SEA - Brooklyn
114 N 6th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11211Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
SEA - Brooklyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seathainyc.com/sea/brooklyn/
- Phone: 7183848850
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30 am - 12:15 am,
Friday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 1:15 am,
Sunday: 11:30 am - 12:15 am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from SEA - Brooklyn
"East meets west in the 20th century" was the original concept for this Brooklyn restaurant. To bring together great design subtley inspired by the art deco movement of New York in the twenties with Thai cuisine at an unbeatable price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerThai
SEA - Brooklyn - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
SEA - Brooklyn reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (31)hot spot (23)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (18)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (15)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Service1ChocolateDroppahDined on 10/24/2014I love love loved the ambiance! The food was ok, but I was slightly disappointed with the service. We asked several wait staff for assistance at our table before getting what we were asking for about 15 minutes later. I would go back since that's the only time I've been with a service mishap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dip in seaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014If you like Thai food -It's perfect for you. Enjoy the drinks that they have. I've only been there twice and I never had a bad experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing but prettyAnomyDined on 9/10/2014Atmosphere: The atmosphere at SEA is really fun. We were able to sit by the interior pond in the front for a really lovely table. Very beautiful. Club music was slightly too loud for comfortable conversation, but still pretty fun. Food: I had a T-Bone steak and my girlfriend had duck. The duck was fine, nothing exciting. The steak, one side of the bone was fantastic, the other half was inedible. We had some bubble drinks that were tasty, but the bubbles were tough and not great tasting. We had Crab Rangoon for an appetizer and it was fine. It was cheaper than I expected given the location and how many people had recommended the place. But We were both surprised and disappointed at how mediocre it was for the hype.
- Food was just okay this timeBajeeDined on 9/6/2014This is my 2nd time coming to SEA. Last time I came with co-workers and we tried a bunch of different appetizers and foods. This occasion I went with my boyfriend, who has never been to SEA, and this did not leave a lasting impression on him. I ordered Triangle Curry Puffs and chicken and shrimp dumplings. Those were great! I ordered the seafood combo (which had sweet and sour sauce) and my bf ordered the sweet & sour chicken. We both agreed the sauce wasn't that great and I regularly eat Thai food. The drinks we had were great and the dessert I ordered (Green tea cheesecake) was good. The service wasn't that great. There were 3 different waiters taking orders. I'm not sure if this is the norm here or not but it was frustrating.Special Features:
- Good times!MsStushDined on 9/2/2014Perfect location for a family get-together. Wonderful cocktails, appetizers were scrumptious and food was delightful. Great evening as always :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland food. Inattentive staffBenSVIPDined on 8/24/2014Thai food is our favorite food. We are well-versed in the flavors. This food at Sea was bland. It literally had no flavor which is odd for Thai food. I asked for fish sauce to add flavor to my Tom Kha soup and was told there was no fish sauce in the restaurant-- a Thai food staple ingredient! On top of that, I had to ask numerous staff memners for each request as they all seemed to be playing broken telephone instead of just getting me a lime that I asked for. Finally, both me and another member of my party got the same dish. Hers, however, was literally double the size of mine. Both were nice portions of food but it was very strange to see such a huge inconsistency. Our server, Tu, was the only good part of this dining experience.Special Features:
- A place to come back very oftenBabysVIPDined on 8/23/2014Very nice ambience and great food, spices in big portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance isn't everything...tgomezDined on 8/22/2014The hostess gave us the table I had requested next to the pond. It took a while for the server to even greet us…when he came over he didn't introduce himself or ask how we were doing. No pleasantries whatsoever, just simply asked us if we were ready to order. We ordered the Basil Spring rolls and the Green Seafood Wonton for appetizer. Both were..meh. Small portions and the wonton were undercooked and really chewy. For entree we ordered the Drunk Man Noodles and the Panang curry. The noodles were awesome and the highlight of our meal. I wish I had just ordered two of the noodles because the curry was awful: way too salty with only about 6 bites worth of veggies and shrimp. Couldn't even eat it at all. Server never asked how our food was.Special Features:
- New management?YourebayDined on 8/18/2014I have been so this place many times before. For once, the service was pretty good. Love the food hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ghetto fabulous.Hal113VIPDined on 8/17/2014It was like trying to dine in a brooklyn club. The restaurant was too dark. Had to use the candle on the table to view the menu. Food was decent. The one positive thing I can say is that you can't beat the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Atmosphere great service slow food delicious. Overall a good place to go with friends drinks excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Sea has always ber n a favorite to myself and my family and friends. Took a new group this yome and they loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place in a trendy neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014Great ambiance. Try the Pomegranete Mojitos. Food very good and plentiful. After apps and salad, I was full. Coyld have prob split a dinner between the two of us. Within walking distance to the Brookly Bridge and Manahattan Skyline waterview. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, OK servicezizliz22Dined on 8/6/2014I enjoy the vibe of this restaurant with the pond in the center, mood lighting, and unique seating arrangements. The food is well-prepared and moderately priced for standard thai food. The food also came out super fast. We had a bit of a back and forth with our server though because we ordered 2 x brown rice for an extra charge and were given 2 scoops of brown rice and 2 scoops of white rice on a plate and were told "that is what ordering brown rice means" which seemed like a rip-off and also is flat out not what we asked for.Special Features:
- Amazing foodPriceofameDined on 7/20/2014The shots where a little too high priced. Overall it was great enjoyed myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantCaidieDined on 7/16/2014Service was good, environment was nice and food was awesome! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !Defgoin2bbakDined on 7/7/2014Loved this place !! Probably only thing I have to complain about it the fact that my waiter took forever to bring out a soda I ordered after my food , other than that great overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!LizKDined on 7/6/2014Food was delicious!! Loved the décor and service!!Special Features:
- The following 101 reviews are from the SEA - Brooklyn reviews archive.
- greatJanelDined on 7/3/2014Took my friend there for her 21st birthday she had a great time and enjoyed the food. We all loved it !Special Features:
- I in love!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Sea is a must see! Love the food and the atmosphere is amazing. The service is great. I am a new fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraduationTaituDined on 6/24/2014This is great for large groups and great ffod for reasonable proces.Special Features:
- too loudgidgetVIPDined on 6/19/2014Thought that we were going to a serene Thai place-turned out to be a "trendy" loud, clubby type place with bad service and ordinary food. Guess the draw is that a movie, "Garden State" was filmed here. Great.Special Features:
- Dinner DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014This is definitely a beautiful venue, I would book for any occasion wedding, private parties, 1st date and even a speed dating party. Its perfect for a couples anniversary too. Make sure to book reservations and if you are allergic to kids please come atSpecial Features:
- GreatGoodDined on 6/8/2014Excellent- just music too loud. Service was great. Food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodNew10BkDined on 6/5/2014The taste, variety and presentation of food is excellent. Lovely informal atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- know what to orderletMeBeHonestDined on 5/31/2014I used to come here with friends and never really ate much this time I ate way more...get there before 3 and get the lunch special.the pork chop was grilled to perfection the entrée comes with an appetizer I ordered the tum tum fritters so good we ended up ordering another,wings were very good and chicken fried rice was EVERYTHING. I ONLY CAME HERE BECAUSE I TOLD MY SPOUSE THEY HAVE THE BEST MOJITIOS IN THE CITY AND THEY STILL DO! MANGO IS MY FAVORITE. GREAT SERVICE AWESOME FOOD, FANTASTIC PRICES. FOR LOBSTER WITH CHICKEN FRIED RICE 2 APPITIZERS IN ADDITION TO THE TWO THAT CAME WITH THE ENTREES ANOTHER ORDER OF CHICKEN FRIED RICE AND THREE MOJITIOS WE PAID 97.00 BEFORE TIP.Date lunch,or dinner sea (Williamsburg) is the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family dinnerEmiloDined on 5/26/2014i took my family for a dinner here food was good as always but the service was not what i had expected. everyone at the table received there foods all at different times..... there were parties that got there after we did and were served before we were mind you our orders were already taken.... after receiving the bill i noticed the charged there tip already hence why service sucked !!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite, but DisappointedCapriessenceVIPDined on 5/25/2014I've been to SEA a few times for dinner and decided to try it on a Sunday afternoon. Of course the atmosphere is much different from the evening, which is expected. The service was ok, we had to wait for a host to be seated, when she finally greeted us, the phone rang and we were left standing for 2 minutes until another host came over. I had the Massaman curry lunch special, it was ok, but nothing I would come back for. My mom ordered a dish, which she did not like and when she requested to order something else, the waitress kept asking why she did not like it and rudely said that if she orders another dish and does not like it, she will have to pay. Wow. Good value for the lunch special, but I'm in no hurry to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can You Hear Me?ThaiFiendDined on 5/19/2014We went for a Monday dinner in a group of nine, having had excellent, placid experiences at lunch twice before. The music blared so loud that we had to yell even to converse with those right next to us, and group conversation was impossible. The forced yelling throughout the place doubled the totally unnecesary sense of chaos. Fine food and service, but an exhausting experience never to be repeated, even as a couple.
- sea gem.satisfied1Dined on 5/17/2014I love this place.the food is awesome and the price is right.drinks are a little expensive but who cares.I always have a great time when I'm there.this one is on my list of favs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't want to Leave !!eatgoodfeelgoodDined on 5/14/2014One of my favorite restaurants, starting with the decor very creative and the food delicious !! Service not so great, but overall everything great. Amazing experience and i highly recommend it !!!Special Features:
- Sea faringparadigmDined on 5/10/2014Pretty nice time with large group. They could use better fitting table for larger groups. Food was pretty good and overall atmosphere was nice. Some of the food seemed overdone like the lobster and grilled chicken. (you just can't make those ahead of time)Special Features:
- Great foodDebbVIPDined on 4/28/2014Cool decor. It was super easy to make a reservation for 5 on a Monday night. The restaurant is ridiculously dark, but luckily we were sat at the big wooden tables with good lighting. Portions were more than enough. Curry was great. Food came quickly and servers were wonderful. FYI they don't seat your party until everyone's there... even if half the restaurant is empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai foodLanaiaEDined on 4/24/2014I'd recommend anyone looking for great Thai food and amazing ambiance, Sea is a awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food-Service needs improvementRaehelDined on 4/13/2014Good food and nice ambiance. However the service was just ok. The Hostess asked us to wait after confirming my reservation and forgot about us. Some empty seats became available and once we moved to those seat to be in her sight she then remembered. The waitress had many tanles to tend to so service was a bit slow. Overall it was nice, great layout and we made the best of it and enjoyed dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was okay.divaDined on 4/11/2014The food was okay &the drink i had (the mango daquiri) was way too sweet. my friend ordered the pina colada which was also overly sweet. I would say that the overall dining experience was ok. i ordered the jumbo shrimp and had a total of 5 shrimp and veggies with a plate full of gravy. not very appetizing. the music was so loud i had to scream across the table but the ambiance was friendly.Special Features:
- Good spring rollstaylored79VIPDined on 3/28/2014The appetizers were very good (get the basil spring rolls) , but the curry was just ok. It was very noisy because the restaurant was at capacity, and the music was pretty loud.Special Features:
- Club scene with kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014Loud music, fast service, you feel rushed in and out , 10$ plus drinks but cheap food. Very crowded, 20 min wait given. Good food but in 30 mins you'll be served all that you order.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2014Food was delicious and it doesn't hurt your wallet. Good atmosphere and great for a group or date setting.Special Features:
- Beautiful Ambiance.. but that's itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2014The place is romantic and beautiful, has much potential,but their service and food is so subpar. the hostess was rude and insisted we had no reserfvation then I learned later they cancelled it! The waiter was all over the place and we had to keep flagging him down to get his attention. The food was MEH.Then one of our girls joined late and ordered right away as we were served our entrees, we finished our food, had ours packed up and got dessert before her dish of rice even came! no apology, just "oh they gave your dish to another table" uhm... excuse me she's starving and that's all you have to say? Nah-uhn. This is the 2nd time I've been here and will NOT be coming back. WAY better Thai food at other places