800 Seacoast Drive
Imperial Beach, CA 91932Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cohnrestaurants.com/sea180
- Phone: 6196314949x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:30am; Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Irvine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from SEA 180
SEA180° - a coastal tavern, brings contemporary beachfront dining to one of San Diego’s most distinctive locales. With sweeping “180 degree” views of the Coronado Islands, South Bay and Mexico, the name SEA180° was coined from the expansive ocean views visible from every corner of the establishment and is just steps from the stunning Imperial Beach sand. Located on the ground level of Pier South Resort, named for the nearby Imperial Beach pier, SEA180° provides one of the few dining options in San Diego that is truly oceanfront.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
SEA 180 - Best Restaurants in Imperial Beach ›
SEA 180 reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (138)great for outdoor dining (130)special occasion (78)romantic (69)fit for foodies (64)great for lunch (60)neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (52)great for brunch (32)hot spot (25)notable wine list (22)kid-friendly (18)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (13)Show More
- Anniversary DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We spent our 54th anniversary there and enjoyed it very much. Food and service was good but our appetizer selection was just OK for the price we paid. Atmosphere was enhanced by the setting sun. Overall, a nice place to go and would definitely recommend. Note: Our reservation alert confirmation was unsettling because it had us confirmed at the Seasons 52 in Orlando, FL...not Sea 180 in Imperial Beach, CA. We had the original confirmation printed so we were not worried, just one of those computer glitches that should be watched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth another visitvcfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Went late. Want to revisit at sunset as I think it would be awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dch650Dined on 9/13/2014Brittney was friendly and provided terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great view!1happybellyVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was perfectly prepared and delicious. I chose a "sea starter" and an appetizer because the selection was so exciting. The grilled oysters were quite unique with their jalapeno bearnaise sauce and I really loved the tender and flavorful duck “canarditas” quesadilla appetizer. Besides the menu selections, the view of the pier and beach is incredible from the dining room and outdoor terrace. They serve many of my favorite wines by the glass so another plus.Special Features:
- perfect birthday dinnerfoodie1986Dined on 9/11/2014I made reservations for mom moms birthday. everything was perfect. our server was on point and had a great attitude. everyone working there was very accommodating and helpful. They all congratulated my mom and she felt like a million bucks. The food was nothing short of amazing! And of course the sunset was a great addition to an already wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Great patio diningZoomdivaDined on 9/10/2014Our party of 6 was seated on the patio. The beach was just over the short wall. Great sunset view. The tables are not crowded together which is a great plus. Food and appetizers were great. In addition to grilled oysters, the table finished off two appetizers of delicious grilled Brussels sprouts. Live music played until 8 pm. That was the only drawback - it was too loud - but didn't last long.Special Features:
- lunch specialRosieoDined on 9/10/2014We had a lovely lunch here with an out of town guest. The setting, food, and service were wonderful!Special Features:
- Hot Food Cold AmbiancejjamDined on 9/7/2014Celebrated 40th anniversary at Sea 180. Ocean views breath taking. Food up to Cohn expectations. Restaurant. Cold, dull, concrete slab with repressive concrete ceiling above. Give this place some ambiance.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceyoyozmDined on 9/6/2014Food is good！ choose to stay gets wonderful memories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceadambritVIPDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the view of the ocean and beach great. The food unfortunately was a big let down. The flatbread crust was dry and fell apart. The meatballs and sauce had no flavor. The coleslaw on the chicken sandwich plate was so bland that we did not eat it and the sandwich was very average. The french fries were good. We told the manager who comped both entrees which was not expected but a very nice gesture. Service was average.
- Can't beat beach front-dining!beachlvrDined on 9/5/2014In Cali for girls trip & made reservations week before vacay. Req outside patio seating. Upon arrival hostess said she saw from my reservation I wanted outdoor seating but they dont take reservations for the patio. What?! Their website didn't specify that (so FYI to my fellow diners). A courtesy call would've been a nice heads up so we could've arrived earlier. (We were going to DMB concert after so on a time schedule). She said bc we had a reservation we'd get priority on existing patio wait list. Waited at bar (my friend said her mojito was one of best she's had) and all worked out as we were seated at a table on patio in 20 min. Phenomenal view, food was yummy, server fabulously attentive. Will be back next year!!Special Features:
- OutstandingLindaDined on 9/4/2014This was our 1st visit to this lovely restaurant, I've been telling everyone we know to visit and enjoy. Imperial Beach is a hidden gem, like beach communities of the past. This will not be our last visit.Special Features:
- Great food, great viewArnieDined on 8/31/2014Restaurant sits right on Imperial Beach with a panoramic view of the ocean including the pier. Food was delicious. Get the roasted Brussels sprouts or the mussels appetizer. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic view, ok food.ADNRDined on 8/30/2014As its a Cohn restaurant, we thought that the food had to be amazing, my risotto with shrimp needed quite a bit of the table salt and pepper which should be unnecessary. The grilled oysters were just ok, because the bacon on top seemed like salad topping, not fresh. The pork rib eye was cooked uneven, but the sauce was good. Overall the service and bathrooms were impeccable and worth 5 stars. The view is one of the best in county!! Will go back in hopes they improve the specifics to match the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scallops to die for!!powaycpaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was very good. Ask for Joey to be your server...he is amazing. We arrived after sunset so we were not able to enjoy the view, so be sure to get there early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning locationwiseguiseDined on 8/29/2014We hadn't been to Imperial Beach in years and the renaissance is remarkable! IB has earned it's Cohn restaurant. The surf was in your face from every seat. The service was swift and knowledgeable and the menu had something for everybody. I had the Ahi tuna tacos, which were delicious, but they were placed directly on a wooden board. This was a little off putting as I don't know they can sanitize the boards between customers. I would have preferred to see a banana leaf or some other disposable cover on the board or put it on a regular plate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Service was good I felt the server should have a better knowledge of the menu, I have dined at all of the restaurants in this group and felt that I was not enticed to try anything new on the menu. Prompt service courteous hostess nice view . Just not specialSpecial Features:
- Sunset diningtortuga27Dined on 8/23/2014Though we'd hope to have an outside table or a window seat, our table for four in the mid-dining area still had enough of a view to enjoy the Sunset. Friends had suggested we try the roasted brussells sprouts and they were definitely a great appetizer along with a wonderful hummus dip with pita. I had a plate of scallops served over little round cakes of fried risotto, that I actually mistook for more scallops at first. They were exactly the same size and color...and all were delicious. I tasted my daughter-in-laws braised short ribs served over mashed potatoes...very tender with a great sauce. The other two both had the fish and chips and said the fish was moist and the batter very crisp and not oily. Over all a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- CUMPLEANITOSDined on 8/23/2014Our first time...we enjoyed it. We liked it very much that you had valet parking....The service was great and the food good. We will bring our husbands next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SpotluluDined on 8/17/2014We had brunch at Sea 180 for my sister's birthday. It was such a gorgeous spot looking out at the blue ocean. The food was perfect and our server was super friendly and attentive. She even brought a dessert to go for my sister in honor of her birthday. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find despite front of the house..VAS911Dined on 8/16/2014..issues with hostesses - though wait service was excellent... Reservation was confused & then forgotten until we reminded the hostess that we had one and had asked about seating outside. They then told us (not when we checked in) that the reservations did not apply to outside seating. Though disappointed the restaurant just happened to be in the hotel we were staying at so it was all good. We had breakfast once & two different dinners there and the three of us tried different entrees & enjoyed them all. The bacon jam (on scallops and burger) was delicious and different and the appetizers (duck quesadillas & meatball flatbread) were very good as well though we would skip the chowder on a return trip. Overall, for Imperial Beach, a find!Special Features:
- Great for with amazing view!DowntowndinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014The location here is beautiful. Practically on the sand protected by a clear wall of glass. The patio seating is perfectly spaced and the service was attentive. Food great - everyone in our party was pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointednancVIPDined on 8/15/2014We reserved a romantic ocean view table, but we got a table by the door and had to completely scrunch down to see a glimpse of the ocean! When we stated our disappointment, were told the patio was for open seating only and the wait for a table would be extremely long. So having no choice we had to celebrate our Anniversary at this terrible table. Things only go worse. The waiter was a nice guy, but gave spotty service. Many times we would see him standing outside just gazing at the ocean for long periods of time. He was not very familiar with the wine list. The food was ok, very underseasoned.Special Features:
- amazing ocean viewrinadrew2931Dined on 8/15/2014i chose Sea 180 for my boyfriends 31st birthday. it was our first time there and I requested outdoor seating with a view which we were granted. it was 6 pm and the view was amazing but the sun was bright and hot and we had no umbrella like the rest of the tables. our waitress was great. she was knowledgeable about the wine list and helped me choose a wine of my liking. we ordered the humus for an appetizer and that was phenomenal. she even brought out extra pita bread and cheese. the mushroom ravioli and shrimp risotto were just okay. I was a bit disappointed with the entrées. they did however keep our water glasses full and brought out a complimentary dessert for his birthday. we will definitely go back and try something else on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambiencesoupconDined on 8/13/2014The food is absolutely wonderful. I have now been to SEA180 about 5 times. The service was not as good this time. Unfortunately I picked an evening that had an outdoor band and I had chosen to sit outdoors. The band was good but it was impossible to have any conversation. We could not hear the waitress nor could we hear the manager who diligently makes his rounds to check on everyone. I kept waiting for the band to take a break but they didn't. I expect bands on weekends but not mid week. I will now ask before I go. The service seems to be slipping since it opened. I must emphasize the food is what makes me return...at least for now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD, FABULOUS VIEWSPhyllisDined on 8/12/2014Wonderful lunch, nice menu. Something for everyone. You cannot beat the views, feels like you are sitting directly on the ocean. Would highly recommend for both lunch & dinner. Going back again real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBibiDined on 8/10/2014We were impressed! The restaurant is very nicely furnished. The food was excellent. We were a group of 7 and each of us tried something different. Everything tasted very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat niteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Lindsey was our server and did an excellent job. My sister and friend had the Yellowtail special and it was delicious. I had the chicken asada and it was a feast. We started with the brussel sprouts and lobster bisque and they were perfect. We ended with Panna Cotta which was to die for.Special Features:
- Best view in San DiegofoodieDined on 8/9/2014Right on the sand, the setting is astounding. The service was outstanding. The meals did not match however. The fish tacos had a strange seasoning and the hamburger was overlooked. Our friend with a beet salad loved her lunch entree. We have been here several times and always experienced the same mixed opinion of our meals. We will keep retuning for the marvelous view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- She felt very specialJustWantToShareDined on 8/9/2014I took my elderly friend for her birthday. The staff was very attentive. Though we had requested indoor seating my friend changed her mind. The host said no problem and moved us to a beautiful, ocean front patio table We ordered seafood cocktail and lobster macaroni for starters. Portions were generous, very fresh and tasty. We had the bison meatballs for our entree and they were moist and very tender. Though we shared everything there was so much food that we each had something to take home. The server then surprised my friend with dessert and joined in singing Happy birthday. My dear friend left Sea180 with a glow to her face and practically floated out the door. Because of this I wish that I could give Sea 180 5.5 stars. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow The Views & Food Can't Be Beat!FriendlyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Simply another fabulous Cohn Restaurant here in San Diego. Views worth dining for! Excellent in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Embarrassing eveningMmmmVIPDined on 7/26/2014As locals(Coronado),dined at Sea180 several mo.ago. The food then was great,esp.the Branzino.We recommended it to out of towners July4 wkend.They ordered theBranzino that we had raved abt.They were quite disappointed though as they received a tiny fish, NOT LIKE WE DESCRIBED.Thought maybe it was an off nite.When friends from LittleItaly wanted to try it last wkend,went back with them.2of our party ordered the Branzino. One was full of bones, was sent bk.for replacement.But itNEVER arrived and was taken off bill.The second one was 1/3 the size of what we originally had. Not enough meat,all head and tail.What happened? Either it's not 'Branzino season' or the restaurant has majorlycut back. We left hungry,frustrated and embarrassed.Special Features:
- IB is happeningTrapper101Dined on 7/26/2014we live in IB fir the past 30 year we have seen some good restaurant come and go in IB. SEA 180 has really hit the mark. The food was great the service was great. I like the range of beers served. I like ambience of the place it had a good feel. 5 star service but still a place you don't need or feel you have to dress up. but if you want that is OK also I like the vintage wood siding flooring and table. great job keep it going.Special Features:
- Wonderful Meal AgainFriendlyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Stopped by for a scenic view lunch. It was to Dine For! Wow!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Best restaurant/bar in the area. GREAT views and food/drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of San Diego's Best!GenOVIPDined on 7/25/2014Finally fine dining in Imperial Beach and the best type of fine dining not too stuffy and the view doesn't compensate for the quality of food. Tons of options for all, breakfast, brunch and dinner are all top notch. Extensive and creative cocktails, and incredible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden DiamondrubbacatDined on 7/24/2014Absolutely loved this new restaurant! Crab cakes, fish & chips, arugula & beet salad are all to die for. We'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view / welcoming atmosphereJansDined on 7/24/2014Delicious salads with incredible dressings...warm and inviting..our entire group enjoyed themselves! The service was also great! I would highly recommend this restaurant...a little known "gem" for Imperial Beach area...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new Cohn Restaurantorpheus197Dined on 7/23/2014This place inside of a hotel has a phenomenal view of the ocean and was well worth the hour drive from Escondido to Imperial Beach. The drinks were very good and cutting edge--we had Apple Jacks, Blue Gooses, Spiced Watermelon Drops, Green Flashes, and Pineapple Mojitos--all good and original. The food was even better--the ground lamb sliders were fantastic, the arugula and baby beets were also quite good as starters. As the main course, the wagyu burger and the grilled king salmon were both outstanding. I would highly recommend this place as long as some people in other parts of San Diego County were willing to go on quite a drive.Special Features:
- Fantastically Fun & Flavorful FoodFriendlyVIPDined on 7/22/2014What a treat for the eyes (on the ocean and the sunset), the ears (to hear the sound of the ocean while dining), the nose (for the bouquet of your wine glasses and the ocean salt) and tastes of great freshly made foods. Too bad "Views to Dine For" was already taken. It was simply superb all-around. Thanks, Jeremy, Sheehan, Leslie and David! Fabulous!Special Features: