835 Washington Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seathainyc.com/sea/meatpacking/flash/meatpacking.htm
- Phone: 2122433339x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 6:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Monday - Wednesday: 3:30pm - 10:45pm
Thursday & Sunday: 3:30pm - 11:45pm
Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 1:45am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Chef P'Sathit
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: SEA Meatpacking has three stories: The Main Dinning, The Mezzanine located on the 2nd floor with view to the High Line Park and the Moon Room and exclusive lounge located in the cellar.
- Private Party Contact: Kate 8883412950
- Entertainment: Moon Room Lounge inside SEA Meatpacking with Guest DJs
- Special Events: FRIDAYS AND SATURDAYS THE MOON ROOM LOUNGE INSIDE SEA IS OPEN FROM 11:30 P, TO 4:00 PM CHECK WEBSITE FOR FURTHER DETAILS WWW.MOONROOMNYC.COM
A word from SEA
Welcome to SEA The Thai experience in the heart of the Meatpacking District. The moment you dive into SEA you will smell the perfume of the galangal root, the lemongrass, ginger, tamarind, basil leaves... the sweetness of pineapple chunks and at the same time you will be taken by the contagious ambiance of our Bangkok inspired modern design with guest DJs spinning The Mezzanine lounge overlooking the High Line park and the more exclusive MOON ROOM lounge on the lower level. The exotic trendy cocktails will make it a complete experience and our team is committed to provide every patron with not only the best dining experience but also the best night-out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SEA reviews from OpenTable diners
- A Taste of SEAEatsGood69Dined on 12/27/2013Got to SEA on time for my reservation,got seated immediately,the restaurant was a little cold but food and service was good and my date loved the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- siberiafoodie67Dined on 12/24/2013christmas eve and all the diners were freezing. lots of diners wearing coats and hats to eat. we begged for heating. We really should not have paid but we were with colleagues and did not want to embarrass ourselves. Also the waitress should have advised that portions were huge.
- Excellent Food and Atmosphere!NanaluvscuisineDined on 12/21/2013The food was great! $35 Pre-Fixe menu was well worth it. Large portions and a nice variety of desserts! I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Overall, I had a wonderful birthday celebration at SEA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So deliciouscLoNYDined on 12/17/2013Dined there with my daughter on a week night. Our entrees were delicious!!!! The Chilean sea bass was fresh with a fantastic sauce and the chicken with cashews and peppers was the best tasting dish I had experienced ... So delicious! Service was attentive and pleasant. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great overallgerenaDined on 11/16/2013the food was fantastic and the service excellent. We went early in the afternoon but are looking forward to visit them again in the evening as the ambiance seems to be "ready for a late night". Drinks were divine and the staff was friendly and very sharp. It was my birthday and the team was really great! Loved it!Special Features:
- NEW YEARS EVE: AWFULluizavatDined on 11/16/2013came all the way from brazil and decided to book SEA restaurant for my new year's eve. well, nothing could have gone worse. the service was terrible (after having booked it 15 days prior, we had to wait 15min on the line to be seated. once we were seated, no waiter would come to bring us the pro-secco that should be unlimited. and after that, they managed to change every single dish we ordered with the table next to us) but the MOST HORRIBLE thing about it: the music was ABUSIVELY loud. NO ONE could possible have dinner and talk to someone with that music. AWFUL. i do not recommend this restaurant.
- NYEMikEgeDined on 11/16/2013Spent New Years Eve at SEA. Staff wasn't really in a festive mood. Despite the "free prosecco" deal, they didn't really kept it coming - not even at midnigth, so we couldn't do a New Years toast...quite dissapointing. Food was allright. Service poor. Overpriced event. I normally like SEA but wont come back for a special celebration.Special Features:
- what a horrible exprience.makoreDined on 11/8/2013Never again, we sat for half hour without a waiter paying any attention to us. I had to flag a waitress to even pay attention. The food was so so, the roasted duck was horrible, over Cooke to death smothered with peanuts sauce. Really horrible experience. Never again.Special Features:
- IMPRESSED!BreeDined on 11/8/2013My friend was in town visiting from California, so I wanted to take her to a place that had great food and a cool atmosphere. I had never been to SEA before , but am familiar with Thai cuisine so I decided to book a reservation. The place was absolutely gorgeous! The decor was modern and chic. The food surpassed my expectations as did the service. In fact, our server sensed that we were doing a lot of catching up and gave us plenty of time in between courses. I definitely recommend this gem in the meatpacking district!