200 Front St
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861Neighborhood:
PortuguesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seabrasarmory.com/
- Phone: (732)826-6000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday from 11:30 AM to 10PM
Friday and Saturday Noon to 11 PM
Sunday Noon to 10PM
The office hours are Monday through Friday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Saturday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Portuguese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: The Beautiful Views of the Raritan Bay, an Outdoors Balcony and our different Menus with delicious food, Wine, Sangria will make your event be a memorable one.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant features a 2nd and 3rd floor for private parties.
Piano Room: Minimum of 40 Adults, Maximum of 70 Adults
Stars & Stripes: Minimum of 40 Adults, Maximum of 70 Adults
Admirals Room: Minimum of 60 Adults, Maximum of 110 Adults
Easterly Room: Minimum of 120 Adults, Maximum of 220 Adults
- Private Party Contact: Ana 7328266000x1
A word from Seabra's Armory
Welcome to Seabra’s The Armory. Located directly on Perth Amboy's historic waterfront, The Armory is a hidden jewel that showcases a unique and beautiful view of the Raritan Bay and the New York borough of Staten Island. This completely restored naval ammunition building was once used during World Wars I & II and is now acclaimed to be one of New Jersey's finest historical treasures.Continued
Our Specialty is Portuguese Cuisine, Seafood, Steaks and Rodizio(An assortment of grilled rotisserie meats slow roasted over a charcoal pit.)As well as our famous Sangria and a large variety of mixed drinks.
Our Specialty is Portuguese Cuisine, Seafood, Steaks and Rodizio(An assortment of grilled rotisserie meats slow roasted over a charcoal pit.)As well as our famous Sangria and a large variety of mixed drinks.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seabra's Armory reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (24)scenic view (24)special occasion (16)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (5)romantic (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- FunnyladyDined on 8/23/2014The waiter forgot the tartar sauce. Sangria was kind of watered down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBella721Dined on 7/20/2014We made reservations for dinner through open table. When we arrived for dinner the girls working as hostess were clueless. Our reservation requested to be at a table with water view. The hostess decided because it didn't state inside or outside no table would be reserved, better communication is needed between these girls. The inside hostess assumed because the reservation said table by the water it would be outside, and the outside hostess said she didn't reserve a table because it didn't specifically say we wanted outside seating. They had my phone number and email with reservation would have been smart if someone thought to pick up the phone and call. Got us a table within 20 mins and food and service were excellent, especially Isa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The armory has very good food and is great for a bunch of people to get together and go out to eat. The tables are alittle too close together that there is no privacy so it's definitely not a romantic place to go to!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not impressed, not going backRealFoodieDined on 7/5/2014I found the food to be below average and over-priced. Our server was a very lovely young woman, although a bit slow in a restaurant that wasn't crowded. When I arrived, I had changed my reservation from 4 to 2 online and the woman told me she didn't get that. The older woman of the two receptionist got very snippy and told us that we would have to basically have to be a "walk in" because she didn't have any tables for two. She then changed her mind and led us to a small table by the kitchen, no view, no ambiance at all. The restaurant was clearly not full and there were plenty of tables through out our entire meal. I would not go back, there are much better restaurants.
- Good Food. Poor ServicePaulVIPDined on 7/5/2014This is a good resturant that needs someone to organize their service. The food is wonderful, but the waiters are completely out of sync with the meal service.Special Features:
- lbmargoDined on 6/21/2014We had a great time showing two friends this place for the first time. The service was a little slow, but they loved the experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must as often as possible!RonRVIPDined on 6/21/2014The is my first visit to the Armory and I'm not sure why? I grew up about 15 mins away and was back visiting my Mom. I wanted to take her out for a special dinner and was looking forward to the view on the water. We were greeted and seated in a friendly accommodating manner, very professional. Our server, "Issa" ?? not sure ( from Mexico) was suburb, nice smile and great service. My Mom and wife selected the grilled jumbo shrimp. Based on our dining experience ,2+ times a week, the shrimp was absolutely the finest we ever had. Unlike what some restaurants think the word "jumbo" means these were actually JUMBO and there we 8 full shrimp. I had Paelha and it was the best ever. A great value for the $$, not over priced. We cant wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againLuv2dineDined on 6/20/2014Upon arrival, we were sent to another maîtred for outside seating (it was a beautiful day) after waiting for someone for over five minutes, some brusque individual first tried to seat us by the bus station (the restaurant was more than half empty) we were summarily placed with our server Ghengis Khan. It was down hill from there. To say the experience was horrible understates. The only part of the evening that went well was the valet parking. Did I mention that the food was by comparison marginal banquet level. Never Again. I would not recommend this establishment to my worst enemy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014We were seated quickly.ambience was appealing. Didn't get greeted until we called attention to a waiter.she took our drink order and we didn't see her for a while. Again,we called for her attention,she took our appetizer orders and stated bar was backed up.People sitted next to us arrived after us and got their appetizers.we again called for waiter. Finally got our drinks,appetizers came and were cold. We placed our food order. We had a lot of catching up to do soo we over looked the service. Food came and it was delicious,waiter herself had great personalitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The Rodizio was excellent! Rack of lamb delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I don't know if it was because of father's day, but the service was very, very poor. I had made a resevation, no body welcomed us, we waited for about 10 minutes for the menu, then the waiter came he noticed we didn't have the menu went to bring them came back 5 min after without the menu, then ask what to drink we ordered, 3 min later came back asking again what we are going to drink.....the only reason I would go back is because the food was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014Food was good. Noise was a little loud and tables were close. I'm assuming it was because of the holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experienceDoublevdupDined on 6/14/2014I have been here a few times to eat and it was always a good experience.. Today not so much. We arrived and were told our table was booked for outside we went outside to the patio and then were told that there were no tables available but there was one inside... Back inside now we had clear view of the tables outside which were abohr 15 tables that were empty and no oNe was ever seated during our duration there. It took 27 minutes for us to be approached. Our waiter was rude and not tentative to our needs. Four different times we were approached by different servers with other tables food. The breaking point was when our waiter literally tossed a dessert menu at my fiancé and said here's dessert and walked away. Not worth your time or $!!Special Features:
- Seabra's ArmoryJasonDined on 6/14/2014We went there the Saturday before Father's Day and we all enjoyed it very much. We had a table of 9 people in the outdoor section of the restaurant overlooking the water. The ambiance is beautiful; floor to ceiling windows that open up completely, nice lighting, and the service was very good. The sangria is GREAT - the food was very good as well. I got the rodizio and I would say that I thought 85% of the meat they came around with was excellent - the other 15% was just OK. The steaks were amazing. My girlfriend got the Halibut and that was pretty tasty. The sides were good, especially "spanish" potatoes, which were just thick, homemade potato chips. Overall, I loved this place - Food, atmosphere, service - what more does someone need?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceLLLEDined on 6/14/2014When making reservations it does not say if you want to sit outside be specific about it . I made my reservations, when we got there we wanted to sit outdoors and they told us we couldn't because we didn't specify that in our reservations. Other than that great place, great food and the sangria was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2014Had an enjoyable dinner with good service & excellent Sangria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnhappyDined on 6/7/2014Booked with open table but resturant did not honor it. Told us open table should not have taken the reservation since they were booked up.Special Features:
- Good food...so so serviceMMacDined on 6/7/2014Sat at bar...service was good when bartenders where there but it seemed like it was poorly organized and you could not get a bartender for 10 to 15 minutes because they were all at the other side of the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad serviceeneaDined on 5/30/2014The food was lousy. My party of 3 we ordered the rodizio, the seafood paella, and the rack of lamb. The worst food we had ever eaten. The rodizio was cold, the server came only 3 times. The rack of lamb was very salty, the seafood paella was mushy. We complained to the server and demanded to talk with the manager. No one cared. It is a shame that they charge that money for such a lousy service. I won't recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Below average serviceDisappointedDined on 5/25/2014I have been to this restaurant several times in the last year; post renovations. Unfortunately, each time the service level gets worse. It was so frustrating to have each time for appropriate eating utensils. They have an inability to please client. Servers and staff always the excuse that they are short or the cook won't let them in the kitchen. I had to almost fight to have reservation made through Opentable honored. I was called 20 minutes prior to reservation to tell me they were able to honor reservation. After asking to speak with a manager (who never came to phone), and angry tone. I was told, it would be made available. Despite the poor service every time I have been to this location, the food is pretty good.Special Features:
- Service stinkerSavydinerDined on 5/24/2014Service was slow and unfriendly...Salad comes with dinner and when it did'nt the waiter says we should have asked.Is that a stupid answer or what.
- The following 32 reviews are from the Seabra's Armory reviews archive.
- Dinner was okayNJDinerDined on 5/17/2014The place looks great and I like the new outside bar. Restaurants in Newark blow this place away. Service left a lot to be desired. It wasn't because they didn't try, I don't think they have enough staff to handle the fluctuations (or maybe it's a lack of training). The table wasn't set up when we were seated, only half had utensils. We ordered red sangria and they gave us white. Later on we ordered some wine and had to ask twice as the waiter forgot to bring it over. I was the only one who ordered rodizio and they forgot about my dinner. The other dinners came out and I expected top have my dinner follow shortly. It took me 15 minutes from when I realized my dinner wasn't coming to find our waiter and get my food.Special Features:
- Mother's DayKirbyDined on 5/11/2014Excellent dining experience. The Rodizio was top shelf along with the Paella. I would recommend The Armory for any occasion. The renovation after the storm really looks wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!CuegeeDined on 5/11/2014The food was excellent! Seating was great! I must sit outside next time. Reservations were easy to make even on a busy day like Mother's Day. We loved everything but the waiter. He wasn't attentive at all. But it looked like the other waiters were good. It's great for a family occasion, girls night out, or date night!Special Features:
- Amazing dining!!EatsEnough71Dined on 5/11/2014Food was fantastic!! Rodizio has you unbuckling your belt. :) A return visit is a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect Spot!DeedeeDined on 5/11/2014Whether you eat indoors or outside or at the bar its great. The food was well seasoned. My grilled pork chops could have been cooked a little longer. And we waited forever for our bread. The waiter screwed up a few times. But the taste of the food made us forget about the mishaps. Also we made reservations for two to sit outside, and they tried to sit us inside saying it was because it was just two of us. So we get outside only to see more couples of two. Go figure. So maybe that day was just a little bad service. But again the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Nice AmbienceGA461Dined on 5/3/2014The SwordFish and the Stuffed Tilapia was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for fish loversNettiespaghettieDined on 4/26/2014This was my first time in a LONG time at the Armory. I have to say that my party of six enjoyed their food. The razor clams, octopus salad and shrimp appetizers were excellent with large portions (certainly shareable). All fish entrees were perfectly prepared especially the Chilean Sea Bass! Dining room was VERY busy and seems that it is short staffed. Waited a long time for a second round of drinks so don't know if that might be a bar issue. Parking is also a problem now that the marina lot is closed due to construction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBrian76Dined on 4/20/2014I have been to the Amory prior to Hurricane Sandy, and this Easter (4/20/2014) was my first time back. I have to say the restaurant was beautiful as well as the scenery. The staff was extremely helpful, attentive, and polite. I would highly recommend the Amory to friends and family, and I personally will be revisiting again. I had a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time with the familyGJRJgJDined on 4/20/2014We took the opportunity to celebrate Easter Sunday as a family and decided to have Portuguese food at the Armory. It is a very nice, pleasant view. The food was outstanding and the service was very good. Impressive, since it was so busy. Paella was a hit. So was my surf n turf! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food inexpensivelyJoeTVIPDined on 4/12/2014Truly a neighborhood gem, this restaurant was recently renovated after Sandy. The new furnishings made our excellent meal ever more delightful. Sangria is an added treat.Special Features:
- The restaurant has been updatedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014The restaurant has been updated nicely since Hurricane Sandy flooded the place. Food was really delicious! It will be really beautiful once the docks are finished being reconstructed. The construction equipment can be seen through most windows which obstructs the nice view of the water. It was incredibly crowded and they did run out of menus. Service was slow, but our waiter was courteous. We will definitely return to the restaurant…especially as the weather improves so we can enjoy the outdoor dining space!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellencedroseDined on 3/29/2014Food was delicious. Big portions and give generous serving of fresh seafood. Good service and awesome sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid this placeBillyS9999Dined on 3/21/2014Food was bad. Chewy over cooked lobster. Location could be nice, but you have to drive through perth amboy and there is much construction on the waterfront. The not so with it waitress sat us next to an idle construction crane even though there were plenty of other available tables. I would not come back here if the meal was free....a BAD experience.
- Saturday Night Birthday DinnerMaria14Dined on 3/8/2014We had a nice view of the marina and Staten Island. We ordered the calamaria Sebras, crabcake and chorizo appetizers and got a bread with seasoned oil while we waited for our appetizers. For dinner we ordered Rodizio, steak, and rack of lamb. We were not rushed and we had excellent service. Although we were stuffed and took home doggie bags, we ordered Espresso and the waiters came out and sang "Happy Birthday " to my husband with a dessert of flan which we all tasted - it was the best! I highly recommend Seabras Amory for lunch, dinner and any special occasion.Special Features:
- Had an amazing time with deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Had an amazing time with delicious food & drinks deff will be back soon!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure if we will go back....LollyDined on 2/23/2014My husband and I along with my mother & father in law decided to go to Seabra's on a Sunday evening. It wasn't busy but the service was extremely slow. Our waitress never brought our bread. We had to ask for it. We waited 45 to 50 minutes for our meal and still did not receive our salads. We had to ask another waiter for them also. Once we received our salad the food was ready. It arrived luke warm and one of our steaks was burnt to a crisp. The waitress was apologetic when we complained and we did receive the one meal free. Overall, the service was poor but the food was good. Maybe it was just an off night for the staff. The Sangria was good and there are scenic views from this restaurant but not sure if we will be back..we'll see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eattingeattingDined on 1/18/2014The food was very good. The service was lacking a lot . Our waiter even spilled a lot of sangria and I had to cover it so no one would slip and had to remind him what he did. The service in bus boys was lacking as well. Drinks from the bar took too long to come.Special Features:
- Good to have you back after Sandy!PortabelllieDined on 11/3/2013This was my family's first return visit to the Armory since Sandy damaged the building in 2013. We were pleased that the restaurant came back, and that the repairs and remodeling seemed to have been done very well. The food was very good, as was the service. Our party of 11 was well cared for. The only minus I noticed was that the view of the water is now partially blocked -- that was a poor location choice for a place that is on the water. Overall, a good comeback from the storm damage, and my family will continue to come here for special occassions.Special Features:
- Outside dining early fallDirectorDined on 10/2/2013This was our first time at The Amory. It served as a meeting spot for a group of people who were from Bergen and Monmouth counties. The Amory was the halfway mark. We were pleasantly surprised how nice the location is with a great view of Staten Island and Sandy Hook in the distance. We started with drinks at the bar until our entire group arrived, and had the pleasure of watching the sailboats on the bay.....beautiful! We dined outside, which was very pleasant. Our group was ok with the music, but I would suggest dinning inside for a quieter atmosphere. The order from our group comprised, meat, seafood and paella dishes, which everyone enjoyed. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.