Loews Don CeSar Hotel, 3400 Gulf Blvd.
3400 Gulf Blvd.
St. Pete Beach, FL 33706Neighborhood:
St. Pete Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sea Porch Restaurant at Loews Don CeSar Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Don-CeSar-Beach-Resort/dining/restaurants
- Phone: (727) 360-1884
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily for breakfast, lunch & dinner:
Sunday - Thursday: 7am-3pm & 5-10pm
Friday - Saturday: 7am-3pm & 5-11pm
Join us for Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Hunsberger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities:
The Sea Porch restaurant, located on the garden level of our beautiful resort, offers groups a casual setting and a variety of Florribean delights.
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, a semi-private dining area called “The Gatsby” can accommodate groups from 12-30 guests. A $500 rental fee is applicable for reserving The Gatsby and the required food and beverage minimum is $1,500 (prior to tax and service fee).
Please contact us for a copy of the menus, to check availability, or set up an appointment. The Sea Porch restaurant at the Loews Don CeSar Hotel offers the perfect setting for your next social or business event. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting your group.
- Entertainment: Join us for live music on the outside patio on Friday and Saturday evenings, featuring live acoustic contemporary "beach music" from 6pm to 9pm.
- Special Events: Join us for a Breakfast Buffet on Saturdays and Sundays from 7am to 11:00am.
Groups can enjoy the Gatsby private area with sliding doors, making it even more exclusive for functions up to 30 people.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
- Great Hotel Dinning1morefoodieVIPDined on 11/21/2014We ate here twice during our stay at the Don Cesar Beach House Suites, a dinner and a brunch, and both meals were very good. Great shrimp and grits, fall-off-the-fork tender short ribs, wonderful fish tacos. My only complaint is a less-than-stellar selection of wines by the glass (at those prices, the wine choices can definitely be improved upon). But overall, a very nice experience and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014Celebrated our anniversary on the porch and had a wonderful meal. Loved being outside on the porch rather than inside, even though there is no real sea (gulf) view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningAlyceVIPDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I had a very quiet and enjoyable diner. A happy surprise was the seghesio old vine zin on the menu - delicious.Special Features:
- very nice.ALoCiceroVIPDined on 10/17/2014Beautiful view, great local food. Nice wine list, great for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWBasiaBrian2012Dined on 10/11/2014Don Cesar makes you feel like your on a tropical island on vacation...so beautiful there. After brunch we took a walk on the SOFTEST white sand and dipped our feet in the bath warm water. It was so great to go back to the spot where we got married. Love this place!Special Features:
- Classy Location for BrunchkeithcVIPDined on 10/4/2014A beautiful hotel with a nice location for brunch, which was cheaper than ordering off the menu even if you only have 2 plates of food and a juice. The only drawback was that it was supposed to end at 1pm and at noon, the staff had already removed all the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio diningTroubleVIPDined on 9/8/2014Great food and waiter on patio with view of gulf. Perfect for 1st evening at St. Pete beach.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceLamoritaDined on 9/7/2014We were visiting Tampa and decided to come for dinner to Sea Porch, I have read the comments on the Open Table site before making the reservation and among the options it sounded great My friends and family were positively impressed with the place, the menu, the quality of the meal, the good wine and the outstanding service of Lynn. We enjoyed a lot, highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Sea PorchSterlingDined on 8/28/2014We always enjoy it here! Relaxed, usually quiet and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!drnycDined on 8/24/2014Really great and creative food with attentive service, in an elegant, lovely, and sophisticated setting, with gorgeous views of the water, all situated in the magnificent setting that is the 'Pink Palace' of the Hotel Don CeSar! Perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Out of 10 I give lowes Brunch a 6. Not impressed, the food was not what I expected from having Sunday Brunch on the fifth floor of the Don Cesar some years back.Special Features:
- Best Scallops EvermarketingwzVIPDined on 8/23/2014Never had such a savory and unusual pairing of food ever!Special Features:
- Sea PorchSterlingDined on 8/16/2014One of the best! ..................xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:
- Dinner at RumFish GrillBeachfunDined on 8/6/2014Wonderful atmosphere with the three fish tanks, service was excellent and most accomodating, food was delicious and desserts were mouth-watering! Will go again! Love the lighted menu and I heard each table will have an iPad to help identify all the fish. Fantastic idea!Special Features:
- Love this place!PrettyInPinkVIPDined on 8/2/2014We're local and frequent the Sea Porch for dinner after a day on St Pete Beach. The scallops are amazing and one of the best I've had in Tampa Bay. They are huge and cooked to perfection. We always sit outside and there is such a nice breeze in the evening even in the middle of the summer and lately they've had live music (acoustic guitar solo) on Saturday evenings. Also, the drinks at the lobby bar are amazing... the Strawberry Social is my favorite.Special Features:
- The following 163 reviews are from the Sea Porch Restaurant at Loews Don CeSar Hotel reviews archive.
- Great business lunchemariecjDined on 6/25/2014I took a supplier to lunch here to show him the property and also to show support for the account. It was a wonderful experience on the whole. The hostess (Sharon?) knew my name even before I checked in, and was extremely pleasant both on entering and exiting the restaurant. I let her know that I had been in contact with the F&B Director, and she made sure to tell him I was there. Our server, Alex, was excellent. Very attentive and knew the menu well. My guest and I both ordered the fish tacos, which were delicious. Just the right amount of spice! I will definitely return, as I was told they'll be doing some renovations soon to augment the already stellar location. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable with great food!ladydininglocalDined on 6/15/2014My husband and I ate brunch at the Sea Porch on Fathers Day. We enjoyed the variety and and many of the unique dishes. We especially enjoyed the fresh seafood. We would visit again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/10/2014For such a lovely location, the outside dining setting is not very well decorated. Someone should spend some time looking into what could be a lovely space.
- Sea PorchSterlingDined on 6/8/2014This is a 5 Star restaurant. Food and Service are always top quality. It is one of our favorite if not our favorite restaurant. It's usually quiet atmosphere allows us to relax while enjoying fine dining. We are always glad we came to the Sea Porch. We have only eaten inside, but the outside patio looks nice also. You just cannot go wrong here.Special Features:
- UglyGullableDined on 6/1/2014Awful place! Terrible rug, nasty chairs, one whole wall is made of what look like cheap shower enclosure doors. No plants, no nice lighting fixtures, no views of the sky or gulf, no design statement at all.Think of a banquet room in a cheap motel. Flat out Ugly. don't be fooled by image on web site as I was.
- Sea Porch - Don CesarieatoutalotDined on 5/31/2014Don't expect Gulf water views unless you eat at 4 or 5 of the outside tables with a view. You can see nothing from the inside. Went for lunch- menu is a little different. Don't expect sandwiches and burgers. Our group had fish tacos which were excellent, a de-constructed burrata (mozzarella cheese) blt and shrimp and grits. Most lunch items are $14-18 (it's the Don Cesar). Make sure to ask for your parking to be validated otherwise you'll pay $20 for self-parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Meal, Wish it had a view!FoodieVIPDined on 4/10/2014We had a lovely experience at the Sea Porch- the food was very good, specifically the swordfish entree which was amazing. Our greatest disappointment was that we had no view of the ocean/sunset. They changed the layout and the front area is now more of a lounge and not for dining. Considering the opportunity they have to be the only fine dining restaurant on St. Pete Beach with a view, they are missing the mark by not elevating the patio facing west so people can dine and see the sunset. As it is now, out door seating is on the southside of the restaurant where the only view is the walkway and the pool. A missed opportunity for them to get an overall outstanding review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodKaseyVIPDined on 2/21/2014We really enjoyed our dinner thanks to good food and service. It is always nice to take out of town guests to the Don Cesar. Ours were impressed with the building even though it was not a very good night weather-wise. It is a bit pricey, but all the dishes we had were well-prepared and attractively presented.Special Features:
- 70th birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014group of ladies, nine in all. food was EXCELLENT/presentation a "10". waitress was great, I suspect it was the manager that stopped by to ask how things were going-kind of him. appreciate not paying for parking. did like the previous décor/ambiance MUCH< MUCH more, but---- thanks. MarleneSpecial Features:
- QuietKokoDined on 11/10/2013Excellent food tender calmars wonderful lobster quietness no loud music excellent cateringSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had group of 8 and the recommendatiGerrybDined on 11/9/2013Had group of 8 and the recommendation of all was... we should come hack again. Great grouper and tacosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea porchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2013I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel itself is expensive (but worth it). The menu pricing is fair. I wasn't to thrilled with the maitre de, but our server (Thomas) was excellent. Cheery, well-informed, attentive, but not invasive. I will return.Special Features:
- GiGi's Hat ClubGiGis4HatsDined on 7/12/2013My group had a lovely time at the Sea Porch. I'm sure we will dine there again. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the DonjanmanDined on 7/8/2013We all ordered different dishes. All enjoyed their choices. The server was knowledgeable and very professional. The dining area is beautifully decorated and comfortable. I had not been to the Don in years and am happy that I chose it for our luncheon. It's a great place for friends to meet for a lovely lunch together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We live in the area and haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2013We live in the area and have our regular favorite restaurants, but we chose to take our Canadian friends here since they wanted to eat close to the beach. It was a fabulous evening; the service was exceptional, the food was great and it is a new favorite spot of ours.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013I've gotten rid of the urge to go to Sea Porch Cafe. It was very cold that evening, and we were seated next to a door which opened into the outdoor bar. There was lots of coming and going, mostly due to a wedding. We weren't warned about the limited prix fixe menu, and the choices were few, the cost high.
- I took 5 other ladies to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/6/2013I took 5 other ladies to have lunch who had never been here before. We had a wonderful table that was very quiet for lunchtime so we were able to converse pleasantly. Our waitress Lisa, was outstanding. Her experience and pleasant demeanor was the best. The food was great (especially the desserts!) . We spent a little time looking around this beautiful historic hotel and shops and had a wonderful day. Would definitely recommend this highly.Special Features:
- Trying too hard to fancy it upDanglerVIPDined on 10/13/2012We have eaten here 6-8 times. In my opinion the current menu reflects the chef trying a little too hard to fancy it up. This is a semi-casual/semi-formal setting, the main attraction is the beach. The average diner is not looking for fru-fru food, they are looking for flavorful food with a flair to jazz it up a little. Also, be aware that even though you have a reservation you sometimes have to wait, which is bad form, they should manage the reso process more efficiently to avoid doing that to diners. We will be back but mostly because of the setting and ability to dine outdoors.Special Features:
- The restaurant was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012The restaurant was outstanding. A wonderful way to have a Sunday morning brunch and walk on the beach. Outstanding service and fabulous food.Special Features:
- Brunch needs improvingKellyDined on 9/2/2012The Sunday brunch buffet was disappointing, both in quality of food and selections offered, especially in light of the price. Very nice facility, efficient and friendly service, and a wonderful location on the beach.Special Features:
- Back for what's becoming aOrlandoVisitrDined on 9/2/2012Back for what's becoming a tradition, watching early Sunday morning Formula 1 races from Europe while enjoying brunch at the Sea Porch. The staff remembered us from our last visit and went out of their way to accommodate us. Our odd request of french fries with mayo (this was a Belgian race) was fulfilled without hesitation. Everyone is extremely happy with the location, the food and especially the great staff. Frank was especially entertaining in the bar.Special Features:
- We made arrangements to bringOrlandoVisitrDined on 7/29/2012We made arrangements to bring a small group to watch the Budapest Formula 1 race on a Sunday morning. Called to make sure it would be possible and showed up early, just in case. The hostess was very pleasant but needed to check with the manager who told me the hotel was required to keep the Olympics on every TV as "they cater to international guests". Attention management: you might want to do a little research on what "international guests" want. F1 is *the* international motor sport. After a word, she agreed to change one screen to the race. No other guests came in the lounge area during our 3 hour visit. Everything else was perfect. Great breakfast buffet, excellent service and a very sweet hostess.Special Features:
- Did not like being up chargedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2012Did not like being up charged on our credit card.... Will not return
- Restaurant has been remodeled/updatSbjmVIPDined on 7/12/2012Restaurant has been remodeled/updated in the past year. Seating is comfortable - booths & half booths with lots of room between tables. Service was very efficient. Unique drink specialties - but quite expensive! Stand-outs were the sliders & watermelon arugula salad.Special Features:
- this is the Don Cesar's lessOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/11/2012this is the Don Cesar's less formal restaurant. The food is very good and fresh with local farms used listed on the menu. The roasted chicken and corn soup is awesome and their steaks and seafood and flatbreads are delicious.Special Features: