6152 Roswell Rd
Atlanta, GA 30328Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seabasskitchen.com/
- Phone: 4047058880x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner:Nightly 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Donald Welson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from SeaBass Kitchen
Sea Bass Kitchen is a great new addition to Sandy Springs neighborhood serving you the freshest seafood in the city .From Chilean Sea Bass to Whole Market Fish Mediterranean style. Menu options also include Roasted Chicken, Prime Beef, Lamb Shanks, Pasta. all served with freshness and exeptional service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SeaBass Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (23)romantic (21)great for lunch (11)good for groups (6)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Mahi Mahi was great. Service excellent. Enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We don't go out to nice restaurants too much just because we have 2 young children and don't get too many chances. But we loved SeaBass Kitchen. Had a great time with just the 2 of us on our anniversary. The food was great and it was just a nice, relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- Pleasant Dining ExperienceJDDJDDined on 8/18/2014Food was good and service was attentive. With A/C on it was a bit chilly, but a nice place to celebrate a birthday on a quiet Monday evening.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I took my family to this restaurant and we all enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Great foodPhilDined on 8/14/2014Loved it, it had been a while I had had a chance to eat a whole fish. It was deliciously prepared with lots of flavor. I will definitely come back again, and with the whole family next time. I'm sure my son, who is not a fan of seafood will love to try the beef and duck burger!Special Features:
- Great seafoodPatlin2VIPDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed a quiet dinner, great service and terrific food. Try the skate wing and the grilled octopus.Special Features:
- Pretty otp restaurantDunwoodyfoodieDined on 8/10/20144 seasoned diners arrived at this beautiful neighborhood spot. If only the execution of the fish dishes matched the surroundings. All the side dishes and vegetables were terrific. All the fish dishes were slightly over cooked and dry. A seafood chef should be able to cook fish to a moist finish. We had an attentive waitress and a pleasant experience, although not a favorably memorable meal.Special Features:
- Nice Place.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014Great service with spectacular food. The parking is a little tight but free.Special Features:
- Great Fish!rjdbVIPDined on 7/31/2014Superb meal. Our waiter was very nice. Whole fish was excellent. Would have liked to have seen more people in the restaurant!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!ChastainFoodieDined on 7/26/2014Had a fabulous dinner here. This is our 2nd time dining here and look fwd to many more visits. We had grilled octopus for an appetizer and our entrees were Skate Wing and Lamb Shank - all of which were delicious! Our server was wonderful as well - French gentleman with perfect service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood done rightkarinekodaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Party of three ate all fish, and they came out just perfect. Side of vegetables were fresh and well-prepared, not overcooked. We will eat there again.Special Features:
- In one word: "Disappointed"New2SSDined on 7/25/2014My spouse and I have been looking forward to dinner at SeaBass Kitchen since we moved to the area a year ago. The service was good, our waiter was very attentive, almost too much so. We both ordered beet salad. Four chunks of beet on a bed of greens, heavily peppered and vinegared, has never been considered a beet salad at any other restaurant. Apparently it is here. We both ordered fish, one "the fish the restaurant is named after" per the waiter, and the Carolina Trout. Served with a serving of kale and a scoop of white rice, the fish were hardly seasoned and the whole dish was doused in olive oil. The kale could have used any seasoning and plain white rice? Nothing was the least bit inspired. A waste of time and money. Disappointed.
- Best grilled octopus in townTheatreFanVIPDined on 7/25/2014Beet, feta salad is big enough to share and SO good. Trout-delicious Sea Bass got high marks from diner! Funny little porch with indoor waterfall on busy Roswell Rd. Romantic ambiance indoors. Couples, singles, families, groups of men, friends-appeals to many groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You want fish..here is the placeMadam3dDined on 7/24/2014Sea Bass Kitchen has an excellent selection of fish options coupled with an amazingly warm environment and wonderful staff. Branzino isn't often a feature, so when available get it and SBK does it right. Of course the sea bass entree melts in your mouth. My husband and I will be back again for the crab cakes - they ran out so they must be delicious. #goodfoodSpecial Features:
- The waiter argued with usplanderVIPDined on 7/23/2014He didn't understand and didn't listen. He spoke over us. Additionally, we ordered wine and it was in a small flute. It was the equivalent of a thimble.
- Dissapointed w/lunch service & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014The service was slow, 1 waiter during lunch. My salad showed up with out the fried ousters. The fried oysters were very greasy this time. Been here 2 other times @ lunch & we loved the food & service.
- Food was great, service was less soKarenKDined on 7/19/2014The food was delicious, but our waiter seemed to be new, or not well trained. My friends asked what skate wing fish was (a speciality here) and he really could not explain it. My friends ordered main dish, no appetizers or salad. I ordered a salad and an appetizer, and specifically asked for the salad to be delivered first, and then second (hot) appetizer with the dinners of my friends. Unfortunately both the salad and the hot appetizer appeared at the same time, well before the meals. The server offered to ask the kitchen to hurry up their meals. Shrimp pasta and fish and chips were tasty, friend liked, didn't love the skate fish. Kale salad was good, mushroom flatbread yummy. Everyone enjoyed their food, so we would probably return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as Usual!WeLoveFoodVIPDined on 7/12/2014We love eating here. Came here with friends and everyone enjoyed their dinner! We all had different appetizer's and dinners and they were all great! I love the lobster and orzo app, but the sauce was not the same this time as previous visits, good but not as good :). We will be back!Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/11/2014We decided to be adventurous and try the grilled octopus appetizer. It was amazing!Special Features:
- Nice diningViningsladyDined on 7/10/2014Was pleasantly surprised, even though I thought the menu was over-priced. Food was presented well and served nice and hot. Delicious warm bread served. My friend ordered the whole fish (head and tail) after it was offered to her, but it was brought without. Disappointing that they got that wrong in the kitchen. The two of us shared a salad and she had two glasses of wine. No dessert, and the check was $95.00. There is also a charge for valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tanya50Dined on 7/8/2014Great place, food was prepare on time and crab cakes was delicious. Beautiful interior and glamour tables setting. Main course - red snapper - just melting in your mouse. We will be back again with more people in a group.Special Features:
- Loved the sea bass !!CarotoppDined on 7/5/2014We had a lovely dinner! The Greek salad was very fresh. We also had the shrimp scampi appetizer which was good but nothing special. My sea bass came with creamed spinach & mashed potatoes. I was in heaven. Good baklava for dessert. I forgot to mention the great dirty martini with stuffed olives & a delicious glass of Pinot Grigio...I'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/4/2014We were so excited to have a kid-free night and try this restaurant, and were therefore very disappointed when we arrived to find that it was closed, even though our recent 8:00 reservation had been accepted. I wondered if the restaurant would contact us the next day when they opened, but did not hear from them. I did call, and learned that they had closed early since they were slow. I feel this is very bad business.
- EatWellVIPDined on 7/2/2014I love this place! The food is healthy, fresh, and flavorful and you feel like you're having it at the Mediterranean. The service is that perfect balance of attentive and non-intrusive. I look forward to my next trip there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeVIPDined on 7/2/2014The food was very good, the service was excellent. Enjoyed the visitSpecial Features:
- One of the best!!!KvplDined on 6/27/2014We went to the Seabass Kitchen for our 32 yr anniversary. Excellent service and fantastic food. The grilled Bronzini is the best my husband and I ever tasted. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2014My date and I tried this place because there are view places in the city which serve Chilean sea bass. We arrived at were seated immediately (a plus) but after receiving our initial water, waited about 15 minutes before seeing the waiter again (I'm not sure why, there were only 3 other customers in the restaurant). The food was alright, I stuck to the sea bass but my date chose seafood pasta which was described as 'just okay'. After finishing our meal, we waited another 15-20 minutes to get the check and table cleared. Again, for a restaurant which was not busy on a Thursday night, the service could have been world's better.Special Features:
- Good seafood restaurantgordoDined on 6/26/2014The seafood was good, but not "possibly the best in Atlanta" as claimed. Service was a slow and "awkward". Don't see the point in the mandatory valet car parking, my car was parked 10 feet from where I got out of it, into an empty lot. Glad I tried it and enjoyed the food, but for the money there are better seafood restaurants further in town with better service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/23/2014I've been there several times & always enjoy the food!Special Features:
- Great TastesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014TRY THE SKATE WING! My only complaint was that the Hummus is a bit bland.Special Features:
- Wow!YummyTummyDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant was excellent!! Grilled Octopus was tender and flavorful. Grilled Prawns were great and filling! Husband enjoyed the Branzini whole fish. The spinach was the best I've ever had. Cooked and seasoned perfectly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair but would try again.DebiDined on 6/14/2014They were out of one of the specials by 8pm. The snapper was barely room temperature but we were too hungry to send it back as we didn't get service till 9pm. The Sea Bass was delicious. The waitress did bring out 3 free desserts to try to make it up to us.
- ssfischelDined on 6/14/2014You don't see skate very often on menus around the South. SeaBass had a wonderful skate dish cooked and seasoned perfectly.Special Features:
- last visitTheatreFanVIPDined on 6/13/2014We have been many times.this last time two of the dishes we ordered were not u[ to the past.The skate wings tasted and smelled somewhat like amonia and the mixed seafood had limited taste and also had an aroma.this was not typical to our other visits.Special Features:
- InconsistentDined on 6/10/2014Have eaten here before and the food was better, This time seasoning was weak and food preparation was uneven and not well cooked.Special Features:
- Always a solid bet.LocalFishLoversDined on 6/7/2014This was our second visit and we were once again impressed. SeaBass will definitely be in our rotation of local restaurants.
- Enjoyable place to dineSandySpringsGirl14Dined on 6/6/2014This was our second time to SeaBass Kitchen. Our first time dining there was on their opening weekend. We thought the food was good then, but it is even better. We had family come in to town this past weekend that requested to go back there. The food was even better and the service was terrific. We all dined on seafood flat bread, kale salad, lamb, prawns and more and totally enjoyed everything. I really liked the kale salad. I tried the Key Lime Tini and thought it was delicious! Good food, good service, great location. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Very nice experienceadyoDined on 5/29/2014Great food, great service, large variety of fresh fish, very nice set up. Need some lighter desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!foodieDined on 5/25/2014Grilled octopus and calamari starters were fabulous ! I'd go back and make a meal of the octopus alone. Jumbo prawns were true to their name and very tasty. Loved the paleo indicators too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED the Sea Bass.foodloverVIPDined on 5/24/2014Hands down the best and freshest Sea Bass I have every eaten and the prices are great for the quality of food. The waiter was fantastic and we loved everything from the fresh greek salad to the sea bass and finished with the dessert. Yummo! Also had the crab cakes and they were fantastic.Special Features: