Scuzzi's Italian Grill
4035 N Loop 1604 W, Ste 102
San Antonio, TX 78257Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Scuzzi's Italian Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2104938884
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Scuzzi's Italian Grill
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scuzzi's Italian Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (8)romantic (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Small nice spothighmathDined on 8/29/2014It was a decent spot to grab some dinner. I thought it may have been crowded because it was a Friday night and I was mistaken. The place share a parking lot and building with a lively bar, which only cause a little problem finding parking. There was plenty of space inside and do to it being a Friday night I was a little skeptical, however the food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatLisasatxDined on 8/29/2014Food was delicious. Great lunch menu. Kinda dark in the restaurant for lunch timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven serviceTxBlossomDined on 8/15/2014Usually our experience is very nice - not so much this visit. Our orders were totally mixed up, wrong & served at random times. The waiter was very apologetic but the meal was a bit of a mess. The manager somehow heard about all the mistakes & ended up comping all our entrees. We appreciated that in light of the crazy evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousmamasculleyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Scuzzi's Italian Grill provides great service, and delicious food! The wait staff was very polite and courteous, suggested wine to go with each dish. The food came out fast!Special Features:
- dpinsaDined on 7/29/2014We dine at Scuzzi's quite often and monthly with the same group of friends. The food is always delicious no matter what is chosen and the service is fantastic. We have steered many friends to Scuzzi's and all of them have become somewhat regulars. The eggplant parmesan is delicioso!!!! A great place for lunch or dinner when you want Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oysterloverVIPDined on 6/21/2014Charging 4 star prices does not make a 4 star restaurant. Sat in booths with torn vinyl. food was ok, but not for the price. They charged 4 dollars extra for a salad...that consisted of a few wilted greens, not cut, and some sliced onion. I should have sent it back. But as the house salad, I'd say it represented "the house." Tired, old and overpriced. Disappointing. We went next door for dessert to Free tail.
- ScuzzimothersdayoutDined on 5/11/2014The food is always wonderful. Especially like their seafood dishes. Wait staff is always friendly and attentive to needs without being there all the time. Only problem is on holidays when they take reservations. However, I know the people want to enjoy the family and may stay longer then expected which throws the reservations system out of whack. We have always enjoyed our dining at Scuzzi and will continue to dine there.Special Features:
- Reservations prepare to waitSAJoeDined on 5/11/2014While the food was good and the wait staff was courteous, the extended wait times when we had a reservations started the evening out poorly. Add to that a hostess with minimal people skills that spent more time adjusting her glasses than extending warm greetings to those who were in attendance. In spite of the very disappointing start, the food was good and at a reasonable price. We may be willing to give this another try but based on the comments from another person in line, this was not the first time their reservations handling left much to be desiredSpecial Features:
- great job with a large group!!!lfsaDined on 5/11/2014We had 13 people at our table and the staff was great. The food was wonderful, as usual! Amazed that they can still maintain great staff and good food even on a crowded day! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scuzzi's Italian GrillJennyDined on 5/11/2014Made reservations through open table and still had to wait over 30 minutes to be seated. We were given a table outside on the patio. It was extremely windy and we had a hard time keeping things on the table. It was a very unpleasant experience.Special Features:
- Glad we finally tried this place!JennRG12Dined on 5/10/2014This place has been here for several years now, and we've always been meaning to try it but just hadn't yet. Glad we did! The food is great and the servers are on the spot! They are very accommodating without being annoying, and do a great job handling special requests. We had a larger party for Mother's Day and a couple of us made special requests (no pepper, extra garlic, etc) and they were all taken care of. The food is tasty, well prepared, and just like Italian food should be, comes in gargantuan portions. I highly recommend the calamari appetizer, as well as the Gamberetti alla Scuzzis (shrimp w/ pasta).Special Features:
- The following 51 reviews are from the Scuzzi's Italian Grill reviews archive.
