SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar
501 Highway 17 N
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582Neighborhood:
North Myrtle Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seabluewinebar.com/
- Phone: 8432498800x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Saturday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Norcutt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant may be reserved for semi-private and private functions year round. Please Inquire about specific dates and availability.
- Private Party Contact: Kenneth Norcutt 8432498800x
- Entertainment: Breezy and cool in the shade, the covered patio dining area is decorated with SeaBlue ambiance, complete with candlelit tables and hip music. Patrons are invited to enjoy a cool glass of our house-made sangria, cocktail service, or enjoy the SeaBlue dining experience al fresco. The patio is the only smoking section for the restaurant. Please make a note on the reservation request if you would like outdoor dining.
- Special Events: We frequently offer wine tastings and wine dinners. Please check our website calendar for upcoming special events.
- Cross Street: West Port Dr
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Shared Private Parking Lot
Reservation Details: If your party is larger than 5, please call to confirm reservations with a credit card. We realize you may be on vacation in Myrtle Beach, so please leave a number you may be reached at while traveling so that we can confirm your reservation. Thank you.
A word from SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar
SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar is the top wine and sophisticated dining destination on the Grand Strand. The only recipient of Wine Spectator's Prestigious "Best of Award of Excellence" in the Myrtle Beach area and one of only ten in the entire state of South Carolina. Our chic and sexy dining room is surrounded by a private collection of art from local artists. Our extensive wine list boasts over 500 selections by the bottle and over 50 by the glass. Chef and Owner Kenneth Norcutt searches the globe for the finest ingredients and incorporates them with sustainable locally produced foods. We are very hands on, and are involved in every aspect of the restaurant. Our travels, experiences, and our passion for food and wine enable us to share our restaurant with our guests. Our personal expressions are shown in the menu, the wine list, and the decor. Tracy and I Invite you to...DRINK . DINE . DISCOVER...The SeaBlue Experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in North Myrtle Beach ›
SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)romantic (72)notable wine list (71)fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (13)good for groups (8)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Outstanding food and serviceYumYumDined on 9/17/2014One of the best meals I have had. Erik, our waiter paired my dish with an old world Belgian beer and it was spot on. Food and drink was simply amazing and my wife and I cannot wait to go back. If you are in the area, do yourself a favor and stop by for dinner, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as I was expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Pros: extensive wine list, pretty decor, unique and rare menu items like wagyu beef, jamon iberico ham, escargot, foie gras, etc.. Very rare and expensive items. Cons: not a great value for the fine dining experience. My wife and I are foodies from Pittsburgh and we feel there are better fine dining restaurants with more delectable menu items and preparations for equal or less money in our area such as Monterey fish grotto, off the hook, meat and potatoes, Sonoma grille. Overall, good jot great for the investment.Special Features:
- Sea Blue tops List!RhagamanDined on 9/16/2014My wife and I are from out of town, and somewhat stumbled upon Sea Blue. It was FANTASTIC! From the atmosphere to service to the meal itself, everything was absolutely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousLanakDined on 9/16/2014From the great wine list to the selection of food, everything was great. I had a lobster special which was out of this world for $32, not bad price. My husband had the grouper but I think he wished he ordered the lobster. The wine we chose was out of stock so the owner gave us a more expensive wine for the same price as the one we chose. A $14 savings. We never expected that and it was a really nice jester.Special Features:
- Batting 1.00RAA16Dined on 9/11/2014This is the second time we've dined at Sea Blue. This time, we brought friends who we had told about our prior experience. Once again, everythinng was absolutely perfect. The waiter was attentive and made wine recommendations that were perfect for each course. The food was so much better than any other restaurant that it's hard to find the superlatives. Flavorful, eye-opening, delicioius, sumptuous...We all knew to come hungry and we made the meal our evening's entertainment. The scalloped potatoes are out of this world and the filet mignon falls into the 'best steak ever' realm. Such a great restaurant and top notch in every category. Will dine there again.Special Features:
- We've been spoiled!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014We celebrated our 3 year anniversary at Seablue Restaurant & Wine Bar. It was by far the best dining experience we have ever had. I have worked in the industry for over 20 years, and have pretty high expectations! Our server Eric was very knowledgeable about the menu, and when we were about to leave the owner/chef came over to check on our experience. We had nothing bad to say. My husband had the surf & turf, I had the filet & crab cake. The food was outstanding. Everything was cooked to perfection. My only complaint would be that this restaurant is over 600 miles away from where we live. Lucky for us we love myrtle beach and can not wait to come back to celebrate another anniversary at Seablue Restaurant & Wine BarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supurb Servicecapri8668Dined on 9/10/2014This place is a high end classy place with great décor and outside dining space if you choose. The chef heard me asking the waiter some questions and brought over a piece of beef to explain the different between a center cut filet mignon and chateaubriand. Prices are high, but less than some other high end places in town for the same menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!SissyDined on 9/6/2014Extensive elaborate menu! While pricey, best restaurant on the beach! We had the tasting menu and were able to enjoy a variety from their menu. Everything was beautifully prepared and tasted delicious. A treat to behold!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Culinary AdventureMelissaTCVIPDined on 9/6/2014We decided to go with the chef's tasting menu with the cheese plate. We were not disappointed. Every plate was better than the last. We left feeling satisfied yet wanting more. Every single bite was balanced with interesting favors and textures. Our server was wonderful- the perfect combination of friendly and professional. Seablue is a true gem in a sea of chain restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special outing!pickydinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014From the "value" bottle of wine, to the shrimp & grits, spinach salad and rib-eye (black and blue) everything was fabulous and Jason provided excellent service. A must go in N Myrtle Beach!!Special Features:
- INCREDIBLE DININGOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2014Sea Blue is a must if you are in the Myrtle Beach area even for one night!!!! Amazing selection of Scotch and Bourbon. The wine list is award worthy and every bite that the kitchen prepared for us last night was perfection. We had asked to modify an appetizer and it was prepared as ordered to the letter. Kudos to the proprietors!!!!! Cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Always deliciousFoodWineBeerGirlDined on 8/31/2014This was my second time at SeaBlue. I came here the first time or my anniversary and this time the food was just as good as I remembered it. I was a little disappointed that they were out of the large scallops, but the fish entrée was phenomenal and I had a fabulous meal. I highly recommend the au gratin potatoes as a side.Special Features:
- perfect blind datenicegemDined on 8/30/2014Couldn't find many pictures online so wasn't sure what I was walking into. Was impressed with the style and cleanliness of the place. i celebrated an anniversary dinner there and service was amazing. Extremely well trained and professional waiter with knowledge on the menu and how the food is prepared. Wine was of good selection and great whiskey selection too. For walking into the place a little blind I was drawn in at first sight. tucked in a good spot in the neighborhood, great ambience and romantic with dim blue lighting and soft music, delicious sea food and appetizers. Didn't have space for dessert but I'm sure it would not have been disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Myrtle Beach RestaurantMela526VIPDined on 8/30/2014SeaBlue is a more upscale restaurant oin the Myrtle Beach area. The food is very good and is served with a beautiful presentation. It is, however, a bit on the pricy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aniversary dinneroutoftownersDined on 8/30/2014We had just small plates. Garlic and tomato shrimp and grits, kobe sliders, and tomato salad with in house mozzarela. PerfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must DineluvgoodfoodDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I went for a special occasion after having tried to make reservations a few times before. The food not only met our expectations, they were exceeded. We got scallops rockefeller, Jamon Iberico, and escargot to start. All three were delicious and set the tone for our meal. We decided to get steaks and share two of the sides. I had a barrel cut filet, while my husband had one of the specials-the Kansas City Strip steak. We shared asparagus and creamed spinach with goat cheese, ALL excellent choices. The wine list is very extensive. Our server Jason(ask for him, he's great) suggested a Spanish wine to pair with my steak and he was spot on. After dining there, I understand why reservations are always full. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!KandBDined on 8/21/20142nd year coming for a spectacular dinner while on vacation. Can't say enough of the ambience, service and the fantastic food! We luckily had Jason as our server for 2nd year -fantastic service but knowledge and recommendations were absolutely on point and well received. He made the dining experience, once again, so much better. We brought another couple with us this year because of our previous great experience. They are sold and raved to all of our other friends down for same vacation every year.Special Features:
- Great eveningmleeDined on 8/21/2014My husband & I enjoyed a wonderful meal in an beautiful environment with great service and attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak!MikeDined on 8/20/2014I wanted a really good steak and the 16 oz ribeye was one of the best I've ever had!Special Features:
- SpectaculardmarVIPDined on 8/19/2014An absolutely flawless meal....Jason was fantastic....The Kobe beef was like foie gras!!! The tasting menu....truly one of the best I have ever experienced and I have eaten in numerous Michelin starred restaurants....This place is a hiddem gem.....Can not recommend highly enough....Ate there 2 nights out of four.....I can not overstate the quality and service!!!Special Features:
- Great Food, Wine, and ServiceWeddingAnniversaryDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary at Sea Blue. We had excellent experience. The food was fabulous and the service was superb. Our table was private and romantic. The chef knows how to prepare and season the food. The duck was fantastic and the wild Alaskan Halibut was delicious. Our server, Hillary, was attentive, polite, social, and humorous. It felt as if we were at a five-star restaurant. We highly recommend Sea Blue Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant FindBruceDined on 8/15/2014This our 1st time in N. Myrtle Beach. We were celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary. I read the O T reviews & decided to try Sea Blue & very happy we did. Thee cuisine was unique local & outstanding. The chef has a very inspired menu that made it difficult to chose an entree. I wante 3 or 4. The service & atmosphere were just right for our special occasion. We will be back to try the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- mr paynemrpandblondieDined on 8/15/2014dinner was great as usual..prime..prime..prime..great food, superior service ken and tracy and the crew are the best bar none.Special Features:
- Trying too hardProEaterDined on 8/15/2014They should be happy serving great food but they aren't. They try too hard and end up making what could be a great dish into something that is so complex and has so much going on that it's just not good nor is it enjoyable. It seems they love salt too. All of our dishes had way too much salt. Oh yea, if you sit inside you freeze from the a/c. We sat outside with A great view of the shopping center and parking lot. Save your money and don't go.
- Love it!happilyretiredDined on 8/14/2014We have been to SeaBlue twice and loved it both times. The service and food was excellent, especially the " Fruits of the Sea".Special Features:
- PERFECTION!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014Normally when you go out there will eith er be a flaw in food, service, or ambience. This place had the perfect trifecta and was fantastic on all accounts. We were very impressed in all aspects. Just a fantastic place.Special Features:
- SeaBlueEricDined on 8/7/2014Great food. Great menu. Great service. Perfect evening. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific findfinedinerDined on 8/5/2014My husband and I agree that SeaBlue is one of the top 5 best dining experiences we have had. Considering our ages, that's saying something! It was truly an epicurean delight! Wonderful filet cooked to perfection. Crab cakes with little to no filler. The potatoes au gratin was presented like a slice of cake...very cool! The ambiance is low-key and romantic. I would highly recommend SeaBlue. Perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:
- WonderfulMacfamfive5Dined on 7/30/2014Sea Blue has to be one of the best restaurants my wife and I have been to in our 17 years of marriage. From the service to the outstanding food...it was a fantastic experience. Can not wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- LivetoeatDined on 7/29/2014We look forward to going back to Sea Blue when we come back to myrtle Beach. The food is exceptional. We didn't expect to find such a classy restaurant when we first went there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceLoveSeaBlueDined on 7/26/2014This was my 3 or 4th time dining at SeaBlue. In all of my visits the food, staff and ambience has been exceptional. We return mostly because of the chef and his wonderful dishes. Thank you so much and we will be back when we are in town.Special Features:
- A real find!!MyrBchLocalDined on 7/25/2014This was one of the best meals that I've ever had. I had the duck breast which was cooked to perfection and just as I ordered it. Vegetables had unique sauces and were very tasty, you can't beat this place. It is a little pricey, but worth every penny. Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2014Our favorite dining in NMB. Food and service are outstanding. Eric was our sever this evening and attended to every detail. Tracy and Ken made us feel very welcome. Hilary called in her very professional way to confirm our reservation and Shannon greeted and seated us very promptly. Sea Blue is our favorite restaurant!! The HarrissesSpecial Features:
- Perfect - start to finish!wifeyhubbyfoodiesDined on 7/23/2014Found this treasure on opentable.com and we were completely impressed! The hostess was gracious and engaging. Our server, Chris, was spot on in every aspect of our meal. The food was beautiful to the eye and impeccably prepared. Our visit was so pleasing that we made another reservation so we can visit again before we leave. The locals are lucky, indeed, to have Sea Blue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticbizdinerDined on 7/21/2014Sat at the bar and had a great meal. Try the spinach salad and the seafood. The duck was superb! Hilary took great care of us! Sea Blue is the best for miles around!Special Features:
- Something out of the ordinary22tangoDined on 7/18/2014The food here was definitely above average. The service was excellent, with the staff very knowledgeable, especially the sommelier. Very nice choice of wines. We chose the tasting menu for food, and the chef actually brought several courses to our table. the foie gras was very tasty, as well as the scallops rockefeller. The restaurant was very expensive, but was quite nice for our special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jantomDined on 7/17/2014Second visit here in 2 years, outstanding service and excellent food both times. Very deserving of the recent accolades.Special Features:
- PerfectionKelly10Dined on 7/15/2014Dining experience for wife and I was incredible. Walked out and immediately text own parents to visit SEABLUE when they travel to myrtle next month. Filet cooked to perfection and love how martinis are served in stainless steel and remain cold. Hillary hostess was super friendly. Chris, I think, strawberry blonde waiter aimed to please.....food was so delicious...even talked about it the next day. Found out about SEABLUE from 10best.com site. Kudos to all of you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in a town full of chainsklapperVIPDined on 7/14/2014It's Myrtle Beach, what else do I need to say? Pancake houses and buffet seafood. This is one of a few places that understands quality. The Foie Gras was delectable. My duck in a very nice blackberry BBQ sauce was outstanding. Wifey had the signature dish, "fruits of the sea", and believed it was her best seafood meal of the week. Just go! You won't regret it.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Food was outstanding. Service was great. Would definitely recommend getting a salad with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.