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SEA MeatpackinglaralouDined on 10/29/2013As a huge fan of SEA Williamsburg, I was looking forward to trying out SEA Meatpacking. I was a bit disappointed in comparing the two (although the curry was delicious). The ambiance didn't measure up and they didn't have the crab rangoon appetizer (which Williamsburg has) I specifically went for. Also, they were out of fondue for desert! Otherwise, the Panang Curry was delicious and my friend's meal was also very yummy. The waitstaff was good too. If I had to choose though, I'd make the trek to Williamsburg in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moderate Thai, not ExceptionalTCleavesDined on 10/26/2013I went in the afternoon on a Saturday to avoid a night rush. It was very sparse which was amazing considering the location. The service was sub-par. We didn't have a dedicated server and were shuttled between the persons whom happened to be walking by at the time. It proved to be very frustrating; especially when asking for simple requests such as napkins and water...which stayed empty. The food was nothing spectacular. I've had better Thai in other cities and restaurants in NYC. Yummy Thai is one that offers a similar atmosphere with higher quality food. I had the Island Red Hot Curry, which was very similar in flavor to a Panang Curry, just with extra spice. The rice that comes with the dish was dry and a tiny portion.Special Features:
- Good at a great priceNinipDined on 10/24/2013The food is good the price is great. Great for a laid back dinner with friends.Special Features:
- SEA IN MANHATTANGLORIADined on 10/21/2013First I should mention that we had dinner at 5:30 which, for me, is ridiculously early, but I had to attend a concert in Brooklyn and wanted a good bite to eat before the show. The location of Sea in Manhattan is very cool, directly on Washington at the very end of the upper walking deck that runs along the water. The view you have is of another restaurant which has a huge outdoors all nicely lit up so it's pretty. We enjoyed the warm duck wraps served with 3 tasty sauces and nutty accompaniments. The shrimp noodle dish was very tasty and we had the fried calamari which were nice and crispy. I have no doubt that this place is hopping at night. Ambiance wise, the SEA in Williamsburg is 100 times cooler.....now that's a MUST TRY!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming ExperienceCuteLilFoodieVIPDined on 10/16/2013Nothing special about this visit AT ALL - not even glasses of champagne (or Prosecco even.. come on) for a nice, small group of young women celebrating a birthday. The food is good here, but the one in Brooklyn is better, even though this location is "cooler." Staff was lukewarm, didn't give enthusiastic advice when asked about menu items. I just don't plan on going back.Special Features:
- Good food, fun scenejetsetterDined on 10/13/2013SEA is located in the meatpacking district by the High Line and offers good Thai food and a great atmosphere. A good place to meet friends or bring those that are new to the city to get away from the major tourist restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We did not even finish our drinksfoodiekarmaVIPDined on 10/10/2013The noise level was intolerable. Impossible to have a conversation. My friend's cocktail was not as ordered and my glass of wine was red-colored water for $10. If you are under 30 and think that deafening noise makes for a quality dining experience, you will love this place.
- Quite mediocrealexjohnsonVIPDined on 10/7/2013Not bad, just not good in any way. Thai food is common in British pubs, and the food was of that standard. Service was not bad either, but thoughtless - so, allowing us to order rice, and pay for it, despite the fact that a bowl was provided with the entree anyway. The perfectly friendly staff had to be summoned rather than being attentive. The menu places a premium on design but the pre-printed bound color of it also shows that nothing about it is changed with any frequency. It's one thing to have classics, but printing like this suggests such an unchanging menu as to ignore any seasonality of produce. The location and, in the summer at least, outside seating probably pay the rent but with so much all around it needs to be much better.
- Prefer Brooklyn. NEVER COMING HEREOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2013When we got to the restuarant the hostess was on the phone and didn't acknowledge that we were there till 5 minutes later. When we were seated by someone else someone came and took our drinks and appetizers. Than another person came to take our entree order. By the time the 4th person came we felt like we HAD to order our entree cause we would have been interrupted again. As our appetizer came or drinks were still not there. Anytime we would stop to talk we felt like as if they wanted to take our plates before we were done. We didn't get to finish our food so we got the rest to go. The container they gave me was smaller than the food I left. So I know they didn't give me all the food I left so paid for food I didn't even get to eat.Special Features:
- The food was flavorful, althoughShehnazDined on 9/28/2013The food was flavorful, although the quantity of the salmon ceviche wasn't too generous for the price, but it was delish! Made up for it with the pad thai. The staff were pleasant. Overall, a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BarcikDined on 8/27/2013Fantastic place with amazing food very moderate prices. Pretty loud inside but very nice outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer.ExcitingDined on 8/24/2013I heard how great it was and was glad to share the sane experience amongst my friends. My server was kind, the food was amazing and my friends and I had a blast!! I will definitely fine there in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai food?.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/12/2013This restaurant's food was way to spicy and lacked flavor. No Thai sweetness at all. Service was also quite poor. Shame, because it is a fun location.
- Went for lunch, so I can'tCarolVIPDined on 8/5/2013Went for lunch, so I can't say what it would be like in the evening. The food is quite a bargain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- uninspiredTitoTasteTestVIPDined on 8/1/2013service was so so. the food was same... the papaya salad was ok. the pork dish was all fat and grizzle and flat in taste, with neither complexity nor intensity. apart from the nice location in trendy Meatpacking, there is no need to go back.
- Good place for spicy foodRCruzDined on 7/20/2013good times but since menu didnt have a symbol to let us know which dishes were super spicy mine was a little too spicy for my taste but it was a great place to dine and chatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingVentureDaveVIPDined on 7/9/2013Not sure why people love this place. The food was mediocre and the service was really really slow.
- Pad ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2013Taste was good, but there were only 3 little shrimp and a little chicken.Special Features:
- way too noisyshiboVIPDined on 6/28/2013while SEA is good for groups, it was way too noisy. every single table around us seemed to be screaming, to the point where we couldn't hear ourselves think. also, they were overly crowded, so we got very little attention from the servers and had to ask for things like plates, hot sauce, etc. multiple times. the food was good, but try to avoid going on friday or saturday nights when they are slammed.Special Features:
- Sea ReviewaliyaDined on 6/17/2013Sea in the Meatpacking District is moderately sized. There are both outdoor and indoor tables. Service was really quick. The food was delicious. However, we kept asking if there were peanuts in the items we were ordering, and they failed to mention that the calamari is served with peanuts as a garnish. Luckily we noticed. Other than that everything was good--and very fairly priced for the meatpacking district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we went backRocketDined on 6/11/2013Second time we've been back and not disappointed. The food was very good and our server was very polite and helpful. Very reasonably priced and portions were more than enough. Nice neighborhood eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceJuliaDined on 6/9/2013Food is very good (and affordable) and the proximity to the High Line makes the experience even more fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantmmckn7Dined on 6/8/2013So this restaurant is an amazing find in the Meatpacking district with very reasonable prices! The food was really good and so were the drinks. The staff were extremely accommodating. I got to the restaurant about 45mins (called to tell them I was running late) and they still upheld my dinner reservations eventhough it was super packed! A couple other friends showed up about 30mins into dinner and they were nice enough to add another table to our group. I practically begged them to do it but at any rate, they could have said no and I am happy that they made that happen for me!Special Features:
- good food, wierd service!!danadeeDined on 5/15/2013i have been going to the SEA in Williamsburg for years, so i was delighted to find one opened in the meatpacking. While the food was just as good as the brooklyn location, the service was annoying. First off, it was not busy when we got there. From the time we sat down we had 5 different waiters come over to us about every 3 minutes to see if we had decided on our food. Im always happy to have attentive waiters, but this was ridiculous and almost to the point of being pushy. My BF had never been there before so he needed a couple minutes to look over the menu. Other than that our dinner was pleasant and the waiters were nice, i would go back for a quick inexpensive bit if i am in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall everything was prettyShimmyDined on 5/15/2013Overall everything was pretty good--service was a little slow but we did have a big group which may have been the case.Special Features:
- A great lunch al frescoBetsyRDined on 5/10/2013It was a beautiful sunny day last Friday. We walked the Highline and then had lunch outside at SEA. The boxes are a great deal and they give you lots of interesting taste sensations.Special Features:
- Our reservations were forFoodieVIPDined on 4/27/2013Our reservations were for 7:00pm. We arrived at 6:30pm , minus two people from our party. They wouldn't seat us till everyome got there-which was fine. However, by 7 we told the hostess that we weren't going to wait for the other two people and we will sit and have dinner. One of the female hostess said that they were setting up the table and it will be ready shortly. At 7:20 we asked again for our table and the male hostess said that they were still setting up. I asked why does it take over 20 minutes to set up a table? He only kept saying to me that they're setting up the table, it's not ready, I can go upstairs to see. So the table they "needed" to set up took 1 1/2 hours to set up. The male hostess was extremely rude.
- Cool spot - went for lunchMelixerDined on 4/24/2013Cool spot - went for lunch recently the staff was nice and helpful, I thought my experience would be as special as the ones I've had in Brooklyn but not bad place to hang for a quick lunch and then walk on the highline.Special Features:
- It was my first time at SeaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2013It was my first time at Sea and it was a great experience. Everything went great.Special Features:
- Although the food was good,ErikaDined on 4/6/2013Although the food was good, the restaurant was very noisy. Also, the busboys were constantly at our table looking to take empty dishes away making us feel very rushed. Fine dining it was not.
- The high table at the bar area wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013The bar area gave our part of nine that much needed 'privacy'. The high table actually gave it a more relaxed feel and for quite a big, rowdy group of girls, it was perfect -- we didn't even disturb the other patrons eating over at the other side of the dining area. Service and food was perfect and our waiters and waitresses were all very cordial and friendly! I will def come back!!!Special Features: