6152 Roswell Rd
Atlanta, GA 30328Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seabasskitchen.com/
- Phone: 4047058880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner:Nightly 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Donald Welson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from SeaBass Kitchen
Sea Bass Kitchen is a great new addition to Sandy Springs neighborhood serving you the freshest seafood in the city .From Chilean Sea Bass to Whole Market Fish Mediterranean style. Menu options also include Roasted Chicken, Prime Beef, Lamb Shanks, Pasta. all served with freshness and exeptional service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SeaBass Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (19)romantic (19)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (6)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Very AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014We want to love this restaurant, because it is in our neighborhood, but it was very disappointing. They are struggling and it shows. The menu listed a beet/ goat cheese/ candied walnut salad, which was mostly overly dressed salad greens with slices of canned beets, stale walnuts and very pungent goat cheese....Seriously? Most restaurants offer a beet salad, which is usually beautiful roasted red and yellow beets as the main ingredient. That was just the start. Unfortunatly, the rest was average. Our server was very pleasant. I am sure it is difficult when a restaurant is struggling, to spend money on quality ingredients and good chefs, but most patrons are sophisticated diners with higher expectations.
- Very disappointingRoswellPalateDined on 10/10/2014Skate was awful as was the couscous. Very embarrassed I talked my friends into going.
- YumMomofboysDined on 10/8/2014We went for our 20 anniversary. We had the seafood flatbread as appetizer and it was amazing!! I had the Chilean sea bass and the taste was unbelievably good. They graciously gifted us with baklava to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret007SueDined on 9/20/2014I truly enjoyed my visit to Sea Bass restaurant. This was my first time and I am still talking about the food, the service and the ambiance of the place. I had the skate wing as my entrée and the crab cake as appetizer. The food was beyond delicious. This is a must try for everybody.Special Features:
- SeaBass for Dinner2fordinnerDined on 9/17/2014I had the skate, my friend had the Carolina Trout. Both were well prepared, fresh spinach and potatoes. A very delicious roasted beet salad, delicious bread, a nice red wine made for a very nice dinner. Second time to eat at SeaBass, it has a lot to offer for a nice dinner at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Amazing Chilean Sea Bass! What a treat. Excellent service and food!Special Features:
- Lots of potentialFeatherpantsVIPDined on 9/11/2014The menu is great but the dishes don't live up to the title. Each dish had something good but something not so good. Shrimp cooked perfectly but scampi sauce too runny and tasteless, poor boy oysters good but served on a hamburger bun!
- Hit and MissMeantoBeDined on 9/6/2014Interesting little restaurant. Setting is cozy - not too big nor small. Cocktails good but be careful because they ran out of liquors (can only pour one drink and the bottle is empty with no back-up!) and wines ("We sold the last bottle yesterday" - be prepared to substitute!). However, the dinner was very good - fresh Red Snapper; great Greek salad. Service was somewhat inattentive - waiter would show up, explain menu items and then disappear. Don't worry about being upsold! All in all it was an interesting experience. We would go back to see if our service (inventory and attentiveness) was a fluke or just their idea of inventory logistical control!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small with great foodMCDavisDined on 9/2/2014It's small but the food is great. I went with a friend for lunch when they opened. We were the only people there for a long time. The waiter was a bit slow but we kept ourselves occupied. The steak was AWESOME! The crab cake was filling and good. Don't know what it's like when it's full but I'll go again for the quiet and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality fooddineoftenVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was very good. We had the vegetable flat bread and branzini and snapper whole fish. It was very fresh. Like a previous reviewer, the presentation of the sides could be improved. The one negative is the pricey wine list. They were out of most of the medium to lower prices Cabernets and Merlots. We had to choose 3 different bottles before they had one to serve. Kudos for the server for coming back often to pour the wine. You don’t see that much any more. Service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Great lunchRPXMd2Dined on 8/25/2014Mahi Mahi was great. Service excellent. Enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Loved itNightOutDined on 8/23/2014We don't go out to nice restaurants too much just because we have 2 young children and don't get too many chances. But we loved SeaBass Kitchen. Had a great time with just the 2 of us on our anniversary. The food was great and it was just a nice, relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- Pleasant Dining ExperienceJDDJDDined on 8/18/2014Food was good and service was attentive. With A/C on it was a bit chilly, but a nice place to celebrate a birthday on a quiet Monday evening.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I took my family to this restaurant and we all enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Great foodPhilDined on 8/14/2014Loved it, it had been a while I had had a chance to eat a whole fish. It was deliciously prepared with lots of flavor. I will definitely come back again, and with the whole family next time. I'm sure my son, who is not a fan of seafood will love to try the beef and duck burger!Special Features:
- Great seafoodPatlin2VIPDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed a quiet dinner, great service and terrific food. Try the skate wing and the grilled octopus.Special Features:
- Pretty otp restaurantDunwoodyfoodieDined on 8/10/20144 seasoned diners arrived at this beautiful neighborhood spot. If only the execution of the fish dishes matched the surroundings. All the side dishes and vegetables were terrific. All the fish dishes were slightly over cooked and dry. A seafood chef should be able to cook fish to a moist finish. We had an attentive waitress and a pleasant experience, although not a favorably memorable meal.Special Features:
- Nice Place.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014Great service with spectacular food. The parking is a little tight but free.Special Features:
- Great Fish!rjdbVIPDined on 7/31/2014Superb meal. Our waiter was very nice. Whole fish was excellent. Would have liked to have seen more people in the restaurant!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!ChastainFoodieDined on 7/26/2014Had a fabulous dinner here. This is our 2nd time dining here and look fwd to many more visits. We had grilled octopus for an appetizer and our entrees were Skate Wing and Lamb Shank - all of which were delicious! Our server was wonderful as well - French gentleman with perfect service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood done rightkarinekodaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Party of three ate all fish, and they came out just perfect. Side of vegetables were fresh and well-prepared, not overcooked. We will eat there again.Special Features:
- In one word: "Disappointed"New2SSDined on 7/25/2014My spouse and I have been looking forward to dinner at SeaBass Kitchen since we moved to the area a year ago. The service was good, our waiter was very attentive, almost too much so. We both ordered beet salad. Four chunks of beet on a bed of greens, heavily peppered and vinegared, has never been considered a beet salad at any other restaurant. Apparently it is here. We both ordered fish, one "the fish the restaurant is named after" per the waiter, and the Carolina Trout. Served with a serving of kale and a scoop of white rice, the fish were hardly seasoned and the whole dish was doused in olive oil. The kale could have used any seasoning and plain white rice? Nothing was the least bit inspired. A waste of time and money. Disappointed.
- Best grilled octopus in townTheatreFanVIPDined on 7/25/2014Beet, feta salad is big enough to share and SO good. Trout-delicious Sea Bass got high marks from diner! Funny little porch with indoor waterfall on busy Roswell Rd. Romantic ambiance indoors. Couples, singles, families, groups of men, friends-appeals to many groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You want fish..here is the placeMadam3dDined on 7/24/2014Sea Bass Kitchen has an excellent selection of fish options coupled with an amazingly warm environment and wonderful staff. Branzino isn't often a feature, so when available get it and SBK does it right. Of course the sea bass entree melts in your mouth. My husband and I will be back again for the crab cakes - they ran out so they must be delicious. #goodfoodSpecial Features:
- The waiter argued with usplanderVIPDined on 7/23/2014He didn't understand and didn't listen. He spoke over us. Additionally, we ordered wine and it was in a small flute. It was the equivalent of a thimble.
- Dissapointed w/lunch service & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/22/2014The service was slow, 1 waiter during lunch. My salad showed up with out the fried ousters. The fried oysters were very greasy this time. Been here 2 other times @ lunch & we loved the food & service.
- Food was great, service was less soKarenKDined on 7/19/2014The food was delicious, but our waiter seemed to be new, or not well trained. My friends asked what skate wing fish was (a speciality here) and he really could not explain it. My friends ordered main dish, no appetizers or salad. I ordered a salad and an appetizer, and specifically asked for the salad to be delivered first, and then second (hot) appetizer with the dinners of my friends. Unfortunately both the salad and the hot appetizer appeared at the same time, well before the meals. The server offered to ask the kitchen to hurry up their meals. Shrimp pasta and fish and chips were tasty, friend liked, didn't love the skate fish. Kale salad was good, mushroom flatbread yummy. Everyone enjoyed their food, so we would probably return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as Usual!WeLoveFoodVIPDined on 7/12/2014We love eating here. Came here with friends and everyone enjoyed their dinner! We all had different appetizer's and dinners and they were all great! I love the lobster and orzo app, but the sauce was not the same this time as previous visits, good but not as good :). We will be back!Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/11/2014We decided to be adventurous and try the grilled octopus appetizer. It was amazing!Special Features:
- Nice diningViningsladyDined on 7/10/2014Was pleasantly surprised, even though I thought the menu was over-priced. Food was presented well and served nice and hot. Delicious warm bread served. My friend ordered the whole fish (head and tail) after it was offered to her, but it was brought without. Disappointing that they got that wrong in the kitchen. The two of us shared a salad and she had two glasses of wine. No dessert, and the check was $95.00. There is also a charge for valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tanya50Dined on 7/8/2014Great place, food was prepare on time and crab cakes was delicious. Beautiful interior and glamour tables setting. Main course - red snapper - just melting in your mouse. We will be back again with more people in a group.Special Features:
- Loved the sea bass !!CarotoppDined on 7/5/2014We had a lovely dinner! The Greek salad was very fresh. We also had the shrimp scampi appetizer which was good but nothing special. My sea bass came with creamed spinach & mashed potatoes. I was in heaven. Good baklava for dessert. I forgot to mention the great dirty martini with stuffed olives & a delicious glass of Pinot Grigio...I'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/4/2014We were so excited to have a kid-free night and try this restaurant, and were therefore very disappointed when we arrived to find that it was closed, even though our recent 8:00 reservation had been accepted. I wondered if the restaurant would contact us the next day when they opened, but did not hear from them. I did call, and learned that they had closed early since they were slow. I feel this is very bad business.
- EatWellVIPDined on 7/2/2014I love this place! The food is healthy, fresh, and flavorful and you feel like you're having it at the Mediterranean. The service is that perfect balance of attentive and non-intrusive. I look forward to my next trip there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeVIPDined on 7/2/2014The food was very good, the service was excellent. Enjoyed the visitSpecial Features:
- One of the best!!!KvplDined on 6/27/2014We went to the Seabass Kitchen for our 32 yr anniversary. Excellent service and fantastic food. The grilled Bronzini is the best my husband and I ever tasted. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2014My date and I tried this place because there are view places in the city which serve Chilean sea bass. We arrived at were seated immediately (a plus) but after receiving our initial water, waited about 15 minutes before seeing the waiter again (I'm not sure why, there were only 3 other customers in the restaurant). The food was alright, I stuck to the sea bass but my date chose seafood pasta which was described as 'just okay'. After finishing our meal, we waited another 15-20 minutes to get the check and table cleared. Again, for a restaurant which was not busy on a Thursday night, the service could have been world's better.Special Features:
- Good seafood restaurantgordoDined on 6/26/2014The seafood was good, but not "possibly the best in Atlanta" as claimed. Service was a slow and "awkward". Don't see the point in the mandatory valet car parking, my car was parked 10 feet from where I got out of it, into an empty lot. Glad I tried it and enjoyed the food, but for the money there are better seafood restaurants further in town with better service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/23/2014I've been there several times & always enjoy the food!Special Features:
- The following 186 reviews are from the SeaBass Kitchen reviews archive.
- Great TastesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014TRY THE SKATE WING! My only complaint was that the Hummus is a bit bland.Special Features: