1054 31st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seacatchrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2023378855x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday from 11:30pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday from 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday opens at 5:00 pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
CLOSED ON SUNDAYS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For your next special occasion, enjoy the best in Washington DC Catering at the Sea Catch Restaurant. With our flexible venue speace and professional services, your unforgetable event is in thoughtful and experienced hands. Diverse and Flexible, the Sea Cath Restaurant is here to serve your individual needs.
- Special Events: Private Dining from 10 - 300 guests
- Cross Street: M Street
- Public Transit: The closest Metro is Foggy Bottom and Rosslyn on the Blue Line. You then can take the Georgetown Connector for $1.00 to M Street and 31st.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 3 hours complimentary parking with validation in designated garage (Constitution Parking). Located right next door to us on 31st Street.
A word from Sea Catch
Experience Georgetown's hidden gem! Located in Canal Square (M St and 31st St), set gently back off of the hustle and bustle of the main road, along the C&O canal, the Sea Catch is one of the oldest seafood restaurants in Georgetown. Request a cozy table near one of our two stone fireplaces or enjoy al fresco dining along the water. Sea Catch is proud to serve only the freshest seafood and has one of the largest Raw Bars in Washington DC, which serves an array of East and West Coast oysters. Dinner Specials change daily to take advantage of the freshest produce available. compliment your dinner with one of our wines featured by the bottle or glass. Enjoy $1 OYSTERS AND HALF PRICE DRINK SPECIALS DURING HAPPY HOUR, Monday through Friday from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. Celebrate Holidays and Special Occasions with a gift certificate from Sea Catch.*SEASONAL OUTDOOR PATIO SEATING!* (available on a first come, first serve basis)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Sea Catch - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Sea Catch reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (66)romantic (63)special occasion (63)scenic view (53)neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (17)good for groups (17)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Food great but abysmal serviceGtownEateriesDined on 10/14/2014On a Tuesday night no less. From start to finish we were ignored. Had to ask three times for the waiter. The manager offered us free after-dinner drinks but by then we were exhausted. This was a party of 3 and not the least bit crowded. This was the second time I've had this experience. And the last. FTR, the busboy was personable and as helpful as he could be. This is my first review. And I'm not particularly demanding: I don't expect to be coddled. Nor do I expect to beg somebody to stop by and take a food order.
- 3rd time a charmMalcahshopDined on 10/11/2014Excellent choice for dining! Lots of wonderful choices perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Saturday LunchHarryVIPDined on 10/11/2014What a charming atmosphere with stone walls, lit fireplaces, great bar and wine list. But most outstanding was the lunch menu on Satruday-- full of excellent fish dishes. I had lump crab salad which really was the best ever...citrus dressing. Yummm. Folks with me could not stop raving about the sauce on the mussels. Great looking out over the Georgetown canal with the fall leaves floating down. We will definitely be back-- with guests and without!Special Features:
- Sea catch is slippingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Never had a bad meal at Sea catch. Til now. What were succulent, meaty crab cakes have become smaller and rather than juicy crab meat, it has some large portion of filler. The result was a chewy tasteless thing shaped like a hockey puck only smaller. The Cole slaw was equally disappointing and I am not sure how such a simple thing could be messed up. The manager took our criticism on the chin and offered to try the cakes again but we were not up to it. I have had too many great meals at the Catch and appreciate its setting and ambiance to give up after this experience but next time will crunch timeSpecial Features:
- MediocreArtCDined on 10/7/2014Don't believe the pictures on the webiste. This place is tired, the wine list is very limited, servers are inexperienced.Special Features:
- Nice Georgetown Spot, Middling FoodrrschrumjrVIPDined on 10/6/2014The location of this spot is great, and during the day, I'd imagine the outdoor seating is wonderful. It's tough to find good seafood in DC, and Sea Catch validates that notion. I had the rockfish special with risotto, which was good but did not blow me away. The wine list by the glass is underwhelming. I enjoyed the potatoes au gratin side, but it wasn't the best I've ever had. My dining companions did enjoy their salmon and steak-frites.Special Features:
- Team4Dined on 10/4/2014We were seated in the secondary dining room, which was full at the time we were seated and then they all got up and left at once. upon inquiry, we learned that it was the weekly tour group. Then it was only us in this large impersonal space & the staff who were cleaning tables, changing linens, and cleaning the room. Yes, watching people clean makes for a wonder dining experience - NOT! A terrible ambience & awful room & guest managementl that they seated us there knowing this large group would get up & leave at once. The service was inattentive as our waitress was too busy folding napkins & cleaning the room vs. waiting on us. The wine by the glass list was mediocre. Main room was nice space so experience could have been much better.
- Vet GoodPeterPDined on 10/4/2014Swordfish with the lemon butter was excellent, Seafood Pasta was good. Service was mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Catch is worth tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Went earlier with the family, it was nice and quiet, the fish was fresh, oysters were excellent and the chocolate mousse was worth going for a second time. Wouldn't recommend parking in the garage near the restaurant, took us about 30 minutes to get our car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/2/2014Great dinner at Sea Catch. Was visiting Washington, DC on vacation and tried the restaurant based on feedback from Open Table. The service and food were great! Even the background music was good. Would certainly recommend Sea Catch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to get your hopes up aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014I wasn't super impressed with this place. The scallops in my seafood linguine were pretty cold in the middle - not sure if they were cooked thoroughly. There prices are too high for them have average food. My boyfriend's swordfish came with rice pilaf - and it literally was just rice - no pilaf. That was disappointing.Special Features:
- Meh, but won't be coming backCourtneyVIPDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I came for our one year anniversary, and were slightly disappointed. Our server was not very friendly or welcoming. He took our orders, but rarely came back to see how we were doing or if our meals were good. The food itself was OK. I ordered the seafood linguine. The pasta sauce was a bit light (in terms of density).
- Great outdoor diningfoodisgoodDined on 9/27/2014Food is awesome, our server Ashley was great. Sitting outside on a beautiful evening was perfect. I would recommend Sea Catch to anyone who loves Mahi-Mahi because theirs is first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in dcSuzanDined on 9/26/2014Sea catch is a long standing georgetown presence. Their seafood outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!CecyDined on 9/23/2014This is one of my favorites in DC, with the best seafood happy hour in town! Can't beat the $1 oysters, half price wine and $9.99 grilled lobster tails -- YUM!!! Love this place.Special Features:
- 4ukfoodiesDined on 9/20/2014We were hoping for a really good dinner experience, but it did not live up to expectation. Many of the dishes would have been better if served more simply. Chef trying too hard, portions too large for us. Mussels appetiser was good. The Tuna main course was not, although the fish itself was well cooked, the accompanying vegetables and sauce did not hit the mark at all. Would not returnSpecial Features:
- Nice evening; nice atmosphereRichDined on 9/20/2014A great refuge in Georgetown amidst the hubbub of the quaint area. Food was excellent, as was the ambiance. Too bad service was understaffed with a rushed push to order twice, then couldn't get waiter back when ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MontagneDined on 9/18/2014Nice spot for business lunch, if you can sit outside.Special Features:
- Dawn55Dined on 9/12/2014Had the best service ever! Ask for Dennis. He is the most amazing server. You will feel very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 9/12/2014The setting, the service and the food were outstanding! It felt like we were at a cafe in Europe!Special Features:
- ddlunchDined on 9/5/2014i would never recommend this place. the shrimp cocktail had only 1 shrimp! the 3 pound lobster was little and few. we left after pay more than US 120,00 a couple, and eat at Dean and Deluca. restaurant too expensive and few meat
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The Sea Catch was a great place to eat. Food was delicious and worth the cost. The restaurant was a beautiful place. Only down fall was looking out at the overgrown green creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best experiencesusieDined on 8/22/2014We've been to Sea Catch many times through the years, usually for birthday celebrations. Our last visit was disappointing. The bar was out of several brands, on a Friday night! The wine offerings were disappointing and limited. The food, as always, was excellent, but our server kept disappearing and we had to call her over. This is, sadly, the lowest score I've ever given Sea Catch.
- vivalavidaVIPDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant was just too noisy and too pricey for the very average and salty quality of the of the food they served. It lacked the exquisite cuisine that I expected for an expensive menu. The quality at Silver Diner is even better than this. We din't even bother with dessert.
- We loved Sea Catch!AnneDined on 8/20/2014We sat outside overlooking the canal on a beautiful evening, and enjoyed tasty delicious diet-friendly seafood appetizers and entrees. They were very accomodating to our special requests. We will be back!Special Features:
- Want a good experience?181160VIPDined on 8/20/2014Sea Catch is a wonderful experience for seafood lovers. I take business contacts and family there. And i've never had a bad experience so far. A place to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Weekpparker3Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I made a reservation at 3PM at Sea Catch in Georgetown. The food and service was very good and the atmosphere was excellent. They were out of the bottle of wine we ordered but let us taste another that was comparable. I was really enjoying myself and was a little bothered when we were told we needed to go because it was approaching dinner time. I was enjoying my wine and the atmosphere and wasn't wanting to leave yet. I have been in the restaurant business for over 30 years and would never ask a table to leave. My husband didn't like that either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Winner!RCfromDCVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I had a Saturday Restaurant Week lunch at Sea Catch, which is hidden on 31st St. below M in Georgetown. There is a courtyard for outdoor dining in addition to tables by the canal. We opted to eat indoors. The server was solicitous but had tables both in and outdoors, thus getting his attention was not easy. The other staff who served our food were very good. She had manhattan clam chowder and salmon, i had a large salad and the trout, all very good. We both had sorbet, a modest serving which was the right size to compliment our main meal. We are never disappointed by Sea Catch.Special Features:
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Horribly slow service. We came for lunch and sat there for almost 4 hours because food came out every 1 hour. It was incredibly frustrating since our waiter was hard to track down and it wasn't even busy!Special Features:
- Great FoodJDSmithDined on 8/15/2014The food here is absolutely wonderful. Love it each I come.Special Features:
- Bad Service During Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/15/2014I went to this restaurant during Restaurant Week. Food was great, but I thought the service was poor. The server was neither friendly nor competent, the food took very long to come out. I don't think I'll go back there for a while.Special Features:
- Nice family dinnerChugsDined on 8/14/2014We visited the restaurant during Restaurant Week. The menu choices were very good. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The gazpacho is some of the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lola88Dined on 8/14/2014Service was really slow but the mussels and dessert were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CatchdineontherunDined on 8/14/2014I attended for restaurant and the food was absolutely amazing. Probably the best crab cakes that I have had in a really long time. I think the place was a little short on wait staff and we waited quite a bit for our initial order, but it was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great RW restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/13/2014Enjoyed a nice dinner for Restaurant Week before attending a show at the Kennedy Center. The food was good (mussels could have used a little more flavor/seasoning and the lobster bisque could have had a bit more lobster in it, but the salmon and seafood pasta were both delicious), atmosphere quiet and relaxing, and service very attentive and polite. Definitely a good place to try if you've never been!Special Features:
- An Outstanding RestaurantKAS33Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had the good fortune to be seated on the balcony along the canal. The restaurant offers a wide range of seafood, both among the appetizers and main courses. My wife's grilled shrimp was superb. Interestingly she requested cocktail sauce, but our waiter suggested she try the shrimp without anything extra. as She was very pleased to discover that the dish needed no additional sauce or other flavoring. I am less of a seafood fan, so I opted on steak frites. The non-seafood menu is limited, but quite good. Ironically this was one of the very best steaks I have had. Though tempted by the creme brulee we opted on sharing a mix of fresh berries--a good choice or this meal we found. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect !BernaghDined on 8/8/2014I selected Sea Catch for the last night of our special family holiday to USA from Ireland. Turned out to be perfect and made that little bit special by Dennis our waiter. Food excellent. Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bostonpeteVIPDined on 8/8/2014Sea Catch never fails to deliver. We have been coming here from Boston for several years and every visit is a real treat. Their seafood is cooked to perfection and their oysters are outstanding all coupled with attentive and Caring ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming canal-side settingFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Dinner at this casual but stylish canal-side restaurant was very good. The staff all seemed relatively new, but their enthusiasm and commitment to service was high. The wine list is sufficient, and the prices were reasonable (though not inexpensive) for all items, including food, wine, and cocktails. We had fish, which was very fresh and prepared with enough flavors but not overbearing. In all, a very pleasant meal.Special Features:
- Charming SpotEJ0118Dined on 8/4/2014Meal and ambience worth effort to have a meal in Georgetown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.