92 Summer St.
Arlington, MA 02474Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scutra.com/
- Phone: 7813161816
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, European, Belgian
- Executive Chef: Didier Baugniet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are a full service catering co. We will service up to 200 guests. Call our restaurant for further details or to set up a time. We personalize menus to everyone’s personal needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant can accommodate up to 60 guest or the restaurant can be divided into 2 sections both accommodating 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cesidia Baugniet 7813161816
A word from Scutra
Welcome to Scutra. We are a small family run Restaurant. Our food is an influence of Belgium-Italian with an American Bistro Feel. We'd like everyone to feel like they are at home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scutra reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (22)romantic (16)notable wine list (11)good for groups (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Outstanding Out of the MainstreamappletonVIPDined on 8/27/2014Outstanding menu; excellent preparation; excellent service. The whole operation is very professional from Greeter to Table Clearer. Menu and Specials were almost anything I could have ordered. What more can I say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good as usualpickyDined on 8/22/2014we have been going to Scutra for years. We love the changing menus, the prefect food, and the friendly but discreet service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everSam2mamboDined on 8/21/2014Took myself to dinner at the last minute. The menu offers many choices it is difficult to choose what one wants. However, on T,W and Th there is a special menu for 23.00 you get choice of 2 apps and 2 or 3 main courses. I had a wonderful spinach salad and veal scaloppini coated with parmesan cheese and served with mushroom risotto. Unbelievable sauce. Really great!Special Features:
- Much better than expected.Butterfly12Dined on 8/9/2014We received a gift certificate last year. It took us this long to use it because we were concerned about them accommodating my finicky eating, but we were pleasantly surprised. They had a couple of delicious specials that we tried and they were great. My food was cooked without the glaze/gravy as requested and it was delicious. The food is a little pricey, but the meals were well worth it. We will definitely go again for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Gem Outside BostonJvfoodDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I have been going to Scutra for several years. The quality of food and service continues to be outstanding. Scutra easily competes with the better Boston restaurants. What separates Scutra from some of the better Boston restaurants are the sauces. They are complex, but never overbearing that compliments and enhances the flavor of the dish. Something only the better chefs can do. Scutra is highly recommended.Special Features:
- Scutra 2-course midweek specialArlingtonHeightsDined on 8/7/2014The summer midweek special $24 2-course dinner offers a choice among 3 app's, 3 entrees, and I-know-not-how-many deserts. I definitely liked my fig appetizer and bluefish entree. My d.c. was less pleased with the same fish, but unlike me, she is not a bluefish fan. The bread was crusty and very good, served with spiced olive oil. Our initial service was inexplicably slow at a time before the restaurant was even 25% full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Already a favorite!JoeythegoodDined on 7/12/2014Charming, very comfortable, romantic, quiet... A wonderful place to connect with someone special; for us, a relaxed and intimate evening. Terrific food, our waiter Louis was charming and engaging, very respectful of our privacy and very helpful without hovering. I find the menu a welcome combination of hedonistic and comforting, and very satisfying. Skillfully prepared, wonderful presentation. Every time I dine here I recommend it. I had pork osso buco and my date had seafood risotto; a fair amount of food so we split the tomato and beet salad appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!PssstDined on 7/12/2014What a unique neighborhood restaurant with metropolitan ambiance, food and service. No need to go into Boston! The decor and table placement was perfect; warm colors, low noise level, nice space between tables in spite of the small space the restaurant occupies. I was surprised at at the reasonable prices for the quality and presentation of food. You would easily pay double in Boston or Cambridge. They have a really well designed bar with seating that's part of the restaurant so there's no "bar scene". Just guests having a bite to eat and fabulous drinks. Dress was casual but this is the type of place where business casual works as well. No one would feel out of place. Do not miss this!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience constantlySam2mamboDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant has become a go to restaurant for a special evening And meal. The food is always creative and good. Service is friendly and efficient. You can be comfortable going alone. I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:
- It's my favoriteCrabrisottoVIPDined on 6/27/2014I love this restaurant. It's food is creative, delicious and the portions are perfect. Love the waitstaff too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner delightdelightedlydiningDined on 6/20/2014Scutra has a good wine list, seasonal entrees that are thoughtfully prepared and overall excellent cuisine with knowledgeable waitstaff and a quiet yet elegant dining room area. Truly, a neighborhood gem. My favorite aspect of the menu is the recently added "small bites appetizers" -just a taste of something different.Special Features:
- Good, but not "wow"...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Good food. I had a wonderful spinach salad, and a pretty good paella, tho a bit dry. Tasty dessert. Excellent bread. For the price we paid ($40 per person), I am not sure that it beats out other restaurants in that price range. I had a good meal, but I would try out other places before returning here. I just was not "wowed", but had a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scutra's a gemdiner99Dined on 6/19/2014Excellent place! Wonderful food and exceptional service.Special Features:
- Great serviceCitydiner57Dined on 6/19/2014The servers are knowledgeable and the food is well prepared. Only downfall is that there is a big plastic curtain in the dining area ( due to an accident in March). They should try to repair the damages ASAP. It's not fair to pay higher prices and sit next to a construction site! This makes a negative impact on the ambiance. The entree special is a good deal. The food is tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient DiningdineoutoftenDined on 6/17/2014Wait staff very personable, welcoming and fun. Nice cocktail menu for alternative drink options. Scutra winter salads were good start to dinner. Three of us dining had 3 different entrees. Thoughtful combinations of the sides/ sauces with entrees. Food tasty but not wow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGatunaDined on 6/13/2014We have a wonderful dinner! Every bite was perfect execute and the bar delivery consistently. At desert time we Fought for every piece: good on the sweet tooth too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff, nice dinnercpaddockDined on 5/31/2014One of the friendlier places we've dined at. Food was very good, too.
- great birthday celebrationforevereatingDined on 5/31/2014We were seated promptly, served well and the food was delicious...the mussel was AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arlington very good restaurantperilsVIPDined on 5/31/2014Scutra is a restaurant where the food is consistently good. The service also is very good usually. The manager pays a lot of attention to the customers.Special Features:
- BrannyDined on 5/30/2014Creative cuisine artfully presented. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- familyoffoodiesDined on 5/22/2014I ORDERED THE SPECIAL: STEAK & SHRIMP. The portions were small, 2 "tiny" shrimp and the steak portion very small and very grisseley. I wasn't given the option of returning my entrée for one that was more palatable as other restaurants would have offered. The vegetables, potatoes and desearts were delicious. The ambiance, wine & service perfect.Special Features:
- I like ScutraFrequentdinerDined on 5/20/2014Scutra is a dependably good restaurant for a meal with friends: great food at reasonable prices, pleasant and attractive setting, friendly and efficient service.Special Features:
- The following 942 reviews are from the Scutra reviews archive.
- A wonderful gem in ArlingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2014Great food, good ambience, good prices, except the drinks are a little high: $12 for a Grey Goose martini. Definitely would recommend it, though, and will be back.Special Features:
- Pretty good - Not quite thereTrueEnglandPatriotDined on 5/16/2014The menu and the plating were excellent. The wine list very good. Service knowledgeable, entertaining and enthusiastic. Great ambience for a romantic dinner or a chat with friends. The taste of the food - pretty good, but just lacking the excellence to make this a top restaurantSpecial Features:
- Saturday night before the theatreSusieDined on 5/10/2014We had dinner before seeing a show at the Regent Theatre. The staff was very attentive to our timeframe and we had plenty of time to leisurely drink and have dinner. Drinks were excellent, appetizers and main courses excellent. The swordfish special was fabulous!Special Features:
- Wonderful service, delicious foodjdm640Dined on 5/3/2014The servers and the manager were absolutely amazing. Felt at home right away, beautiful ambiance. The friendly people and warm atmosphere alone would warrant a repeat visit, but the food was outstanding as well. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- DJDarJarDined on 5/3/2014Scutra is a Fabulous neighborhood restaurant and we will return very soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ,mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2014I was surprised how good the foods was. I had very well cooked Parmesan crusted salmon with extremely flavorful well seasoned greens and a fantastic risotto. The waitress was extremely friendly once we eventually got served. Our water glasses remained empty most of the meal and I had to flag a staff member for a second glass of wine. The service was very slow. I would go again for the food alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAST TIME EATING HERE!MaryCCDined on 4/30/2014I ordered the Paella (Lobster-Shrimp-Clam-Scallops-Chicken-Chorizo Saffron Rice) and requested to omit the Clams. The meal came with squid (tentacles and whole bodies, which I hate) and some sort of white fish which was overcooked with no flavor at all. The meal was served with one small lobster claw, one shrimp, one scallop (no chicken) and three half pieces of chorizo. It was the worst meal I have had in a long time. I requested a clear chocolate martini. The bartender did not know how to make one. I did get a chocolate martini which was colored chocolate. I admit it was tasty. I will, sorry to say, not be returning again.
- Hidden GemSungoddessDined on 4/26/2014I heard about this place from someone who lived in Arlington. It is a very small place but was comfortable inside. The food was excellent! I had the chicken risotto....yummy. I also had the beet and goat cheese salad which was also delicious! My other two friends had the Beef Tenderloin, which was cooked to their desired temperature. We all finished our plates. I usually do not splurge on the bread but this was worth it... multigrain and/or white but very fresh ( I was told it was baked fresh everyday) and the pesto dipping oil was also very fresh... one of the best that I have had. The bartender made a great Cosmo. Our server was very friendly and was able to answer any questions we had about the food.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceleroyDined on 4/26/2014But skip the "Maryland" crabcakes. They might be OK for Massachusetts, but they'd never fly in Maryland.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014Scutra is an unassuming restaurant that charms and delights. Perhaps a dozen or so tables and a nice bar on the far end, this restaurant has a bistro feel to it for sure. The service was excellent as the waiter was very knowledgeable and charming in his own right. We both ordered the evening specials and the quality and presentation was very good. I will definitely go back to explore the menu more extensively. Cheers!Special Features:
- food ok, waitress a bit offOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014Our food was ok but not great. Some dishes were interesting but not so great. It just wasnt convincing.
- Birthday pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014This was a special occasion - and the meals matched the occasion. Well done, interesting combinations in just the right sized portions -- we were able to enjoy aperizer, salad, entre' and dessert without feeling overstuffed. I rather suspect we will be back!Special Features:
- Great FoodDeDeDined on 4/9/2014The food was very good and there was a variety dishes to choose from. Added bonus were the specials which included salad and an entre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Once You Get InSGH1234Dined on 4/5/2014Our evening had a rocky start with the hostess ignoring us while she went off to clean and set up tables (an odd dual function in a restaurant). After an unreasonably long wait, she noted our reservation, went to clear a table and sat us. This restaurant does not have a comfortable waiting area, and to be ignored was quite infuriating. Once we were seated, the wait staff was very pleasant and helpful. The food was quite nice, and overall made up for the treatment at the door. The only downside to the service was when the hostess brought us our appetizers. She handed us the plates and left it to us to clear spots to put them down. The regular wait staff was much more professional bringing the main course and dessert.Special Features:
- fantasticgirlsout4Dined on 4/5/2014Everything was great, very clean place, great service, wow amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Gem!anniv23Dined on 4/2/2014Enjoyed a birthday dinner with girlfriends and had a great experience. Good food and fun drinks! Our waiter was very attentive and we especially liked the appetizer & dinner special - excellent dishes at a great price. Will be sure to return next time I'm in Arlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a pretty good restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014This is a pretty good restaurant. In the past, we've found the dishes to be interesting and well prepared. This evening, however, the flavors in a couple of dishes didn't quite fuse. I'm sure we'll give it another try.
- Incredibly delicious EVERY time!!!!RangreenDined on 3/24/2014I keep going back to this restaurant because I want to order almost everything on the menu! The food is absolutely ingenious. This is the best restaurant in all of Arlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.