1054 31st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seacatchrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2023378855x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday from 11:30pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday from 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday opens at 5:00 pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
CLOSED ON SUNDAYS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For your next special occasion, enjoy the best in Washington DC Catering at the Sea Catch Restaurant. With our flexible venue speace and professional services, your unforgetable event is in thoughtful and experienced hands. Diverse and Flexible, the Sea Cath Restaurant is here to serve your individual needs.
- Special Events: Private Dining from 10 - 300 guests
- Cross Street: M Street
- Public Transit: The closest Metro is Foggy Bottom and Rosslyn on the Blue Line. You then can take the Georgetown Connector for $1.00 to M Street and 31st.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 3 hours complimentary parking with validation in designated garage (Constitution Parking). Located right next door to us on 31st Street.
A word from Sea Catch
Experience Georgetown's hidden gem! Located in Canal Square (M St and 31st St), set gently back off of the hustle and bustle of the main road, along the C&O canal, the Sea Catch is one of the oldest seafood restaurants in Georgetown. Request a cozy table near one of our two stone fireplaces or enjoy al fresco dining along the water. Sea Catch is proud to serve only the freshest seafood and has one of the largest Raw Bars in Washington DC, which serves an array of East and West Coast oysters. Dinner Specials change daily to take advantage of the freshest produce available. compliment your dinner with one of our wines featured by the bottle or glass. Enjoy $1 OYSTERS AND HALF PRICE DRINK SPECIALS DURING HAPPY HOUR, Monday through Friday from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. Celebrate Holidays and Special Occasions with a gift certificate from Sea Catch.*SEASONAL OUTDOOR PATIO SEATING!* (available on a first come, first serve basis)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Sea Catch - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Sea Catch reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (72)romantic (66)scenic view (64)special occasion (62)neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (33)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (19)good for groups (19)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The Sea Catch was a great place to eat. Food was delicious and worth the cost. The restaurant was a beautiful place. Only down fall was looking out at the overgrown green creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best experiencesusieDined on 8/22/2014We've been to Sea Catch many times through the years, usually for birthday celebrations. Our last visit was disappointing. The bar was out of several brands, on a Friday night! The wine offerings were disappointing and limited. The food, as always, was excellent, but our server kept disappearing and we had to call her over. This is, sadly, the lowest score I've ever given Sea Catch.
- vivalavidaVIPDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant was just too noisy and too pricey for the very average and salty quality of the of the food they served. It lacked the exquisite cuisine that I expected for an expensive menu. The quality at Silver Diner is even better than this. We din't even bother with dessert.
- Want a good experience?181160VIPDined on 8/20/2014Sea Catch is a wonderful experience for seafood lovers. I take business contacts and family there. And i've never had a bad experience so far. A place to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Weekpparker3Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I made a reservation at 3PM at Sea Catch in Georgetown. The food and service was very good and the atmosphere was excellent. They were out of the bottle of wine we ordered but let us taste another that was comparable. I was really enjoying myself and was a little bothered when we were told we needed to go because it was approaching dinner time. I was enjoying my wine and the atmosphere and wasn't wanting to leave yet. I have been in the restaurant business for over 30 years and would never ask a table to leave. My husband didn't like that either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Winner!RCfromDCVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I had a Saturday Restaurant Week lunch at Sea Catch, which is hidden on 31st St. below M in Georgetown. There is a courtyard for outdoor dining in addition to tables by the canal. We opted to eat indoors. The server was solicitous but had tables both in and outdoors, thus getting his attention was not easy. The other staff who served our food were very good. She had manhattan clam chowder and salmon, i had a large salad and the trout, all very good. We both had sorbet, a modest serving which was the right size to compliment our main meal. We are never disappointed by Sea Catch.Special Features:
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Horribly slow service. We came for lunch and sat there for almost 4 hours because food came out every 1 hour. It was incredibly frustrating since our waiter was hard to track down and it wasn't even busy!Special Features:
- Great FoodJDSmithDined on 8/15/2014The food here is absolutely wonderful. Love it each I come.Special Features:
- Bad Service During Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/15/2014I went to this restaurant during Restaurant Week. Food was great, but I thought the service was poor. The server was neither friendly nor competent, the food took very long to come out. I don't think I'll go back there for a while.Special Features:
- Nice family dinnerChugsDined on 8/14/2014We visited the restaurant during Restaurant Week. The menu choices were very good. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The gazpacho is some of the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lola88Dined on 8/14/2014Service was really slow but the mussels and dessert were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CatchdineontherunDined on 8/14/2014I attended for restaurant and the food was absolutely amazing. Probably the best crab cakes that I have had in a really long time. I think the place was a little short on wait staff and we waited quite a bit for our initial order, but it was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great RW restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/13/2014Enjoyed a nice dinner for Restaurant Week before attending a show at the Kennedy Center. The food was good (mussels could have used a little more flavor/seasoning and the lobster bisque could have had a bit more lobster in it, but the salmon and seafood pasta were both delicious), atmosphere quiet and relaxing, and service very attentive and polite. Definitely a good place to try if you've never been!Special Features:
- An Outstanding RestaurantKAS33Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had the good fortune to be seated on the balcony along the canal. The restaurant offers a wide range of seafood, both among the appetizers and main courses. My wife's grilled shrimp was superb. Interestingly she requested cocktail sauce, but our waiter suggested she try the shrimp without anything extra. as She was very pleased to discover that the dish needed no additional sauce or other flavoring. I am less of a seafood fan, so I opted on steak frites. The non-seafood menu is limited, but quite good. Ironically this was one of the very best steaks I have had. Though tempted by the creme brulee we opted on sharing a mix of fresh berries--a good choice or this meal we found. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect !BernaghDined on 8/8/2014I selected Sea Catch for the last night of our special family holiday to USA from Ireland. Turned out to be perfect and made that little bit special by Dennis our waiter. Food excellent. Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bostonpeteVIPDined on 8/8/2014Sea Catch never fails to deliver. We have been coming here from Boston for several years and every visit is a real treat. Their seafood is cooked to perfection and their oysters are outstanding all coupled with attentive and Caring ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming canal-side settingFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Dinner at this casual but stylish canal-side restaurant was very good. The staff all seemed relatively new, but their enthusiasm and commitment to service was high. The wine list is sufficient, and the prices were reasonable (though not inexpensive) for all items, including food, wine, and cocktails. We had fish, which was very fresh and prepared with enough flavors but not overbearing. In all, a very pleasant meal.Special Features:
- Charming SpotEJ0118Dined on 8/4/2014Meal and ambience worth effort to have a meal in Georgetown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pricey, not so nicey!TrudyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Selected the "large" oysters, they were the size of a dime @ $/ oyster. Husbands spent the big bucks for Prime Rib and they were only fair, have had much better. Ahi Tuna requested 'still swimming', came out overcooked. (They did it over.). Salads were not memorable. Total bill $360 . I don't think so!Special Features:
- AverageJamesVIPDined on 8/2/2014My only complaint was that the hostess didn't check us in on Open Table. Therefore, we had to go through the process of explaining a missed reservation. Otherwise, everything was ok, but nothing was special.
- Medieval place in the midst of GTirisDined on 8/2/2014I’ve been seeing this lovely restaurant on the C&O Canal in Georgetown for so many years but haven’t got a chance to try it until recently – what an amazing discovery! If you get to sit on the back patio facing the canal (as we did), you’ll get to experience the quiet atmosphere of an old medieval city like Bruges in the middle of busy, noise Georgetown. The sea food menu offers variety of choices for all tastes and everything we tried was cooked to perfection and well presented. The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu choices. This place is ideal for couples for a romantic, late night, candle-light dinner or friends met-up lunch over the weekend. We did both and definitely coming back again!Special Features:
- I'm a fan of Sea CatchAnjelinasPicsDined on 7/31/2014Sea Catch is one of those best kept secrets that you really don't want the masses to know about because you want to keep it all for yourself and your special friends. So, I'm a little hesitant to tell you just how amazing it is!! But. Okay, I'll share!!! Make sure you check this restaurant out.. From one foodie to you, this is one of the greats!!!Special Features:
- Reliable Seafood SaladbreakfastloverVIPDined on 7/31/2014Three for lunch. Sat outside. The gazpacho was good; the seafood medley salad was good; the service was goodSpecial Features:
- Oysters and Sea FoodPlanetmikeDined on 7/25/2014This is the place for oyster happy hour or seafood. There is a small outdoor area for seating. Arrive early as, these fill up during the summer months. Excellent wine parings and the staff are knowledgeable.Special Features:
- FriedrichFriedrichDined on 7/25/2014It is very enoying that the reservation for the terrace via open table is not respected by the magement. This happened now twice that the waiter tries to place you in the patio instead on the beautifull canal side!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood, ambience and great staff!foodpickerDined on 7/25/2014Seafood is outstanding and the ambience is great. excellent happy hour and meeting with friends after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dead oysterbadoysterVIPDined on 7/23/2014I have been a regular in this restaurant for 4 years now. This was not a good night for a while. I ordered oyster and the server brought drying dead oysters over to my table. The oyster was not tasty; sadly, the server did not provide options or replacement for my oyster. I was disappointed. A note to the restaurant: I don't pay small drying dead oyster to clear out your inventory. A note to the host: on a SLOW night, please try not to put all the customers on their date together next to each others' table. I cannot enjoy my dinner learning other tables' personal life that I don't care to know.Special Features:
- Great for Date NightsEarnestineDined on 7/18/2014The Sea catch was ideal for our date night. The ambiance, service, and food were excellent. We highly recommend this place for anyone who is seeking a special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOMMYVIPDined on 7/17/2014The canal view in Gtwn is the attraction but unfortunately the food was less than expected. The $20 lobster roll @ Lunch had liquid dripping from it when u bit in- was not properly drained. The NE roll should have been grilled but these was just butter drenched on a roll. It should have had bite side pieces. The lunch menu is very limited but it still took 50 minutes to get out. The filet sandwich was gristly & not suitable as a sandwich- needed knife to cut into it, ordered as medium but came rare & the waiter agreed & apologized. The roll for meant for an 8oz burger- made the 4oz steak loo lost w/ twice as much bread than meat covering the roll. Choc chambord cake was sugary instead of sweet chocolatey & mousse mostly whip cream.
- Mid Week DinnerBradDined on 7/16/2014Sea Catch was a terrific place to have a mid week dinner with friends. The view over the canal was great. Great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth itBethVIPDined on 7/12/2014While the food is no doubt pricey, it is absolutely worth every dime. The crab cakes were absolutely amazing. Our server, Denis, was the perfect combination of attentive, polite, personable & very educated on the menu. The service made the food that much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CatchDocWatsonDined on 7/5/2014Start off with validated parking just feet away and move to great food at fair prices. Party of six, we all were pleased with the service. Toddlers handled well. Drinks are potent. Great night out!
- Eat indoorsOrionHoodDined on 7/4/2014We've visited the Sea Catch often; the food is great and the service is very efficient. On this occasion, it was a nice evening, so we decided to sit outside, on the deck overlooking the C & O Canal -- it was nice to see the turtles and ducks, but the very large rat that climbed up the tree immediately next to our table was pretty disgusting. It put us off our meal....when we visit, we will be eating inside.Special Features:
- Washingtonian gemLailaDined on 6/28/2014Excellent choice to have dinner with my daughter and husband. Food was exceptional and very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for HH oysters and drinksDciscoolDined on 6/27/2014Pretty disappointed in this place. Service was very slow and the entrees were nothing to write home about. The oysters were good and we sat and ate them at the raw bar, where the oyster man was friendly. Howver, the stemware was mot cleN when my glass of wine came, we had to ask for water twice, eyc. It was that sort of place. Not at terrible, but not worth returning to.
- GloriaDined on 6/24/2014My husband- son and I had a very good meal. Sitting outside on the deck overlooking the canal made me forget that I was in the middle of Georgetown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedGoodeatsDined on 6/21/2014Although the restaurant has a very nice decor and free valet parking is great, it was generally a miss. Mussels weren't good, waitress was unfriendly, and food wasn't served all at once. Also, didn't bother to mention parking validation before we left so we had to come back. Generally, enjoyed my company but wouldn't eat here again.
- CincydinoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Recommended by a well known D.C. architect as the "best food in town." And I can vouch that it's consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time. No disappointmentsKilotonDined on 6/14/2014I usually just spend a quiet weekend in D.C. With one of my children. Sea catch is always part of the agenda. This past weekend was the best yet. Solid performer with wonderful welcoming service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafood, great serviceLocalFoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014We returned to the Sea Catch for Father's Day dinner, our 8-month old in tow. We were seated in the back, which worked great for us since we had our stroller along and didn't have to worry about a lot of foot traffic, and was considerate of other diners too. We ordered the seafood tower, which was delightfully, a three-tiered tower with oysters, clams, mussels, the jumbo-est jumbo shrimp cooked perfectly (not rubbery!), jumbo lump crab salad and lobster salad, plus all of the requisite sauces and lemon wedges. We also had the crab cake appetizer and the oysters ceviche, fresh, ivy oysters topped with tomato, onion and cilantro. We had a very enjoyable time and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.