Sea Watch Restaurant
6002 North Ocean Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Sea Watch Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seawatchontheocean.com/
- Phone: (954) 781-2200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner Daily 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, International
- Executive Chef: Darryl Shuford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Wine Down Wednesdays - 50% Off Every Bottle of Wine - ALL DAY!
A word from Sea Watch Restaurant
Sea Watch On The Ocean located on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean in Fort Lauderdale is perfect for any occasion. Whether it's business, pleasure, or any other special event we offer private dining rooms, an enclosed patio or our main dining room, all with beautiful water views to maximize your dining experience. Operating for over 39 years our menu selections range from a wide variety of the finest seafood and steaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sea Watch Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Sea Watch Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
310 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (254)special occasion (184)romantic (136)neighborhood gem (106)good for groups (106)great for outdoor dining (100)fit for foodies (97)great for lunch (84)notable wine list (50)great for brunch (37)kid-friendly (29)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (17)Show More
- Outstanding restaurantBocadiners2Dined on 10/22/2014It was my birthday and it could not have been more special. We had reservations and got seated promptly at a lovely table with a water view. Both my husband's and my meal were excellent. He had the boulabaise and I had the seafood paella. They both were chock full of excellent seafood that was cooked to perfection. We will definitely come back. We had an excellent and enthusiastic waitress that made sure everything was timed and served correctly.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant!MarieEpiDined on 10/19/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. The fish and Prime Rib were cooked perfectly. The view was excellent and our Server was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Offended and DisappointedBreakingBreadDined on 10/19/2014I have been going to Sea Watch for 7 years, and each visit is more and more disappointing. The quality of the food and the quality of the service continues to decline, while the price of the food sky-rockets. Though the ocean view is beautiful, the condescending nature of the manager and even some of the guests completely destroys the mood. During our last visit, a man at the table next to us was so patronizing towards the waitress that we felt physically uncomfortable, and could not wait to leave. Negative environment, mediocre food, mediocre service. We will not be dining at Sea Watch again, nor will we be recommending it to others.
- We love Sea WatchMartinDined on 10/18/2014I have been to Sea Watch several times, years ago. I am remarried and my new husband has never been. I suggested going and we asked for seat near the water. It was absolutely beautiful. We ordered the meal that you received between 5 to 6 pm. We went to the bar, until they called us,which was quite quickly. Everyone working there was just wonderlful. The barmaid and bartender were just great. Our waitress who is the one that was from Europe, I believe Lavania. She was just wonderful. We wanted to compliment her, but the manager was quite busy. We were very happy with everything at Sea Watch. We definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experienceisa29Dined on 10/18/2014Between 5:00 and 6:00 early birds special $21.95 from Mid-May to December the 24th, (soup or greens + nice choice of entrees - lobster, mahi mahi, catch of the day + dessert - their homemade key lime pie is very good!!!) For a nice view of the ocean, ask to be seated on the deck. Bring a sweater, can be a little windy. Very nice place and the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10/17/reviewBiliJanDined on 10/17/2014Very enjoyable evning. Everyone was helpful. Food was great. Piece of Dolphin could have been larger but other than that a great visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysJudiVIPDined on 10/15/2014We have been here many times and have never been disappointed in the quality of the food or the service. Went there a week ago as well for a 3 year old's birthday and they were so sweet to her. The food and service was excellent that time too.Special Features:
- 2germansDined on 10/15/2014For many years now we come to Sea Watch Restaurant every year several times. We love this place with excellent food, very good service and the unique ambiance. Next year we shall come back, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2014Very nice setting and have made some good upgrades to decor. Food for the most part lackluster. I have been there a number of times and the food did not live up to my prior experienced. My first clue should have been when the food came out 5 minutes after we ordered it. Would return for the view and a drink at the bar, but not for dinner.Special Features:
- Date nightFoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014What a wonderful evening. Food, service all great. I love when you order your appetizers and you wait just long enough to anticipate the entrees arriving. Our waitress timing was perfect . We will definitely be returning .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major disappointmentHappyhrDined on 10/11/2014Have been going here for years. I have seen a decline in both service and quality of food. Had a reservation and went upstairs outside for a drink before dinner. 10 minutes before anyone approached then 15 more to get the drinks. They were incorrect. Dinner was a major disappointment Salad drippy and wilted. The African lobster tails stuffed with crabmeat OFF THE MENU NOW. Never refilled water or tea. Service equivalent to a chain restaurant Will never be returning. SadlySpecial Features:
- 2014birthdaycelebrationDined on 10/11/2014We had a wonderful experience along with great food when we dined Saturday night. Server was attentive and service was excellent. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very Nice RestaurantJAG84COM1Dined on 10/11/2014If a view is your thing you cannot beat it direct oceanfront view.... I was with in-laws and some older relatives we got there early and had the prixe fixe dinner... Not sure if it was because it was a pre-fixe dinner but the portion was pretty small.... The quality of the food was excellent.... Service was good and we we're seated immediately.... Good experienceSpecial Features:
- steve4aliceDined on 10/11/2014Food was delicious. Price was great. Service was wonderful. View was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMaureenDined on 10/11/2014A group of us met at Sea Watch for lunch. The food was great and the view outstanding! Our server could nor have been more helpful. This is a great place to choose for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing!SunshineInTampaDined on 10/11/2014Friendly from the moment we walked in. Very organized. View was spectacular. Food selection was great. Service was excellent "David"(& trainee). Lunch was the meal. Food ordered was cold avocado soup, lobster bisque, & house salad.Special Features:
- OutstandingGingVIPDined on 10/9/2014Sea Watch is in such a beautiful location and the food is consistently oustanding. Robin is an excellent server with a positive attiitude who seems to enjoy her work - ask for her for a truly memorable experience. We look forward to returning!Special Features:
- bring back the stuffed lobstertryagainDined on 10/8/2014i CAN'T BELIEVE YOU REMOVED THE STUFFED LOBSTER TAILS THEY WERE EXCELLENT. ALSO WHEN I TRIED TO REPLACE THE STUFFED LOBSTER TAILS WITH PRIME RIB WHICH I LIKE MED RARE I WAS TOLD ONLY MED NO PINK. HAVE BEEN COMMING HERE FOR YEARS. SO THE FOOD IT WAS DISAPOINTING. SERVICE EXCELLENT AS USUAL. THE FOOD NOT SO GOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantSpunkyDined on 10/6/2014Me and my girlfriend went there for out 65th birthday and it was excellent , great view , great Service. You can walk out on the beach , a romantic dinner !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant on the Oceancarolk1020Dined on 10/4/2014The Seawatch has been around forever, I think I have been going there that long. It is a bit hidden from the road but WOW is all I can say. The food is ALWAYS FANTASTIC. You can't beat the view from almost all tables you can see the ocean. We don't have many restaurants on the ocean like that so it is a special treat, even for us who live here all year round. We even had our daughters baptism brunch there 18 years ago and most recently our 25th wedding anniversary with family and friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I had not been to the Sea Watch for several years, and probably never will go again, agreed with by the three other at our table. The place was incredibly noisy, to ther point that we were unable to hear each other, the chairs were so uncomfortable, one had to ask for a cushion. The menu has changed dramatically. A la carte is something I do not approve of, and the prices are out of sight. We chose Sea Watch for the ocean view, which we did not get. A table of 8 near us were so noisy it was, it was annoying.
- excellantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014we had awonderfull dinner servive was great and food was betterSpecial Features:
- MagnificientShatochatoVIPDined on 10/3/2014Beautiful scenic setting with great food, service and just a relaxed setting.Special Features:
- There's the Ocean!MiamiMartyDined on 10/3/2014Always a pleasant experience. Outside on the porch is never too hot to enjoy. The view, looking at the ocean, is not found many places. Good to be there in the daytime. Frozen Margarita is a must. Food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDSHIRLEYVIPDined on 10/2/2014We have always made Sea Watch the first restaurant we visit when we arrive in FT Lauderdale and we have always been thrilled with our visit. This time we were terribly disappointed. The menu, which had been a treasure, had changed to something less than wonderful. Our mouths had been watering for the roasted chicken and pancetta salad and for the filet mignon on that grilling dish---what we ended up having, after searching real hard for something to eat on that menu, was a grizzly prime rib(definitly NOT prime) and some dried out grilled shrimp(my napkin was jucier)!!!! We were not happy!!! I really don't know if we will return.Special Features:
- Very enjoyablebetteDined on 9/30/2014First time at this restaurant. Food was excellent. Lovely view. Very good serviceSpecial Features:
- Disappointed with dining experienceVisitorDined on 9/29/2014We were recommended to visit SeaWatch it was our first time dining there. In a nutshell we were not made welcome and did not feel valued, our waiter was totally uninterested in us and atmosphere was very much lacking. The Paella did not taste very fresh considering it was a speciality dish. Starters were ok calamari and conch fritters. It was a Monday night so maybe it would be a better atmosphere on a Saturday but that wouldn't have mattered so much to us if the staff had been more friendly and attentive. When we left even the girls at the desk did not thank us and say goodbye. Poor customer service.Special Features:
- BellaDined on 9/29/2014Sea Watch never disappoints. From the bread to the Key Lime Pie the food is wonderful. And how can you beat watching the surf?Special Features:
- Phoenix risingbuddhaboi2Dined on 9/27/2014From the ashes, Sea Watch has been reborn. During season, forget it. Long lines, crowded, noisy, filled with commandos from surrounding condos. But after re-visiting a third time after avoiding it like the plague for years, they have re-claimed their place as a local favorite. Seafood was imaginatively prepared (not drenched in faux-cheese sauce and drowned like ten years ago). Service was attentive, salads reasonably priced and delicious. ( I mention only because the Fresh Greens salad came with artichokes, gouda, kalamata olives, candied walnuts, the aforementioned greens and more.. for just $4!) Grouper was fabulous, Mahi spicy as promised and grilled veggies perfectly done. Private beach and great view. Try it again for the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Pros:This resturant was amazing with a view to die for. Service was fast and friendly. Cons:Unfortunately the food wasn't tasty.Special Features:
- SPECTACULARluvstoeatDined on 9/27/2014Everything was perfect! CELEBRATING my birthday, the paella was great and also the boullabaise. Dessert was yummy!Special Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was only our 3rd time dinning and it was great. Food was great! It was actually the first time we can ever recall that when told the plate was hot, it was. It good to see that a land mark still exists with great service. Our waiter, Terry, was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delrayduoDined on 9/27/2014We had a an extremely enjoyable meal, great service, a nice balanced menu.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Loved this place. Went w/ my husband just to have dinner and we had an amazing time and the food was fabulousSpecial Features:
- very good food and nice place to bevacationDined on 9/26/2014good food and nice place to have dinner with familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary DinnerkenkatDined on 9/26/2014We had the Sunset Menu. I had the Mahi Mahi, my wife had the Lobster. The New England Clam Chowder was delicious. Dinner was perfect! Everything was perfect until we went upstairs. Once I asked if I could just hang out a bit, we were never asked if we wanted anything again. although the view is spectacular, the service lacked somewhat. will definitely be back. My wife always has the Lobster but said she would like to try the Prime Rib. Overall, a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Excellent dining.gwtravelersDined on 9/24/2014You have to have Dinner at Dusk, great selection of dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant on Ocean Blvd!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014We stumbled upon this hidden gem at the recommendation of other tourists. So glad we took their advice. The 5pm-6pm dinner menu is an amazing value! The ambiance was wonderful both inside and out. We were seated immediately, the wait staff was attentive and friendly and the food was awesome. We sat out on the deck with a wonderful view of the beach. My only regret was that it was the last night of our vacation and we only ate there once.Special Features:
- Excellent Early Dinnerdetroit1051Dined on 9/24/2014Sea Watch has an excellent Dinner at Dusk before 6 PM. We sat outside (on the porch) with ocean breezes and beautiful view of ocean. Great value, food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Hostess - CrabccurDined on 9/24/2014The lunch was great, the hostess sitting us was very unfriendly. A delay in seating at 11:30 but she made no attempt to be nice to anyone.Special Features: