Sea Watch Restaurant
6002 North Ocean Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Sea Watch Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seawatchontheocean.com/
- Phone: 9547812200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner Daily 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, International
- Executive Chef: Darryl Shuford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Wine Down Wednesdays - 50% Off Every Bottle of Wine - ALL DAY!
A word from Sea Watch Restaurant
Sea Watch On The Ocean located on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean in Fort Lauderdale is perfect for any occasion. Whether it's business, pleasure, or any other special event we offer private dining rooms, an enclosed patio or our main dining room, all with beautiful water views to maximize your dining experience. Operating for over 39 years our menu selections range from a wide variety of the finest seafood and steaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sea Watch Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Sea Watch Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
323 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (276)special occasion (195)romantic (143)neighborhood gem (110)great for outdoor dining (110)great for lunch (97)good for groups (96)fit for foodies (73)notable wine list (54)great for brunch (42)kid-friendly (32)hot spot (27)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (16)Show More
- Amazing view, great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014The restaurant has it all- amazing view, great seafood and service. We arrived with reservation and were seated promptly. We sat on the outside covered deck, that had an amazing beach view. Our waitress greeted us, provided us menus and took our drink orders- a great start. We ordered the conch fritters, which were tasty. The New England clam chowder was delicious. I had the catch of the day, which was an orange roughy prepared with a dill sauce- very good. The crab tostada had nice pieces of crab. The must have desert is key lime pie. The service was impeccable- Katherine was attentive to our requests and checked back to make sure that all our needs were meet. Overall, a great place to dine with family and friends.Special Features:
- Delicious time was had!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014A group of us went for a birthday and had a wonderful time. The food was great as always as We frequent this restaurant. The staff were polite and very knowledgeable in what the kitchen was serving. Their wine list is extensive and not expensive.Special Features:
- A romantic place for any bodyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2014Upon entering we were greeted as they wanted us there it was our 25th Anniversary so we were there for a late lunch. Seating was a great choice of upstairs either outside or inside with an upstairs bar and lounge. or downstairs also inside or outside also with a bar. Very large wine list and great luncheon menu also a fantastic sunset menu from 5pm to 6pm. Food itself was large enough portions to feel you need to walk off your meal with a walk along the beach which is right there.Special Features:
- OceanridgeoceanridgeDined on 9/16/2014The Sea Watch is an excellent restaurant and always gives us a fabulous dining experience. We always enjoy a cocktail in the Crow's Nest located upstairs and out in the open. A superb drink followed by an even better dinner. The Sea Watch is our choice for Special Occasions in South Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Meal was excellent and so was the service; our server was attentive but not smothering. This restaurant has lots of tables with a great view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunchInternationaltravellerDined on 9/14/2014Having eaten at the Sea Watch several times and enjoyed every meal, this occasion was no different, everything was perfect, service excellent and food delicious, especially the Key Lime Pie, a first time for us. Forty years in business we understand, not so surprising when everything is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable: Great Food & Service!BobnJoDined on 9/13/2014We enjoy the Sea Watch restaurant for many years now; and the experience if always reliable - good food and excellent service!Special Features:
- BeautifulViewsMercifulLoveDined on 9/13/2014Ambiance was very nice, as was the service. However, the dishes my friend and I ordered were just ok. They weren't bad...but they weren't great either. I had a pasta dish with goat cheese, tomato and shrimp. And my friend had the lobster tail and steak. We also ordered 2 appetizers...the calamari and the crab cake. I calamari was very good, the crab cake so so. We did not order dessert.Special Features:
- Bad all around - going down hill..upnadamDined on 9/13/2014Overpriced for what we received. 2 apps, 2 glasses of wine and 2 main courses - $95 plus tip. You would think the food would have been cooked as order, wait hot for that matter too! The service was slow and the server kept forgetting things we ordered. Had to ask for water refills -and then ice for the warm tap water that was served. We had reservations and had to wait 30 minutes due to the table not being ready - as we walked to our table there were a lot of open tables - We have eaten there numerous times, but it seems that they are going down hill - the host desk was 'operated' by 4 untrained and unskilled girls that were too confused about what they were suppose to do - not a good first impression
- Nice dinning area and good food.12345678Dined on 9/13/2014Really enjoy the atmosphere. The nice view of the ocean and the good food. Been here a few times and always enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/12/2014Great view of the beach with dinner! Food and service were great!Special Features:
- Outstandingwss25Dined on 9/10/2014We were fortunate to arrive on Wed when wine was 1/2 price and we had a waitress who had been with the restaurant for over 30 years. Recommend stick with seafood on the specials for the night - cannot go wrong with any entry. Music selection for background and view of the ocean included at no extra charge. This was truly the best. Have been told that during the season in South Florida, they cannot do the same quality as we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ESsenDined on 9/10/2014Excellent price fixed dinner menu offered every day. The crabmeat served on the grouper did not taste or look like crabmeat. It was firm and slightly chewy. Service was good, scenery lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drknochdrknochDined on 9/10/2014what can I say! Great place for the food, wine and the view! Have been coming here for years, and we have never once been disappointed.Special Features:
- One of my FavoritestomandrozDined on 9/10/2014The view, the food, the service, all very special. We visit Fort Lauderdale about twice per year. We rarely miss an opportunity to have a meal at Sea Watch. The regular menu is sumptuous. We often take advantage of Dining at Dusk. The view is always great but the late afteroon/early evening views are very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Fried calamari just right-crisp and light. Salad scrumptious. Blackened dolphin(mahi-mahi) tender and opaque perfect. They have been doing this right for several decades. And I didn't have to turn may vehicle over to a valet parker.5 starsSpecial Features:
- JeffDined on 9/7/2014Fantastic place for everything, from a major party to just becauseSpecial Features:
- Not what it used to beBhappyDined on 9/6/2014We went to the Sea Watch to celebrate my sister's birthday. We requested a tabe overlooking the ocean and were stuck in the back room with a table, which if you craned your neck, you could see a slice of the ocean. Our table was also next to a door leading outside so everytime someone went out or came in, we were engulfed in hot air. The food was not great, the service was lacking and the only saving grace was the wine and the dessert (which the waiter could have t least put a candle on). We are year round residents and had always enjoyed the Seawatch as a special restaurant to go to. We wanted an evning of ambiance and good food and got neither. We will not be back :(
- SpiritDined on 9/6/2014Service person was beyond EXCELLENT...............Special Features:
- ExcellentExcellentVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had a group of 11 celebrating our mom's 90th Birthday - service, food, view - everything was excellent. Everyone was happy - which say a lot.Special Features:
- Great food and surroundings.Chilip33Dined on 9/5/2014Visiting from PA for our annual week of getaway. We celebrate our anniversary together at a special place at the end of visit to South Florida. SeaWatch exceeded our expectations and was as good or better than our previous ventures into fine dining thereSpecial Features:
- SuperbStellaDined on 9/5/2014The service was wonderful, the outstanding, the view magnificent!Special Features:
- Glad we took the timeLSULLIVANDined on 9/5/2014We live so close to the Sea Watch and finally took the time to dine with them. Beautiful view of the Atlantic; service was great. Would recommend visiting them for dinner.Special Features:
- OutstandingGingVIPDined on 9/2/2014The food and service [please ask for Robin] are consistently outstanding. The view is great of the sand dunes and the ocean. Sea Watch is a definite must for anyone!Special Features:
- Love Sea WatchAlanr762Dined on 8/31/2014Our third time at Sea Watch and we love it. Food is great, ocean view is amazing. Perfect for date nights.Special Features:
- Alawya a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Scenery cannot be beat. Food is and has always been very very good. Cannot speak for all the servers, mine was fine, BUT, when at the Seawatc I expect a certain level of attentiveness that just was a bit lacking. Still and all, if you want excellent Seafod with a great view on the beach, great place to go.Special Features:
- A great Sunday lunchDavidSDined on 8/31/2014Sea view, open windows with breeze blowing. Outside 91, inside at the table it was so nice The food was delicious - we loved the fish- and the service was great ( such a delightful server) An amazing relaxed lunch with friends with a beautiful viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cocktail reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We had pomegranate martini and it was terrible. It showed up within 5 minutes after ordering it which proved it was not fresh. It tasted prepared with no natural ingredients.Special Features:
- Nice experienceJulioDined on 8/30/2014Food was good service was good and ambiance was good. That is all you need.Special Features:
- Thank You!PBdinerDined on 8/30/2014What a wonderful experience. A friend suggested your restaurant to us for our get-away weekend. From the moment we walked in the door the Management and Staff made us feel special. Exceptional view, terrific food and an overall wonderful evening. There were a number of large parties celebrating occasions and everyone was still made to feel special and appreciated... a rare find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT & DELICIOUSAnnaMoDined on 8/30/2014Everything in this Restaurant is absolutely Great. The Food was excellent, The Bar upstairs is a Gorgeous place with beautiful ocean views. A Special Place!!!Special Features:
- Food and Service Just okayPianoladyDined on 8/30/2014We frequent this restaurant for the seafood and views. Unfortunately, the service was not great, maybe not enough wait staff on at the time! We were a bit disappointed this time.Special Features:
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Went for a birthday meal.....excellent choices on dinner at dusk...service was excellent and extremely friendly, had another great time at SeawatchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sea watch again and againSeaWatchLoverDined on 8/28/2014I have been to Sea Watch numerous times; mostly for lunch...the food is always good, couldn't ask for better service, and of course the view is great. have never had a bad experience here. Had my daughter's wedding and her baby shower there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best seafood in Fort LauderdaleGreatTheStakeDined on 8/25/2014Well i had a great time i enjoyed their seafood so much that i will go back tomorrow! The place is beautiful and te service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !JoecarzDined on 8/23/2014Very nice presentation, great atmosphere, very good service and a great menu.Special Features:
- Seafood with a viewlike2eatoutDined on 8/23/2014Moderately price seafood plus. The paella is always delicious. The ocean view can't be beatSpecial Features:
- Only fairEnormaDined on 8/23/2014we had been at Sea Watch a few years ago and enjoyed it very much. we were disappointed this time. we found the portions to be very small and not notably tasty, especially considering the higher than average prices. We had no complaints about the service or ambiance.
- loved it.leannacooksDined on 8/23/2014Stellar meal from start to finish!!! we had great service, the appetizers were great the entrees were great and dessert was fabulous! We completely cleaned our plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justaguyDined on 8/22/2014Food was OK, not great, drinks were expensive, but the overall evening and experience was goodSpecial Features: