SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar
501 Highway 17 N
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582Neighborhood:
North Myrtle Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seabluewinebar.com/
- Phone: 8432498800x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Saturday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Norcutt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant may be reserved for semi-private and private functions year round. Please Inquire about specific dates and availability.
- Private Party Contact: Kenneth Norcutt 8432498800x
- Entertainment: Breezy and cool in the shade, the covered patio dining area is decorated with SeaBlue ambiance, complete with candlelit tables and hip music. Patrons are invited to enjoy a cool glass of our house-made sangria, cocktail service, or enjoy the SeaBlue dining experience al fresco. The patio is the only smoking section for the restaurant. Please make a note on the reservation request if you would like outdoor dining.
- Special Events: We frequently offer wine tastings and wine dinners. Please check our website calendar for upcoming special events.
- Cross Street: West Port Dr
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Shared Private Parking Lot
Reservation Details: If your party is larger than 5, please call to confirm reservations with a credit card. We realize you may be on vacation in Myrtle Beach, so please leave a number you may be reached at while traveling so that we can confirm your reservation. Thank you.
A word from SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar
SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar is the top wine and sophisticated dining destination on the Grand Strand. The only recipient of Wine Spectator's Prestigious "Best of Award of Excellence" in the Myrtle Beach area and one of only ten in the entire state of South Carolina. Our chic and sexy dining room is surrounded by a private collection of art from local artists. Our extensive wine list boasts over 500 selections by the bottle and over 50 by the glass. Chef and Owner Kenneth Norcutt searches the globe for the finest ingredients and incorporates them with sustainable locally produced foods. We are very hands on, and are involved in every aspect of the restaurant. Our travels, experiences, and our passion for food and wine enable us to share our restaurant with our guests. Our personal expressions are shown in the menu, the wine list, and the decor. Tracy and I Invite you to...DRINK . DINE . DISCOVER...The SeaBlue Experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in North Myrtle Beach ›
SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)notable wine list (72)fit for foodies (67)romantic (65)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014In Myrtle Beach on a business weekend and SeaBlue is always one of my favorite places! the food and service is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food & ServiceCobriDined on 10/17/2014Had a wonderful meal, very special treat for our hosts in North Myrtle Beach. Service was excellent, we were not in a hurry and they took their time making us feel very comfortable and relaxed. Great wine list also!Special Features:
- Don't Try This at HomeRobertVIPDined on 10/16/2014Incredible risottos, fantastic duck breast, always fresh seafood. Mine this time was Grouper prepared in a just slightly blackened coating. I generally do not like blackened seasoning, but this is one you have to try...just not at home.Special Features:
- great foodStonyDined on 10/15/2014Amazing find for usually bland North Myrtle Beach! Super food. Friendly and knowledgeable service. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionJackSullDined on 10/14/2014Picked SeaBlue as the place for dinner to celebrate our 35th Anniversary. Not crowded on a Tuesday night in October. Service was excellent and the meal was even better. Gifts of the Sea is a specialty and it was awesome. My wife had a steak that was done to perfection. Overall a very good dinner and excellent service (Thanks Jason!). Would recommend for special occasion due to prices ($$$$).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute favorite NMB restaurant!CnHWaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Ken, Tracy, Jason and the rest of the SeaBlue team never disappoint - whether we stop in for lunch or a relaxing dinner. We enjoy this place so much we often drive 13 hours from Tennessee on our long weekends just to dine here on a Saturday evening - the food, wine and company are exceptional. Thanks for another fantastic experience. We are glad we tried the tasting menu last weekend - Ken's duck was phenomenal! We cannot wait to return in November.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyDined on 10/11/2014If you haven't been to SeaBlue, you need to try it! A+ for food, service and ambiance. We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit here and we will be back!Special Features:
- Unbelievable food and serviceJBL3Dined on 10/10/2014The food and service was amazing. I have been coming down to Myrtle Beach for years and this is the best eating experience I have ever had. The staff was great and very knowledgable. So good we came back the next night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but expensiveDennyStumpDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I had never been to SeaBlue before and we were celebrating our anniversary so I figured we'd try it. The restaurant is small and while that's good for a romantic dining experience, the problem is that we had a table of 8 next to us and with the small size of the room that was not conducive to romantic. The food was outstanding. My wife had a swordfish special and I had a mixed seafood over risotto. Portions could have been a larger and prices were high for just an every day place. This is better to celebrate a special occasion. To give an example: Surf and Turf with veggies will run about $70.00. One cool thing is an enormous wine list. They actually have a French wine that was $11,000/bottle. We passed.Special Features:
- Wine Bar & MoresunsetdonVIPDined on 10/2/2014Located in a small strip mall on Rt. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. Very friendly staff and very energetic atmosphere, many locals m to patronize this place, a good sign. The waitstaff (Jason) was knowledgeable, friendly, funny and right on target with his suggestions. I had the shrimp & grits, she had the crab cakes. Both were very good and large portions. If you're on a tight budget you could probably split an entree and be very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic diningRobMDined on 9/27/2014Don't judge a book by its cover. This applies to SeaBlue. From the parking lot, you see a row of stores and it's in a shopping center. But once you're inside, the ambiance changes and you're in a great spot for dining and wine. Excellent service, a very robust and special wine selection, and the food is not only delicious, but unique and brought in from all over the country. The service was top notch, the owner came out to discuss wine options, and the food was some of the best we've ever had. It truly is a hidden gem in Myrtle Beach.Special Features:
- fabulous findwandcVIPDined on 9/20/2014Excellent service, thanks to Jason. We wish you we'll on future endeavours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The whole package!dedawe26Dined on 9/20/2014If you get a chance to visit the SeaBlue is a MUST!!!!!! This is a perfect place for GREAT food, supurb service, and beautiful calm relaxing ambiance! The wine list is exquisite! Our only mistake was we all ordered the same thing...the food is truly a delight I highly suggest ordering multiple entrees to share! The dessert....YUM! Peach creme brulee!!!! Again, try them all! AND.....if your lucky you will be blessed with Jason as your server! Go Steelers! You don't find the whole package very often....this is IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceYumYumDined on 9/17/2014One of the best meals I have had. Erik, our waiter paired my dish with an old world Belgian beer and it was spot on. Food and drink was simply amazing and my wife and I cannot wait to go back. If you are in the area, do yourself a favor and stop by for dinner, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlowsDined on 9/16/2014Our first time at this restaurant and the food was great, we will definitely go again when in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as I was expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Pros: extensive wine list, pretty decor, unique and rare menu items like wagyu beef, jamon iberico ham, escargot, foie gras, etc.. Very rare and expensive items. Cons: not a great value for the fine dining experience. My wife and I are foodies from Pittsburgh and we feel there are better fine dining restaurants with more delectable menu items and preparations for equal or less money in our area such as Monterey fish grotto, off the hook, meat and potatoes, Sonoma grille. Overall, good jot great for the investment.Special Features:
- Sea Blue tops List!RhagamanDined on 9/16/2014My wife and I are from out of town, and somewhat stumbled upon Sea Blue. It was FANTASTIC! From the atmosphere to service to the meal itself, everything was absolutely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousLanakDined on 9/16/2014From the great wine list to the selection of food, everything was great. I had a lobster special which was out of this world for $32, not bad price. My husband had the grouper but I think he wished he ordered the lobster. The wine we chose was out of stock so the owner gave us a more expensive wine for the same price as the one we chose. A $14 savings. We never expected that and it was a really nice jester.Special Features:
- Batting 1.00RAA16Dined on 9/11/2014This is the second time we've dined at Sea Blue. This time, we brought friends who we had told about our prior experience. Once again, everythinng was absolutely perfect. The waiter was attentive and made wine recommendations that were perfect for each course. The food was so much better than any other restaurant that it's hard to find the superlatives. Flavorful, eye-opening, delicioius, sumptuous...We all knew to come hungry and we made the meal our evening's entertainment. The scalloped potatoes are out of this world and the filet mignon falls into the 'best steak ever' realm. Such a great restaurant and top notch in every category. Will dine there again.Special Features:
- We've been spoiled!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014We celebrated our 3 year anniversary at Seablue Restaurant & Wine Bar. It was by far the best dining experience we have ever had. I have worked in the industry for over 20 years, and have pretty high expectations! Our server Eric was very knowledgeable about the menu, and when we were about to leave the owner/chef came over to check on our experience. We had nothing bad to say. My husband had the surf & turf, I had the filet & crab cake. The food was outstanding. Everything was cooked to perfection. My only complaint would be that this restaurant is over 600 miles away from where we live. Lucky for us we love myrtle beach and can not wait to come back to celebrate another anniversary at Seablue Restaurant & Wine BarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supurb Servicecapri8668Dined on 9/10/2014This place is a high end classy place with great décor and outside dining space if you choose. The chef heard me asking the waiter some questions and brought over a piece of beef to explain the different between a center cut filet mignon and chateaubriand. Prices are high, but less than some other high end places in town for the same menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!SissyDined on 9/6/2014Extensive elaborate menu! While pricey, best restaurant on the beach! We had the tasting menu and were able to enjoy a variety from their menu. Everything was beautifully prepared and tasted delicious. A treat to behold!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Culinary AdventureMelissaTCVIPDined on 9/6/2014We decided to go with the chef's tasting menu with the cheese plate. We were not disappointed. Every plate was better than the last. We left feeling satisfied yet wanting more. Every single bite was balanced with interesting favors and textures. Our server was wonderful- the perfect combination of friendly and professional. Seablue is a true gem in a sea of chain restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special outing!pickydinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014From the "value" bottle of wine, to the shrimp & grits, spinach salad and rib-eye (black and blue) everything was fabulous and Jason provided excellent service. A must go in N Myrtle Beach!!Special Features:
- INCREDIBLE DININGOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2014Sea Blue is a must if you are in the Myrtle Beach area even for one night!!!! Amazing selection of Scotch and Bourbon. The wine list is award worthy and every bite that the kitchen prepared for us last night was perfection. We had asked to modify an appetizer and it was prepared as ordered to the letter. Kudos to the proprietors!!!!! Cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Always deliciousFoodWineBeerGirlDined on 8/31/2014This was my second time at SeaBlue. I came here the first time or my anniversary and this time the food was just as good as I remembered it. I was a little disappointed that they were out of the large scallops, but the fish entrée was phenomenal and I had a fabulous meal. I highly recommend the au gratin potatoes as a side.Special Features:
- perfect blind datenicegemDined on 8/30/2014Couldn't find many pictures online so wasn't sure what I was walking into. Was impressed with the style and cleanliness of the place. i celebrated an anniversary dinner there and service was amazing. Extremely well trained and professional waiter with knowledge on the menu and how the food is prepared. Wine was of good selection and great whiskey selection too. For walking into the place a little blind I was drawn in at first sight. tucked in a good spot in the neighborhood, great ambience and romantic with dim blue lighting and soft music, delicious sea food and appetizers. Didn't have space for dessert but I'm sure it would not have been disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Myrtle Beach RestaurantMela526VIPDined on 8/30/2014SeaBlue is a more upscale restaurant oin the Myrtle Beach area. The food is very good and is served with a beautiful presentation. It is, however, a bit on the pricy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aniversary dinneroutoftownersDined on 8/30/2014We had just small plates. Garlic and tomato shrimp and grits, kobe sliders, and tomato salad with in house mozzarela. PerfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must DineluvgoodfoodDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I went for a special occasion after having tried to make reservations a few times before. The food not only met our expectations, they were exceeded. We got scallops rockefeller, Jamon Iberico, and escargot to start. All three were delicious and set the tone for our meal. We decided to get steaks and share two of the sides. I had a barrel cut filet, while my husband had one of the specials-the Kansas City Strip steak. We shared asparagus and creamed spinach with goat cheese, ALL excellent choices. The wine list is very extensive. Our server Jason(ask for him, he's great) suggested a Spanish wine to pair with my steak and he was spot on. After dining there, I understand why reservations are always full. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!KandBDined on 8/21/20142nd year coming for a spectacular dinner while on vacation. Can't say enough of the ambience, service and the fantastic food! We luckily had Jason as our server for 2nd year -fantastic service but knowledge and recommendations were absolutely on point and well received. He made the dining experience, once again, so much better. We brought another couple with us this year because of our previous great experience. They are sold and raved to all of our other friends down for same vacation every year.Special Features:
- Great eveningmleeDined on 8/21/2014My husband & I enjoyed a wonderful meal in an beautiful environment with great service and attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak!MikeDined on 8/20/2014I wanted a really good steak and the 16 oz ribeye was one of the best I've ever had!Special Features:
- SpectaculardmarVIPDined on 8/19/2014An absolutely flawless meal....Jason was fantastic....The Kobe beef was like foie gras!!! The tasting menu....truly one of the best I have ever experienced and I have eaten in numerous Michelin starred restaurants....This place is a hiddem gem.....Can not recommend highly enough....Ate there 2 nights out of four.....I can not overstate the quality and service!!!Special Features:
- Great Food, Wine, and ServiceWeddingAnniversaryDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary at Sea Blue. We had excellent experience. The food was fabulous and the service was superb. Our table was private and romantic. The chef knows how to prepare and season the food. The duck was fantastic and the wild Alaskan Halibut was delicious. Our server, Hillary, was attentive, polite, social, and humorous. It felt as if we were at a five-star restaurant. We highly recommend Sea Blue Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant FindBruceDined on 8/15/2014This our 1st time in N. Myrtle Beach. We were celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary. I read the O T reviews & decided to try Sea Blue & very happy we did. Thee cuisine was unique local & outstanding. The chef has a very inspired menu that made it difficult to chose an entree. I wante 3 or 4. The service & atmosphere were just right for our special occasion. We will be back to try the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- mr paynemrpandblondieDined on 8/15/2014dinner was great as usual..prime..prime..prime..great food, superior service ken and tracy and the crew are the best bar none.Special Features:
- Trying too hardProEaterDined on 8/15/2014They should be happy serving great food but they aren't. They try too hard and end up making what could be a great dish into something that is so complex and has so much going on that it's just not good nor is it enjoyable. It seems they love salt too. All of our dishes had way too much salt. Oh yea, if you sit inside you freeze from the a/c. We sat outside with A great view of the shopping center and parking lot. Save your money and don't go.
- Best Food on the Grand Strand!!SteakSnobDined on 8/14/2014This i9s without a doubt my go-to spot for a great Filet or an amazing Risotto. Their wine selection is top notch, as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!happilyretiredDined on 8/14/2014We have been to SeaBlue twice and loved it both times. The service and food was excellent, especially the " Fruits of the Sea".Special Features: