Sea Dog Steak and Ale
318 Main Street
Northborough, MA 01532Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sea Dog Steak and Ale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://seadogsteakale.com/
- Phone: 5084668531
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 11:30am - 11:00pm Kitchen closes at 10:00pm everyday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Sea Dog Steak and Ale
Sea Dog Northborough is located at 318 Main St. (Route 20) just minutes from 495 and the Mass Pike It is the third Sea Dog Brew Pub to operate outside the state of Maine where the Sea Dog brand has become legend. Established in 1993, Sea Dog Brewery operates pubs in Bangor, South Portland and Topsham, Maine. Massachusetts Sea Dog locations include Northborough, Hull and Woburn. The Sea Dog crew continues the tradition of serving great food and brewing a full line of handcrafted ales that capture the spirit of New England's seafaring history.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sea Dog Steak and Ale reviews from OpenTable diners
- Pleasantly surprised!! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012Pleasantly surprised!! The food was delicious and plentiful, the prices reasonable, wait staff friendly and efficient, attractive design, and great ambiance!!Special Features:
- Seadog is the perfect casualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Seadog is the perfect casual gathering spot for families and groups of friends. The bar is big and serves as a great spot to chill and watch the game. The food isn't bad, but won't blow you away. They need to lower entree prices or adjust the quality. My favorite thing is the salty french onion soup, mm! Ordered the grilled chicken chop salad, and it seemed like greens had been sitting in the dressing for a bit too long. An order of roasted vegetable bruschetta came with exactly 4 baguette slices buried under a huge mound of arugula. I'd prefer Olive Garden italian food. Check it out for the beer, apps, and ambiance!Special Features:
- Became a member of the MugBobbird99VIPDined on 8/31/2012Became a member of the Mug Club.... 20 oz beers... 1$ less... and 1/2 off apps Sun-Weds... new menue has a few new add ons.. Onion rings were awesome!Special Features:
- For Northborough, its a nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/29/2012For Northborough, its a nice, simple burger and beer restaurant. Very clean, service friendly. Had a salad that was fresh and a ribeye that was surprisingly tasty. Well priced and consistant.
- excellent waiter very helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012excellent waiter very helpful service slow despite not crowded I am gluten-free, and food was good but not hot enough other members of party very pleased with their meals
- Consistently great food..althoughBobbird99VIPDined on 8/19/2012Consistently great food..although just a burger this time, it was delicious!Special Features:
- good place for beer and sandwhichfoodie1965VIPDined on 8/17/2012Stopped in late on a Friday. The menu is brief but had some good burgers and sandwiches and a few entrees like fish and chips and steak tips. I had the scallops with leeks and mash. A little over cooked but tasty. My husband had fish and chips lunch portion. Small portion was an option for about half the entrees. Beer was cold and the waiter was an absolute delight. If you need a place to stop on route 20, you could do a lot worse. Place is modern and very clean, and had some outside tables. We will go back.
- Great food at Sea DogExperiencedDinerDined on 8/11/2012All diners in party of four loved their meals. Steak cooked perfectly. Fresh and tasty salad ingredients. The grilled Caesar salad is very good and somewhat unusual ... Not seen too often in restaurants. Wine selections are good for all preferences.Special Features:
- This was my first time atnonameDined on 8/10/2012This was my first time at the Sea Dog. The fish tacos and and the service ware very good.
- I went to Sea Dog for theJustineDined on 8/4/2012I went to Sea Dog for the beer. They have several of the Sea Dog brews on tap, as well as other interesting bottled beers. But the food is quite good, too, definitely a step up from the usual bar fare.Special Features:
- The bbq chicken quesadillaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2012The bbq chicken quesadilla was great according to one member of our party. The brie cheese appetizer was pretty good. The mussels were terrible. The sausage flatbread was bland. The wedge salad was quite sad. The waitress convinced one member of our party to get a dinner portion rather than a lunch portion of the steak. He still left hungry with the dinner portion! We asked our waitress about the mug club and she was supposed to get back to us about joining but never did--oh well, we won't be joining anyway since the food was quite sub par. Won't be returning.Special Features:
- RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2012Great steak... Great beer.. cool feature (beer mug club) worth checking out.. I will be going back....Special Features:
- Ambiance rated fair becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2012Ambiance rated fair because of the number of mosquitoes that showed up on the restaurant's patio after the sun went down. Not really the restaurant's fault, but they were a problem.
- Excellent and ExcellentPapaMilanoDined on 7/17/2012Excellent food. Excellent service. The hostess even made her way around the place, asking how everyone was enjoying their food, and offer up great banter, just like your grandmother would do!Special Features:
- Table of 8 with no issues,,,Bobbird99VIPDined on 7/11/2012Table of 8 with no issues,,, everything was perfect.Special Features:
- The decor is nice. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2012The decor is nice. The food and beer are really good. However we were disappointed with our service.Special Features:
- Dissapointing. I noted inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2012Dissapointing. I noted in the reservation notes that it was out 38th anniversary and that my wife needed a gluten-free menu. The notes were obviously not read by the staff. This was our 3rd visit. We both felt that the food was not as not quite as good as in the past. Not poor - just didn't approach 'exceeding expectations'. The waitress was outstanding. I asked a question about a menu item and, without asking, she brought a sample for me to try! That did exceed expectations!
- the food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2012the food was very good and the service outstandingSpecial Features:
- Had a great time at the Seafitch94Dined on 6/10/2012Had a great time at the Sea Dog. Was with a group of 10 and was lucky enough to get the private room in the back of the restaurant. Service was very good and atmosphere was good. Would recommend.Special Features:
- we were in from PhiladelphiaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012we were in from Philadelphia for a hockey tournament, great find on open table or maybe we would have missed the experienceSpecial Features:
- Six family members, includingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012Six family members, including one child, shared a great meal at Sea Dog's. The food and service was very good, and we really appreciated the gluten free menu for one of our party. Reasonably priced too.Special Features:
- We have been to Sea Dog withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2012We have been to Sea Dog with friends 2 other times and were pleased. This weekend we went with our kids and the service/food was so slow. It was tough to keep the kids occupied because it took so long to get our drinks and food. It was not a busy night...just really slow food and service. We will go back because we have had fun the other 2 times, but if the service and food is still as slow the next time we would not return.Special Features:
- We were dissapointed. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012We were dissapointed. The beer was fair to poor, expected better from a microbrew. The Brown was weak, the IPA was under hopped, the Stout was decent. The sirloin tips were tough and over cooked, portion was small. Service was good.
- Food was very good. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2012Food was very good. Service was outstanding. We were there for trivia and the host was kind of wacko. A little on the expensive side. But the prime rib special was a good deal. The roasted potatoes were out of this world good.Special Features:
- Great beer and outdoor patio.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2012Great beer and outdoor patio. The menu descriptions made everything sound amazing...but in practice some things were a little disappointing. So come for the beer and have a bite, just don't expect a foody paradise.Special Features:
- In past visits, I would havespkyDined on 5/17/2012In past visits, I would have rated this restaurant very good to outstanding. I was very disappointed in the menu changes and the quality of the food this time. This is not an inexpensive restaurant, so my expectations are high. In the future, I will think twice before coming back.
- The restaurant was packedBobGVIPDined on 5/15/2012The restaurant was packed the night we dined there. The nachos were excellent. Our entrees were good with the filet tender and the crab cake sandwich flavorful. Dessert was tasty. It's good that the filet was tender because our server didn't think to bring a steak knife and was, generally speaking, no where to be found. Having to ask for ketchup when one your meal comes with fries and waiting 10 minutes for the cream you requested when the coffee was delivered are not the marks of a server at the top of their game. In fact the server was the downside of an otherwise pleasant meal.
- Perfect for the group of 7JessvGDined on 5/15/2012Perfect for the group of 7 I went with. Reasonable prices, good food (even though not a lot of steak choices), good natured staff. Scallops were fantastic as was the blueberry bbq chicken tenders. with 3 kids with us, the more contemporary feel then pub was a nice surprise.Special Features:
- My family of five went toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2012My family of five went to dinner here recently. None of us were impressed. Three of us got the macaroni & cheese. We are all mac&cheese lovers, but none of us liked this mac&cheese! My husband got seafood and my son got steak. They both said it was good but nothing special and certainly not worth the prices they charge!Special Features:
- I had the lobster roll whichLizNDined on 5/13/2012I had the lobster roll which was pretty good even though we are not near the seashore for absolute fresh. Would have been nice for the entrees to come with a vegetable automatically. Prices aren't bad for families. Decent kids' menu available.Special Features:
- Happy Camper!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012We had a 6:30 reservation and I had to call and move it out to 7:30 -they were very flexible. We ended up arriving earlier than we had expected and they were willing to accomidate us at that point. Then the table they had picked out for us wasnt to the liking of our whole party and they moved us with a no-problem attitude and a smile!Special Features:
- A disappointing adventure.HudsontravelersVIPDined on 5/12/2012This was our first visit. The restaurant was crowded when we arrived but we were seated immediately. The wait staff was excellent and very accommodating to our needs. The menu was varied but none of the entrees that we ordered (4 of us) were more than average. Because of the noise level and the less than spectacular food, we probably would not return.
- We arrived with two sleepingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012We arrived with two sleeping infants and were 15 minutes early for our reservation. The girls at the hostess stand were extremely helpful - they immediately cleaned up a table for us in the back so we could let the kids sleep in their stroller and not be in everyone's way. They were so accomodating. We ordered entrees (filet and haddock), but after seeing the burgers we would probably opt for that option next time - they looked fantastic. The waitstaff kept my daughters meal on hold until she woke up, and then quickly got her meal when she was ready - such a nice touch, and we really appreciated how accomodating everyone was. We would go back for the service alone.Special Features:
- Not What it Used to BeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2012Recent downgrade to the menu. No large filet, and many sides are now gone.Special Features:
- sub par serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/7/2012very poor service, 2 hours 15 mins for dinner, if you don't mind waiting than this is your place
- Dinner at sea dogOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2012We had party of four. All of us enjoyed the meal and our desserts as well. The scallops were great. I asked for them over spinach and they were very accommodating.Special Features:
- A Welcome Addition to MetroWestCapecodlady8Dined on 5/2/2012Sea Dog opened in Northborough last summer at a location of a former Italian restaurant on route 20 in Northborough. Interested in trying their on tap beer selections, we decided to give it a try one night and enjoy some appetizers with our libations. What a surprise. The apps were amazingly prepared, and our beer "flights" did not disappoint.Since then we have returned a half a dozen times, sometimes for dinners, lunch with my women's club, and occasionally to share apps in the very nice bar to watch a game. This is not a pub or simply a bar that serves food. The menu is delightful and the sauces in particular are delicious. The service is excellent and I enjoy the atmosphere. Sea Dog has really embraced the community as well.Great job!Special Features:
- It could be that we caughtOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2012It could be that we caught them on a bad night. Given its solid reviews online, we tried this "steakhouse," which is really more a bar with a dining room, on a recent Friday night with a 7:45 reservation. We walked in to find an already frazzled hostess/manager, and had to wait (a few minutes, not forever) for our table despite the reservation. Our waitress, though genial and willing to help when prompted, seemed distracted and overwhelmed -- when dinner first arrived, my fiancee's quesadilla was literally ice cold. My burger was dry, on a store-bought bun and had only partially melted cheese. OK fries. The beer I had (Windjammer Blonde Ale), in fact, was excellent, and easily the best part of our dinner. This was a bar with bad food.Special Features:
- Start to finish we were disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2012Start to finish we were disapointed. Beware that the menu on-line has much more choice than the actual menu.
- The food is excellent butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012The food is excellent but the noise level is too high. Waiter never offered bread or water with the meal or told us about the special. The next table served by another waiter received all that.Special Features: