100 Ocean View Ave.
Pismo Beach, CA 93449Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://seaventurerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8057733463x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Casey Walcott
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music every Wednesday Night from 6-9 pm
Soak Up the Sun- Sundays on the Deck- Live Music 3-6 pm
- Special Events: The SeaVenture Restaurant provides full service catering and space for 20-200 guests. Each space provides floor to ceiling sliding glass doors and windows for sweeping views of the Pacific. Our private and semi private banquet rooms offer intimate areas for wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, anniversary parties, brunches, baby showers and more. We also host meetings, corporate events, workshops and seminars in a location sure to refresh your staff or impress your clients. SeaVenture staff will work personally with you to create the custom event you envision.
A word from Sea Venture
SeaVenture Restaurant located on the beach in California's Central Coast wine country, the third floor Restaurant allows you to take in breathtaking sunsets and panoramic beach and ocean views from large picture windows and outdoor decks. Chef Casey Walcott's contemporary coastal cuisine is inspired by the surrounding local wine country. Our seasonal menu is prepared with locally farmed vegetables, premium pork and beef and the highest quality fish and seafood. All desserts are made in house from scratch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sea Venture - Best Restaurants in Pismo Beach ›
Sea Venture reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (40)special occasion (22)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (12)fit for foodies (8)hot spot (5)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- sea venturebites2Dined on 8/19/2014Great place for seafood. Will return, one of my favorite placesSpecial Features:
- Was sceptic all of reviewsNipomoMomDined on 8/15/2014Went to dinner here Friday night, after reading some reviews I almost changed my mind. So glad we didn't, it was all really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful biewsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/13/2014We had a lovely dinner at Sea Venture. The Bacon Wrapped Scallops appetizer was excellent. I also had the Shrimp Chopped Salad. It wasn't anything extraordinary but it was tasty and fresh. My husband had the Sea Venture, a cioppino type entree, that had lots of seafood and a delicious broth. Even the basket of bread was yummy. Our server was very efficient and friendly. We had an early dinner and the bar area started to fill up and get a little noisy by the time we left. A jazz band had started to play and they sounded pretty good. Beautiful oceanfront views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second timebites2Dined on 7/31/2014The special was excellent: Alaskan ability over a party pan stuffed squash. My wife had the scallop and shrimp. It was also excellent but was a bit lukewarm. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice seafood dininqbites2Dined on 7/24/2014Enjoyed the sea bass dinner special. Great dish. Loved the beach view. Great service. Our server was very attentive to our table. Too full from the entree. Will have to return just for the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, below average food.SLOFoodieDined on 7/15/2014Service was awesome from start to finish. But the food was not good or presented well. I will only return to The Sea Venture for a drink and view.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!JeffDined on 7/12/2014This jem was fantastic from the food to the service. Highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad night??5starsDined on 7/12/2014We were looking forward to a romantic evening with good food. And then there was the wedding- it was loud and spilled over to the dinning room. Some of the wedding guests were drunk at the bar shouting into the wedding. I ordered the signature dish and it was just so so and there was sand in the mussels. (Ick) The wine was the best part of the meal. The brussel sprout and kale salad could have been good but the brussel sprouts were charred not roasted. My husband had the prime rib and said it was okay. Maybe the wedding overwhelmed the kitchen. Our server was nice. However, we will not go back, there are plenty of other options with a view AND good food in the area.Special Features:
- Great foodRoseDined on 7/1/2014Had a wonderful time everyone was very friendly and helpful great view of the Ocean. Very romantic atmosphereSpecial Features:
- A nice locationDaveVIPDined on 6/23/2014We enjoyed our stay, with a great view of the ocean, wonderful sunset dinning experience, and a friendly staff. The room had a fireplace, and we were welcomed with a bottle of wine. For mid-June, we were surprised by the number of whales that entertained us during dinner. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We pass this way several times a year, and will add this hotel to our trips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD WHILE WATCHING WHALESShabbishubaVIPDined on 6/18/2014The view from this restaurant is great and we were able to watch whales in the ocean off the beach as we ate. Perfect setting and food was very good as well.Special Features:
- Love it!FivecitiesdinerDined on 6/15/2014Great food, wonderful service( best restaraunt manager) beautiful viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food - very slow servicehydrationprincessDined on 6/13/2014Took my in laws for early Father's Day dinner. It was 1 hour and 15 minutes from when we sat down until we got our meals. We did not order appetizers or salads, just entree's. Our server disappeared for long periods of time and hardly checked back. We frequent the Sea Venture quite often, as we are local. But we usually sit at the bar and order appetizers there. I believe we will continue going to the bar and not eating in the dining room. We were embarrassed about the slow service on this last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef needs trainingBuffDined on 6/8/2014Sea bass special of night was under cooked and no flavor then chef covered it with dominating orange sauce. Wrong fish for heavy sauce. Staff accommodating and brought grille plain fish. Experience ruined eveningSpecial Features:
- TimFridaynitersDined on 6/5/2014Four of us went here for a double Anniversary dinner. The atmosphere was excellent the whales and dolphins were very cooperating. Service great also. We all ordered different selections and found them excellent. Highly recommend this place. Drinks were great to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JkatDined on 5/30/2014There was a hair in the butter. The food choices were not the best and taste not great. I overpaid for below average food.Special Features:
- Times are differentIdoLVIPDined on 5/29/2014The restaurant reflects the state of the hotel! It is past the times and a lot has to be done. No we will not be coming back!Special Features:
- Love this place.miniholly77Dined on 5/26/2014This is our go-to restaurant when in Pismo and celebrating something special - whether it be our honeymoon, anniversary or in this case, our babymoon! The food is terrific and the view is breathtaking at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gréât restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Very Nice vien d'or à Nice donner. Good professionnel service and good food. But it was'nt quiet bécause à singer this nyght....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFoodieDined on 5/18/2014My husband and I were looking for something extra special for 'date night'. We were both in the mood for seafood and a great ambience....and boy did we get both! Being a foodie, it takes a lot to wow me. We each got something different and shared our dinners. Both dishes were outstanding. Our waiter was fantastic also.....very friendly and courteous and a great sense of humour! Overall a wonderful experience at a great price. We'll definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and FoodpK117Dined on 5/17/2014My wife and I chose Seaventure for our anniversary dinner. We requested a window front table through OpenTable and everything worked out fine. Chris, our waiter, was outstanding, polite, witty and very helpful. We chose the filet mignon which was superb. While the restaurant is not cheap, it seems to be reasonably priced for the quality of food and service and, of course, the location. We got there at 7:30pm and were able to watch the sunset right from out table. I would say that this restaurant is definitely underrated on yelp. There was a wedding reception going on at the time, but the noise was not too bad as the bar area is kind of set back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time for sure!imcpayneDined on 5/16/2014Took my gf here for our 1 year anniversary and had a fabulous time. We were seated in a window seat looking out at the water, watching dolphins and the sunset; it couldn't have been more perfect! The food was great, I had a halibut special and she had the shrimp/scallops. Great service as well...I'll definitely come back.Special Features:
- Good but not fantasticcaththebratDined on 5/14/2014The food was good tasting yet nothing fancy. try the bloody mary, it is worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014We three were seated promptly at 5:30 per reservation. Night special was sea bass which I ordered. It was dry and luke--warm. Others had the pork chop (large and good) and sirloin steak (large and well cooked). Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014As soon as you walk in restaurant has an overwhelmingly strong fishy smell almost a deterrent. However the view is extremely hard to beat. Restaurant itself in need of some modernization. Service is exceptional and cater well to the guest. Kitchen is slow and took 45 min after we ordered to get our food. Pan seared veggies where burnt but we're replaced easily and quickly. Have a good selection of local wines and have a trio sampler option called a flight for only ten dollars a really good value. Would recommend at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSaraDined on 5/11/2014I live in San Diego visiting my mom and was looking forward to treating her to lunch for Mother's Day because we had been here before and really enjoyed the food and service. Our reservation was at 1pm so it wasn't too busy. We were seated right away but we waited what felt like 10 minutes before our server offered us mimosas. Meanwhile the big group that was seated after us got served immediately. After a while I also noticed that all the moms were getting flowers but for some reason my mom did not get one. The buffet food was cold...the regular menu is much better. I was paying a lot to make my mom feel special but the experience did not meet my expectations. I love the view but unfortunately I don't think we'll be back.Special Features:
- The following 195 reviews are from the Sea Venture reviews archive.
- Almost perfectwant2eat2muchDined on 4/27/2014Celebrating our anniversary dining here was almost perfect. The waiter was first class, food was delicious. My wife's steak was a bit overcooked and was promptly replaced. We were offered a complimentary bowl of soup, salad or something while waiting the extra few minutes. Nice touch. Waiter and staff was attentive but not enough to be annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeaVenturelostlalaDined on 4/18/2014great view, great service, thank you parker, honored reservation and request for ocean view. thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Birthday DinnerBeckerWDined on 4/3/2014Had a lovely ocean view table at sunset. The food was very good and the service was great. All I had hoped for! Will plan to visit again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude guestOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/1/2014One diner was loudly 'dropping F-Bombs' and the management did nothing about it. When they were finally forced to intervene they pandered to the patron. Very poorly played. We will never be back.Special Features:
- Great timeCoachDined on 3/29/2014This was a great find at the last minute. The service was great by everyone. I am glad I went their.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We made a dinner reservationLorriCDined on 3/28/2014We made a dinner reservation for our Anniversary. We were seated as soon as we walked in. We ordered the couples steak and lobster. It was great! We asked for a table with a nice view, which we got. We were able to watch the sun set. Very nice! The waiter was nice could have been a little more attentive. We were presented with a complimentary dessert to share. Over all it was a pleasant experience. I would recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- It's truly a neighborhood gem!OTfunVIPDined on 3/27/2014This was the 2nd night in a row eating here. Wish we could go tonight too!Special Features:
- Always wonderful food and serviceOTfunVIPDined on 3/26/2014It was so good that we decided to eat there two nights in a row. First night was with adults only, second as family night with our kiddos.Special Features:
- Thanks Sea Venture!SyrahGirlVIPDined on 3/25/2014We had dinner here twice and each time our service was attentive and the food was excellent. Very accomodating staff and pretty views of the ocean from the dining room also. One of our favorites in the Pismo area! :)Special Features:
- A nice surprise. Great views.PSPdinningVIPDined on 3/25/2014A nice surprise. Great views. Excellent food and outstanding service. Ashley and Chelsea did a great job and worked together like a precision machine. Yes the decor is dated but if it were remodeled their prices would be twice as much and I like funky dated places. I am more concerned about the food and service... and u can't beat the ocean views! Great find!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerdacvsacDined on 3/23/2014Well presented plates. Good service. We went on a Sunday night, so it was not very crowded. Beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and lovely viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014we enjoyed delicious healthy food and the spectacular view at sunset, there was no waiting we walked in at our reservation time and our table right by the window was ready immediatelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Anniversary DinnerShelladyDined on 3/20/2014My husband and I are locals, but had never been to the Sea Venture. The view of the beach and ocean were beautiful. We could not have had a better view. Although we dined inside, there was ample room to dine outside. My husband and I shared a dinner for two consisting of lobster and a filet. The lobster was excellent and the filet was good. Wait staff very attentive and service was great. It is an older establishment, but perfect for our liking. I don't mind eating at a restaurant that could use a little updating if it is clean and the food and service is good. I think kids would like it as long as they don't have the " let me run all over the place" type of manners. I will definitely go back and take friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014The food was amazing, but it was ruined with bad service and outdated decor. Our server rarely paid attention to us, and other patrons who came in after us were actually eating their meals before ours arrived. Other than that, it was really nice.Special Features: