Sea Shore Restaurant & Marina
591 City Island Avenue
Bronx, NY 10464Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Sea Shore Restaurant & Marina
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://seashorerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7188850300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 11:30am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Sea Shore Restaurant offers full service customized catering. Let us help you create a lavish theme event, Bridal party, Wedding or a simple birthday celebration. Large parties of 100 to 250 are welcome. Your expertly catered event is certain to be a roaring success.
- Private Party Contact: John Arminio 7188850300
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday Night in our beautiful lounge. Plenty of comfortable seating with a warm fireplace atmosphere. All types of music Jazz , Pop, Rock. American standards.
- Cross Street: Kilroe Street
- Public Transit: From Manhattan: Take Triboro, now (Robert F Kennedy Bridge) to Buckner Expressway (I-95) North to Exit 8-B. Connecticut: I-95 South to exit 8-B, City Island/Orchard Beach. Queens or Brooklyn: Whitestone or Throgs Neck Bridge to I-95 North, exit at 8-B, City Island/Orchard Beach. SUBWAY: Lexington Ave, 6-train to last stop, transfer to B-29.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer Free Valet Parking seven days a week.
A word from Sea Shore Restaurant & Marina
Enjoy our upscale comfortable seafaring settings. Savor our fresh seafood specialties, sushi bar, and exceptional wine list. An array of cocktails, mixed drinks and tropical frozen delights await you in our fabulous lounge and outdoor deck Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sea Shore Restaurant & Marina - Best Restaurants in Bronx ›
Sea Shore Restaurant & Marina reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (24)good for groups (22)special occasion (20)great for outdoor dining (18)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (12)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (9)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- FrankieDDined on 8/17/2014Good seating outside all food was not that hot could have been better.Special Features:
- Delicious food beautiful water viewBxeatingDined on 8/10/2014The restaurant has a very friendly staff, scenic views and over sized portions. There's great ambiance with water views of passing boats and passing sea life. The food was very good and our waiter was extremely friendly. We were a table of 10 and unfortunately waited 15 to 20 minutes before someone came over and gave us some wonderful warm bread and delicious condiments. We ordered our food and drinks about 15 minutes later and it came out quickly enough but one beverage order completely was missed. The waiter immediately came out with a slice of cake and candle when he was told we were celebrating a birthday . My parents have been patrons to the restaurant for twenty-five plus years and love it. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingUnderwhelmedDined on 8/9/2014The food was mediocre at best and priced too high for the lack of quality. The baby back ribs were dry and tasted stale. The fisherman's platter consisted of a soggy tasteless white fish (not sure what it was) overcome with soggier breadcrumbs, tough clams topped with soggy bread crumbs and mussels were the same. The only half way decent item on the plate was the shrimp and they were dry and rubbery as well as the little lobster tail! The best thing they have to offer is the cornbread!! and the service! Our waiter was very attentive. Unfortunately, I won't be returning to the Sea Shore.
- Great Atmosphere and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Seashore is great for getting together with friends and family, especially sitting on the outdoor deck. Serving staff is excellent and friendly. Love Seashore!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014My company and I enjoyed the Seashore very much, although we have noticed the prices have increased, like everywhere else it seems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant City Island eateryTheOldPerfessorDined on 7/12/2014We usually don't eat out on Saturday night, so we were happy when we could make 6:15 reservations to entertain my mother-in-law. We were horrified on seeing that traffic to City Island was backed up for a mile before the bridge, but parking was easy and courteous, and the rest of the evening was a treat. Plentiful and wonderful food for all of us, and attentive and pleasant service. Only disappointment was that they have switched to butter packets with the break. Otherwise, and A+ experience all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time at sea shore.storeDined on 7/6/2014food was great.service was great. great followup by waiter and staff. when you go, ask for waiter Keith.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea ShoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Great food and great ambiance. My guests and I sat on the deck. Very, very nice.Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014GREAT PLACE TO MEET FRIENDS AND SPEND A FEW HOURS EATING GREAT FOOD AND AND HAVING FUN WITH FRIENDS. GREAT SERVICE ALSOSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NikkiDined on 6/15/2014It was good wasn't digging ther pre-fix menu at all but overall it was good, they give you a lot of foodSpecial Features:
- Julie3boysDined on 6/15/2014Food was just- "ok". Nothing special. One dish was hated by one diner in our party. My risotto was mushy. My husbands scampi was full of excess butter. We were seated in full sun which was very hot. We asked twice to put on the overhead fans. They never did. Had to ask twice for a glass of wine. Wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- WaterbarDined on 5/30/2014Great Food and great service. Free parking and located on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on City IslandJajuanDined on 5/18/2014Out of all the Resturants I've been to on City Island this is the best. Perfect location since it is one of the first restaurants once you get on the island. Went on a Sunday around 6pm and was seated right away. Service was great at waitress consistently check on our table and also suggested the perfect sushi as it was our first time trying. All the seafood was fresh and flavorful which is a combination you might not get at other resturants. Scene was also as great as we were able to watch the sunset right off the water. This place is expensive but is worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Wonderful comfortable spot for dining---we've enjoyed both lunch and dinner here----both inside and outside dining----frozen drinks hit the spot ! Good food with a view and friendly wait-staff....we look forward to dining at SeaShore...Special Features:
- Fits the bill for the price!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014This is our "go-to" spot for seafood dinners in the city (Sorry, Red Lobster don't count!). The staff was fantastic from start to finish. Took my mom and girlfriend for a late mother's day dinner. They practically ran out of superlatives about the place. The manager should be very proud of the staff. They really go out of their way to ensure that your dining experience is satisfactory. Consider me a loyal customer!Special Features:
- The following 54 reviews are from the Sea Shore Restaurant & Marina reviews archive.
- Not GoodnjdianaDined on 4/26/2014The seafood risotto was horrible, the appetizer platter had greasy food, the shrimp parmigiana with linguini was horrible, the sauce was too watery. Will probably not come here again. It seems to get worse every year.Special Features:
- Great food and nice placeNairodiningDined on 4/12/2014Great food and nice place for alot of food to eat.. seafood is very good. Steak is allright and my friends enjoyed their orders as well....Recommend for friends to attend there, too.Special Features:
- good experiencebirthdayDined on 4/11/2014It was a very nice setting the shrimp Alfredo could use some work but overall it was a pleasant dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in the city.BravDined on 4/11/2014I've been coming here for years. It's my go-to whenever I want seafood. The prices are great and the food is fantastic. Not too forget the portions - they're huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, Service was bad...KingSinghDined on 3/22/2014Went there with long time girlfriend to just try something other than the restaurants on the City Island strip... the waitress was amazing, Alyssa, very energetic and helpful. The service overall though wasn't good. It took 23-50 minutes just to get our appetizer out to the table, and the dinner came out soon after so it was all rushed and we were just no longer hungry. I am not too sure if I would go back there... I had reservations for 8pm via OpenTable and I was there at 7:55, was not seated until 8:30... what's the point of reservations?Special Features:
- AwesomeBooneyblackDined on 3/16/2014AWESOME IS WHAT I CAN SAY. I've been to this restaurant on many occasions down through the years and nothing has changed on how I feel and rate this restaurant. It's still the best seafood restaurant in all of City Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestBooneyblackDined on 2/22/2014As always, Seashore restaurant has proven to be the best seafood restaurant in all of City Island. The food and service is excellent, excellent excellent!!!!!Special Features:
- bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014I have been to this restaurant before and it was good that is why we returned. This time the seating was poor. the service was terrible. We had to constantly flag other waiters including ours for water and drinks. It took along time for service. Coffee arrived after dessert was eaten.
- Great MealFlorenceTDined on 2/21/2014We were meeting our friends and arrived early. We were seated near the windows to watch the gorgeous sunset with plenty of room for my husband's service dog (who was welcome as warmly as we were). Both our friends were delayed and our waiter was attentive but gave us all the time we needed. We had a leisurely dinner. The food was delicious with huge portions. Will gladly eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!ChewieDined on 1/26/2014Food was great and tasty and my daughter really enjoyed her crab legs but my wife was not to happy with the fish having bones in it but she really enjoyed her sushi appetizer. She wood like to go back soon.Special Features:
- Grea sea foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014We have been going to this restaurant for over 30 years. It is truly a great gastronomic experience in an environment that is warm and romantic. This is the placeto of for great sea food, good service and consistent cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is a winner evevn thefrankDined on 12/31/2013this is a winner evevn the valets were beyond niceSpecial Features:
- Don't botherLetinsDined on 10/26/2013Bar area smelled like stale beer & floors could have used a good scrubbing. The waiters were too busy watching a baseball game to check if we needed drinks or water re-fills. Some dishes were left sitting under heat lamps for a while as they came out with the sauces solidifying. Empty drink glasses left on the table for the entire meal. Not one dish had a "wow" factor as the menu is way too large for any one dish to be done properly. We thought we were going to a sea food restaurant but the menu could also be interpreted as Italian or Japanese.Special Features:
- BestHappyDinerDined on 10/25/2013Great Service, atmosphere, prices, portions, and friendliness and respect from the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- plesently surprisedOzzieDined on 10/12/2013After some research we found the Sea Shore Resterant which had over 200 items on there menu.. there's something for everyone. Great envioment for 2 or the whole familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diversified menusons29thbdayDined on 10/8/2013Excellent food and service. It was quite late for a Tuesday night and we were not rushed at all. Excellent start with a complimentary dish of peppers, olives, eggplant and chick peas. A warm loaf of Italian Bread and a large section of corn bread. Salad with many choices of dressings and baby shrimp included in the salad. The main course was plentiful and delicious. Great desserts as well. Be prepared to get what your pay for since it was a bit expensive. Have been there many times and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have dined at seashore withuzonduDined on 9/15/2013I have dined at seashore with family and friends on my graduation and liked it. I decided to go again this year thinking I would come out as satisfied as 2years ago. It was some wait to be valet parked. The service was acceptable. We had ordered T bone steak and sauteed Tuna on sesame. It happened that they were out on T bone so we changed to filet mignon; well done. The tuna was tasteless and the steak was served almost burnt and also without taste. The pina colada tasted watered down compared to what we usually had at Sammy's down d street. We just managed d food because our main purpose of going there was to celebrate iur wedding anniversary and spend some quiet time talking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great, staffateacher1Dined on 8/29/2013The food was great, staff very courteous, plenty of room between each table, and beautiful outdoor views. The prices were a bit high compared to other restaurants on the island but I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/24/2013Had a wonderful dining experience. The food was excellent. Great menu..nice atmosphere. RecommendSpecial Features:
- The classics (lobster) wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/18/2013The classics (lobster) were excellent. Stay away from the more complicated foods such as shrimp florentine. I loved the lobster fra diablo.Special Features:
- Our waiter Perry is the best!!JLYRHVIPDined on 8/17/2013Our waiter Perry is the best!! Great food, good portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013My mother's 89th birthday was a tremendous success! The food was plentiful, and delicious. The fried shrimp, and fish and chips were a gastronomical delight! Our waiter, Victor, was gracious, polite, and made sure all of our needs were met. We could not have asked for a more perfect celebration. The waterfront view was delightful, We were extremely pleased with the food, and service. Thank you for making it a memorable day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodCSTMRNDined on 8/16/2013I have always known that City Island sported incredible seafood in the Bronx. City Island is a hidden gem, and you should go if you have never been there. Sea Shore Restaurant had free valet parking (parking on City Island can be difficult). The food was quite good (I reserve 5 starts for the most exceptional experiences). We enjoyed ourselves, and you will, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafoodNiloDined on 8/16/2013We highly recommend Sea Shore to anyone seeking very fresh and well prepared seafood. The ambiance on the outside deck is highly appealing and perfect for a romantic dinner, especially on weekday afternoons/ evenings.Special Features:
- Dinner on the SoundjonggmomDined on 8/10/2013My husband and I grew up in the Bronx and always enjoyed going to the Sea Shore for special occasions. We have continued to do so with our own children. We recently went there for a multi-celebration dinner. The food was as good as it always has been. The standard bread and relish dishes were great. You could make a meal out of them. The salad could use a face-lift, but it was good. Our main courses contained huge shrimp, and my husband spent quite some time getting through his mixed seafood dish. The side dishes are generous portions. Sorry, no review for dessert. We were too full. I would recommend trying this restaurant for the first time, slightly off-season. Make sure to get a table with a view of the Sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.