800 Seacoast Drive
Imperial Beach, CA 91932Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cohnrestaurants.com/sea180
- Phone: 6196314949x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:30am; Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Irvine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from SEA 180
SEA180° - a coastal tavern, brings contemporary beachfront dining to one of San Diego’s most distinctive locales. With sweeping “180 degree” views of the Coronado Islands, South Bay and Mexico, the name SEA180° was coined from the expansive ocean views visible from every corner of the establishment and is just steps from the stunning Imperial Beach sand. Located on the ground level of Pier South Resort, named for the nearby Imperial Beach pier, SEA180° provides one of the few dining options in San Diego that is truly oceanfront.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
SEA 180 - Best Restaurants in Imperial Beach ›
SEA 180 reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (140)great for outdoor dining (131)special occasion (80)romantic (68)fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (60)great for lunch (51)good for groups (51)hot spot (25)great for brunch (23)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great place for dinner and drinks. Loved the beach sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Our server was beyond nice he was quick efficient and the view is beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grazing at its BestNadoBobVIPDined on 10/24/2014We recently entertained some friends from out of town at SEA 180 and they were impressed! We have been here several times since they first opened and have been pleased with the results. Lunch I believe is the best time to visit as it is not too crowded and you can pick and choose you table. Dinning at night the booths indoors are too dark and you can't make out the ocean scenery; best to go outdoors or at least on the window line. The prices for the food is reasonable and within range, however the price for a glass of wine is steep. Finally every time we order a cocktail or glass of wine before the meal the service is ungodly slow. Yet the bartender doesn't look busy; go figure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful sunsetchas980VIPDined on 10/23/2014Had dinner here Thursday evening. Very good food, service and view of a wonderful sunset.Special Features:
- MrBiffEsqMrBiffEsqDined on 10/21/2014Improves every time we go and we live two blocks away. At first food wasn't good, too little, too exprensive, not so hot. Didn't match we we had thought might be CLevel (Sea Level?). Now it has changed and fine. This last time we had the $39 Tuesday night special and that is really a great for locals.Special Features:
- AnnemDined on 10/18/2014This was our first time here. Brussel sprouts were good. Lobster Mac and cheese had no flavor and the lobster was chewy and didn't tatse good. I had the bison and pork meatballs and they were not good. The texture of the meatball was mushy and the sauce was just so so and there wasn't much of it. Scallops and risotto with shrimp were tasty as well as the lobster bisque. The food came out quickly but a lot of it was not hot. We ordered the apple cherry crisp for dessert and it was not hot.
- GREAT FOR DATE NIGHTSbanjolaniDined on 10/17/2014Check out this hidden gem in Imperial Beach! Very romantic and the view of the ocean was very nice!!Food was great too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exactly what I wantedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Was looking for a great all around restaurant by the ocean. Found it. Menu had something for everyone and all of our party of fives eclectic tastes were satisfied. I forget our waitresses name at the moment but she was from Philly and probably remembers a good ribbing from these Jersey boys. She was very attentive and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eaterySeaLoverDined on 10/14/2014We had a table right on the beach, watched the sun set, ate till we were completely full and loved every minute. Great wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for sunset dinner!dadabqDined on 10/13/2014This restaurant was an unexpected find in Imperial Beach. Ask for a table on the patio. 180 in SEA180 refers to the views of the ocean...180 degrees! Time your visit for sunset as it is spectacular! Great food! Great ambiance. We will hit this one again on our next trip to San Diego!Special Features:
- A Great Surprise In Imperial BeachCaliforniaLeslieDined on 10/9/2014When you think of down-at-the-heels Imperial Beach, you don't think of fine food. This Cohn restaurant right on the beach is a welcome surprise. The food was great. The service was friendly. The outside dining area is right on the beach. Welcome to South bay.Special Features:
- Romantic Anniv DinnerVikaDined on 10/8/2014We stayed at the Pier South Hotel after dinner. Had a wonderful breakfast outdoors the next day. Pre dinner we sat on the patio and had a drink. Listened to some guitarists/singers. Very nice! Highly recommend SEA 180. I asked for recipe for vinegarette and happily got it.Special Features:
- great food with a viewIn2FoodDined on 10/2/2014Food was delicious great service gorgeous ocean viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotGoodFoodsGoodFriendsDined on 9/30/2014I visited it for lunch, so it wasn't too busy. I had seat outside in the shade, with a great view of the ocean and few hotties walking by. The lamb slide was good and love the seasoned fries. Food was good, view was good, and service was great.Special Features:
- 2YtravelDined on 9/28/2014Plenty of food..good potions. Too much sauce on the short ribs. The wine selection was not great...and the two we wanted were not available. They had not been taken off the menu. Service was good...a little slow at times.Special Features:
- Great restarauntCaliBoy44Dined on 9/28/2014Enjoyed this place a lot! Great view of the ocean! The food was amazing! And the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and great food!JrncynDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I dined here for our 16th wedding anniversary. I had been to the restaurant for breakfast a few weeks back and was impressed with the food and scenic views! The restaurant is situated right on the beach so the views are beautiful! I had the seared scallops and my husband had the short ribs. Both were EXCELLENT entrees and we highly recommend them! The service and ambiance were excellent! The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because I wanted a pineapple mojito and there were out and I also wanted the brown butter tart and they were out!Special Features:
- Slow Service Needs to ImproveihightowDined on 9/26/2014Came during Restaurant Week and it was very busy when we first arrived so when service started very slow we kind of understood. But our reservation was a 8:00 pm and as we wrapped up for dessert and the place was almost empty the service was still S-L-O-W! Our server was very nice, but we weren't really sure if the problem was the kitchen or our server. Food was good and view was incredible. But you've got to be really patient with the service.Special Features:
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014You are right on the beach and the patio area is great for dining. The drinks were great, wish I could say the same for the food. Many recent experiences at Cohn restaurants leave a lot to be desired as far as the food goes. Mediocre at best, but I will have to say that the Brussel sprouts as an appetizer were out of this world. Too bad everything else after that (party of 4 sharing all our restaurant week courses) was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Left a lot to be desiredFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Our service started out very slow. No waiter appeared for a while and finally the manager had to come to our table to make up for the slowness of the waiter. He was nice and took our drink order and made suggestions on what to order. Then finally the waiter came and once we got our appetizer and food order in everything came so fast like they were rushing us in between courses. The food was good. The location of our table was horrible - on the patio, in the back by the doors. We were cut off from the nice patio vibe we were expecting and right in front of the waiter station. At time the waiters seemed to all get together and complain or chit chat which took away from the enjoyment of our meal. Overall not the best experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retired BTCMmikeret9Dined on 9/25/2014Will be back for more!!! Great addition to IB! The Brussels Sprouts are a must have!Special Features:
- Great spot and great food!Joebu11211Dined on 9/23/2014My wife and I wanted to try Sea 180 as we are fans of the other Cohn restaurants and enjoy trying new places. We decided to try it out during restaurant week to sample a few different dishes. We were able to try the shrimp "risotto" as well as the chicken mac and cheese. Both were delicious! Our waitress was great! Friendly, always there when something was needed, but not overwhelming. We will definitely come back to Sea 180!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekDroneganDined on 9/23/2014Generous portions - I got three meals out of the short ribs and roasted Brussels sprouts. Food was excellent!Special Features:
- ocean-view restolaineDined on 9/22/2014Over all the scenic view of the ocean is perfectly romantic... food is delish... plus the service was absolutely good... everyone is very helpful and welcomy... totally recommend it to someone.. specially for someone thatbis looking for a romantic and lovely view...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GorgeousNeenerneneDined on 9/22/2014You completely forgot you were in Imperial Beach. Gorgeous restaurant inside and out and lovely wait staff. We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful menu and view!MadiDined on 9/21/2014We came here to try the restaurant week menu, and were not the least bit disappointed! We had the brussels sprouts appetizer which had an awesome flavor, but the sauce was a little bit heavy for me. The leftovers made for a delicious breakfast the next morning mixed with eggs :) For dinner, I had the best salmon I have ever had in my life! Came with a watermelon salsa over farro and it was absolutely divine! I don't eat grains or dairy, and the restaurant was extremely accommodating, and even gave me a bowl of yummy fruit for dessert. Can't wait to go back and catch sunset next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Cohen success story!DevotedDinerDined on 9/21/2014SEA 180 is a delightful addition to the Cohen family's impressive and ever-growing group. Even if you don't count the lovely sunset over the ocean, the ambiance is great. We chose not to wait for an outside table, but we will return to experience that some day soon for lunch. The food was beautifully prepared, and the servers had just the right combination of professionalism and personality.Special Features:
- Good Food. Meh Service.JennDined on 9/21/2014Went with the family for dinner here and took advantage of the restaurant week menu. Brussels sprouts and spicy salmon dynamite were absolutely delicious. I enjoyed the salmon. Everyone else at the table had the short ribs. They let me knowthe meat was a little on the dry side, drowning in a strong salty sauce. Either way, the food was still good, but what brought the experience down was the service. The manager and our server started out strong. But after we received our main entree, it was as if the abundance of servers and the bussers disappeared. It took forever to get our mediocre desserts and to resolve some of the extra charges that appeared on our bill. Sea180 is still a good try, just bring your patience esp when it is busy.Special Features:
- Breakfast on Sunday morningBirthday46Dined on 9/21/2014Had the FARM FRITATA and it was perfect as well as the Sticky Bun. Our server was friendly and professional. She failed to replace/refill coffee in a timely manner. Had to request more coffee and new cup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service for cosrOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014service was not good for what you are paying, we had to get up and ask someone if they could get our drinks, my mom asked for salsa that we got after we were done eating and 2 of our orders were wrong.Special Features:
- Great Date in San DiegoGrinchDined on 9/19/2014We were in San Diego for some business and a romantic weekend and wanted to find some nice outdoor dining. I stumbled across SEA 180 and made the reservation. Like a dummy I neglected to specify outdoors. Anyway, we drove down and it was easy to find. We requested outdoor seating and for a Friday night at 7:30 was pleasantly surprised to be immediately accommodated. We shared an appetizer and each thoroughly enjoyed each course. The wine list was good and the mark-up wasn't too bad. I did think they could have spread the tables out a bit more to take advantage of the deck and views of the ocean...this was San Diego after all and the weather is always perfect. We missed the sunset but still a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Disappointing show by Cohn groupSDdinerDined on 9/19/2014I was extremely disappointed and underwhelmed by my first visit to Sea 180. I've dined at almost every Cohn restaurant in San Diego and this one falls far short of the standard. I was unaware that reservations are only for indoor seating so we were very disappointed to not sit on the scenic patio. That is the draw...the food is not worth the trip. Our server was friendly but extremely slow. We waited 5 minutes for her to even show up and introduce herself. We had to flag her down several times for refills. Not what you expect at a "fine dining" restaurant. But the worst part was the extremely bland food. Every entree, even those that cost $30, were underseasoned. This is not a place I will try again. For $250, I expect much more.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dateoldgeez2Dined on 9/17/2014We spent our 54th anniversary there and enjoyed it very much. Food and service was good but our appetizer selection was just OK for the price we paid. Atmosphere was enhanced by the setting sun. Overall, a nice place to go and would definitely recommend. Note: Our reservation alert confirmation was unsettling because it had us confirmed at the Seasons 52 in Orlando, FL...not Sea 180 in Imperial Beach, CA. We had the original confirmation printed so we were not worried, just one of those computer glitches that should be watched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth another visitvcfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Went late. Want to revisit at sunset as I think it would be awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dch650Dined on 9/13/2014Brittney was friendly and provided terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great view!1happybellyVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was perfectly prepared and delicious. I chose a "sea starter" and an appetizer because the selection was so exciting. The grilled oysters were quite unique with their jalapeno bearnaise sauce and I really loved the tender and flavorful duck “canarditas” quesadilla appetizer. Besides the menu selections, the view of the pier and beach is incredible from the dining room and outdoor terrace. They serve many of my favorite wines by the glass so another plus.Special Features:
- perfect birthday dinnerfoodie1986Dined on 9/11/2014I made reservations for mom moms birthday. everything was perfect. our server was on point and had a great attitude. everyone working there was very accommodating and helpful. They all congratulated my mom and she felt like a million bucks. The food was nothing short of amazing! And of course the sunset was a great addition to an already wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Great patio diningZoomdivaDined on 9/10/2014Our party of 6 was seated on the patio. The beach was just over the short wall. Great sunset view. The tables are not crowded together which is a great plus. Food and appetizers were great. In addition to grilled oysters, the table finished off two appetizers of delicious grilled Brussels sprouts. Live music played until 8 pm. That was the only drawback - it was too loud - but didn't last long.Special Features:
- lunch specialRosieoDined on 9/10/2014We had a lovely lunch here with an out of town guest. The setting, food, and service were wonderful!Special Features:
- Hot Food Cold AmbiancejjamDined on 9/7/2014Celebrated 40th anniversary at Sea 180. Ocean views breath taking. Food up to Cohn expectations. Restaurant. Cold, dull, concrete slab with repressive concrete ceiling above. Give this place some ambiance.Special Features: