1054 31st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seacatchrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (202) 337-8855
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday from 11:30pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday from 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday opens at 5:00 pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
CLOSED ON SUNDAYS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For your next special occasion, enjoy the best in Washington DC Catering at the Sea Catch Restaurant. With our flexible venue speace and professional services, your unforgetable event is in thoughtful and experienced hands. Diverse and Flexible, the Sea Cath Restaurant is here to serve your individual needs.
- Special Events: Private Dining from 10 - 300 guests
- Cross Street: M Street
- Public Transit: The closest Metro is Foggy Bottom and Rosslyn on the Blue Line. You then can take the Georgetown Connector for $1.00 to M Street and 31st.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 3 hours complimentary parking with validation in designated garage (Constitution Parking). Located right next door to us on 31st Street.
A word from Sea Catch
Experience Georgetown's hidden gem! Located in Canal Square (M St and 31st St), set gently back off of the hustle and bustle of the main road, along the C&O canal, the Sea Catch is one of the oldest seafood restaurants in Georgetown. Request a cozy table near one of our two stone fireplaces or enjoy al fresco dining along the water. Sea Catch is proud to serve only the freshest seafood and has one of the largest Raw Bars in Washington DC, which serves an array of East and West Coast oysters. Dinner Specials change daily to take advantage of the freshest produce available. compliment your dinner with one of our wines featured by the bottle or glass. Enjoy $1 OYSTERS AND HALF PRICE DRINK SPECIALS DURING HAPPY HOUR, Monday through Friday from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. Celebrate Holidays and Special Occasions with a gift certificate from Sea Catch.*SEASONAL OUTDOOR PATIO SEATING!* (available on a first come, first serve basis)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sea Catch reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)romantic (59)great for outdoor dining (58)neighborhood gem (46)scenic view (41)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (28)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (19)late-night find (11)hot spot (8)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great environment, food and exceptional service.FineDiningSearcherDined on 11/19/2014Great service, ambiance and exceptional dishes for my colleagues last dinner in town before retiring. Could not have asked for better service and the wine selections and food were very good. The dinner experience was great and I won't wait for another retirement dinner to have my next meal at Sea Catch. Looking forward to trying other items on their menu and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressivebadoysterVIPDined on 11/18/2014The server and the host were very friendly. The server assistance, Jose, always remembers what I like. The manager was very generous to my family. The oysters were fresh and big. We had a great time; my family was very impressive! Great job everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableGWR1VIPDined on 11/17/2014This is our go-to restaurant for a meal before a Blues Alley performance. The food is always reliable, as is the service. There is always a great selection of fresh oysters and good wine pairings by the glass on the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLochNessDined on 11/8/2014Sea Catch surprised me in the best way. I walked in and was surprised by the unbelievably cool atmosphere. When I told the waiter that we had to eat quickly because of a time conflict, they made special arrangements for us in the kitchen. The food was delicious and I couldn't have asked for a better restaurant.Special Features:
- Overall amazing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Sea Catch was nothing short of extraordinary in terms of both service and food. Our waiter was fast, efficient, and incredibly welcoming. Thank you - we will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service & killer oystersBSharpieVIPDined on 11/6/2014The oyster ceviche appetizer was amazing. Three people in our group shared them and another sampler of raw oysters and they were excellent. The blackened rockfish and risotto was amazing and just the right portion size. Loved the cozy atmosphere and our very attentive waiter.Special Features:
- Great dinnerpapajohnDined on 11/4/2014We had Mahi Mahi and the chef cooked it to perfection. Our waiter johnie was excellent. Had all the answers and paid attention but did not smother.Special Features:
- Sea Catch-upOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/1/2014This is only our second time dining at Sea Catch but both times the service started out very slow. After being seated we did meet our waiter for at least 15 minutes when she stopped by to say she'd be right back. 10 minutes later she did return and offered to take a drink order. We ordered drinks and our meal out of concern that it would be awhile before she returned! Once everything came out, it was great. Seafood linguini, pan seared rockfish and Atlantic salmon were all declared delicious. But the prices are too high for IHOP type service. The host knew she was slammed and could have easily taken a drink order which would have made us relax and enjoy the wait.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014The evening was lovely. The only negative is that I informed OpenTable of the event= 2nd year Anniversary but only 1 host said Happy Anniversary and it was late in the evening already. Wish there was some special that could have been done. I went to Ruths Chris, for my 1st anniversary and they did some special food items and decorative places for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/27/2014THIS RESTURANT WAS A GREAT CHOICE, THE SEAFOOD WAS GREAT AND SERVICE WAS BEYOND IMPECKABLE!!!!!! THE MANAGER CHECKED ON MY TABLE SEVERAL TIMES DURNING THE COURSE OF THE NIGHT TO MAKE SURE EVERY THING WAS GOING OKAY. MY GROUP REALLY ENJOYED THEIR BIRTHDAY CELABRATION. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS RESTURANT AS A 5 STAR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerLightfoodieDined on 10/24/2014We had crab cakes and bronzini. The crab cakes were good, very salty. My fish was fine, nothing exceptional. We had really good service. We started with oysters and they were exceptional. The desserts were good, but not exceptional. This is a good restaurant with a nice layout and lighting. Good food, but not gourmet.Special Features:
- Food great but abysmal serviceGtownEateriesDined on 10/14/2014On a Tuesday night no less. From start to finish we were ignored. Had to ask three times for the waiter. The manager offered us free after-dinner drinks but by then we were exhausted. This was a party of 3 and not the least bit crowded. This was the second time I've had this experience. And the last. FTR, the busboy was personable and as helpful as he could be. This is my first review. And I'm not particularly demanding: I don't expect to be coddled. Nor do I expect to beg somebody to stop by and take a food order.
- 3rd time a charmMalcahshopDined on 10/11/2014Excellent choice for dining! Lots of wonderful choices perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Saturday LunchHarryVIPDined on 10/11/2014What a charming atmosphere with stone walls, lit fireplaces, great bar and wine list. But most outstanding was the lunch menu on Satruday-- full of excellent fish dishes. I had lump crab salad which really was the best ever...citrus dressing. Yummm. Folks with me could not stop raving about the sauce on the mussels. Great looking out over the Georgetown canal with the fall leaves floating down. We will definitely be back-- with guests and without!Special Features:
- Sea catch is slippingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Never had a bad meal at Sea catch. Til now. What were succulent, meaty crab cakes have become smaller and rather than juicy crab meat, it has some large portion of filler. The result was a chewy tasteless thing shaped like a hockey puck only smaller. The Cole slaw was equally disappointing and I am not sure how such a simple thing could be messed up. The manager took our criticism on the chin and offered to try the cakes again but we were not up to it. I have had too many great meals at the Catch and appreciate its setting and ambiance to give up after this experience but next time will crunch timeSpecial Features:
- MediocreArtCDined on 10/7/2014Don't believe the pictures on the webiste. This place is tired, the wine list is very limited, servers are inexperienced.Special Features:
- Nice Georgetown Spot, Middling FoodrrschrumjrVIPDined on 10/6/2014The location of this spot is great, and during the day, I'd imagine the outdoor seating is wonderful. It's tough to find good seafood in DC, and Sea Catch validates that notion. I had the rockfish special with risotto, which was good but did not blow me away. The wine list by the glass is underwhelming. I enjoyed the potatoes au gratin side, but it wasn't the best I've ever had. My dining companions did enjoy their salmon and steak-frites.Special Features:
- Team4VIPDined on 10/4/2014We were seated in the secondary dining room, which was full at the time we were seated and then they all got up and left at once. upon inquiry, we learned that it was the weekly tour group. Then it was only us in this large impersonal space & the staff who were cleaning tables, changing linens, and cleaning the room. Yes, watching people clean makes for a wonder dining experience - NOT! A terrible ambience & awful room & guest managementl that they seated us there knowing this large group would get up & leave at once. The service was inattentive as our waitress was too busy folding napkins & cleaning the room vs. waiting on us. The wine by the glass list was mediocre. Main room was nice space so experience could have been much better.
- Vet GoodPeterPDined on 10/4/2014Swordfish with the lemon butter was excellent, Seafood Pasta was good. Service was mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Catch is worth tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Went earlier with the family, it was nice and quiet, the fish was fresh, oysters were excellent and the chocolate mousse was worth going for a second time. Wouldn't recommend parking in the garage near the restaurant, took us about 30 minutes to get our car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/2/2014Great dinner at Sea Catch. Was visiting Washington, DC on vacation and tried the restaurant based on feedback from Open Table. The service and food were great! Even the background music was good. Would certainly recommend Sea Catch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to get your hopes up aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014I wasn't super impressed with this place. The scallops in my seafood linguine were pretty cold in the middle - not sure if they were cooked thoroughly. There prices are too high for them have average food. My boyfriend's swordfish came with rice pilaf - and it literally was just rice - no pilaf. That was disappointing.Special Features:
- Meh, but won't be coming backCourtneyVIPDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I came for our one year anniversary, and were slightly disappointed. Our server was not very friendly or welcoming. He took our orders, but rarely came back to see how we were doing or if our meals were good. The food itself was OK. I ordered the seafood linguine. The pasta sauce was a bit light (in terms of density).
- Great outdoor diningfoodisgoodDined on 9/27/2014Food is awesome, our server Ashley was great. Sitting outside on a beautiful evening was perfect. I would recommend Sea Catch to anyone who loves Mahi-Mahi because theirs is first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in dcSuzanDined on 9/26/2014Sea catch is a long standing georgetown presence. Their seafood outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!CecyDined on 9/23/2014This is one of my favorites in DC, with the best seafood happy hour in town! Can't beat the $1 oysters, half price wine and $9.99 grilled lobster tails -- YUM!!! Love this place.Special Features:
- 4ukfoodiesDined on 9/20/2014We were hoping for a really good dinner experience, but it did not live up to expectation. Many of the dishes would have been better if served more simply. Chef trying too hard, portions too large for us. Mussels appetiser was good. The Tuna main course was not, although the fish itself was well cooked, the accompanying vegetables and sauce did not hit the mark at all. Would not returnSpecial Features:
- Nice evening; nice atmosphereRichDined on 9/20/2014A great refuge in Georgetown amidst the hubbub of the quaint area. Food was excellent, as was the ambiance. Too bad service was understaffed with a rushed push to order twice, then couldn't get waiter back when ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MontagneDined on 9/18/2014Nice spot for business lunch, if you can sit outside.Special Features:
- Dawn55Dined on 9/12/2014Had the best service ever! Ask for Dennis. He is the most amazing server. You will feel very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 9/12/2014The setting, the service and the food were outstanding! It felt like we were at a cafe in Europe!Special Features:
- ddlunchDined on 9/5/2014i would never recommend this place. the shrimp cocktail had only 1 shrimp! the 3 pound lobster was little and few. we left after pay more than US 120,00 a couple, and eat at Dean and Deluca. restaurant too expensive and few meat
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The Sea Catch was a great place to eat. Food was delicious and worth the cost. The restaurant was a beautiful place. Only down fall was looking out at the overgrown green creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best experiencesusieDined on 8/22/2014We've been to Sea Catch many times through the years, usually for birthday celebrations. Our last visit was disappointing. The bar was out of several brands, on a Friday night! The wine offerings were disappointing and limited. The food, as always, was excellent, but our server kept disappearing and we had to call her over. This is, sadly, the lowest score I've ever given Sea Catch.
- vivalavidaVIPDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant was just too noisy and too pricey for the very average and salty quality of the of the food they served. It lacked the exquisite cuisine that I expected for an expensive menu. The quality at Silver Diner is even better than this. We din't even bother with dessert.
- We loved Sea Catch!AnneDined on 8/20/2014We sat outside overlooking the canal on a beautiful evening, and enjoyed tasty delicious diet-friendly seafood appetizers and entrees. They were very accomodating to our special requests. We will be back!Special Features:
- Want a good experience?181160VIPDined on 8/20/2014Sea Catch is a wonderful experience for seafood lovers. I take business contacts and family there. And i've never had a bad experience so far. A place to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Weekpparker3Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I made a reservation at 3PM at Sea Catch in Georgetown. The food and service was very good and the atmosphere was excellent. They were out of the bottle of wine we ordered but let us taste another that was comparable. I was really enjoying myself and was a little bothered when we were told we needed to go because it was approaching dinner time. I was enjoying my wine and the atmosphere and wasn't wanting to leave yet. I have been in the restaurant business for over 30 years and would never ask a table to leave. My husband didn't like that either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Winner!RCfromDCVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I had a Saturday Restaurant Week lunch at Sea Catch, which is hidden on 31st St. below M in Georgetown. There is a courtyard for outdoor dining in addition to tables by the canal. We opted to eat indoors. The server was solicitous but had tables both in and outdoors, thus getting his attention was not easy. The other staff who served our food were very good. She had manhattan clam chowder and salmon, i had a large salad and the trout, all very good. We both had sorbet, a modest serving which was the right size to compliment our main meal. We are never disappointed by Sea Catch.Special Features:
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Horribly slow service. We came for lunch and sat there for almost 4 hours because food came out every 1 hour. It was incredibly frustrating since our waiter was hard to track down and it wasn't even busy!Special Features: