Sea Watch Restaurant
6002 North Ocean Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Sea Watch Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seawatchontheocean.com/
- Phone: (954) 781-2200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner Daily 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, International
- Executive Chef: Darryl Shuford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Wine Down Wednesdays - 50% Off Every Bottle of Wine - ALL DAY!
A word from Sea Watch Restaurant
Sea Watch On The Ocean located on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean in Fort Lauderdale is perfect for any occasion. Whether it's business, pleasure, or any other special event we offer private dining rooms, an enclosed patio or our main dining room, all with beautiful water views to maximize your dining experience. Operating for over 39 years our menu selections range from a wide variety of the finest seafood and steaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sea Watch Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Sea Watch Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
315 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (258)special occasion (186)romantic (136)good for groups (107)neighborhood gem (107)great for outdoor dining (103)fit for foodies (96)great for lunch (89)notable wine list (51)great for brunch (38)kid-friendly (29)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (17)Show More
- Sea Watch RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014Sea Watch is a great lunch place because of the food and view of the dunes and the Atlantic Ocean. I recommend the lobster roll and the clam chowder which are both plentiful and delicious. The wine list is extensive and slightly expensive. I found it hard to find a decent wine under $30.00. The service was very professional and non rushed. We spent two and half hours of a leisure lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerSherVIPDined on 11/17/2014Sign up for emails so you will get a $30 gift card for your birthday month!!! (can't use it on sunset meals) I went for my birthday dinner on a Monday night. For the sunset dinner they only take reservations for 5 or 5:15pm. The sunset dinner ends at 6pm. For $21.95 you get a choice of soup or salad, entrée with 2 sides, and ice cream or key lime pie. They provide you with a pumpernickel and wheat bread basket. The service was very good. Never had to ask for a drink refill or to have my plate cleared. I went with the prime rib sunset dinner. I started with the salad which is served with a sweet Asian vinaigrette. It comes with candied pecans, tomato, artichoke, olives, and tomatoes. I really liked the dressing. The prime rib is the same size as the regular menu ($27 with no side, salad, or dessert). The prime rib was okay. I have had better seasoned prime rib elsewhere (Shula's on the Beach). For the sunset deal I thought it was worth it. But I wouldn't want to spend $27 just for the piece of prime rib. The sunset meal came with mashed potatoes and green beans. Both were good, but nothing outstanding. I also had a side of red skillet cornbread ($3). It was served in a little three inch red skillet. They pop it out of the skillet in front of you. It was sweet and delicious. The top was a little crispy, which I liked. For dessert, I was disappointed they had no chocolate cake on their menu! With my sunset menu you get ice cream (chocolate, vanilla, or peppermint) or key lime pie. I gave my peppermint ice cream to my friend and ordered the pecan cake. It was super sweet. It was a mix between a cake and a pecan pie. It was good, but super sweet. It came with a scoop of ice cream. I tasted the key lime pie which was super sour. I am not a fan of key lime so I can't really evaluate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real neighborhood gemlulubellDined on 11/15/2014Our neighbor was raving about this fantastic Seafood dishes at Sea Watch. I was skeptical because I remembered this restaurant from many years ago. It was OK but not memorable. Since we live in a walking distance, we've decided to give it a try. WOW! Fresh, delicious Seafood skillfully prepared! We had fried calamaris, really light and tender; very good BOUILLABAISSE definitely worth trying and a yummy creme brulee. Lauderdale by the Sea is rather touristy and the restaurants are far from "fit for foodies". I would say that SEA WATCH is real a NEIGHBORHOOD GEM. We are looking forward to eat there again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oceanside GemBradyfoofyVIPDined on 11/15/2014If you are looking for a seafood restaurant with a fantastic view, go to Sea Watch in Lauderdale by the Sea! This is our 3rd visit and we live in Miami but made the effort to return because of the ambiance, service, and fresh, well prepared seafood at reasonabale prices. I only wish we had a similar restaurant in Miami but we will continue to make the trek to Sea Watch because it is well worth the effort!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Nice atmosphere and attentive wait staff. We were a little disappointed that they were out of the stone crabs, but understood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceAndreDined on 11/12/2014A special mention for our table server for his smile, patience, professionalism and effectiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014My fiancée and I are from out of town and vacationing in the area. We ate at the Sea Watch on both Monday 11/10 and went back again on Tuesday 11/11. The service, the view and our meal was just wonderful. We have already recommended to our family and friends. We will definately return and look forward to it on our next visit in February. We were there for your Anniversary Celebration. It is easy to see how this lovely restaurant has been in business for 40 years. Thank you for two very enjoyable evenings. Margarite BoddSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodtimeDined on 11/10/2014service was excellent, food was excellent and restaurant had a charming ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodmarybarDined on 11/10/2014It was the first time we were going to this restaurant. We have eaten grouper and trout. It was very very excellent and refined! We strongly recommand this restaurant for the fish!Special Features:
- Excellent OptionmespacorpDined on 11/10/2014We went to Sea Watch Rest., for our 25th Anniversary and hopefully we will spend our 26th too. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Manager Bob spoiled our evningfmmazDined on 11/9/2014Every time we go to SW we have a problem with the manager. Even if we REQUEST a table near the window, we have problems. Today Bob wanted to seat us on the second floor. TWO women could not make the steps so we were seated at a table whos view was under the steps. Some of the food was dried out, it seems to be the norm now. The other had broiled lobster was dried out with the tomillie dried on the ribs. My corn tasted like it was warmed on the grill without any lubricant. .We will nolonger be going to sea watch. When I pay for dinner, I want my wishes honored not be told what to do by bob. This is NOT the first time that we have had problems with bob at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Seawatch Restaurant on the oceansidOceanviewdiningDined on 11/8/2014The food was good, soup served cold even after I said make it very hot. When I complained waitress told me that was the best she could do, I said that was unacceptable. She took it back with a "grump" and brought it back hot. The fish, grouper, was good the vegetable and potatoe were tepid. The coffer 2nd cup was also tepid. Maybe I'm fussy, but I like my food hot. There was an early bird that included appetizer, entrée and desert. Coffee was $2.00 extra. The reservation I made was for 5:15 PM and there must have been at least 100 people waiting to get in. However, we were seated about 5:25 PM which really was okay. We like to eat at the Seawatch, but I think price performance one should go for lunch. It's nice to sea the ocean.Special Features:
- Rustic and ScenicOhWellDined on 11/8/2014Lovely spot for a special occasion. Nice beach/ocean view. Very attentive service, good sized wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good time for allSeawatch2014Dined on 11/7/2014There on a double date. Arrived at 8pm and had drinks in the upstairs bar. The view was so romantic and the drinks were well made. Dinner at 8:30, but there was no rush. At first it was a bit noisy, but got better as partons left. Service was good and but the menu choices were limited. Would have liked to see more chicken choices. Over all everyone was pleased with their selection, and would come again for sure.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedJomana812Dined on 11/7/2014Not your typical "fried fish platter" type of seafood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant!!DehbezDined on 11/6/2014My husband and I have been eating here for many years and have never been disappointed. The food, ambiance, and wait staff are all superb!Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialEasygoinguyDined on 11/5/2014After hearing much about SeaWatch Restaurant from people who live in Lauderdale I decided to try it while on vacation recently. After my visit I can't understand what all the hype is about. There was nothing really wrong but there was definitely nothing special about the place. Our server was pleasant enough, as they should be, but the food was ordinary, nothing special about it. I had the shrimp and scallops and was stunned at their small size. For the price of that dinner I expected better. My friends ordered Paella and didn't finish their plates because, as they said, "it was lousy". Not likely I'll visit this venue again. My advise is, save your money there are better restaurants around.
- million dollar viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Excellent cocktail on upper deck overlooking ocean. We enjoyed the twilight dinner selection. We had prime rib and salmon. Great value, great food, and topped off by friendly service and incredible view. Can't wait to return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/4/2014Enjoyed our evening. Next table was quite noisy, but the food and service very good. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for the early special.TigerDined on 11/4/2014The lobster was excellent! So was the catch of the day! Soups and salad were very good. And the key lime pie was the real thing! Sides were just ok. Corn was overcooked and mashed potatoes were bland but everything else was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40 Wonderful YearsCappieDined on 11/4/2014We have dined here on the last night of our annual Florida vacation since their first year of business and have always thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Good food and service, moderately priced, and an unbeatable location on the ocean.... highly recommended.Special Features:
- OUR FAVORITE PLACEHANKDined on 11/3/2014WE ENJOY THE SEA WATCH FOR ITS FOOD AND VIEW . WE GO THERE MANY TIMES DURING THE YEAR.Special Features:
- Best Place to eatmabwebDined on 11/2/2014We have come here several times and always bring our visitors for a fantastic dinner.Special Features:
- OutstandingSenatorDined on 11/2/2014The food was exceptional, the service impeccable and the atmosphere was casual and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DowngradedSaturday4Dined on 11/1/2014I've been here many times before.. We were seated in what looked like the overflow room. Little ambience, basic dining room. If there was a view we couldn't see it as it was already dark. Seated by 8pm and was told that they were out if prime rib . Out if prime rib by 8pm on a Saturday night ? Poor planning 2 of us out if 4 ordered appetizers which came quite quickly. We had to wait for the rest of our food for at least an hour. The poor waitress apologized as much as she could. Said the kitchen was backed up. When the food finally arrive the fish served was dried out and not flavor able at all . Over an hour into waiting, ordering another meal was not an option. The manager agreed to comp that meal and drinks
- Is this Florida or Hawaii - AmazingNaplesFLfoodLuvrDined on 11/1/2014This is my third visit back to the Sea Watch Restaurant. It's coming up on it's 40th year anniversary and wish I knew about this place years ago. It's very rare to find a well run family restaurant here in Florida. It has a great charm along with sophisticated elegance that any age would enjoy. The VIEWS...well need I say more from my Subject Line "Is this Florida or Hawaii".It's totally captivatingThe comfortable atmosphere both contemporary, yet nautical that is sophisticatedly decorated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- domenicalwayseatingoutDined on 10/30/2014I would not recommend this restaurant it's all hype and no subtanceSpecial Features:
- too close early bird specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014We had to dine early but not early bird time - so restaurant was still packed - service was slow - food was not hot and not very good - especially for the price - great location but overall a disappointment.
- Ambiance, Food, Service...rrtiesDined on 10/30/2014The Ambiance was elegant and rustic while bringing a certain Seaside Romance to the Table. The Food was outstanding as was the friendly Service. Not to mention the Prices are very reasonable. Great experience, can't wait to eat there again !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for a celebrationTigerDined on 10/30/2014This was a family celebration, and the food, service, and atmosphere were great. The choices were varied enough to suit everybody. The wait staff was knowledgeable about gluten free choices, and there was plenty to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- walli666Dined on 10/27/2014Never disappoints. Great location with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maidoneDined on 10/26/2014Dinner at Dusk is a good value, soup or salad, entre selection and dessert for $21.95. Served between 5-6PM daily. The lobster was popular. I had slow roasted prime rib and husband had broiled combination. Both were very good. Reservations and arrival early will ensure a better view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodwelchthewarriorDined on 10/26/2014it was good .great service .nice view .good food limited menu .it just wasn' t great . the menu needs a few more options that all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at 8pckybyDined on 10/25/2014Professional service, lovely inside and out. Attractive and attentive staff that know the borders. Shrimp, Mahi and Salmon prepared beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingChristineVIPDined on 10/25/2014Really great romantic evening - notable service by server Jaime who has been with the restaurant for many years. Boathouse Oysters and Blackened Mahi Mahi fabulous!Special Features:
- Ask to be seated in Mary's sectionVistyourparentsoftenDined on 10/25/2014Service was superb. View and food were good too. Had a great time.Special Features:
- Special occasionBpsmanDined on 10/25/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary. We were welcomed and recognized for the occasion and we were seated at a beautiful table with a view. We are now looking forward to another visit in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. We got to sit in the patio outside with a view of the beach which was the cherry on top! Would definitely go back if I visit area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/24/2014fabulous as always and we come here on a regular basis. Food is consistent and service is great. We love the open air porch with the windows open and ocean breeze blowing in. Always a romantic place to have dinner.Special Features:
- Good foodlovetwoeatDined on 10/24/2014Good food, good view, medium expensive unless you go to the early bird.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.