800 Seacoast Drive
Imperial Beach, CA 91932Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cohnrestaurants.com/sea180
- Phone: 6196314949x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:30am; Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Irvine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from SEA 180
SEA180° - a coastal tavern, brings contemporary beachfront dining to one of San Diego’s most distinctive locales. With sweeping “180 degree” views of the Coronado Islands, South Bay and Mexico, the name SEA180° was coined from the expansive ocean views visible from every corner of the establishment and is just steps from the stunning Imperial Beach sand. Located on the ground level of Pier South Resort, named for the nearby Imperial Beach pier, SEA180° provides one of the few dining options in San Diego that is truly oceanfront.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
SEA 180 - Best Restaurants in Imperial Beach ›
SEA 180 reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (160)great for outdoor dining (147)special occasion (84)romantic (73)fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (65)great for lunch (58)good for groups (56)great for brunch (28)hot spot (27)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (12)Show More
- 2YtravelDined on 9/28/2014Plenty of food..good potions. Too much sauce on the short ribs. The wine selection was not great...and the two we wanted were not available. They had not been taken off the menu. Service was good...a little slow at times.Special Features:
- Great restarauntOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Enjoyed this place a lot! Great view of the ocean! The food was amazing! And the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and great food!JrncynDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I dined here for our 16th wedding anniversary. I had been to the restaurant for breakfast a few weeks back and was impressed with the food and scenic views! The restaurant is situated right on the beach so the views are beautiful! I had the seared scallops and my husband had the short ribs. Both were EXCELLENT entrees and we highly recommend them! The service and ambiance were excellent! The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because I wanted a pineapple mojito and there were out and I also wanted the brown butter tart and they were out!Special Features:
- Slow Service Needs to ImproveihightowDined on 9/26/2014Came during Restaurant Week and it was very busy when we first arrived so when service started very slow we kind of understood. But our reservation was a 8:00 pm and as we wrapped up for dessert and the place was almost empty the service was still S-L-O-W! Our server was very nice, but we weren't really sure if the problem was the kitchen or our server. Food was good and view was incredible. But you've got to be really patient with the service.Special Features:
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014You are right on the beach and the patio area is great for dining. The drinks were great, wish I could say the same for the food. Many recent experiences at Cohn restaurants leave a lot to be desired as far as the food goes. Mediocre at best, but I will have to say that the Brussel sprouts as an appetizer were out of this world. Too bad everything else after that (party of 4 sharing all our restaurant week courses) was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Left a lot to be desiredFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Our service started out very slow. No waiter appeared for a while and finally the manager had to come to our table to make up for the slowness of the waiter. He was nice and took our drink order and made suggestions on what to order. Then finally the waiter came and once we got our appetizer and food order in everything came so fast like they were rushing us in between courses. The food was good. The location of our table was horrible - on the patio, in the back by the doors. We were cut off from the nice patio vibe we were expecting and right in front of the waiter station. At time the waiters seemed to all get together and complain or chit chat which took away from the enjoyment of our meal. Overall not the best experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retired BTCMmikeret9Dined on 9/25/2014Will be back for more!!! Great addition to IB! The Brussels Sprouts are a must have!Special Features:
- Great spot and great food!Joebu11211Dined on 9/23/2014My wife and I wanted to try Sea 180 as we are fans of the other Cohn restaurants and enjoy trying new places. We decided to try it out during restaurant week to sample a few different dishes. We were able to try the shrimp "risotto" as well as the chicken mac and cheese. Both were delicious! Our waitress was great! Friendly, always there when something was needed, but not overwhelming. We will definitely come back to Sea 180!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekDroneganDined on 9/23/2014Generous portions - I got three meals out of the short ribs and roasted Brussels sprouts. Food was excellent!Special Features:
- ocean-view restolaineDined on 9/22/2014Over all the scenic view of the ocean is perfectly romantic... food is delish... plus the service was absolutely good... everyone is very helpful and welcomy... totally recommend it to someone.. specially for someone thatbis looking for a romantic and lovely view...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GorgeousNeenerneneDined on 9/22/2014You completely forgot you were in Imperial Beach. Gorgeous restaurant inside and out and lovely wait staff. We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful menu and view!MadiDined on 9/21/2014We came here to try the restaurant week menu, and were not the least bit disappointed! We had the brussels sprouts appetizer which had an awesome flavor, but the sauce was a little bit heavy for me. The leftovers made for a delicious breakfast the next morning mixed with eggs :) For dinner, I had the best salmon I have ever had in my life! Came with a watermelon salsa over farro and it was absolutely divine! I don't eat grains or dairy, and the restaurant was extremely accommodating, and even gave me a bowl of yummy fruit for dessert. Can't wait to go back and catch sunset next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Cohen success story!DevotedDinerDined on 9/21/2014SEA 180 is a delightful addition to the Cohen family's impressive and ever-growing group. Even if you don't count the lovely sunset over the ocean, the ambiance is great. We chose not to wait for an outside table, but we will return to experience that some day soon for lunch. The food was beautifully prepared, and the servers had just the right combination of professionalism and personality.Special Features:
- Good Food. Meh Service.JennDined on 9/21/2014Went with the family for dinner here and took advantage of the restaurant week menu. Brussels sprouts and spicy salmon dynamite were absolutely delicious. I enjoyed the salmon. Everyone else at the table had the short ribs. They let me knowthe meat was a little on the dry side, drowning in a strong salty sauce. Either way, the food was still good, but what brought the experience down was the service. The manager and our server started out strong. But after we received our main entree, it was as if the abundance of servers and the bussers disappeared. It took forever to get our mediocre desserts and to resolve some of the extra charges that appeared on our bill. Sea180 is still a good try, just bring your patience esp when it is busy.Special Features:
- Breakfast on Sunday morningBirthday46Dined on 9/21/2014Had the FARM FRITATA and it was perfect as well as the Sticky Bun. Our server was friendly and professional. She failed to replace/refill coffee in a timely manner. Had to request more coffee and new cup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service for cosrOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014service was not good for what you are paying, we had to get up and ask someone if they could get our drinks, my mom asked for salsa that we got after we were done eating and 2 of our orders were wrong.Special Features:
- Great Date in San DiegoGrinchDined on 9/19/2014We were in San Diego for some business and a romantic weekend and wanted to find some nice outdoor dining. I stumbled across SEA 180 and made the reservation. Like a dummy I neglected to specify outdoors. Anyway, we drove down and it was easy to find. We requested outdoor seating and for a Friday night at 7:30 was pleasantly surprised to be immediately accommodated. We shared an appetizer and each thoroughly enjoyed each course. The wine list was good and the mark-up wasn't too bad. I did think they could have spread the tables out a bit more to take advantage of the deck and views of the ocean...this was San Diego after all and the weather is always perfect. We missed the sunset but still a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Disappointing show by Cohn groupSDdinerDined on 9/19/2014I was extremely disappointed and underwhelmed by my first visit to Sea 180. I've dined at almost every Cohn restaurant in San Diego and this one falls far short of the standard. I was unaware that reservations are only for indoor seating so we were very disappointed to not sit on the scenic patio. That is the draw...the food is not worth the trip. Our server was friendly but extremely slow. We waited 5 minutes for her to even show up and introduce herself. We had to flag her down several times for refills. Not what you expect at a "fine dining" restaurant. But the worst part was the extremely bland food. Every entree, even those that cost $30, were underseasoned. This is not a place I will try again. For $250, I expect much more.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dateoldgeez2Dined on 9/17/2014We spent our 54th anniversary there and enjoyed it very much. Food and service was good but our appetizer selection was just OK for the price we paid. Atmosphere was enhanced by the setting sun. Overall, a nice place to go and would definitely recommend. Note: Our reservation alert confirmation was unsettling because it had us confirmed at the Seasons 52 in Orlando, FL...not Sea 180 in Imperial Beach, CA. We had the original confirmation printed so we were not worried, just one of those computer glitches that should be watched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth another visitvcfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Went late. Want to revisit at sunset as I think it would be awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dch650Dined on 9/13/2014Brittney was friendly and provided terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great view!1happybellyVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was perfectly prepared and delicious. I chose a "sea starter" and an appetizer because the selection was so exciting. The grilled oysters were quite unique with their jalapeno bearnaise sauce and I really loved the tender and flavorful duck “canarditas” quesadilla appetizer. Besides the menu selections, the view of the pier and beach is incredible from the dining room and outdoor terrace. They serve many of my favorite wines by the glass so another plus.Special Features:
- perfect birthday dinnerfoodie1986Dined on 9/11/2014I made reservations for mom moms birthday. everything was perfect. our server was on point and had a great attitude. everyone working there was very accommodating and helpful. They all congratulated my mom and she felt like a million bucks. The food was nothing short of amazing! And of course the sunset was a great addition to an already wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Great patio diningZoomdivaDined on 9/10/2014Our party of 6 was seated on the patio. The beach was just over the short wall. Great sunset view. The tables are not crowded together which is a great plus. Food and appetizers were great. In addition to grilled oysters, the table finished off two appetizers of delicious grilled Brussels sprouts. Live music played until 8 pm. That was the only drawback - it was too loud - but didn't last long.Special Features:
- lunch specialRosieoDined on 9/10/2014We had a lovely lunch here with an out of town guest. The setting, food, and service were wonderful!Special Features:
- Hot Food Cold AmbiancejjamDined on 9/7/2014Celebrated 40th anniversary at Sea 180. Ocean views breath taking. Food up to Cohn expectations. Restaurant. Cold, dull, concrete slab with repressive concrete ceiling above. Give this place some ambiance.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceyoyozmDined on 9/6/2014Food is good！ choose to stay gets wonderful memories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceadambritVIPDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the view of the ocean and beach great. The food unfortunately was a big let down. The flatbread crust was dry and fell apart. The meatballs and sauce had no flavor. The coleslaw on the chicken sandwich plate was so bland that we did not eat it and the sandwich was very average. The french fries were good. We told the manager who comped both entrees which was not expected but a very nice gesture. Service was average.
- Can't beat beach front-dining!beachlvrDined on 9/5/2014In Cali for girls trip & made reservations week before vacay. Req outside patio seating. Upon arrival hostess said she saw from my reservation I wanted outdoor seating but they dont take reservations for the patio. What?! Their website didn't specify that (so FYI to my fellow diners). A courtesy call would've been a nice heads up so we could've arrived earlier. (We were going to DMB concert after so on a time schedule). She said bc we had a reservation we'd get priority on existing patio wait list. Waited at bar (my friend said her mojito was one of best she's had) and all worked out as we were seated at a table on patio in 20 min. Phenomenal view, food was yummy, server fabulously attentive. Will be back next year!!Special Features:
- OutstandingLindaDined on 9/4/2014This was our 1st visit to this lovely restaurant, I've been telling everyone we know to visit and enjoy. Imperial Beach is a hidden gem, like beach communities of the past. This will not be our last visit.Special Features:
- Great food, great viewArnieDined on 8/31/2014Restaurant sits right on Imperial Beach with a panoramic view of the ocean including the pier. Food was delicious. Get the roasted Brussels sprouts or the mussels appetizer. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic view, ok food.ADNRDined on 8/30/2014As its a Cohn restaurant, we thought that the food had to be amazing, my risotto with shrimp needed quite a bit of the table salt and pepper which should be unnecessary. The grilled oysters were just ok, because the bacon on top seemed like salad topping, not fresh. The pork rib eye was cooked uneven, but the sauce was good. Overall the service and bathrooms were impeccable and worth 5 stars. The view is one of the best in county!! Will go back in hopes they improve the specifics to match the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scallops to die for!!powaycpaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was very good. Ask for Joey to be your server...he is amazing. We arrived after sunset so we were not able to enjoy the view, so be sure to get there early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning locationwiseguiseDined on 8/29/2014We hadn't been to Imperial Beach in years and the renaissance is remarkable! IB has earned it's Cohn restaurant. The surf was in your face from every seat. The service was swift and knowledgeable and the menu had something for everybody. I had the Ahi tuna tacos, which were delicious, but they were placed directly on a wooden board. This was a little off putting as I don't know they can sanitize the boards between customers. I would have preferred to see a banana leaf or some other disposable cover on the board or put it on a regular plate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Service was good I felt the server should have a better knowledge of the menu, I have dined at all of the restaurants in this group and felt that I was not enticed to try anything new on the menu. Prompt service courteous hostess nice view . Just not specialSpecial Features:
- Sunset diningtortuga27Dined on 8/23/2014Though we'd hope to have an outside table or a window seat, our table for four in the mid-dining area still had enough of a view to enjoy the Sunset. Friends had suggested we try the roasted brussells sprouts and they were definitely a great appetizer along with a wonderful hummus dip with pita. I had a plate of scallops served over little round cakes of fried risotto, that I actually mistook for more scallops at first. They were exactly the same size and color...and all were delicious. I tasted my daughter-in-laws braised short ribs served over mashed potatoes...very tender with a great sauce. The other two both had the fish and chips and said the fish was moist and the batter very crisp and not oily. Over all a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- CUMPLEANITOSDined on 8/23/2014Our first time...we enjoyed it. We liked it very much that you had valet parking....The service was great and the food good. We will bring our husbands next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SpotluluDined on 8/17/2014We had brunch at Sea 180 for my sister's birthday. It was such a gorgeous spot looking out at the blue ocean. The food was perfect and our server was super friendly and attentive. She even brought a dessert to go for my sister in honor of her birthday. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find despite front of the house..VAS911Dined on 8/16/2014..issues with hostesses - though wait service was excellent... Reservation was confused & then forgotten until we reminded the hostess that we had one and had asked about seating outside. They then told us (not when we checked in) that the reservations did not apply to outside seating. Though disappointed the restaurant just happened to be in the hotel we were staying at so it was all good. We had breakfast once & two different dinners there and the three of us tried different entrees & enjoyed them all. The bacon jam (on scallops and burger) was delicious and different and the appetizers (duck quesadillas & meatball flatbread) were very good as well though we would skip the chowder on a return trip. Overall, for Imperial Beach, a find!Special Features:
- Great for with amazing view!DowntowndinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014The location here is beautiful. Practically on the sand protected by a clear wall of glass. The patio seating is perfectly spaced and the service was attentive. Food great - everyone in our party was pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.