- dinnerIkeyVIPDined on 4/4/2014Quiet dinner with wife, my shrimp was fantastic as was her snapper. Wine was served appropriatelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Meet, Greet, Eat PlaceMarybethDined on 3/20/2014Best Negroni!!! Very friendly and professional service. Menu had MANY marvelous choices to include salads. Food was beautifully presented , FRESH and DONE absolutely perfect. It was NOT our first time but we will definitely be back. We lived in Europe for several years and in many ways you got that wonderful comfortable feeling of ambiance, freshly cooked marvels and the feeling that you MUST come back. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scuzzi's on 02/23/2014michaeldeanstigersDined on 2/24/2014Made reservations as always even though it was a dead night. The waiter was exceptional as was the food. Highly recommended for a romantic night or just a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageVersedDined on 2/23/2014I would consider this an average Italian restaurant in San Antonio. Nothing special. Typical entrees similar to Paesano's, Aldo's, etc... Had the house salad which had a very good Creamy Italian dressing. The lettuce was dry and wilted and the presentation on the plate was less than appealing. Seemed like it was just slapped on the plate. The Shrimp Scuzzi was good. Very similar to Shrimp Paesano. The waiter we had was nice enough but had no knowledge of the menu items. He did not know how they were prepared, what things tasted like or the ingredients.
- It's all about the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014I love the food, not only because it tastes delicious and is presented well but it seems to be prepared by someone who cares about what they are making. I appreciate that quality very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2014Reception was a little backed up, not sure why when there were plenty of tables. Service thereafter was friendly and in anticipation of our needs without unnecessary interruptions. The food is reasonably priced, generous portions, and good tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always have a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013I always have a great time here. The food is great!! It's freshly prepared and there are many gluten free options, which I love. The service was slightly slow but it was New Years Eve so I expected some delay. Our waitor was extremely nice and the manager even came to our table to ask about our service. I recommend this place to anyone and I will definitely be going back. Very good Italian food!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!!!signosDined on 12/31/2013We enjoyed a wonderful New year´s dinner with our friends, our server (Ricardo) was very efficient and the food was a delight; I deeply recomended for special occations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScuzziJanelovestomDined on 12/24/2013The restaurant was very nice and there was plenty of parking at this location. The food was delicious and our waiter was very attentive. I was however a little annoyed that even though we had a reservation through Open Table, and had confirmed twice via email and phone, when we arrived (on time and complete party) our table was not ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soLuv2eatDined on 12/24/2013This was our 3rd year in a row going for Christmas Eve. We really like the ease of reserving a table and the friendliness of the staff. The food though just doesn't seem as good as it was the first year. The ravioli lacked seasoning which was tried to be hidden under a lot of cheese. The carbonara my son had was good but the pancetta described was regular bacon.
- great location and ambiancenommerDined on 12/12/2013The food was alright. The atmosphere was elegant, an upscale olive garden. The food was ok. where it had a more descrptive menu than olive garden, the food didnt really live up to its ingredients. I hear there are very good things on the menu, we must have just tried the ok items. Cocktails are delicious but small. Chicken parmagiana was mild in flavor to put it nicely. The tomato sauce tasted out of the can. I got chicken dish "stuffed" with prusciuto and spinach which was tasty. The pasta served as a side with every meal was boring spaghetti noodles with mediocre sauce. The hot bread with the meal was delicious. The wait staff and hostess provided phenominal service and atmosphere to our evening. Id be willing to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair food, high pricesR7S4GFDined on 12/7/2013We went hoping for an Italuan grill; however, pasta dominated. They advertised themselves as being gluten friendly, but the server provide no help when ordering. Also, they dudn't know how to cook gluten-free pasta.Special Features:
- Have eaten here many times.RalphVIPDined on 10/29/2013Have eaten here many times. Is an ok restaurant with ok food and averge service. We did have GREAT service this evening with Caitlan as our server
- Get Your Italian OnspurrickDined on 10/25/2013Great food & wine....good selection if seafood dishes. Service by Brian was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the name fool youthewong1Dined on 10/3/2013You would probably pass the restaurant by since you can't see the building and the funny name.Being next to a brew pub probably doesn't help either.But we tried it one night on a whim and we couldn't be happier. The bar area was nice and the high ceilings made you forget what the outside looked like. Very courteous reception and the serving staff was great.Not overly attentive, you could have a conversion without saying "thank you" every few minutes. We had the grilled red fish and the chicken medallions with lemon sauce Both were great, not over cooked or rubbery. Sauces were nice and creamy and didn't over whelm the dishes.They even serve the shrimp with the lemon butter sauce that the other restaurant has, but this was much more tenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningItalianGirlDined on 9/28/2013We celebrated a family birthday at Scuzzi's. There were 6 of us and all raved about their food! We have been there a few times before but the food was even better this time. Our server was attentive without being intrusive. The entire staff is obviously well trained. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- This was the first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2013This was the first visit and was very pleased with the service and food. All the food was reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy!EarlybirdsVIPDined on 9/13/2013We go early with kids. Service is always great. Good menu variety and affordable pricing. Make a nice dining experience without breaking the budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013Scuzzi's is a reliable restaurant in every way. Food is good, the ambiance is just right, and the service is dependable. We will be regular diners here, and I recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scuzzi's delivers great foodSonKneeBoyVIPDined on 6/25/2013We throughly enjoyed our dinner last night. I had the chicken saltimbocca (fork tender) and my wife had the pasta primavera(fresh veggies as promised). The place was quiet the wait staff professional and our dinner was delicious. It turned out that we were doubly rewarded because Tuesday is 1/2 price wine. Wow Cakebread at half price!Special Features:
- Scuzzi's LunchAlexDined on 6/20/2013Staff was very accomodating even for a large group. The service from the wait staff was excellent. The food quality was among the best in the city of San Antonio. The decor and lighting were perfect for the type of restaurant that Scuzzi's is. I would highly recommend this place for a special occassion such as an anniversary or birthday.Special Features:
- it was good for alloldmanbellVIPDined on 6/16/2013We had a good group of children and grandchildren for Fathers day. M/y Kids picked but I'll always remember! .... and most importantly, the grandkids cleaned their plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013If your looking for a great Italian experience this is the place. Food , service and ambience are excellent. Wait staff is attentive even on a busy day. Have a notable wine list and bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent italian food. TheDebbylVIPDined on 3/30/2013Excellent italian food. The service was great, very nice place to bring your family.Special Features:
- Overall had a good experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013Overall had a good experience, food was delicious, waitstaff excellent, and I even believe the manager came to the table to check on us as well. Only issue I had with restaurant is that I made reservations for a birthday, and requested a cake, but when it came time for the cake, I had to ask for it, so it ruined the surprise aspect of the evening. We were seated promptly, just I believe there was lack of communication, in relaying those details of the reservation.Special Features:
- Overall disappointingPuraJediDined on 3/1/2013Wine list not at all notable. Although we had reservations at 7:30 And arrived early- we waited 40 minutes to be seated. Our Table was too small. Our server was kind but busy. The food was Disappointing - for example cannoli's are store bought and some Sauces tasted store bought vs made in house. Very over- priced for food quality. Garlic olive oil tasty.Special Features:
- Great wine specials at theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Great wine specials at the bar. Food is affordable. Fast service.Special Features:
- The seating was a mess. PeopleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013The seating was a mess. People with reservations had to wait 1/2 an hour or more. At one point the hostess seated walk ins before the people with reservations. This was my first time here and I understand that they were under pressure because of Valentine's day but you just don't seat walk ins before the people with reservations. It was a pretty unpleasant scene. Once we were seated the service was good and they had a photographer taking free pictures of couples as a souvenir. The food was ok but not worth the 30+ minute wait to be seated. The best thing about it was that there was no prixe menu. Overall, it was an ok experience. I just went to be with the one I love and I didn't want to spend a bunch of money.Special Features:
- We had reservations for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We had reservations for Valentine's Day. Stood in line and checked-in, then watched as walk-ins were seated before us. We waited for an hour to be seated, then returned home. At the suggestion of co-workers, we gave them a second chance on a monday evening. The food was good, but what we were served was not what we ordered. Were are willing to give them a third chance. The ratings for service would have been higher if we did not average in our first experience.