrived at the restaurant and realize that it was a buffet and not French service, we had fun eating crabs and lobsters but you must give us water with lava da to clean our hands after eating. Service was bad and wine list shy. All the fishes were awesome and congratulations for the excellence on the cheese from deer valley that was really a very nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded, impersonal experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014We have previous been to Seafood Buffet on two occasions. Although the food remains top notch, the rest of the experience was much worse. The restaurant was much more crowded than in the past and the server was bearly to be seen (I guess she had too many tables to handle efficiently)Special Features:
- Seafood and More - Come HungryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2014First rate selection of seafood items ranging rom raw oysters to ahi tuna to carved prime rib to outstanding desserts -as much as you can handle. Not as pricey as it seems since the only extras to the cost are beverages and gratuity. Seafood lovers in our family would go home if we didn't book the Buffet and non-seafood eaters enjoy the prime rib and carved duck. The dessert selection is flat out outstanding.Special Features:
- Our yearly family traditionBarryDined on 3/8/2014Quality downhill? Not so. Foodies all - we agreed that things were as good as ever (the only buffet we truly enjoy.) Crab - mountains of it, seared-to-order ahi (dead for what - an hour?), prime rib with thick, crispy-salty crust (I asked the chef how he does it). And on and on. And then the dessert bar. Truly for dessert-lovers. No calorie or carb-conscious folks need turn up here. The ONLY miss of the whole evening was the butterscotch pie - a bit "gelatin-y." But who really needs that when you've got chocolate/espresso bread pudding with caramel sauce and whipped cream, perfect creme brulee, flourless chocolate cake, and twenty or so other wonders? And since they keep the guest count low, you really do feel pampered. Bravo. Again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood lovers diningDuckyVIPDined on 3/6/2014A wonderful selection of different types of seafood for seafood lovers and a variety of meats for non seafood lovers. The 2 kinds of west coast oysters were so sweet and fresh, the assortment of crab legs were a hit with some of our friends. They came chilled but the wait staff steamed them if asked. The sushi was mediocre, nothing distinctive in taste. Some of the prepared fish was a bit overdone. The prime rib was very tasty and we were able to get the doneness we like. The wine selection was moderately priced. The wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Buffet RegularsBuffetregular1Dined on 3/2/2014Great for those who not only love seafood, but other options on the menu. A great venue for a large party or special occasion. Just ask that they don't seat you in the back room - didn't love it..Special Features:
- Fantastic!made2eatDined on 3/1/2014Very fresh seafood prepared extremely well! Loved the crab, the aging tuna and the seared scallops. Save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must visit when in the Park CityJMD1VIPDined on 2/28/2014Absolutely delicious! I could of stopped after the shrimp, Oysters and crab legs, but the entrees were just as fabulous. Must say it was very pricey, but we got our money's worth for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedNoneDined on 2/27/2014While our server was very friendly and knowledgeable, as were the people dishing up the food, the quality was not what was advertised. The clams and scallops still had sand in them and the baby back ribs were very tough. It was not worth the cost. I would say $30 per person would be much more reasonable. I had told a friend about the restaurant and he was planning on taking his girlfriend for a romantic dinner. I'm going to tell him to pass on this one. There are better seafood restaurants in our area.
- Special treat at Seafood BuffetMikeJVIPDined on 2/21/2014Fantastic dinner at the seafood buffet. Started with fresh dungeness crab in the shell - best I've had. All you can eat makes it dangerous as you may not move past the first course - everything else is equally well done and the service is tops. A great special occasion place and a bargain considering what you are getting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dwindling each yearDVlocalDined on 2/21/2014We moved here a few years ago and make a yearly trip to DV seafood buffet... Each year the food quality goes down. Which directly opposes the fact that DV prices continually go up each year. Figure it out DV if you want to regain the Top SKI resort!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- See Food and Eat it!dwaters59Dined on 2/21/2014It's a Seafood buffet. I liked everything I ate, especially the signature Deer Valley Desert. You can ask for the crab legs or peel and eat shrimp to be steamed. The variety is overwhelming. It's a must on any visit to Park City, Deer Valley or The Canyons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apres ski gemDCJMDined on 2/20/2014Where else can you try such an abundance of seafood prepared so well. A good choice of cold (including crab legs, oysters, sushi, salmon, shrimp) and hot (a variety of cooked fish with accompaniments usually including tuna, scallops, ahi ahi plus a couple of other specials). The night we ate there were also a couple of soups and a mussel/clam combo, Meat eaters are not disappointed with ribs and beef (we have also been served duck on a previous occasion). Rounded off with salads, cheese and other goodies and, even if you can't find any more space you will be tempted by an amazing choice of desserts. Both the Deer Valley Resort buffets have dedicated and knowledgeable wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing selectionjjllVIPDined on 2/17/2014Very please to see the large "pile" of fresh (very) dungeons crab! The choices were very good. The room has a slight cafeteria feel to it (could use better lighting) but that is more than made up for by the quality and assortment of the food. Our waitress was both professional and friendly.Special Features:
- If you have seafood cravingsNoclamsandotheringredientVIPDined on 2/15/2014If you have seafood cravings like i do this is a great restaurant. We went for our valentines day and we had a great time.Special Features:
- Mediocre food in ski lodge basementNJskiersVIPDined on 2/14/2014With so many choices for incredible meals in Park City and Deer Valley, why would anyone waste an evening at The Seafood Buffet? Went there with friends based on previous reviews, but regretted it upon entering the open basement area called a restaurant. None of the food was prepared in an appetizing manner and all were presented either too warm or too cold. Save up your money and go to Riverhorse instead.Special Features:
- Really disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Most of the reviews I've read are very good. That's why I cannot figure out why my experience was so different. I figure the good reviews are just employees writing the reviews. We saw our waitress twice, once to welcome us, and second to give us the check. I had to ask someone else for a refill. When you add watery, tasteless crab legs to a menu, that doesn't make it a Seafood Buffet. It was like one of those fake Las Vegas Casino Nights( all the games are similar, just cheep copies) , that was this meal. If you want good Seafood, you will not find it here. For $60 + a person they should be embarrassed. Eric Newell
- Nice but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Service and atmosphere are great. However, to be considered a buffet, the selection is limited. The salads are good but the entrees are only slightly better than fair. All things considered, the price should be about half what it is. Because of the cost, we will not return. Also, we specifically requested a table near the windows and fireplace. There appeared to be available tables in that area, but that is not where we were seated.
- Valentines Seafood BuffetAnnaDined on 2/14/2014Good food and service. Nice ambiance and drinks. Staff can be a little "resorty" and treat you as a one-time-guest but then again it is a resort...overall very good value and we highly recommend.Special Features:
- Amazinggr8foodDined on 2/14/2014This was our fourth year going to the Seafood Buffet at Deer Valley. The seafood is amazing with a lovely mountainside setting.. The creativity of the food is second to none. As far as children dining here, only bring them if they love seafood. Mine do and this is their favorite restaurant. This is not a typical family restaurant or dining experience. This is a special event experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go hungry, leave happy!SharonUDined on 2/8/2014We have been to the Seafood Buffet twice. The service is impeccable and the ample, buffet-style, food is delicious. This time, we were seated in the secondary dining room, which isn't as nice as the main dining area. A large fireplace graces the big dining room and a harpist played nearby. From the auxiliary dining area, we could not really enjoy these amenities other than during our several trips back-and-forth to the buffet area. It would be nice if the restaurant provided larger plates in the middle section of the buffet, which contains a variety of seafood including shrimp and crab, as well as salads and bread. The delectable crab legs don't fit well on the tiny salad plates. I would also like to see labels on the luscious desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic diningFoodieDined on 2/6/2014Bravo! You continue to exceed our expectations each time we dine here. Keep up the fine work!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely expensive for aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014Extremely expensive for a buffet...even at Deer Valley. Food was not very good and certainly not in line with other restaurants in Park City. Very overrated.
- Excellent placejchri09Dined on 1/30/2014Food price went up from last year. Now it is $64/per person and the food is still awesome and flavorful in every way. Service was great always attentive and on the ball. Always love this place and will visit again before the year is over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW Factormike19711Dined on 1/26/2014The seafood buffet at Deer Valley never disappoints. Visiting the buffet has become part of our family's ritual for our annual ski trip to Park City. Going there is routine for me and I forget the impact it has on first timers. This year I introduced a bunch of friends to the restaurant. Suffice to say that we all appreciate and enjoy good food and good drink. Upon walking in, their reaction to the buffet was "WOW!" I had forgotten just how impressive it is. It is notable too, that the restaurant had no problem handling a group of 8 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, everything was excellentOSUSkierDined on 1/26/2014Our group of six found all items to be excellent. The fresh fish selections were exceptional, the buffalo sliders were the best. We all found our favorite items from prime rib to ahi tuna. Berries and cheese and a special dessert bar in smaller portions finishes the meal perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014The seafood buffet especially the crab was excellent. It is something you have to experience if you are headed to Deer Valley. The staff is very friendly and does a nice job. The caramel apple pie is outstanding at the end of your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.